- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the end of the story-  there are another 2 short tales in the saga-  I'll be posting them in a few days.  Thanks for everyone who commented and read the tale.

The driver barely had time to slow the car before Brian opened the door and almost ran into the front door as he fumbled with his key. He unlocked the door, ran up the stairs and made his way to Gus' bedroom without stopping. Opening the door to the bedroom, he was surprised to see the bed empty.

"Gus!" he yelled frantically.

"I'm down here, Dad. In the media room. You ran up the stairs so fast, I didn't have time to say hello."

Brian made his way down the stairs in almost the same fashion that he made it up the stairs. Entering the media room, he saw Gus propped up on pillows on the couch. He went to sit on the chair by the couch.

"You okay?"

"Sore, but I'm fine."

Brian got up and went straight to the liquor cabinet, pouring himself a shot of Beam. Drinking it down quickly, he poured another and then placed the glass on the cart. Returning to the chair, he took a few breaths as he looked around the room for the first time.

Justin frowned at him, but didn't comment. Deb and Jennifer looked at each other in a knowing glance.

"So... Who's going to tell me what the fuck happened?"

Everyone was silent.

Brian repeated himself as he looked directly at Gus "Who's going to tell me what the fuck happened?"

Gus attempted to sit up a little straighter on the couch, wincing in pain as he moved his arm. "I wrecked the car. It was my fault."

Brian steeled his voice. "And how did you do this? You were told to take the car service if you needed to go anywhere."

"I know, but..."

"But what?"

"Sam had a big fight with his parents. He called me early in the morning-said he hadn't slept all night and he asked if he could come here. I knew you would have let him come over if you'd been home, so I told him yes. I didn't want the car service to go pick him up. His parents would have hit the roof, so I went to get him."

"Where's Sam?" Brian asked.

"Home-with his parents. They came to the hospital and they were furious with him. Said they'd never let him out of the house again."

"I've got a headache. We'll talk about this later." Turning toward Justin, Brian stated, "I'm tired. I'm going to lie down. Want to join me?"

Justin got up, walked over to Gus and kissed him on the forehead. "Glad you're okay."

Gus smiled a half smile. "Will you talk to him, Justin? I recognize that Kinney face."

"Yes, but you screwed up."

"I know." Gus scooted down in his pillows, closed his eyes and attempted to sleep.

Brian walked up the stairs very slowly as if he was much older than his 46 years. Justin followed close behind. Brian opened the door to their bedroom, sitting in the chair by the window. Justin joined him.

He closed his eyes as he massaged the bridge of his nose. "I don't think I'm cut out to be a parent. What the fuck was he doing picking up some kid? Maybe Linds was right all along."

Justin walked over to Brian, massaged his temples and gave him a few kisses on his forehead. "You're a great Dad. Never doubt that. Kids do stupid things. Besides, if you have Gus go back to Mel and Linds, then you'll be no different than them, giving him away at the first sign of trouble."

"Fuck! You're right. I need a drink." Brian got up, moving toward the liquor cart in their bedroom. Reaching out for the bottle, he stopped himself before he poured the drink. He turned around and walked back to the chair.

"Brian," Justin whispered.

"I said I'd try."

"Fuck! I need a blow job." He unbuttoned his shirt, dropped his pants and climbed up on their bed.

Justin smiled, undressed and joined him, fulfilling Brian's wish. "Justinnnnn," Brian yelled as he came several minutes later.

Justin licked his lips, tasting Brian's cum, rolled over on his back where Brian leaned over and returned the favor. He rolled over, pulled his arm around Justin and they both fell asleep.

It was dark outside when they woke. Justin went into the bathroom, turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up. Brian walked up behind Justin, placing his chin on Justin's shoulder. He moved his hands up and down Justin's flanks, signaling his interest in his partner.

Justin pushed back into Brian, his ass grinding on Brian's cock. Brian kissed Justin's cheek and neck as he fondled his cock. After a few minutes, he moved his hand to Justin's ass, spread the cheeks and pushed inside.

"Uhh," Justin grunted at the intrusion but pushed back, demonstrating his readiness. Brian grabbed Justin's cock, milking it in time with his thrusts. The water beat down on them as they raced to the finish. Justin felt Brian release his cum into him and Brian felt Justin's cum shoot across his fingers.

"I love you," Justin murmured as he leaned his head back against Brian's chest. "We really should check on Gus." Justin turned and picked up the soap to wash himself.

"Shit. You're right. Turn around and I'll do your hair." Brian picked up the shampoo bottle and poured a small amount into his hand. He washed Justin's hair as Justin washed his body. They were efficient at their cleaning, not lingering to enjoy each other's bodies.

Brian turned off the water, gave Justin a quick kiss and stepped out of the shower, where he grabbed a towel from the warming rack. Justin stepped out and grabbed his own towel, drying his body quickly. They hung the towels to dry, returning to their bedroom.

"What the fuck was he thinking? Driving to go pick up some kid," Brian groused as he pulled on a pair of underwear.

"That's just it, Bri... he was only thinking like his Dad. Sam needed help and asked Gus... therefore Gus helped. You did the same thing with my parents. Taking me out of their house when my Dad would only let me live there if I gave up "my disgusting lifestyle". Justin pulled out a pair of underwear and cargo pants from his drawer.

Brian grinned at the comparison. He grabbed a pair of jeans, pulling them on and picking a casual shirt out of the closet. "I guess I did rescue you, but your father is an asshole."

"Yeah, but we're not talking about him. Seems we've had this conversation before." He pulled on a hoodie and socks. "I'm hungry. I'll see what Rosa has in the fridge."

"A turkey sandwich or salad is fine, nothing heavy."

Justin kissed Brian on the lips, then opened the bedroom door. He went down the stairs and stopped in the media room to talk to Gus.

Noticing the noise, Gus turned toward the stairs. "Hey Justin. Did you talk to him? Am I going to be grounded for like forever?" Gus frowned at the thought.

"Yeah, we talked, but I think the three of us need to talk. I'm getting us something to eat. Want anything?"

"No. I'm good. You've got me worried."

"Gus..." Justin started to talk, but stopped. "We need to wait for your Dad." Justin turned and went into the kitchen, where he found his mom, Debbie, and Rosa.

"What's there to eat, Rosa? I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm starving." Justin opened the fridge, looking inside for food.

"Bout time you two graced us with your presence. Couldn't keep your hands off each other long enough to be with Gus. Shame on you!" Debbie chastised Justin.

Brian walked into the room, hearing her tirade. "I came home as fast as I could, checked on my son, saw he was in no danger and went to rest. He wasn't going to die while I slept. Not that I owe you any explanation for my actions. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm hungry and you're in my way." He walked toward the fridge where Debbie was standing and she moved away.

"Asshole!"

Brian smiled at the familiar name but didn't respond to her. "Thank you, Jennifer, for going to the hospital." He leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"That's what grandmothers are for. I would do the same for Justin or Molly." She smiled and gave Justin a quick peck on the cheek.

"Thanks, Mom. We're good here if you want to go home. I'm sure it's been a long day for you."

"I think I will leave. I can't wait to hear about your trip, but I'm sure that can wait. I understand the Turks and Caicos are beautiful."

Justin gave his mother a hug and walked her to the door, leaving Brian and Debbie in the kitchen.

"Aren't you going to leave too?" Brian asked.

"You take care of my grandson. He's had a big shakeup and..."

"Yes, Maw. I think I can handle that one. Seems to me Justin had a broken arm not that long ago."

"Oh... I forgot." Deb admitted.

"I haven't. Now go. We'll see you in a few days." He walked her to the door as well and she gave him a big kiss on the cheek, which she immediately tried to wipe off, but was only partially successful.

Justin watched the familiar exchange and smiled. "Admit it Brian, if Deb wasn't chewing your ass, you'd think something was wrong."

Brian smirked and semi-leered at Justin. "Don't mention asses unless you're willing to offer yours here and now."

"Briannnn."

"I thought so. Let's finish that snack and go talk to Gus." They gathered their food and went into the media room. Brian sat in one easy chair and Justin sat in the other.

"How was your trip?" Gus asked, trying to avoid the inevitable.

"Very relaxing. It was good to get away. I would have preferred to not end it with a phone call from Allegheny General."

"Sorry." Gus looked down rather than at Brian.

"Sorry's bullshit."

"But, I am sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"We know, Gus. What your father is trying to say is that sorry doesn't change the facts. You may be sorry that you took the car without permission, but it doesn't change the fact that you wrecked it and now have a broken arm. Not to mention that your little rescue mission was totally aborted and Sam is back home with his parents and not being allowed to see you." Justin took a bite of reheated pizza and put down his plate to take a drink of Coke.

"I get it. I guess this ends my season. Can't really play with a broken arm. Shit! I was hoping to be noticed by some scouts." He raised his arm, showing his cast.

"Lucky for you, that's not your only way to pay for school," Brian stated.

"You're being very calm, Dad. I know you're thinking up some grand punishment."

"Not really. I think the broken arm and the loss of your soccer season is a good start. That broken arm can be a real pain; ask Justin."

Gus frowned. "Shit. I can't shower by myself. Does that mean one of you is going to help me for the next six weeks?" Gus looked horrified by the prospect.

Justin laughed. "No, Gus. We can wrap your arm in plastic and put a garbage bag over it to keep it dry. It should work just fine. We can wash your hair in the sink."

"But..." Gus stopped his answer as awareness hit him in the head. "Oh, never mind."

"I told you I raised a smart son," Brian said, tongue-in-cheek to Justin.

"That's it?" Gus asked hopefully.

"I think not, Sonny Boy. The car is heavily damaged and insurance will pay to fix it, but I think you will pay the deductible. We'll be giving you additional jobs around Britin, and maybe you should think about getting a real job once your arm is healed. ‘Bout time you earned your keep."

Gus swallowed hard, but shook his head in agreement. "Okay. That's fair." He was quiet for a few moments and then added, "Dad... will you ever let me drive again?"

"We'll talk about that later." Brian finished his sandwich and grabbed his and Justin's plates, taking them to the kitchen.

"Thanks Justin."

"For what?"

"Talking to him. I'm sure what he originally planned was a much worse punishment."

"Gus, I didn't talk to him about it. I just got him to calm down."

"Thanks anyway. You're the reasonable one. Dad can get very excited sometimes and goes overboard. I'm glad you're here to help him."

Justin smiled at Gus' observation. "We're a team, Gus. That's what partners are, a team." Justin picked up the pain pill bottle and read the instructions. "Want another one? You seem to be squirming a lot."

"Yeah. That'd be great. The arm is starting to throb."

Justin grabbed a glass of water and a pill, giving both to Gus. "Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure. Mummy 3 just came out and I didn't get a chance to see it in the theater."

Justin put the DVD in the player and waited for Brian to return from the kitchen. "We're going to watch Mummy 3. Want to join us?"

"Sure. Mummies walking, talking and killing. Just my type of fun."

They watched the movie, but Gus was out an hour into the movie. Brian shut it off and placed a light cover over him.

"I'll grab some blankets and make a pallet on the floor, in case he wakes up and needs something."

"Your back will be killing you tomorrow."

"Nah. I bought a blow up mattress a few months back and I'll sleep on it."

"I'll join you."

"You sure? Your arm is still a little stiff in the morning."

"I'll be fine. Besides, you make a great pillow."

They went upstairs to gather their bedding and prepared the pallet on the floor. They undressed to their underwear and got under the covers.

Justin turned toward Brian, lying on his side. "You did great today with Gus."

"I try."

"You're a great dad."

"It's been a long day and I'm beat. His arm will probably hurt like a bitch tomorrow and he'll be cranky. Tell me how great a dad I am then, when I want to strangle him."

Justin laughed. "It'll be fine. You'll see." Justin kissed him and then they fell asleep in each other's arms.


Epilogue

Justin walked out of his studio and was greeted by a blast of very cold air. Practically running to the main house, he rushed into the kitchen, blowing on his hands. "Hey Rosa. Smells great." he inhaled the familiar aromas that emanated from the oven.

"I'm making Mr. Kinney's favorite-chicken with roasted red peppers and pine nuts. It's nearly lunch time and I've got a pot of stew that's been cooking all morning. I'll dish some up for you." She went to the cupboard, getting down a large soup bowl.

"Thanks," Justin answered as his stomach growled.

"You'd forget to eat, Mr. Taylor. I'm glad I'm here to feed you. You and Mr. Kinney would starve without me."

The phone rang as he was about to respond.

"Hello."

"...Hi Michael."

"Are you busy?"

"No. I'm taking a break. Rosa's got a big pot of stew cooking and she's pouring me a bowl now."

"I just got off the phone with the Comic Con organizers. They were calling to ask us back. Seems they noticed we didn't sign up and they said we were a big hit last year, so wanted us back."

Justin was silent on the other end of the phone.

"You there?"

"I'm here."

"Well. We had a great time and it was loads of fun. Should I tell them yes? I told them I'd call them back as soon as possible."

Justin took a big sigh. "I don't know Michael. Brian still has issues with the accident. I don't know if that's a good idea."

"I'll talk to him if you want. It would be a great way to push the new issue, and the action figures of Ice Tina and Rage and JT in their wedding costumes are coming out soon," Michael urged as he reminded him of their joint venture.

"No. I'll talk to him. I was planning on going into town this afternoon. I'll go after lunch and talk to him today. I'll let you know by the end of the week."

"Okay. Think about, Justin. It was a blast last year. Talk to you in a few days."

Justin hung up the phone, sat at the table and put his head in his hands. "Shit!" he said under his breath.

Rosa placed the bowl of stew in front of him. "Is something wrong Mr. Taylor? You don't look too well."

"I'm fine." He ate a few bites of stew, before pushing the bowl away. "I have to go into town." Justin stood up and walked upstairs.

He took off his paint-splattered clothes and put on a blue sweater, one that Brian had recently purchased. That was a fun shopping trip. Brian practically fucked me in every changing room. Said he couldn't help it, that I was irresistible. I hope... Shit I don't want to trick him into saying yes. Quit it Taylor and just get on with it.

Justin drove the new Saab towards Pittsburgh while he listened to Queen. He sang along with the CD while he parked in the garage. He entered the lobby and went to the executive area, where he was greeted by Cynthia.

"Hi Justin. Was Brian expecting you?"

"No. I was in town and decided to stop by. Is he free?"

"You have great timing. He just finished a meeting and his next one isn't for another hour and a half."

"Thanks." Justin opened the door to Brian's office and walked over to his partner, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey. Did I forget an appointment? I didn't think we had anything scheduled?"

"No, you're not going senile yet. I had to run into the city and decided to stop by."

Brian looked at Justin, taking in his less than casual dress and motioned for him to it on the couch. "Spill."

"Am I that transparent?"

"Not really. I just know you really, really well and I recognize that sweater. I know you and you were subconsciously trying to distract me."

Justin gave him a knowing smile.

"So spill," Brian repeated. "The sooner you tell me the reason for the visit, the sooner I can fuck your brains out. After all, I wouldn't want the sweater to be wasted," he said, tongue-in-cheek.

Justin took a deep breath and started his explanation. "Michael called."

"He does that. It's a way to communicate."

"Brian..."

"Go on."

"He got a call from Comic Con and they want us back. I told him I didn't know. Last year and the--"

"Accident. It's called an accident, Justin. Something unplanned."

"I--"

"Justin." Brian walked over to the couch and sat next to Justin, taking his head in his hand and turning it toward him. "The accident wasn't all bad. There were some good things that came from it."

"Good things?" Justin looked puzzled.

"Yeah. While my infidelity was not a good thing," Brian put his finger to his lips to stop Justin from interrupting, "It led to some good things. I still drink, but for the most part I don't drown my feelings in a bottle. We've got Gus full time, and I know that wasn't due to the accident, but I doubt that the Munchers would have kept their part of the bargain if I was still tying one on regularly."

"Okay. There were some good things that happened, but still."

"Justin. Life happens. You either live it or run from it. I'd been running from it for a long time. The accident made me realize that I wanted to live it. I'll always be sorry that I hurt you and that I..."

"It's okay. You don't need to say it." Justin kissed him softly on the lips.

Brian returned the kiss and they spent a few minutes enjoying each other. Brian broke the kiss and pulled away. "Do you want to work the Con?"

"I hadn't really thought about it, Brian. I just assumed..."

"You know that when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me," Brian said, tongue-in-cheek.

"I know. I'd rather have you in my ass."

"In a minute."

"Stop the presses. Brian Kinney turns down sex."

Brian swatted Justin on the arm. "I didn't turn it down, rather, I postponed it. Now... as I was saying. What do you want to do? I'm okay with whatever you want."

"It was a lot of fun. All those fans, asking for my autograph. But then, it was a lot of work too, getting all those prints made and materials ready."

"I can see in your eyes that you want to say yes."

"I guess so. I'd like to go."

"Then we'll go and I'll get your milk the night before. Now drop your pants and turn around. Your ass is mine. I don't have another appointment for 15 minutes."

Justin dropped his pants and enjoyed the quickie in Brian's office. A knock on the door interrupted their post-coital kissing.

"Yeah," Brian yelled out.

"Mr. Shadow is here to see you."

"Tell him I'll be about 15 minutes." Brian turned to Justin. "Come on. I can't have you walking around town smelling of eau de Kinney. Good thing I had the executive washroom made with a shower."

They showered quickly and Brian blow dried his hair. He redressed in his suit and no one would have known that 30 minutes earlier he had his dick buried in Justin's ass. He gave Justin a quick kiss.

"Call Mikey. He'll be on pins and needles all day until you give him the green light. Now go, I have a business to run."

Justin went out the back entrance and walked to Red Cape Comics. The bell jingled and Michael looked up from the counter, where he was reading some invoices.

"Hey, Justin. I didn't expect to see you."

"I told you I was coming into town this afternoon. I stopped to talk to Brian. We decided to do the Con. Tell them ‘yes'."

Michael came around the counter and gave Justin a big hug. "That's great! It'll be fun."

Three weeks later, they attended the Con and were met with long lines of fans wanting autographs and pictures. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Afterward, they made their way out to the car and Justin opened the car door, placing the last box on the seat. "I'm glad we came. It was fun. Some of those people really get into the whole comic thing."

"Of course they do. They need a role model and Rage is a great one. What do you think about the next issue being about our accident last year?"

Justin looked at Brian and Brian looked at Justin with a pained face. "No," they said in unison. "We've moved on from that."

"But it would make a great story. Rage gives his lair to Zephyr and the professor while Zephyr is healing, and Rage helps JT with his recovery."

"No," they repeated, more emphatically.

"I don't want to relive that time. Sorry Michael," Justin added.

Looking at the two faces, he realized that he was missing something, but knew not to push. "Okay. I'm sure we'll think of something else."

The three friends drove home from the Con and returned home... safe and sound.

The End.

The End.
sfscarlet is the author of 29 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Guilt Management also liked 654 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Pain Management . The previous story in the series is Pain Management. The next story in the series is Compromises.