- Text Size +

To everyone's enjoyment, Michael had left in a huff when Brian was finished reaming him out because no one was defending him. After breakfast Brian told Justin that he would drop him back home at the loft before heading to work, and he would pick him up at noon for his therapy appointment. Emmett suggested that he accompany Justin back to the loft so that they could catch up, Justin agreed since Brian was only going to be working a half day anyway due to insisting on being with Justin for therapy.

 

So, as Brian and Ted headed for Kinnetik, Justin and Emmett headed for the loft. Since the two were walking, Emmett stayed very close to Justin, trying to make up for the fact that he was still nervous if other people got too close. Emmett wanted to ask Justin about his and Brian's seclusion at the loft, but kept the conversation general until they were alone. The closer they got to their destination, the more Emmett began to notice how Justin would press himself into Emmett's side if anyone got near him.

 

Once they were inside the loft and seated, Emmett couldn't wait any longer to ask Justin what had happened. Justin knew that Emmett was a true friend and, despite his penchant for gossip, he could be trusted to never betray a true confidence. So Justin told him about his mother trying to keep him and Brian apart and then what had happened when he and Daphne had figured it out. Emmett agreed with Brian about Jennifer just trying to do what she thought was best. Justin was still upset about what his mother had done, but reluctantly agreed that they were probably right and that if he was in her position he might do the same thing.

 

Justin smiled as he spoke about how open Brian had been with him and how it had been so nice to have a few days alone with the man that he loved. Justin didn't say anything about Brian bottoming, knowing that that was something that was just between them. No one needed to know unless Brian decided to tell them. Emmett was thrilled that things were so good between his friends and vowed to try and run interference where Michael was concerned.

 

The boys were having such a good time catching up that they were surprised when Brian walked in at noon to take Justin to therapy.

 

"Well, what do we have here? You ladies still chatting away?" Brian said, smiling and leaning over to capture the lips he had been missing since he left the diner earlier.

 

"Oh, damn, I didn't realize what time it was. I need to get changed." Justin suddenly looked nervous, not wanting to waste Brian's time.

 

"Calm down, Sunshine. You get ready and I'll let your chat buddy keep me entertained," Brian said smilingly. When Justin went into the bedroom to get changed, Brian turned to Emmett. "How was he on the walk from the diner? We haven't been out yet and I want to make sure he's okay."

 

Emmett saw the love in Brian's eyes for Justin as he spoke and he smiled back, knowing that he and Justin were happy together. "He was good unless someone walked too close. Then it was like I had a barnacle attached to my side." Emmett answered, knowing that with Brian's help and love, Justin would be back to his old self in no time.

 

"Thanks, Emmett. I'm glad he has you. You are really a good friend to him."

 

Emmett put his hand on Brian's arm. "I'm your friend, too, Brian. If either of you need anything just let me know. I'm very happy for you both." Brian just smiled and nodded, hugging Emmett so he could blink away the tears without being seen.

 

As Brian and Em were ending their embrace, Justin walked down from the bedroom. "Well what's this? Am I being dumped already?"

 

Brian walked over and picked up his twink, "Never, my love." Brian said, spinning him around. Emmett just smiled at the pair, tears in his eyes. He'd never seen Brian so at ease or Justin so happy as they seemed at that moment. "Well, we need to get to therapy, so would you like a ride somewhere, Em?" Brian offered.

 

"Sure. I should get to Torso. I need to check on the windows and the new inventory we have coming in today. You were right about me buying the store, Brian." Em smiled widely and scrunched his nose. "Being the boss definitely has its perks."

 

**************************************

 

Once they got to therapy Brian had a lot of questions for Miguel, Justin's Occupational Therapist. He wanted to know how often it was advisable to do the therapy and if there was anything they should avoid doing. He wanted to make sure to push Justin as much as possible without causing any setbacks. Brian also knew that Justin wanted to start school on time if it was possible, so he was willing to do anything he could to help his lover. Justin was the most important person in his life, other than his son, and Brian wanted to make sure that he always knew that.

 

Once they were finished with therapy, Brian asked Justin where he wanted to eat, having heard Justin's stomach start rumbling as they were finishing up. They decided to stop at the Italian deli near the loft for lunch and then go to the art store on the way home. Brian had been planning on taking Justin to replace his art supplies the other day but they'd been distracted doing much more pleasurable things. When they got to the art store, Justin said all that he could get was a couple of sketch pads and some pencils; that he didn't have the money to get any more than that. Brian got a cart after glaring at him and told him to start pushing. To Justin's continued consternation, Brian started filling the cart with everything he knew Justin liked to use: sketch pads, pencils, watercolors, chalk, charcoal, brushes, paint, small canvases, and finally a new easel. Of course it was the best one they carried since, to Brian's mind, nothing was too good for his Sunshine. Justin was going to complain, until he realized that Brian was doing this out of love and because it made him feel good to be able to do this for his partner. So he wisely kept his mouth shut and just smiled at his older lover, letting Brian take pleasure in taking care of him this way.

 

After Brian finished buying enough supplies for a small group of artists - including a potter's wheel and clay, figuring that it would help with Justin's manual dexterity - they went to the front to pay. Justin couldn't believe how much money Brian had spent on him without batting an eyelash.

 

After they put everything in the Jeep, Brian opened Justin's door and helped him inside, kissing his cheek as he thanked Justin for allowing him to do this, without complaining. By the time Brian had gotten behind the wheel, Justin had tears rolling down his face. Brian looked over at his wet-faced lover and smiled.

 

"You are unbelieveable, Brian," Justin said.

 

"I know I am, Sunshine," Brian answered grinning. "Just don't tell anyone. I've got a rep to protect." And they both burst out laughing, easing the last vestige of tension Justin still felt from the shopping spree.

 

Now that they were done with shopping, Brian headed to his lawyer's office. When they parked the car, Justin looked confused. "I thought Mel was your lawyer?"

 

"For most things she is, but I don't want our business to be part of the family's ‘business', even though, legally, she couldn't say anything. There are some things I would rather keep more private. So I have another lawyer for that sort of stuff."

 

When the lawyer walked in, he had a huge pile of papers with a lot of little tags sticking out. "Justin, this is Trent Marlow; Trent, this is my partner Justin Taylor." Justin shook the lawyer's outstretched hand and smiled. The lawyer was hot and Justin decided he would ask Brian about him later. Brian, seeing the look on Justin's face, continued, "Trent and I met in college, we were roommates and I introduced him to his wife." ‘Well, I guess that answers that question', Justin thought to himself. Brian smirked knowing what his lover had been thinking.

 

Justin looked at Brian and raised his eyebrows, redirecting his attention to the hefty stack of documents. "All this Brian? We'll be here all day."

 

"Write fast Sunshine, we have plans for later." Brian grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. Trent laughed, glad that some things never changed. Trent was happy for Brian that he had finally found someone. He knew by the look on Brian's face anytime they had talked about Justin, just how happy Brian was with the younger man. It took them almost an hour to go over everything and get all the documents signed. Justin tried to question Brian about adding him to the deed on the loft and to the ownership of Kinnetic, but Brian told him that it was not up for discussion and that he was doing what he thought was best.

 

After finishing up at the lawyer's office they stopped for Chinese food. Justin was surprised when the order was ready as soon as they walked in the door but figured Brian had just called ahead to save time. Brian put the food in the back so Justin couldn't look in the bags. He wanted to surprise his boy tonight.

 

They were happy and joking on the way to the loft - until they pulled up in front and looked at the annoying figure waiting on the steps.

 

"Briiiaaan, send him upstairs so we can go out," came the whine that neither man wanted to hear.

 

"Michael, I already told you that I was not going out. Which of those words were too big for you to understand? You called my office three times today and got the same answer every time. I don't know how I can make it any clearer to you. Justin and I have plans, and YOU are not included in them. Now, my partner and I are going upstairs to make love all night, and you are NOT invited. GO home!" Brian told Michael, annoyed that he was again having to reiterate the same message that he had been saying all day.

 

"But Brian, I never get to see you and I'm your best friend! He's just some brain damaged twink who won't go away," Michael whined, glaring daggers at Justin and not even caring about the hurtful words that he was saying.

 

"Michael, you may have been my best friend at one time, but that is no longer true. And if you don't watch what you are saying you won't be anything to me any longer. So I suggest that you take your nasty, bitching, whining ass and get the fuck out of here, right now." Brian was absolutely furious right now and needed to get away from Michael before he did something he might regret.  

 

Brian looked over and saw Justin cowering next to the Jeep while Michael stared at him. Brian stepped in front of Justin to block Michael from his line of vision. He reached out and touched his Sunshine's face, saying loudly so that Michael would be sure to hear him, "Justin, you are my best friend, it's you that I love, and nothing he says matters." Justin looked into the eyes of the man he loved and trusted with his life, and smiled.

 

Michael started to say something else but Brian turned around and glared at him meaningfully. Finally, mumbling to himself about finding someone that would listen to him, he walked away wondering what he needed to do to get Brian to listen to him again.

 

Brian kissed Justin softly saying, "We need to get the bags and get upstairs Sunshine. I have plans for us tonight and no one is going to spoil them." So, they gathered their bags and headed inside, the unpleasant encounter all but forgotten.

 

Once upstairs, they put away Justin's art supplies in a cabinet that Brian had moved into the loft from his storage room and found place for Justin to set up his pottery wheel, and getting his promise to always put the wood grain tarp down whenever he was going to use it. Justin could not believe that Brian had found a tarp to match his floor. His new easel was set up near the windows so that he would have natural light to work by.

 

Justin was so happy and amazed. It seemed like every day Brian did something special for him, just to show how much he loved the blond. While Brian heated up the food, Justin headed for the cabinet to get out dishes as he knew Brian didn't like to eat out of the containers. As he was reaching for the dishes Brian told him not to bother.

 

"Just go and get undressed and lay on the bed. This dinner is going to be much more fun," Brian purred.

 

Justin just smiled and headed for the bedroom, stripping as he went. He lay on the bed as instructed, waiting for Brian and dinner. He heard Brian as he put everything on a tray and walked toward the bedroom. When Justin looked up, he realized that somehow Brian's clothes had disappeared too. He smiled brightly thinking that dinner was already getting better and better. As Justin lay there, Brian started putting little puddles of sauce on his torso: duck sauce, mustard, hot sauce, and soy sauce. In the middle of his chest, Brian piled some noodles and chicken and laid out a few small egg rolls and some fried dumplings.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

 

First, Brian leaned up and kissed Justin, telling him without words how much he was loved. Then, picking up an egg roll and dipping it in duck sauce, Brian fed it to his lover. This went on for awhile as they took turns feeding each other. Once the blond bottomless pit was at least semi-full, Brian decided to finish up by licking the remnants off of his young lover.

 

At first Justin was fine with the sensual way Brian was cleaning him up, but as Brian added nipping and sucking to the action, Justin was getting very warm and having a very hard time holding still. Brian was loving the little mewling noises that his sweet tasting twink was making but he wanted to really make him moan. He began to work harder, leaving little love bites all over the blond, making Justin squirm and unable to hold back the deep and satisfying sounds Brian longed to hear.

 

Finally he got down to the silky bush surrounding his favorite cock, other than his own, and inhaled the heady scent of his lover. Justin was already hard and leaking; the silky feel and smell of his young lover aroused Brian also. He licked Justin's cock like a lollipop and sucked out the precum, savoring the taste. Justin grabbed Brian's hair to keep him on his cock, while moaning and tossing his head back and forth. His eyes were closed tight as his little pink tongue darted out occasionally between cries to wet his full lips.  Brian loved seeing Justin giving himself over to the pleasure.

 

Finally Justin pulled Brian's mouth off his cock and told him that he needed Brian to fuck him, hard and fast. Brian reached for the lube, needing to prepare Justin, but Justin- who by now was overly aroused- grabbed the lube and spread some around his hole, commanding Brian to get a condom on and get inside him before he exploded. Brian slid the condom on his cock, squeezing the base to calm himself down. He held his cock steady and tried to enter Justin slowly, not wanting to hurt him. Justin waited until the head of Brian's cock was inside him and then grabbed his lover's ass with his feet and pulled while pushing his ass up toward Brian. Brian grabbed Justin's hips telling him to hold still for a moment or it would be all over right now.

 

Justin smirked teasing Brian. "I guess when you're older you need to slow down because you don't have as much control."

 

"Watch your mouth little boy, or all you'll be getting is a cock ring and a spanking today," was Brian's reply, along with a smack to the hot bubble butt he was currently spearing.

 

"I wouldn't mind the spanking, but you can skip the cock ring unless you are trying to turn me into little boy blue." The very horny blond replied, pouting.

 

"I guess I'll take pity on you then, mon amour" Brian moaned, feeling his lover squeezing his cock, trying to get him moving.

 

Both of them were well on their way to final bliss when they grabbed onto each other and fucked hard. Their bodies were so attuned to the other's needs that they only lasted a few minutes before cumming within seconds of each other. After indulging in a bit of post-coital bliss and the cooling of their bodies, Brian held onto the condom and pulled out just as Justin's breathing evened out in light slumber. He tied and tossed the condom off the bed, before joining his love for a quick nap.

 

They were jolted out of their post-coital napping by a loud pounding on the door. Brian shook his head and grumbled "Sunshine, I swear if that is Michael, you may need to bail me out of jail."

 

"Don't worry Brian. Thanks to you I'm rich now so I'll be down there as soon as I can," Justin quipped, trying to take the edge off the tension that he could hear in Brian's voice.

 

Brian glanced at his smiling lover and couldn't help smiling back. He gave the blond a quick kiss before grabbing his sweats to throw on as he headed for the door yelling, "If that is you Michael, I'd leave before the door is opened."

 

"Brian, open this door right now. We need to talk," Lindsay yelled haughtily as she continued to pound on the loft door.

 

Brian threw the door open. "What the fuck Lindsay? Is something wrong with Gus?" Brian asked, worried about his son.

 

"No, nothing is wrong with Gus but I just had a visit from Michael and I demand to know what the hell is going on and what you are thinking," Lindsay announced, fuming. "Michael said that you told him that Justin is your best friend and your partner. How could you do that to Michael, Brian? Justin is just a kid you picked up to fuck. He can't mean more to you than your family does, and now he's brain damaged. You need to go find Michael and apologize for what you said. Justin is a child and should be home with his mother. She needs to be responsible for him, not you. He is no longer your problem. All he will be is a drain on you, financially as well as emotionally. You have responsibilities to your son and to the family; you don't have time to take care of that kid."

 

Brian just stared at the mother of his child, not believing what was coming out of her mouth. Then he heard the bathroom door close and the shower start. "Lindsay, you stay right here. I need to go see if he is alright and then we will have this out," Brian answered, furious at Lindsay and worried about Justin.

 

Brian went to the bathroom and tried to open the door, but it was locked. "Justin, Sunshine, open the door, please. Let me in."

 

"No Brian, she's right. I'm nothing but a brain damaged kid. You don't need to be stuck with me. I'll just take a shower and then I'll be out of your hair," Justin answered quietly, trying not to let Brian know that he had been crying.

 

"Justin, open the door right now. I'm not kidding, open it or I will kick it in. You are my partner, my everything. No one is going to separate us. We belong together. You are my family. Now open this door."

 

Reluctantly, Justin opened the door. When Brian saw his face, he was even more infuriated. Justin's face was streaked with tears and his beautiful blue eyes were red and swollen. Brian took him in his arms and hugged him, telling him to put his sweats back on and come with him. Justin complied, and Brian then took his hand, leading him out to the living room where Lindsay was waiting and tapping her foot in annoyance.

 

Brian stood behind Justin, wrapping his arms around the younger man and glaring at Lindsay. "Now, get this straight Lindsay, because I'm only going to say it once. Justin is my best friend and he is my partner. He is not a ‘problem' or a ‘drain'. He is the man that I love and I plan on spending the rest of my life showing him just how much. We went to the lawyer today and signed all the papers, business and personal. And if Justin wants to, we will get married, since it is legal now."

 

Lindsay stared open-mouthed at Brian, "You can't be serious. Justin is just a child and if you had signed papers Mel would have told me. She always does. You have no right."

 

"Are you calling me a pedophile, Lindsay? Because in case you don't know, Justin is eighteen and two years over the age of consent. Another thing, I fucked you when we were eighteen. I'm not sure, given the limitations of logic here, but were we children then? And, if I had gone to Mel for the legal paperwork, which I did not, and she had said one word about it to you, I would have reported her to the Bar Association. I have a feeling I won't be using her anymore at all. And just what is it that I have no right to do? Live my life the way I want to? Be with someone who I love and who loves me?" Brian was speaking very calmly, which should have been a warning to Lindsay to tread lightly, but she was on a roll.

 

"Brian, I didn't mean that you are a pedophile, but seriously... It was different for us. We were trying to be a couple, we cared about each other, and now we have a child together. Justin is different, especially after what happened to him," Lindsay simpered, batting her eyelashes at Brian, like it would have an effect on him.

 

"Lindsay, listen to me and listen good. I am IN LOVE with Justin. And if he and I could have a baby together I would do it in a heartbeat. The child I helped you make for you and your partner is only mine when you want money or want to try and control me. Don't get me wrong, I love Gus, but the only time I can see him is when you and your partner decide that it suits you. You use him as a pawn to try and get what you want. You and Michael both need to get over any fantasies the two of you have about me ever being a couple with either one of you. I am with Justin and that is not going to change, no matter what either of you think or try to do. Now you need to leave, because my PARTNER and I are going to spend the rest of the night making love to each other. Now GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR LOFT, and don't come back." Brian was so angry that if she didn't leave now, he was afraid he might say something that he wouldn't be able to take back.

 

Once Lindsay had left, Justin noticed that Brian seemed somehow defeated. Wanting to help his lover relax, Justin took his hand and led him into the bedroom. He had Brian strip and lay on his stomach while he retrieved Brian's favorite massage oil. Straddling his sexy older lover, Justin started at Brian's neck, massaging out the tension that was emanating off of Brian in waves. Brian appreciated the fact that Justin always knew what to do to make everything better and make him forget whatever was bothering him.

 

As Brian started to relax, Justin added kisses while rubbing his hardening cock against the small, smooth ass that he loved being inside of. Once Brian felt Justin's cock pressing against his ass, he knew what he wanted, but wanted to hold off as long as possible before pleading with his lover to fill him. Brian needed to adjust his position because his cock was becoming very stiff and uncomfortable underneath him.

 

Justin noticed this and smiled to himself. He decided to up the ante since he was also getting very uncomfortable with his cock throbbing, trapped against Brian's ass. So he started licking and nipping just above the swell of Brian's ass, kissing and tonguing at the dimples that he loved on his sexy stud's lower back. Justin knew from experience that this made his lover moan and whimper- two sounds he loved to hear from the normally quiet man. When Justin heard what he wanted, he gently parted the cheeks and tenderly blew on the tightly clenched rosebud that he longed to make love to.

 

Brian started to push his ass back, wanting more but trying not to ask just yet. Justin took pity on his stud and stiffened his tongue, pushing it through the first ring of muscle. Brian moaned loudly and pulled his knees under him, pushing his ass back, trying to get more of Justin's talented tongue in his ass. "God Justin, please, I need more... oh that feels so good... ooohhh don't stop" Brian moaned, reaching for the lube and condom and pushing it toward his twink.

 

"What do you want, Brian? Tell me... I want you to ask for it." Justin coaxed, loving when Brian was this turned on and needy and knowing that it was because of him.

 

"You know what I want... I want your big hard cock up my ass... please, Justin... I need it." Brian begged, not caring anymore how desperate he sounded, he needed to be filled by that big, beautiful cock and he needed it now.

 

Justin was so turned on by Brian's words he had to squeeze his cock and imagine watching straight porn to stop from coming before he got anywhere near the hole that he craved. Justin warmed the lube on his fingers before using two fingers to start opening Brian up to accept his large cock. He scissored his fingers until Brian was relaxed enough to accept three fingers comfortably. His cock would stretch Brian even more but Justin didn't want there to be any pain for the man that he loved with all his heart.

 

When Brian was bucking back against his fingers, Justin pulled them out and pressed his condom covered cock at Brian's entrance, slowly pushing into the tight hole. He held onto Brian's hips to keep him from ramming back and causing Justin to erupt before he got all the way in. Once Justin was all the way inside he paused, letting Brian adjust and making himself calm down. He wanted this to last and he wanted to please Brian.

 

Spreading Brian's knees apart and pushing his shoulders down to get a better angle, Justin started slowly stroking in and out of Brian's tight heat. Leaning down he kissed and bit Brian's back as he grazed his prostate every few strokes, causing the most beautiful, sexy keening sounds to emanate from his gorgeous partner. They rocked together, pausing when either one got too close, wanting this beautiful coupling to last as long as they could stand to wait.

 

Brian gave in first, "Jus, I need to come... please, fuck me harder... faster."

 

Justin, on the verge of losing it himself, complied, grabbing Brian's hips and aiming for a direct hit on his prostate with every stroke. Once again, Brian came without the slightest touch to his beautiful cock, cumming so hard that he drenched not only the sheets but the pillows too. When Brian's ass clamped down on Justin's steel hard cock, he erupted into the condom so hard that he thought the condom might tear. When Justin started to pull out, Brian reached back and stopped him, "Stay in me for a minute, I need it," Brian whispered quietly.

 

Justin complied, rocking slightly to stay hard enough to stay inside his emotional lover. He knew the toll the confrontations with Michael and Lindsey had taken on Brian so anything he could do, he would do, without question or reservation. After a time, they rolled onto their sides avoiding the extensive wet spot and stayed together as long as possible. Finally Justin had to pull out. He did it slowly, kissing Brian's back as he removed himself from his man. Justin lay on his back, his welcoming arms allowing Brian to lay with his head over Justin's heart. Brian loved this position because it reminded him that the man he loved was alive and in their bed.

 

Officially cooled off, satisfied and silent, they pulled up the duvet and slept soundly through the night.

 

**************************************

 

They continued to go to Justin's therapy sessions together. With Brian's constant help and encouragement, Justin was down to twice a week. If his progress remained steady, the twice weekly appointments would soon become once per week sessions for maintenance and to make sure he is not over-exerting himself. Most of Justin's therapy was done at home and without clothes, which they both enjoyed immensely. Justin made sure to orally thank Brian after every ‘home session' was finished.

 

With Brian's help, Justin was now able to walk down the street without flinching every time someone walked by. It had taken almost a month of walking everyday, starting by walking on streets that there were very few people out on and gradually progressing to being able to walk down Liberty Avenue on a Saturday afternoon. Justin had even been able to start working at the diner again, only three shifts a week and not when the diner was crowded, but it was a start.

 

School was starting in just over a month and Justin was sure that because of his partner's love and support, he would be just fine and able to keep up with his studies. Brian had paid Justin's tuition after much arguing. Brian had finally agreed to let Justin sign a paper saying that he would pay him back, with interest. Now Brian just had to figure out a way to turn it into a gift. He figured that he would find a way, it certainly wasn't worth fighting about.

 

Brian had finally convinced Justin that his mother had only been doing what any caring, loving parent would do when trying to protect their child. As a result, Jennifer and Justin's relationship was much better. Jennifer and Molly had even been to the loft for dinner a few times and Justin was calling his mother for recipes to try on Brian.

 

*******************************************************

 

Two weeks later Brian walked into the loft after work to see Justin crying. When Justin noticed Brian walking toward him, he shut the computer quickly. Brian asked him what was wrong but Justin just shook his head and said nothing. Brian just shrugged and headed to the bedroom knowing that Justin would talk when he was ready.

 

"Sunshine, I forgot to check the mail. Could you please go down and get it?" Brian asked sweetly.

 

"Sure, no problem, I'll do it now," Justin answered. Something was definitely bothering his Sunshine, and Brian was going to find out what it was.

 

As soon as Justin walked out the door, Brian opened up the computer to check and see what had his lover so upset. What he saw was an email with a couple of pictures attached.

 

PATCHES.jpgPATCHES 2.jpg

 

The email was from the local animal shelter. The name ‘Patches' that Justin had suggested for the cat had been the winning pick. Unfortunately, the cat had a heart murmur and so had been deemed unadoptable and would be put down in the next few days. So, that must be what had his Sunshine so upset.

 

Brian heard Justin coming up the stairs and so he quickly shut the computer and stepped into the kitchen. Opening his briefcase, he acted like he was looking for something.

 

"Justin, I have to run back to the office. I left a file there that I need to go over tonight. I'll be back as soon as I can," Brian said, seeming very annoyed.

 

"Do you want me to come with you? We could stop and pick up something at the diner," Justin asked, concerned at the way Brian was acting.

 

"No. We'll order something when I get back. I need to go quickly." Brian grabbed his keys and left before Justin could say anything else.

 

On his way to the car Brian called the shelter. He asked the person who answered if the cat named Patches was still there. The girl said that yes the cat was still there, but was being euthanized in the morning and they were getting ready to close for the night. Brian said that he was on his way there and would be making a substantial donation if she would please wait for him to get there. The girl said she would wait for him. Shelters need all the donations they can get and she was always willing to do what she could to help the animals.

 

Next, Brian called Emmett and asked him to go to the Liberty Pet Shop and pick up everything he needed for a cat and to wait for him at the store. "Emmett, do not call Justin. This is a surprise," was the last thing he said before he hung up the phone. Emmett, ever the romantic, headed for the pet shop, wiping the tears from his eyes as he walked.

 

Once Brian got to the shelter he asked to see the cat. He saw a beautiful, fluffy cat sitting up in her cage looking very regal. The girl told him that the cat was being put down in the morning because it had a heart murmur. Brian asked how long the cat could live with it and was told that it could possibly live several years but it might not so that was why she was being put down. Brian told her that he and his partner wanted the cat, that they wanted to make sure that whatever time she had left, she would know that she was loved. The girl saw the determination in Brian's eyes and called their on-call vet to see if there was anything special the cat would need and to cancel him for the morning. Brian wrote a check to the shelter for a thousand dollars and thanked the girl for waiting for him. Patches walked right into her carrier and curled up, ready to go to her forever home.

 

On the way back to the loft, Brian picked up Emmett and paid for all the cat supplies they would need for a while. Emmett took one look at the cat and started crying.

 

"That's the cat Justin was looking at on the shelter website. How did you find out about her?" Emmett asked, confused because Justin said he hadn't mentioned anything to Brian because the older man hadn't seemed too pleased when Justin had said that he wasn't allergic to cats.

 

Brian told Emmett what had happened when he had come home and that he couldn't bear seeing his Sunshine so upset. So he got the cat for Justin to have and love for whatever time she had left.

 

Justin was sitting on the sofa when he heard voices and the elevator. He hoped that Brian hadn't invited anyone over. He was still upset about the beautiful calico cat that he had fallen in love with and really didn't feel like being social tonight. Brian walked in with Emmett carrying a box and a bunch of bags.

 

"Brian, what's all this? You said you forgot a file at the office." Justin asked sadly.

 

"Well Sunshine, I hope you can forgive some snooping and a little white lie. I was worried because you were crying when I came in, so when you went down for the mail, I checked the computer. And I have a surprise for you," Brian said, biting his lips.

 

Just then, Patches decided that she'd had enough of being cooped up and meowed, loudly. Justin reached for the crate, opened it, lifted Patches up and started sobbing. Patches just snuggled into his arms, knowing she was loved.

 

"Am I forgiven for lying, Sunshine?"

 

"Oh, Brian, of course you are. I love you... I love you so much. But I thought you didn't want a cat," Justin cried, leaning into Brian while still holding his cat.

 

"I couldn't let anything happen to her after you fell in love and named her. I love you too much to let you be hurt," Brian answered, happy that his partner was now smiling again. "Just remember Sunshine, I don't do cat clean-up." Brian stated, scrunching up his nose at the thought.

 

"Don't worry, Brian," Emmett interjected, "I picked up a self-cleaning litter box for the new princess. Wait till you see all the cute things they have for cats now. She even has a stroller so she can go for walks with her daddies."

 

Brian raised his eyebrows as he questioned, "Did you buy out the cat section Honeycutt?"

 

"Well Sweetie, you said to get everything, and don't call me Honeycutt." Emmett answered, smiling. "Now, we should probably get her ‘facilities' set up before she needs them. Brian, you come help me with that while the newest couple get better acquainted."

 

"Okay, Fairy Godmother, come show me what all you bought for her highness, and help me figure out where to put everything." Brian smiled as he spoke, happy that his Sunshine was pleased with his surprise.  

 

"Well Brian, there was one thing that wouldn't fit in the Jeep. They will be delivering it very soon." Emmett told Brian, hoping that he wouldn't have a fit when he saw it.

 

Just then the buzzer rang. Brian answered it, then opened the loft door as the elevator came to a stop. Inside was a huge, elegant cat tree, being carried by two large beefy hunks. Brian started to frown, but when he saw Justin's eyes light up, he grinned, knowing that as long as Justin looked like that, nothing else mattered.

 

"Well Sunshine, where does the cat condo go? I'll leave that decision up to you." Brian asked as he turned to go help Emmett with the rest of Patches' belongings.

 

When Brian and Emmett were finished setting up the rest of the supplies, they saw that the cat tree had been set up so that she could look out the window if she wanted. After everything was finished and Emmett had gone home, they settled on the sofa with the newest member of their little family laid out across their laps.

 

"Brian, why did you do this?" Justin asked, confused again by his lover's very out of character actions.

 

"Well Sunshine, when I came home and saw you crying and saw you shut the computer, I was worried. You wouldn't say what was the matter, so I sent you downstairs so I could see what had you so upset. When I saw the pictures and read the email, I figured that I could make both of you happy so I called the shelter to make sure she was still there, called Emmett to go to the pet shop and went to pick up our little girl. You're okay with all of this aren't you?"

 

"Oh Brian, of course I am. I fell in love with her the first time I saw her picture. I had gone on the shelter website to see about volunteering there and then I looked through the pictures and hers just jumped out at me. You didn't want an animal so I was just going to work at the shelter so I could play with them. I don't care how long she has left, I just want her to know that she is loved."

 

"That was my thought Justin."

 

Justin smiled his trademark smile. He didn't think he had ever loved Brian more than he did after hearing his comment.

 

"Can she sleep with us?" Justin questioned hopefully, batting his baby blues at the older man.

 

"On one condition Justin." Brian sighed "If she jumps on anything that moves under the covers, we put doors on the bedroom and she sleeps in her very expensive condo by the window."

 

"Agreed" the blond concurred, not wanting to think about claws anywhere near either of their dicks.

 

Happily, for all the residents of the loft, the wonderful Patches waited on the dresser while her daddies did their bedtime wrestling, then she settled herself on the pillow above their heads, purring, with one paw on each of them. They all woke up happy and refreshed.

 

Having a cat around wasn't as annoying as Brian thought it would be. Patches was a great addition to their home. She loved them both, didn't claw the furniture, cuddled with them in bed and on the sofa, even her purring was relaxing. She loved to be brushed and was very clean.

 

*******************************

 

The following week the lovers were having breakfast at the diner when Michael and Lindsay came in, talking about Brian and Justin before they noticed them sitting in the booth, playing with their silverware while waiting for their food. When the annoying duo saw the subjects of their discussion sitting there, they both stood by the table, hands on their hips. Michael started, directing his comment toward Brian, "Emmett said that you got HIM," pointing at Justin and sneering "a cat. A sick one."

 

Then Lindsay chimed in, "I don't think I want you to have a cat Brian, especially a sick one. I don't think it's good for Gus."

 

Emmett, who had been sitting, huddled down in the next booth, nursing the remains of a hangover, had heard enough and stood up. "What the hell is with you two? I told you about a sweet thing that Brian did, saving a cat with a heart condition and giving Justin something he really wanted and you two turn it into something horrible. And you bitch and complain to anyone that will listen that Brian and Justin are avoiding you both. Think about it and I'm sure you'll realize why."

 

When Emmett finished his rant, Brian pulled him down next to him. "Thank you Emmett; I couldn't have said it better myself. Have breakfast with us and then I'm sure Patches would love a visit from her Fairy Godmother," Brian said, kissing Emmett on the cheek. "As for you Michael, I'm sick and tired of your nasty comments about my partner. Until your attitude changes, forget that you know us and stay the fuck away. Lindsay, what you do or don't want me to have doesn't matter to me AT ALL. Gus will be perfectly safe around Patches. She is a very calm cat and heart murmurs are not contagious. If you refuse to let me see my son because you want to be a bitch, please remember that since I signed over my rights to get you and Mel back together, legally I am no longer financially responsible for him. That said, if you want to continue receiving my very generous contributions to his care, you should rethink your objections about letting Justin and me see him." Brian commented, glaring at the two of them. Lindsay and Michael continued to stand at the end of the table, as if waiting for something."You are both dismissed. Feel free to go away." Brian said, gesturing for the annoying duo to leave them alone. They looked at each other and stomped out of the diner in a huff.

 

Debbie, who had been standing behind the counter- quietly for once, and just watching the exchange- was very happy that her son and Lindsay had left. If they hadn't, she would have thrown them out. She was very proud of the way Emmett and Brian had handled things. She walked up to the booth, bringing the food and coffee pot for refills. "So boys, when can I come meet my newest grandchild? She sounds delightful," Debbie asked the trio at the table.

 

Justin, who up till now had not said a word, suddenly started talking animatedly about Patches and inviting Debbie over anytime to see her. Debbie leaned over and kissed Brian saying, "You did good son." Brian just smiled.

 

Later that afternoon both Debbie and Jennifer showed up to meet their ‘granddaughter' and both fell in love with the soft, sweet, fluffy girl.

 

****************************

 

Thanks to Justin's persistence and Brian's loving support, Justin started school on time and did well in all his classes.

 

Not wanting to lose Brian's financial support and not wanting to be dragged into court, Lindsay and Melanie agreed to a visitation schedule for Gus, who was well loved by Patches. She even slept with him when he stayed at the loft.

 

Brian and Justin saw Michael at the family dinners, but due to his unwillingness to accept them as a couple, they did not see him socially.

 

Ted and Emmett visited the loft often, to socialize and to play with Patches.

 

Jennifer and Molly were now looking into getting a couple of cats of their own.

 

Life continued happily for the Royal Family.

 

THE END

 

The End.
Lorie is the author of 40 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked I Care About Him also liked 738 other stories.