- Text Size +

Justin returned to Britin at about 7:00. He changed into comfortable sweats and a hoodie, and went to the media room to wait for them to come home. Falling asleep while he waited, he was surprised to be woken by a kiss. Kissing Brian automatically, his hands began to unbutton Brian's shirt and feel his smooth chest.

"As much as I'd love to do this, Justin," Brian said as he pulled away, "Gus and I are both hungry, and I'm sure if we put food in front of you, you'd eat. Save those thoughts for later."

Justin heard Brian and his brain shifted from automatic to cognizant. "Sure." Justin looked around, but didn't see Gus. "Where's Gus?"

"He went upstairs to change. Good thing too, with the way you were shoving your tongue down my throat. " Brian helped Justin up off the couch and they went inside to dinner.

"Did you finish your homework?" Brian asked his son, stabbing a piece of chicken with his fork.

"Yeah. It was great working in that extra office. Is it going to be available tomorrow? It was awesome not having to wait for a turn on the computer. There are only so many computers at the library and sometimes I have to wait until one is free."

"It's yours for the asking. Tell Ted or Cynthia if you need anything in there. I was around today, but that isn't always the case."

"Sure." Gus scooped some mashed potatoes onto his plate and salted them. "What are you two doing tonight? I'm not used to being here on a school night and don't want to interrupt any plans." Justin laughed.

"Contrary to popular belief, we're just two normal people. We work, come home, eat dinner, and then watch a movie, or sometimes we work after dinner. I do bring work home and sometimes Justin gets inspired and works well into the early morning hours. I got tired of finding him asleep on the floor of his studio--that's why I finally bought him a futon. Sleeping on the floor is only good for kids," Brian explained as he smiled at Justin.

"You know, Dad, this is not the first time I've been to Britin. I've seen you both work at night and on the weekends. I realize that you try to keep that to a minimum when I'm around. So, I repeat my question, what are you two up to tonight?"

"I talked to Michael today about the new issue of Rage, and I thought about doing some sketching, but that can wait until tomorrow. I'm not itching to pick up my pencils at this point." Justin pushed his plate back, signaling he was finished with his meal.

"Glad to know that Rage is continuing to save Gayopolis," Brian teased. "I don't have any work tonight. I was going to see what was in our Netflix pile. Do you have anything in mind?" Brian picked up his and Justin's plate and brought them to the sink, throwing the leftover food in the disposal. After placing the dishes in the dishwasher, he put the containers in the fridge.

Gus brought his own plate to the dishwasher, placing it inside. He grabbed a cloth and wiped the table down.

"Good to see that you have at least picked up some good habits, Gus. I don't like clutter or mess, and the table should always be clean. You never know when you might need it," Brian said, tongue-in-cheek.

"TMI, Dad. Please don't tell me you two do it on the kitchen table. That's just gross." Gus grimaced.

Justin smirked as he turned toward the media room. "Adventure or sci-fi?" he called out as he walked away.

"Sci-fi," Gus answered.

"Classic," Brian responded.

"Gus and I win out, Brian. Sci-fi it is. I ordered the first two discs of Eureka. Let's watch those."

They watched two episodes of the hit show and went to bed.

Justin carefully took off his hoodie and sweats, throwing them in the hamper. "So did you enjoy your first day as a full-time Dad?"

Having hung up his jeans and shirt, he padded to the bathroom to complete his evening routine. "It was fine. Why wouldn't it be? I swear everyone thinks this is such a big change. We've had Gus around on weekends and most summers and vacations for years. This isn't any different. You'd think we became instant fathers and had no idea what to do with a 17 year old."

Justin came up behind Brian, giving him a half-hug. "Just shows you that ‘our family' worries about you. I'm sure we'll be like all the other parents on the block; loving Gus most of the time and wondering 'how he could be our son because no son of ours would possibly do something so stupid'." Justin kissed Brian on the cheek and then started his own routine.

"Up for a nice blow job?" Brian asked, changing the subject.

Justin's cock filled and Brian smiled. "I take that as a yes. Get your sweet bubble butt in here and let's forget about being parents for a little while."

Justin joined Brian in bed, and they enjoyed each other's bodies as they had done countless times in the past.

The next few weeks continued in a similar fashion, minus Justin's visit to Kinnetik in the morning. Justin sometimes woke up when Brian did, and they shared their high protein breakfast, but more often than not, he slept in while Brian got Gus to school and went to work. He worked on Rage and completed the painting he had started when he had moved out.

***

Justin sat on the doctor's table waiting for the news. The doctor came in, holding a copy of Justin's x-rays. "Everything looks good, Mr. Taylor. I'd like you to go to therapy for a few sessions to strengthen your muscles. They're pretty weak since you haven't used them a lot in the last 6 weeks."

"That's great news. Do I need to go somewhere special for therapy?"

"We have an excellent department here in the hospital, but if you'd like to use somewhere else, that would be fine as well."

"Here is fine. My partner was here a few years ago after an accident, and I know Jose. I'd be fine having him as a therapist."

The doctor wrote out a prescription for therapy, handing it to Justin. "Three weeks at twice a week should be sufficient. Just remember you will be a little sore when you start to use your arm again. Don't be concerned."

Justin took the prescription and walked down to Physical Therapy. Seeing Jose in his office, he walked over and knocked on the door.

Jose looked up from his paperwork. "Justin, what are you doing here?"

"You're good. I'm not sure you would remember me. It's been a while."

"Of course I remember you, and I couldn't forget your partner, Brian. He's a fiery one, but very gentle with you."

Justin blushed at the description of them. "My arm's healed and I need some therapy. Do you have a place for me in your schedule?" Justin handed him the prescription.

Jose looked at the piece of paper and nodded his head. "Sure. I've got some time in about half an hour. My patient can't have therapy today."

"That's great. I'll go get a soda from the cafeteria and I'll be back."


Justin drank his soda and returned for therapy. Afterward, he took the service to Kinnetik.

Cynthia smiled at him when he walked in the building. "He's on a conference call. It'll be about 30 minutes, maybe longer."

"I'll go see Emmett and come back."

Walking toward Emmett's, Justin enjoyed the light breeze in the air and the sun on his face. The bell jingled as he walked into the shop.

"Be right with you," Emmett called out as he placed the last of the cookies on the shelf.

"Take your time, Em. It's just me."

"Hi! What are you doing in town?" Emmett finished placing the cookies and washed his hands before going around the counter and giving Justin a tentative hug.

"You can safely hug me, Em. I just came from the doctor and he pronounced me fully healed. I can once again enjoy the full benefits of being Brian Kinney's partner."

Emmett gave Justin a big hug. "Get out. You can't tell me that Brian Kinney, Stud of Liberty Avenue hasn't gotten any since the accident!"

Justin laughed at Emmett's playful tone. "Of course he hasn't gone without, Em. Blow jobs and hand jobs are still sex."

"Silly me." Emmett formed his mouth in a big 'O'. "Let me get you a chocolate cookie to celebrate." He went around the counter, put on his gloves and took a large cookie out, handing it to Justin.

Biting into the cookie, Justin nodded his head as he finished his bite. "Great as always."

Emmett ushered Justin over to the table, motioning him to sit down. "So, baby, is everything back to normal between you two? No more living in your studio?"

"We're good, Em. Thanks again for being there for me. I hope I didn't put you in an awkward situation." Justin took another bite of his cookie, savoring the taste.

"Sweetie, you're my friend, and that is what friends do. They help each other. I'd do it for Brian too. Although he would probably grumble more about it."

"How are you and Drew? Enjoying the off season?" Justin asked knowingly.

'We're planning our summer cruise to Alaska. Drewsie always wanted to go, and I can't wait to see all the bears and moose. We're leaving in three weeks."

"That's great Em. I wish Brian and I could go somewhere. With our schedules and now Gus living with us, it's tough to get away. We usually tack on a few days on either side of a business trip," Justin lamented. "Take lots of pictures. I hear it's beautiful there. I've got to go. I want to catch Brian before he gets involved in another project." Justin gave Em a quick kiss on the cheek and left the shop.

Returning to Kinnetik, Justin was motioned toward Brian's office. Opening the door, he smiled at Brian, who returned the greeting.

"I guess things went well at the doctor's?" Brian eyed Justin's body and then walked to the door, closing it.

"Good as new."

"This calls for a celebration. Gus has his tournament this weekend. What do you say to a little vacation afterwards? He can stay at the house with Rosa and the service can take him to school."

Justin grabbed Brian, giving him a huge hug. "Wow! I was just telling Em that we never get to go anywhere--just a few days tacked onto a business trip."

"I do aim to please, especially you. Reservations are made for us starting Monday night. We can leave Monday morning and stay until Wednesday."

"You had this planned?" Justin gave Brian several quick kisses on his lips, then nuzzled his neck.

"I thought we could use the time together. It's been a rough few months."

"I love you." Justin started to unbutton Brian's pants, but Brian stopped him.

"Unfortunately, I have a client coming any minute. Want to meet me at the loft for 'lunch'?"

Shaking his head, Justin frowned. "Can't. I'm meeting Mom for lunch. Haven't seen her in almost three weeks and she's been hounding me. After that, I have to go to the gallery to discuss my next show."

"Tonight."

"Don't forget the parent meeting about the sports banquet is tonight."

"Shit! Remind me why I decided to be a full-time parent?" Brian groused.

Justin smacked his arm playfully. "You love every minute of it and would have gladly had Gus full-time years ago."

Brian grinned. "Yeah, I would."

Cynthia's knock on the door interrupted their reminiscing and planning. "Brian, Mr. Shadow is here."

Brian leaned over to kiss Justin on the lips. "Later."

"Later." Justin turned and walked out the door.



After the parent meeting, they checked the messages on the machine, looked through the mail, and readied themselves for bed.

Justin pounced on Brian, who was lying on his back in the bed. Kissing his face, he moaned in pleasure. "I didn't think that meeting was ever going to end," Justin said as he softly bit Brian's lips.

"That is one chore I would have gladly passed up, but I guess being a parent isn't all about the good times." Brian ran his hands up and down Justin's sides, and then moved them to his ass, kneading the firm flesh.

Justin ground his hips into Brian as he continued to kiss him. "I want you."

"You sure? " Brian asked, hesitating just a little.

"Yeah. It was a blow job and we did those for a long time before we were monogamous."

Brian reached for the nightstand where they kept the lube, flipping the top and squeezing some on his fingers. Reaching back toward Justin's hole, he slipped one finger in.

"So tight. Wanna fuck you right now."

Justin sat up, sliding down gently on Brian's cock. Wincing as he was breached, he breathed deeply and embraced the familiar burn mixed with pleasure. He slid up and down the thick cock as he leaned over to kiss Brian. Brian placed his hands on Justin's hips, slowly moving his body in a familiar rhythm.

"Ahhhh," Justin tightened his ass muscles, giving both men extreme pleasure. "Briannnn," he called out as he quickened the pace.

Brian yelled out, "Go for it!!" as he pushed his cock into Justin as Justin slammed down.

Justin shot his load, covering his and Brian's torso, and the spasms made Brian come as well.

Afterward, Justin lay down on top of Brian, catching his breath and waiting for his heart rate to return to normal. Easing off of Brian's cock, he padded to the bathroom and grabbed a wet cloth. Returning to the bed, he wiped Brian and himself, then threw the wet towel into the bathroom. He pulled up the covers and spooned against Brian. Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's waist, kissed his neck, and breathed in the smell of his partner, falling asleep quickly.



Friday night was the first night of the tournament, and as promised, both Brian and Justin were in attendance. Mel and Linds were there to cheer Gus and his teammates as well. Gus' team won.

"That was an awesome goal, Gus. So glad you're on our team," Harkness said as he slapped Gus on the back.

"Yeah. It was pretty awesome."

"What're you doing after the game? Going to join us? We're getting together at Ryan's house to shoot the shit for a while," MacLeod announced as he dried his face with a towel.

Gus placed his cleats in his bag and saw his mom approaching the team. Walking over to her, he stopped a few feet away. "Don't come any closer. I reek."

"You did really well out there. We're proud of you. Don't stay out too late; we expect you home by 12:00. You do have another game in the early afternoon," she reminded him.

Brian was watching from the sidelines, and when he saw Gus frown and his body become stiff, he walked over toward them.

"Gus, you were great out there. I guess all that practice paid off." Brian slapped him on the back. Turning toward Lindsay he asked, "Is there something wrong?"

"No. I was just telling Gus that he needed to be home by midnight."

"What the fuck, Linds? He doesn't live with you anymore. You have no say in this matter."

"He's my son. You asked for him to live with you until the tournament. That means he comes home."

Justin had stayed behind when Brian went to talk to Lindsay and Gus, but seeing Brian pinch the bridge of his nose and wrap a protective arm around Gus, he knew something wasn't right. He walked over to the small group.

"... Brian, I didn't say he could live with you forever. This was only supposed to be temporary. Gus, I think you should gather your gear and let's go home."

Justin stepped into the little group. "Gus, go get your gear. The car's over there." He pointed to the Saab and watched as Gus gathered his soccer bag.

"Brian... You can't do this," Lindsay shouted.

Brian ignored Lindsay's tirade and followed Gus and Justin to the car.

The three men got in the car and no one spoke for the first half of the trip.

"Dad," Gus said tentatively. "I don't want to go back there."

"Don't worry. You will be staying with me and Justin. You are of age where any court would allow you to choose."

Justin turned toward Brian, put his hand on Brian's knee and squeezed it gently. "How do you know so much about the law?"

"I seem to remember another seventeen year old that came to live with me. I did some checking back then. The last thing I needed was to be slapped with a lawsuit--contributing to the delinquency of a minor or some other legal mumbo jumbo. I discovered that at 17, a child could choose where they wanted to live. While you couldn't vote, get married or join the military, you did have some say where you lay your head at night."

Justin looked at his partner, awe in his eyes. "You did that? For me? Wow! I never knew."

"Some things you aren't meant to know, Sunshine." He reached down and squeezed Justin's hand that lay on his thigh. "Gus, if you want to continue to live with us, you can. I suggest you take a nice shower and get some sleep. I have a feeling that your moms are not done with this topic."

Gus sighed. "I think you're right, Dad. Thanks. Glad you guys could make it to the tournament."

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

"Me either, even though I'm not actually related to you. You're as much my son as you are Brian's."

"Just like I consider you my Dad. Thanks Justin."

They arrived at Britin, Gus showered and then went to his room to play a video game. Brian and Justin went into the media room. Brian went to the liquor cart and poured himself a glass of Beam. Justin watched, but didn't comment. He drank one shot and then poured himself a second, downing that one quickly. He left the glass on the cart and sat next to Justin.

"I saw you watching me with your eagle eyes. I stopped after two drinks, just like I said I would." Brian kissed Justin softly on the lips. "I'm just so fucking mad at Lindsay. That bitch. Who does she think she is? Telling Gus to grab his gear and go home?"

"Something else is going on, Brian. She was fine with him staying a week and a half ago. What happened?"

"I don't know, Justin, but I think I may have to have a nice little chat with Ms. Peterson after the game tomorrow. She can't keep doing this. It upsets Gus and I won't stand for it."

Justin leaned into Brian, resting his back to his chest. Brian automatically put his hands under Justin's shirt, caressing his torso.

"Feels nice."

"Hey Dad! What time do we need to leave tomorrow morning?" Gus yelled down.

Brian took his hands out of Justin's shirt and gently pushed him into a sitting position. "Nine thirty," he answered back.

"Okay. See you in the morning."

"Come on, Justin. I think our bed is calling us."

"I can hear it too."