- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I was told someone wanted me to post, so for you, and because Lori is awesome.

MICHAEL

 

Why did I ever trust Lindsay? I was going to tell Ma that I knew where Justin was but I didn’t know how to tell her what I did that day. I was just going to tell Justin to stay gone, but I was angry that Brian didn’t turn to me. Brian told me to leave him alone when I tried to tell him he did the right thing by kicking Justin out. He even kicked me out without even giving me a chance to show him that I was a better choice for boyfriend. I was just angry that Justin had what I wanted, so instead of telling him off, I followed him until he was alone. I still don’t understand where he was going that day, just that it was like we were touring the city. 

 

He walked to a pay phone and all I wanted to do was stop him from calling Brian. So I picked up a piece of pipe I saw laying on the ground and hit him with it. I didn’t mean to do it, it was just wanting to keep him from Brian that caused me to do it. I was standing there and realized that I needed to get Justin away from the street, because if I had killed him I was in a lot of trouble. I dragged him to the alley and searched him. I got his wallet and the paper with Brian’s credit card number on it. I figured I had time to get home and cover my tracks. I just hoped Justin would stay gone. Nobody wanted him around anyway. 

 

I should have just keep it to myself, because Lindsay, instead of the friend I thought she was, turned into a conniving bitch, always about money, not Brian. She told me to keep it quiet because if anyone found out I could end up getting a long time in jail. Then told me that if I didn’t start paying for her silence, she’d tell on me. 

 

Lindsay hung up on me and I turned to see my Ma looking at me.

 

“Michael, what was that about?” She asks me.

 

“Nothing. Lindsay didn’t want to help us.” I tell her.

 

“Michael what did you mean you weren’t trying to kill him?” She asks me.

 

“It was just a joke Ma.” I tell her.

 

“Don’t lie to me, you’ve been stealing to pay Lindsay to keep her from telling what?” She asks me.

 

“Shit Ma, I was angry that even after Brian kicked Justin out, he was still turning me away. So I followed Justin when Lindsay told me the flight he took to New York. I didn’t mean to hit him so hard.” I tell her.

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO?” She yells at me.

 

“I just picked up a pipe and hit him. I dragged him off the street and into an alley because I was afraid someone would call the police. Nobody saw me, not even Justin.” I tell her.

 

“Michael stay away from Justin. We can’t take a chance on him ever figuring out it was you.” She tells me, at least Ma is on my side.

 

“I don’t think he knows, but Lindsay is threatening to tell if I don’t keep paying her.” I tell her.

 

“I’ll handle Lindsay, she better just keep her ass in New York. We can handle Justin, I’ll just remind him what Brian was like, how bad the asshole treated him and who loved him.” She tells me.

 

DEB

 

That bitch better not come to my house and think I’ll welcome her ass. She thinks that blackmailing Michael is something I won’t kick her ass for. I dial the bitch to let her know what I think of her.

 

“Jesus Michael, I’m coming. Tell the bitch that birthed you to hold her fucking horses.” Lindsay says to me.

 

“You told me for him, and as far as I’m concerned, this bitch is going to kick your ass.” I tell her.

 

“Michael opened his mouth I see.” She sounds bored.

 

“How could you do that to my son? We stood by you when everyone else walked away and this is how you repay the debt?” I ask her.

 

“What did you do that was worth my time? I had to sit and listen to you act like your son was the greatest thing on the planet. How do we all owe it to you because you birthed an idiot? Neither one of you ever thinks, just hops from one stupid idea to another. I lost everything and somehow you thought Michael’s issues were the only things that were important. Mel meant everything to me.” She thinks anyone believes that.

 

“So much that you had a baby with a man she hates, really not a way to show your love for Mel.” I tell her.

 

“Mel wanted a child, and I wanted a way to get out of the shitty house and car we had. Brian could have helped make Mel and I not have to struggle.” She tells me.

 

“No, you wanted to rub it in mommy and daddy’s rich faces that you could have the life they had. Mel was just your way of pissing them off.” I throw the truth in her face.

 

“You can say anything you want, but I loved her, you won’t take that from me.” She tells me.

 

“Your love isn’t worth the time it took for her to kick you out. Stay the hell away from my son, and if you open your mouth, I’ll make sure Brian and Mel think you were with Michael in New York. They’d believe you are crazy enough to hurt Justin, not Michael. Think about it, who’s been in New York this whole time? Not my son.” I tell her.

 

“I could always tell everyone you guys paid me to stay and keep Justin from coming home.” She tells me.

 

“Just stay the fuck away from Pittsburgh, you won’t like what I’ll do to you if you come back here.” I warn her and hang up.

 

No one is going to send my son to prison. Hopefully Justin will just stay unaware of what Michael did.

 

BRIAN

 

Never let four princesses sit in a room and try to make a plan, they come up with all kinds of crazy ass ideas. Thank God for Ted, he was the only voice of reason between Blake, Justin, Emmett and Daphne.

 

“I can play the young hot muse.” Daphne tells us.

 

“Daphne, believe me, you don’t want to have Sam all over you. We can hire a hooker.” Justin tells her.

 

“I could always dress in drag, it would really piss Lindsay off that she turned a guy onto dick. Isn’t that why she’s been pissed at you for years Brian. You never fucked another woman after her.” Emmett looks at me.

 

“Ted could you find out where she has been getting the money to finance the whole New York excursion? And maybe get her put in jail for tax fraud.” Even Ted wondered where Blake came up with that one.

 

“Or you guys could be good little boys and girls and let Uncle Maxie handle it.” Max tell them.

 

“Maxie, can’t you let us help?” Emmett bats his eyes.

 

“If he keeps flirting with me, you guys will be on your own for a couple of days. Cause Uncle Max needs to get Emmett alone and naked.” Max tells us.

 

“Honey, it would take a week for me to be happy.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Okay children, I can’t get Lindsay for tax fraud, because I don’t have a legal way to trace money. Shut up Max, if you do don’t tell us, then it’s not aiding and abetting. As much as Emmett in drag sounds like fun, Lindsay would see through it, since the general consensus is that Sammy boy likes them young and FEMALE. Daphne, no one will allow you to get molested by a pervert. Instead let Sam find a legal young female, not one you could get in trouble for soliciting. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” Ted tells them.

 

“That was kind of hot.” Justin tells Blake.

 

“I know, it’s like he channels Brian. I love when he gets all in-charge.” Blake tells us.

 

“I know it, too bad Ted and I never made it. I would have loved to see that side of him.” Emmett tells them.

 

“Yeah, my girl parts got all tingly, do it again Ted.” Daphne tells Ted.

 

“Your turn, because they aren’t listening to me.” Ted tells us.

 

“Me neither, and Emmett is looking kind of yummy.” Max tells Emmett, whose smile promises all kinds of fun for Max.

 

“How about we call Sam and see what he wants to do?” I tell them.

 

“Um, Brian, couldn’t you do the whole take charge thing, we want to compare.” Daphne tells me.

 

“It’s really hot, but then look at him.” Justin tells them, waving his hand around like he’s showing off a prize on a game show. They all turn and look at me like I’m a piece of steak. Yes, I’m vain enough to like it.

 

“Sam is going to do it because Justin is his equal and it would be a sell out show.” Max tells us.

 

“But can he convince Lindsay?” I ask Max.

 

“Yes, because Liddy or Lindsay wants to show off, always wants to be on the arm of someone like Sam. It’s the ‘look who wants me’ thing.” Max tells me.

 

“You don’t think she was just trying to screw with Justin?” Daphne asks us.

 

“No, because she was around before Justin came onto the art scene. Maybe she was looking to see if Justin surfaced?” Max tells us.

 

“It makes me wonder how much she knows about Justin being hurt.” Blake tells us.

 

“Why would you say that?” I ask Blake.

 

“How did she know Justin wouldn’t recognize her? It doesn’t make sense she would risk Justin seeing her if the point was for Justin to stay gone. Maybe she was going to tell him not to come home, but Justin didn’t recognize her at all and she played off that?” Blake tells us.

 

“BRIAN.” Ted yells at my back.

 

“Stop him.” Max yells.

 

“Brian, if you run off to chase after them, I won’t be here when you get back.” Justin warns me.

 

“Justin, don’t fucking threaten to leave me. I won’t play that game with you.” I tell him, turning around to face him.

 

“Fuck, I just want us to be together. I’m sorry, I should never have said that to you.” Justin runs to me and wraps himself around me. “Please don’t be mad at me.” He whispers over and over, kissing me.

 

“It’s not something you can say after all this.” I whisper to him, holding my future tightly in my arms.

 

“Then stay with me, we can let Max handle this. I need to prove to you and the children that I’m worth your love.” Justin tells me.

 

“You don’t have to prove that, I know, even if you don’t remember, I know. You changed everything for me.” I tell him.

 

“You can change that? Why did I just think that?” Justin looks confused.

 

“I said that to you the night we met. I asked if you where you were headed and you told me…”

 

“No place special.” Justin smiled

 

“I told you I could change that, and you trusted me to do it.” I tell him.

 

“Do you remember that?” Daphne and Emmett ask at the same time.

 

“I didn’t see it just the words.” Justin tells me.

 

“They were more important.” I tell him.

 

“Can we just get to know each other and let everyone else plan? I need time to get Gus and Jewel to know me, and Aidan needs to have his dad get to know him.” He tells me.

 

“Ted you need to make sure Max knows the Lindsay we know. Get Mel to help you, she will help when she finds out about Justin.” I tell them.

 

“Okay, definitely gets it from Brian, because I think I need to find my boyfriend and deal with my problem.” Daphne tells us as she leaves the house.

 

“Ted can we go?” Blake begs.

 

“Max, care to show me your room?” Emmett tells Max.

 

I take Justin with me to my house, there is no way I want to hear Emmett and Max go at it. Justin is quiet in the car.

 

“It’s okay, you just caught me off guard when you said what you did.” I tell him.

 

“That’s not it.” Justin tells me.

 

“Then what is it?” I ask him.

 

“Everyone is getting laid and we’re going home to three kids. How do I deal with the fact that I want you to bend me like a pretzel and still manage to deal with our children?” He asks me.

 

“Welcome to the world of children.” I tell him.

 

“Please, I’ve had Aidan for the last four years.” He tells me.

 

“And what about the bend like a pretzel, ever dealt with that at the same time?” I ask.

 

“You have a valid point Mr. Kinney. I will survive, but you better be ready to take care of me tonight.” He tells me. Like that would be a hardship.

 

“When did you meet Liddy?” It’s bothering me.

 

“Um, it was my first show. She was dragging me all over the gallery. Which I didn’t mind because I was nervous. Why?” He asks me.

 

“That was the same night I was there, think about it.” I tell him.

 

“She knows something, but if she was trying to kill me, she wouldn’t have left me laying there. Liddy would have done it right, or am I wrong about the Lindsay you know?” He asks me.

 

“Lindsay wouldn’t have done it herself, but you're right, if she wanted you dead, she would have made sure. I doubt she would have risked you remembering her, because she would want to see what she was paying for and for you to know she inflicted it. So I agree she most likely didn’t hurt you, but I bet she knew something.” I tell him.

 

“You know, not remembering can be comforting, because you have some shitty best friends.” Justin tells me.

 

“No, because the only best friend I ever had is sitting right next to me.” I tell him.

 

“Changed my mind, I want to remember you.” He tells me.