- Text Size +

 

 

Early the next morning the men awoke to the aroma of Claire's fresh baked biscuits, coffee, steak and eggs. She was a woman on a mission to keep all four boys fed, happy and well prepared for another day of fun with power tools. Power tools, oh dear!

When breakfast was over Claire got ready to go to church. Brian winced when she said that was where she was off too. It brought back too many unpleasant memories of his mother's relationship with the church. But he had to admit that Claire never treated him with anything but respect, and she had never once made an issue of him being gay, or her own son for that matter. Once again he had to wonder what it would have been like to have Claire as his mother.

Claire came down the stairs with a little overnight bag.

"What are you doing, mother?" John asked.

"I'm going to Caroline's for a couple of days. I'm sure you gentlemen can fend for yourselves. There's plenty of food in the house, and you can do whatever you want to do without fear of offending me."

"Are you sure?" John asked. "This is your home."

"I'm sorry, Claire, if we've driven you away," Justin said.

"It's nothing like that," Claire said blushing. "I just feel like an old, straight, fogey, and I think you young people should have some time on your own."

"You're not old, Claire," Brian said. "You're aged to perfection."

"I can see why you're in advertising, you sweet talker, you," Claire said blushing. "But I'm still going."

"If you're sure, mother," John conceded.

"I'm sure. Caroline and I are going to go see a couple of movies and have a high old time."

"When will you be back?"

"I'll call in a couple of days."

With that Claire went to the Navigator and quickly drove off.

"I feel bad," Justin said.

"Well I don't," Brian replied.

"Briiaan," Justin responded.

"I mean it. Obviously all the fucking last night got on Claire's last nerve. Maybe she's gone to get some of her own," Brian smirked.

"Briiaaaan!" came from all three mouths.

"Let's get to work so we have lots of time for fucking later."

Despite their annoyance at Brian's somewhat callous comments, they all had to agree that it was rather freeing being on their own. Clad in shorts and T-shirts they made their way out to the tree.

"Two stories, huh?" Brian asked looking skeptically up into the tree.

"We can do it," John said.

"I'm glad you think so. You realize that you're going to be doing the majority of the work."

"Oh no, little bro', I have big plans for you."

Brian groaned. "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."

"Where's your helper?" John asked. Justin and Bobby were coming out of the barn with some tools.

"Hey, Tim the Tool Man Taylor, get over here?" Brian called.

Justin gave him the finger and then grinned, calling out, "Huh! Power, we need more power."

They all had a laugh as they got to work.

They assembled the tools and drew the tarp off the precut lumber. Their first task would be to get a level floor for the house. Brian and John climbed up onto the scaffolding while Justin and Bobby handed them the pieces of wood. Justin read the plans and told Bobby the number of the piece of wood they needed.

After some initial discussion Brian and John finally got one piece of the floor in place.

"At this rate, we'll be here till Christmas," Brian griped feeling hot and sweaty and cranky and horny as the noonday sun heated up everyone and everything.

"It'll get easier as we get the hang of it," John told him.

Brian looked down as Justin bent over to read the plans that he had laid out on the lawn and anchored down with some small rocks. Justin's ass was in his line of sight and the tool belt rested on those lovely globes. Brian let out a loud groan.

Justin stayed bent over but looked up to the source of the noise. "Uh oh, Bobby, I think we'll be taking a break now."

Bobby looked questioningly at him.

John turned to look and had to smile when he saw what Brian was looking at. "Didn't you get enough last night?"

"Never enough. Isn't it time for a break?"

John chuckled and shook his head. "We've only put up one board."

"I'll work better if I relieve some stress," Brian said. He quickly dropped down off the scaffolding and went over to Justin taking a cheek in each hand and giving them a gentle squeeze. "Mine," he almost moaned as John and Bobby watched in fascination. Brian hooked his finger in Justin's tool belt and led his mildly protesting and blushing partner towards the barn.

Once through the doorway in the relative cool of the dark barn Brian lifted Justin's shirt and pulled it over his head. He unbuckled the tool belt and let it drop to the floor.

"I thought you'd want me to wear that," Justin said with a little gasp as his tight shorts were unceremoniously shoved down over his erect cock.

"Been there, done that," Brian snapped. "Farmyard fun for you today, little boy."

Justin raised his eyebrows, but decided to say nothing until he saw what Brian had in mind.

Brian looked around the shadowy barn now that his eyes had become accustomed to being out of the bright sun. He saw Beau lying on his mat at the back. "We'll have an audience just like at Babylon," Brian smirked.

"We might traumatize the poor thing," Justin giggled. "Turn him gay."

Brian snorted and then he saw just what he wanted. Stacked along one side of the barn were hay bales forming steps as they got higher. Brian began removing his own clothes. He picked up a bale and set it on top of another. He threw his T-shirt on top. "Hop up," he said to Justin finding his lube and condom in his shorts.

Justin looked at Brian but then did as he was told. He sat on the T-shirt feeling the hay scratch the back of his legs. It felt different, but nice. Brian leaned down and kissed the red lips. He tipped Justin back and his lubed fingers found Justin's pucker as he continued the kiss. He could feel Justin squirm and buck beneath him and his knees rubbed against the hay bales. He raised Justin's legs to his shoulders and then slid on the condom.

Just then he heard a noise and looked around. John was setting up his own hay bales and Bobby was already on top.

"What took you so long?" Brian asked with a smirk.

"Had to get condoms and lube," John said suiting up his own dick.

"You should always be prepared," Brian said in his best professorial voice. "You waste too much potential fucking time if you're not." Even in the dim light John could see Brian's tongue planted firmly in his cheek. The brothers smiled at each other.

Brian entered Justin with no further ado. He rode his young partner for all he was worth eliciting the moans and gasps and cries that he relished creating. John and Bobby were making some interesting noises of their own.

Some time later when they were all through, Brian grabbed his T-shirt as Justin hopped down off the hay bales. He wiped Justin's chest and kissed his well satisfied partner.

"Back to work?" Brian said cheerfully feeling in a much better frame of mind now.

"Lunch," three voices stated.

"You know with you slackers we'll never get that treehouse built," Brian said as he ran from the barn naked being pelted with clothes and clumps of hay.

Beau ran with him barking and nipping at his heels.

"Stay away from my dick," Brian warned the dog as he made it to the screen porch and went inside to get fresh clothes.

"Is he always this incorrigible?" John asked Justin.

"You ain't seen nothin' yet," Justin said with a chuckle as naked they all followed Brian into the house.

Claire, indeed, had the refrigerator well stocked. The hard working boys found a varied selection of cold cuts and cheeses. There was crusty bread and rolls in the bread box waiting to be consumed. Each man found his favorite and built manly sandwiches. The boys ate in companionable silence. After lunch and dressed in fresh clothes the erecting of the treehouse began again.

John and Brian took their place on the scaffolding while Justin and Bobby handed up the planks. Brian had to admit that putting up the boards was going a lot easier since the first was in place and used as a guide. By the end of the day they had the whole balcony hammered and bolted into place and two sides of the railing done too. John declared it was enough for the day and suggested a cooling dip in the stream. When no objections were heard, the tool time men stowed the tools and covered the remaining planks.

Down by the stream, Brian was lying on his back with Justin on top of him, resting. Justin's head was neatly tucked under Brian's chin and he felt himself dozing as Brian gently kneaded the pale globes massaging away any tension said globes may have incurred from the fierce ride they experienced moments before. Emanating from the adjacent thicket Brian could hear the noises originating from his brother and lover. An indignant scowl accompanied a dramatic sigh. Justin lifted his head and noted the look.

"What is it?"

"He's a bottom." Brian stated with disgust.

"Huh?"

"My brother is a bottom. You'd think with my genes in him and everything I've taught him he'd be a top. Where did I go wrong?"

Justin wisely did not burst into laughter. "Brian, I know how important this is to you but bottom line, it really doesn't matter." Brian looked horrified as he gazed up into the wise blue eyes. "Top, bottom, it doesn't matter as long as we're together. They're happy Brian and that's what matters to them." Justin observed that Brian was breaking his "no languishing in the afterglow" rule and gently rubbed their cocks together to distract Brian from this latest dilemma. Getting a rise from both of them Brian flipped Justin over and readied himself for the next round. Justin needing no preparation, was stretched and ready to go, wrapped his legs around his lover. This round was quieter but no less rewarding. Brian pumped Justin's cock to climax then followed with his own. He collapsed on to Justin.

A few minutes later Brian was attempting to get up. "Stay Brian, you're not heavy."

"I think we better get up now."

"Why? Did you strain something?"

"No. Either I just became some bird's toilet or it's beginning to rain." Justin securely protected under Brian's long body didn't feel the droplets hitting Brian's back.

"Shit, it's raining."

"Can't we stay out here? It feels good." It did feel good. The rain was drawing out the humidity, but Brian wasn't sure if it was safe. Sure enough, John's voice wafted through the thicket.

"Come on, we'd better get to the house. Sometimes these storms bring lightning. We shouldn't stay out here." The brothers and their lovers gathered their clothes and sprinted back to the safety of the porch.

Justin and Bobby went indoors to prepare dinner while the brothers sat in the screened porch sipping beer. John noticed a sad expression on Brian's face that was slowly building into a panic.

"What is it Brian?"

"It's going to be ruined."

"What's going to be ruined?"

"The treehouse, the rain, won't it ruin the wood?" Brian was on the verge of a full emotional breakdown. The treehouse represented more than just a family project. Each piece of wood, each nail and bolt represented healing. As the treehouse took shape so was Brian's heart. John pulled Brian into his strong arms.

"Don't worry. The wood is treated and pressurized. Even unfinished it will last for a good twenty years. When painted or polyurethaned it will last even longer. You and Gus will have your treehouse."

As the rain washed away the stickiness of a hot summer's evening, their tears washed away the pain from two little boys. One who wished for a father all his life and one who wished his cruel father never existed.

Bobby and Justin witnessed the scene from the window. "Should we go out there?" Bobby asked.

"No, give them time; it'll be okay." Justin was an expert on Kinney queen outs and this time was no different. Given time both Kinney men recovered, straightened their shoulders and joined their lovers in the kitchen to help with dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little after ten o'clock Justin's Jeep pulled up in front of the Honey Bear. Justin, Brian, John and Bobby all piled out. They planned to have a few drinks and dance a bit before heading back to the farm. The rainstorm had passed by and the night was warm and humid.

They found a table and their waiter took the order for drinks. It was a Sunday night so the place wasn't too full. A couple of tables over was a group of four men who were obviously sizing up the contingent that had just arrived.

"Dance with me," Justin asked Brian. He stood up and tugged on Brian's arm.

"I need a drink first," Brian said.

"Come on," Justin wheedled.

Finally Brian grinned at his young partner and got up to do what Justin wanted. They moved onto the floor and started to bump and grind against each other. The other group of men watched with barely disguised lust.

Bobby leaned over to John, "That group is trouble. Keep your eye on them."

John nodded and turned his attention back to the dance floor. He couldn't believe how the two men exuded sex from every pore. All eyes in the joint were riveted on them, and he could almost see men drooling as they watched. Justin and Brian were oblivious to the attention. They only had eyes for each other as they melded together in a dance of pure sex. Finally the song ended and Brian dragged Justin back to where John and Bobby waited for them. Brian downed his drink and signaled the waiter for another one. He was feeling good. He didn't notice the worried look on Bobby's face.

Downing his second drink, Brian chuckled. "Here's a puzzle for you," he laughed. "How many homos does it take to build a treehouse?" They all stared blankly at him. "Five, because the four of us are so pathetic." Brian laughed at his own joke.

"That's not true," Justin said.

"We made good progress today," John stated, "and we'll get even more done tomorrow."

Brian snorted and signaled for another drink.

"Take it easy on the booze," Bobby warned.

"Why?" Brian asked. "Is it watered down or way too expensive?"

"You may want to keep your wits about you," Bobby cautioned nodding towards the group of men whose voices seemed to be getting louder and louder.

Brian shrugged and showed his disdain by downing the double Beam in one swig.

"Hey, Blondie," a voice said. "How about a dance?" They all pretended not to hear, but the voice called out again, "Blondie!"

"Are they talking to me?" Justin asked.

Bobby nodded. "Maybe we should leave."

"I'm not going anywhere," Brian said belligerently. "And that asshole better shut the fuck up."

Suddenly the man who had called out was standing beside Justin and his hand went around Justin's arm pulling the boy to his feet.

"Let go," Justin protested, but the man's grip tightened and he started to drag Justin to the dance floor.

Brian stood and stared at the idiot who had his hand on Justin. "How many homos does it take to break your fucking arm?"

"Huh?" the guy blinked.

"One, and this homo will do it for you … in five seconds, if you don't get your fucking hands off my partner."

The man looked at Brian not liking the look he saw on the man's face. He glanced back at his group of friends who shrugged and turned away, showing that they didn't want any part of a fight.

The guy released Justin who stepped back beside Brian. "I … didn't know he was your partner. I … um … just wanted a dance. No offense."

"Let's go," Brian said and they all headed towards the door. Brian dropped a fifty on the bar.

"You didn't have to do that, Brian," Justin said. "I would have made him let go."

"I did have to do it. Nobody messes with my partner," Brian stated clearly.

Justin smiled one of his radiant best and leaned in to kiss Brian. "Thanks," he whispered.

"Wait a minute," John stated loudly just before they reached the door. "We're not going anywhere." Turning and facing Brian, John questioned his cave man brother.

"Do you promise to behave yourself and stick to beer if we go back and sit down? I came here to dance with MY partner and we live here. I'm not going to let some backwoods fag drive me out of my own place and Bobby works here. I'm sure he can handle any undue attention."

Brian saw the look of determination in his older brother and beamed with pride. "Yes, I promise to tone it down. And you're right; if anyone should leave it should be them. I won't cause any trouble." The brothers nodded at each other then looked to their partners for affirmation. The younger men looked at each other, shrugged then led their he-men back to their table.

The rest of the evening went smoothly. Brian got John and Bobby to dance a slow one together then John asked Justin to dance. Justin kept his head about him, remembering that this look-a-like was not Brian. Theirs was a sweet dance without touching. When the music changed to something fast and furious, John sat down and was replaced by Bobby. The twinks were hopping and a delicious site to behold. Bubble butts were swaying and the candlelight reflected off the gold and red hair. John and Brian smugly watched their partners; they would get to go home with them. The music changed again to something hot, John and Brian got up and claimed their twinks. Brian holding Justin close to his chest sent a warning glare into the crowd. Justin closed his eyes and let Brian lead him around. John, a very fast learner, pressed up against Bobby and kissed the flaming red hair. He sent out his own glare. No summer shower would be able to put out the fire the two couples were burning.

After their hot dance the four boys sipped their beers. Brian, as promised behaved and nursed the one beer until the bartender called out for 'last call.' Unbeknownst to Brian and Justin the last round was signaled by the last dance. Out of the speakers came the all too familiar song, 'Save the Last Dance For Me'. A look of pain washed across Brian's face. John and Bobby didn't understand but were ready to give comfort if needed. Justin stopped them with a look and offered his hand to Brian. Brian gazed at the proffered pale hand and allowed himself to be lead back to the dance floor. They took up their places and danced. It was awe inspiring. Justin still had no memory of his moves that night but with his instincts intact and Brian's expert lead they alone danced together having the whole floor to themselves. When the dance ended Justin kissed his man and held on.

Brian drew strength from Justin. The Honey Bear exploded with applause, even the group of upstarts that had threatened to mar the lovers' good time. John paid the tab then led the shaky lovers back to the Cherokee.

The ride home was quiet but not all unpleasant. They parked the Cherokee then headed for their rooms. Before retiring John was able to get Justin alone for a minute.

"What was that all about, that dance with you and Brian?"

"It's a long story. Tomorrow, suggest that I help you on the scaffold or send Brian to the hardware store and I'll tell you all about it." John nodded and then they went to bed.

In John and Bobby's room, John felt the need to take the top role. He was caught unawares with his own feelings of protectiveness towards Bobby. His lovemaking was passionate and all consuming. Bobby was left with no doubt about how John felt about him. Bobby responded to each pounding thrust with an 'I love you.'

Justin, taking the lead, reassured Brian with a myriad of kisses. He helped the slightly shell shocked Brian out of his clothes and put him to bed. Stripping off his own clothes, Justin crawled in and covered the two of them with the sheet. Brian turned and faced away from Justin not wanting to share his pain with his boy. Justin held Brian close, spooning up against Brian's cool back.

"I love you, Brian." Justin whispered, squeezing one arm under Brian and wrapping the other around Brian's heaving chest. Justin whispered 'I love you,' again and again until the heaving stopped and Brian was calm.

"Justin."

"Hmm."

"Make love to me."

Without hesitation, Justin complied, making love to his cave man with a passion equaled only by Brian. Afterwards, the lovers fell into a deep sated sleep.