- Text Size +

Brian and Justin kissed for a few minutes, each caught up in the feel of the other's taste and smell. Justin pulled away first, but held Brian's hand while he gathered his thoughts.

Brian watched Justin weigh his thoughts and words, but didn't want to wait.  "Will you move back into the house?  The bed is..."

"The futon is not that comfortable, really not meant for sleeping on more than a few hours." Justin grinned.  "But... I'll stay in the guest room."

"The guest room." Brian frowned but didn't argue. "Do you want help to bring your shit back?"

Justin's stomach growled loudly and he laughed.

"Have you been eating?" Brian asked solicitously.

"Yes, I've been eating. Rosa just made me a snack."

"I think you need more than a snack.  Let's go eat dinner."

They walked into the kitchen, seeing Rosa by the stove.

"Just in time.  Dinner will be ready in five minutes.  I'll fix your plates and bring them out."

"We'll finish things up, Rosa.  Why don't you go home for the night?  Justin and I can handle it from here."

"Thank you, Mr. Kinney.  I'll see you tomorrow." She gathered her coat and bag and left the two men alone.

They fixed their plates and sat at the kitchen table to eat.  Brian watched Justin and Justin watched Brian, like two people who were meeting for the first time, unsure what was safe to talk about or what topics might be taboo. They gave each other surreptitious glances, hoping the other person wasn't looking.

Brian felt himself relaxing for the first time in several weeks.  First, it was the frenzy before Comic Con and then the accident, only to be followed by his mistake. Each day he had difficulty picturing a future with Justin, yet here he was sitting next to him, eating a meal together, and he didn't have to worry about Justin finding out his secrets.  Justin knew about the trick and he had forgiven him.

As they were putting their plates in the dishwasher, the doorbell rang, startling both men.

They looked at each other, wondering who could be ringing the bell. "I'll go. You finish eating.  I'm beginning to see ribs through your shirt," Brian informed Justin as he stood up to leave the kitchen.

Opening the door, he was greeted by Michael. "Brian, I got my heel stub and now I can walk.  I came by Kinnetik the other day but you weren't there.  I haven't heard from you in a few days and I wanted to see you.  Ben brought me over."

Brian didn't say anything or motion Michael in.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?  You okay?  You look kind of funny."

Brian looked at Michael as if an alien had landed on his doorstep, the puppy dog eyes, the classic grin and old T-shirt.  "Uh sure.  I wasn't expecting anyone." Brian motioned for Michael to enter the house while he waited at the door for Ben.  "We were just finishing dinner.  Justin's in the kitchen."

"We should have called.  We can come back another time," Ben offered.

"I'm sure Justin would like the company.  He's been holed up here too," Michael offered.

"Michael," Ben warned.

"Come on in," Brian reluctantly motioned for the two men to follow him.

"Justin, Michael and Ben are here," he announced as he walked toward the kitchen.

Justin cursed Michael's timing, but graciously got up to greet the men.

"You've got a stump on your heel.  That's great.  I remember when Brian got his stump, he was so much more pleasant to live with.  Ben, is Michael a patient patient?" Justin teased as got up to place his plate in the dishwasher.

'I imagine he's more patient than Brian, but..."

Michael playfully punched Ben's arm and Ben rubbed the area like it hurt.

"Are you guys busy?  I brought the orders from the Con with me and I thought Justin and I could review them.  I know we've both been a little incapacitated but I thought it would be fun to look at."

Justin and Brian simultaneously looked at each other with a resigned expression.  Neither Ben nor Michael caught it as they were experienced in sending quick, silent messages to each other.

"Why don't we go to the media room; there's room for all of us to sit comfortably." Justin suggested.

Justin and Michael spent the next several hours reviewing the latest Rage storyline and discussed the art orders from the Con.  Ben and Brian got bored after twenty minutes of listening to their spouses and chose to watch a DVD. 

"Michael, it's time to go.  We've been here for almost three hours and I have a lecture in the morning."

"So we're set.  As soon as your hand is out of the cast, we can start on these orders.  I'm so excited, Justin!"

"Michael..." Ben repeated. "It's a half hour drive to the city.  Justin isn't going anywhere."

"Do you want me to leave my notes?"

"Sure.  It will give me something to do for the next few days."


"Night Mikey, night Professor," Brian said as he herded them toward the door.

"Good seeing you guys," Ben said as he nodded toward Brian.  Maybe next time, I'll convince Michael to leave Rage at home."

After saying goodnight, Brian returned to the media room where Justin was arranging the notes.  "They're gone.  Now where were we?" Brian's eyes slowly scanned Justin's torso, stopping at his crotch.

"I'm beat.  I haven't been sleeping well.  I'm going to bed.  See you in the morning."  Justin leaned over and gave Brian a soft kiss on the lips and turned to leave the room.

"Sleep well.  I love you," Brian whispered, no longer hesitant to say the three words.

Justin turned and smiled at Brian. "I love you too, but..."

"Go... I understand." Brian walked around the room, shut off the lights and then set the alarm.  He went to the master bedroom and readied himself for bed.  Pulling back the duvet, he thought of Justin down the hall in the guest bedroom and frowned.  At least he's in the same house.  We'll get through this.

Justin walked into the guest bedroom, its unfamiliar furnishings a bit disconcerting.  When he picked out the red and blue theme, he never imagined he would be staying in the room.  Where do we go from here?  I know Brian told me the truth; that's got to count for something.  How are we going to move forward? I keep seeing him with his cock out and the trick blowing him in the VIP lounge. Of course there is the other issue--his drinking.  Justin yawned as he got into the bed, and snuggled deep in the warmth. Closing his eyes, exhaustion overcame him and he fell asleep.


Both men woke the next morning, refreshed, more so than they had in days.  Justin went down to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee and found Brian sitting at the table reading the newspapers.

"You're up early, Sunshine."  Brian put down the paper and stood to kiss Justin.

Justin returned the kiss, enjoying the feel of Brian's lips on his.

"Much better than coffee.  I can take care of any other morning needs you might have," Brian hinted as he cupped Justin's cock through his sweats.

Justin gently removed Brian's hand.  "Brian... We have a lot to talk about, but right now I've got to make some phone calls."

"Do you need any help getting dressed, showered?"

"No, Em said he'd come over this morning and help again.  He's helped Drew a few times when he's been injured so I'm in good hands."

"I can work from home," Brian offered, feeling a little unneeded.

"Brian, go to work.  You have a business to run and I have work to do.  I promise we're okay.  I just need some time to figure this all out."

"See you tonight." Brian leaned over and kissed Justin on the lips and Justin returned the kiss fully. 

"Later," Brian said.

"Later," Justin returned the familiar word as he watched Brian tuck the newspaper into his briefcase and pour his coffee into his to-go mug.

Justin picked up his cell phone and hit the number 3.

"Hello," a groggy Emmett answered the phone.

"Em, I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to wake you. I'll let you go back to sleep."

"No worries, sweetie.  The alarm was set for 8:00 and that is only ten minutes from now.  I was planning on coming out to Britin to help you this morning.  Everything okay?"

"I'm fine.  I was just checking.  Brian just left and I told him that you were coming over, and I wanted to make sure."

Emmett sat up in bed at the mention of Brian's name. "Did you talk to him?" he tentatively asked.

"We talked," Justin answered without giving any details.

"I'm so glad you did.  Both of you were miserable.  But... if you talked, why didn't he help you with your shower?"

Justin didn't answer immediately, gathering his thoughts.  "Em, it isn't that easy."

"What isn't easy?  You wrap the arm in plastic, turn on the shower and wash.  When you're done, you unwrap the arm, pat it dry on the places that got a little moist and you go on your merry way," Em ticked off the necessary steps in the process.

"This isn't about the shower.  The trick... I still need to work through some things."

Emmett was silent on his end of the phone. "I'm sure you will figure it out.  I'm putting on my clothes right now and I'll be over in forty minutes.  Have you eaten?  I can bring some fresh popovers from the store."

"Popovers are always good.  I'll see you in a while."

Justin hung up the phone and went to the media room to review the orders that he and Michael discussed the night before. 

Emmett arrived just as he was finished looking at the projected sales information.  Rosa let him in when he rung the door bell and walked him to the media room.

"Your assistant has arrived.  Are you ready to wrap and shower, sir?" Emmett bowed from the waist and pretended to be a butler.

Justin smiled at Emmett's antics.  "Yes.  The wrap is still in the studio.  Would you mind getting it?"

Emmett put on his coat and walked around the back of the house to the studio, grabbing the plastic wrap he had borrowed the day before.  Returning to the main house, he went to the media room. "To the bath, sir?" Em teased again.

"I think I'll use the guest bathroom.  The shower is actually more accessible for my needs," Justin explained as he walked toward the bathroom mentioned, followed closely behind by Emmett.

Justin took off his shirt and Emmett wrapped his arm. Justin pushed down his lounge pants and adjusted the water for his shower.  Quickly washing himself, Justin didn't linger in the shower and got out quickly.  "Can you help me with my hair?" he asked as he towel-dried his body.

"Of course.  Do you want to do it in here or in the master bath?" Emmett glanced around the bathroom trying to visualize the process.

"Here is fine. Brian would hate it if I made a mess in the master bath."

Em helped him wash his hair and dried it for him as that was a difficult task with one hand.  "You seem awfully quiet, baby.  Are you sure you're okay?" Emmett cleaned the sink and hung up the wet towel on the rack.

Justin pulled on a fresh pair of lounge pants and Emmett helped him with a clean shirt.  Justin motioned for Emmett to follow him downstairs, then stopped in the kitchen to grab a fresh cup of coffee, and offered one to Emmett as well.  They sat at the kitchen table.

"I don't know what to do, Em.  Brian finally told me everything about his trick and I told him I forgive him, but I just can't get the image of his cock in a trick's mouth out of my head." Justin looked down into his coffee cup, seeking answers he knew weren't there.

"I guess you do have many memories to pull from," Em half-joked. 

Justin smiled at Emmett's attempt at humor.  "True, but it's been seven years since either of us..."

Emmett didn't say anything, just let Justin talk. 

"Things have been so crazy for so long.  Preparing for the con, then the accident and... Maybe it was my fault.  Maybe I didn't give him enough attention," Justin lamented as his eyes teared up.

"Sweetie, it wasn't your fault.  You didn't make him get his cock sucked."

"I had a panic attack earlier that night and Brian freaked out.  He went out drinking.  I know he felt guilty about the accident and, well, everything.  You know how Brian is."

"Go on," Emmett urged Justin to continue his story.

"He said he went to Babylon and got drunk and... went to the VIP lounge to escape some guy on the floor making moves on him and closed his eyes.  He said he thought it was me, but when he opened his eyes...  He ran out of the club, and took the service home."

"So he was drunk?"  Emmett confirmed.

"Yeah.  And that's another thing.  He's been drinking a lot.  He'd cut back a lot in the last few years, ever since that ulcer.  I can't lose him, Em.  No matter what, I can't lose him."  Tears rolled down Justin's face and he didn't try to stop them.

Emmett held him while he let out his frustrations and fears, rubbing his back with his hand in a circular motion.  When Justin stopped crying, Em stood up and found a few tissues and handed them to Justin to wipe his face and blow his nose.

"I know Brian doesn't talk, but maybe this is one time he'll break his rules."

"He talks, Em.  We actually talk a lot.  He just doesn't want anyone knowing that.  Don't you ever tell anyone or I'll deny it."

"So sit down and talk to him, Justin.  Crying isn't going to fix this."

"You think talking will work?" Justin asked as he stood up to look out the window by the sink.

"You told me you talk.  So talk."  Emmett stood up to give Justin a hug.  "Oh my.  Look at the time.  I promised Teddy I would meet him for lunch.  Are you okay, Sweetie?  I can call and cancel lunch if you still need me." Emmett offered.

Justin smiled.  "No, go.  I'll be fine.  Maybe I'll get dressed and get the service to take me into town, surprise Brian.  He'd like that."  The wheels turned in Justin's head as he plotted his afternoon surprise.  "I better call Cynthia--make sure there are no big meetings for the afternoon.  Wouldn't want to interrupt his work."  Justin turned toward Emmett, hugging him with his good arm.  "Thanks Em, you're the best."

"Anytime, Justin.  Now go make those phone calls and put on some presentable clothes.  You want help dressing in something nice?"

"No.  Brian will wonder how much you helped me and he doesn't really like anyone but him to see me."

"You go girl." Emmett grabbed his coat and left Justin alone.

Justin called Cynthia and verified that Brian would be in this afternoon, and asked her to keep him busy for the next hour and a half.  He figured it would take that long to get dressed and to Kinnetik.

TBC