- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

Brian sat behind his desk thinking about all that had happened over the last few days. He’d moved into Master’s…no he’d moved into their place. It was still weird thinking about that, but every measure had been taken to make him feel comfortable and at home. He’d even been offered the opportunity to completely redecorate the apartment, but he liked it just the way it was. He’d added a few of his things throughout the space and everything just seemed to mesh together. He just couldn’t help feeling like he was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Things just seemed to be going too well.

He’d pretty much ignored the gang, with the exception of Theodore, since the big confrontation at Deb’s dinner. His days started with mind blowing sex, a half hour Capoeira workout with Master, a shower with more mind blowing sex, breakfast, and then he’d leave for work. Why had he always believed that schedules were boring and predictable? It was such a relief to know what to expect at any given time. He also liked the way Master made him feel like the most prized possession in the world. He’d never had anyone put him first in their life before. It was showing in his attitude, as well. He knew he was changing. He felt so much more confident and in control at work which showed in how he dealt with his employees and clients. He laughed more and stressed less. He wasn’t alone anymore.

Brian looked up as Ted entered his office. "Hey Bri, are you coming to the dinner this weekend?"

"I don’t think so, Theodore. I have plans."

Ted fidgeted a bit and cleared his throat. "Well, see Bri, everyone expects me to make sure you show up for the dinner."

Brian leaned back in his chair and brought both his hands up to rest on either side of his head as he studied Ted. He didn’t want to lose all his friends or his so-called family, but he didn’t want to have to live with their condemnations either. He sighed and met Ted’s gaze. "What am I supposed to do, Theodore? I’m in the middle of something important, and I don’t want to fuck it up."

Ted sat on the corner of Brian’s desk and studied his boss intently. He knew something was up with the man, but he had no idea what it was. He really didn’t care because his friend seemed happier than he’d ever seen him. "I’ll just tell everyone that you are out of town on business. Oh, and just between you and me, it’s nobody else’s business what you do with your life."

Before Brian could answer, the door to his office opened, and in walked Miguel. "Hello gorgeous, I’m here to save you from boredom and whisk you off to lunch." He looked at Ted and smiled sticking his hand out with a flourish. "Miguel Barton, artist extraordinaire, at your service sweetie, and you might be?"

Ted swallowed nervously, took the stunning blonde’s hand, and stammered, "T-Ted Schmidt."

"Mmmm, I just love a man with strong hands." Miguel turned, winked, and continued, "Don’t you Brian?"

"Miguel, stop flirting with my employee."

Miguel reluctantly drew his hand away, sighed dramatically, and plopped down in one of the expensive leather chairs. "Awww, you have to take the fun outta everything, Brian"

"I’ll just leave you to your guest, Brian." Ted headed for the door.

"Now don’t leave on my account, sweetie. Besides, I’m taking Mr. long, lean, and scrumptious to lunch."

As soon as Ted was out of the office, Brian growled, "What the hell do you think you are doing, mouse?"

"I’m trying to take your grouchy ass out to lunch, so let’s go."

"I don’t have time to drop everything and go traipsing all over Liberty Avenue with you."

Miguel stood, shrugged his shoulders, and stated, "Fine, I’ll just tell Master Web that you were a complete ass, treated me like shit, and refused to even consider spending any time with me."

"Wait, Master sent you here?"

Miguel tilted his head, put his hands on his hips, and tapped his foot. "Now why else would I put myself through all this trouble if I hadn’t been asked by a dear friend? You’re pretty to look at and all, but you are definitely a sour puss."

"I’m sorry, mouse."

"Oh, and another thing, call me Miguel. When we aren’t in a safe environment with people who are into the scene, it’s just easier to use real names."

"Does that go for Master, too?"

"Absolutely, I refer to my Master as Jake at all times except when we are alone or with others from the lifestyle. I think you should get used to that as well."

Brian nodded and grabbed his cell phone. "Let’s get out of here."

They entered the restaurant and were quickly seated. As soon as the orders had been placed and their drinks served, Miguel asked, "Do you have any questions you’d like to ask me?"

Brian thought about things for a moment remembering how Jake had treated Miguel. "I was just wondering how you could put up with Jake and his high-handed ways. He’s a real bastard, isn’t he?"

Miguel’s body stiffened and his clear blue eyes clouded with anger, "How can you put up with Sunshine and his laid back ways? I mean to me, he’s a real wuss."

Brian leaned across the table and growled in a low, menacing voice, "Where do you get off calling him a wuss, at least he's human, which is more than I can say for Jakey boy."

"Let's get something straight really quick. I won't put up with you speaking about my Master in a disrespectful manner. I owe you an apology for my slight against Master Web, but you owe me one as well. My relationship with Jake is not up for you to judge or to question is that understood?"

Brian took a deep breath and nodded. "You’re right. I should have never said anything about Jake to you."

Miguel grinned. "Look, our lifestyle is just like anything else, different strokes for different folks. I would never be happy with Master Web because I think he’s too easy. I mean he let’s you get away with murder. He dotes on you to the point of him being the sub. I’d just never be truly happy, because I like a firm hand. I like the control Master Stark exercises."

Brian sighed. "I guess it is different strokes because there is no way I could live with someone who ordered me around the way Master Stark orders you."

"Well, I guess Jake can come across as harsh, especially to someone new to the lifestyle, but believe me, I couldn’t have a more perfect Master. He challenges me, pushes me, takes care of me, and always gives me what I need."

Brian couldn’t help it. He smiled. He found that he really liked Miguel. The man was intelligent, articulate, funny, and easy to talk to. He reminded him so much of Justin. Yes, he could call him Justin now. He’d always think of him as Master, but it was safe to call him Justin. "I know exactly what you mean. Justin always knows what I want, sometimes before I do."

"Well, that’s what makes them good Doms." Miguel winked at Brian.

They finished their meal and talked about everything from punishments to rewards. Brian was happy to learn that even a hard-ass Dom like Jake gave Miguel a lot of freedom and choices. He was slowly beginning to realize that this lifestyle was nothing like most people perceived it to be, and being a submissive was definitely not considered a weak position by those in the lifestyle. As a matter of fact, according to Miguel, the sub was solely responsible for setting the limits to all play. This had definitely been a very informative lunch. "Thanks for talking with me."

"Hey, don’t mention it, sugar. Besides, subs have to stick together. It’s hard work keeping our big, bad Doms in line." Miguel gave Brian’s hand a pat and laughed.

Brian finished his day at work and headed home. He was really glad he’d gotten to spend the day with Miguel. A lot of his questions had been answered and he felt that maybe he was making a new friend. However, he was still a bit unsettled by the fact that Jake was going to be hanging around. He just knew that guy still had designs on Justin. He’d just have to keep his eyes open.

As soon as he entered the apartment, Justin greeted him. "Hey cookie, listen, we need to go to dinner at Debbie’s tonight."

Brian groaned, "Must we?"

"I figure we may as well get it over with."

"Just let me change." Brian headed for the bedroom. He wasn’t looking forward to this confrontation, but at least, he’d have someone there on his side.

They arrived at Debbie’s at precisely seven. It was probably one of a few times Brian had actually been on time. He wasn’t surprised to see that most everyone else was already there, probably talking about him. He opened the door and led Justin inside.

Just as before, all discussion stopped when they entered the room. "Well, is it my magnificent presence or are you all just awed by the beautiful blonde next to me?"

"What the hell did you bring him for, Brian?" Michael sputtered indignantly.

"What the hell did you bring Ben for, Mikey?" Brian replied.

"Ben is my husband. He has the right to be here. You have never brought a trick to family dinner before, Brian."

"I still haven’t, Mikey. Justin, I’d like you to meet my friends. That’s Michael and his partner Ben, Theodore and his partner Blake, Emmett and his partner Drew, Mel and Linz you already know, and that’s Debbie and her partner Carl. Oh the young menace over there is the littlest hustler, Mikey and Ben’s foster child, Hunter. Everyone, this is Justin, my partner."

The eruption of questions was almost deafening. Brian put his arm around Justin’s shoulders and gave a gentle squeeze. "Are you having fun yet?"

Justin winked at Brian. "Oh yeah, I’m having a blast."

Brian heard the wail of the baby from coming from his portable crib. He walked over and picked his son up and whispered, "It’s alright Sonny Boy, Daddy’s here." He walked back over to Justin carrying Gus. "Hey Gus, do you remember Justin?"

Justin ignored all the questions being fired off by everyone, leaned over, and kissed the top of the baby’s head. "Hey Gus, did you know you look just like your Daddy?"

Lindsay walked over and took the baby from Brian carrying him back over next to Mel. "I think you have some explaining to do, Brian."

Justin placed a hand on the small of Brian’s back before facing the gathered people. "There is nothing to explain. Brian and I are together and that’s all you need to know."

"Why was he calling you Master?" Michael asked in a very whiney voice.

"Would you prefer it if he called me love muffin?" Justin asked.

Mel shook her head. "Leave it to Brian to go from being an uncaring asshole to a weird-ass all at once."

Justin faced the dark haired woman and in a very sweet voice replied, "While there are many, many things I’ve admired about Brian’s ass, being weird was never one of them."

Ted stepped forward and shook Justin’s hand. "I, for one, am really happy for you, Brian."

Emmett wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders and said, "I’m happy for both of you, but Brian, where did you find this delicious blonde?"

Brian removed Emmett’s arms from around Justin’s shoulders and growled, "He’s taken."

"Well personally I think it’s disgusting. How can you even come in here and act like nothing is wrong while you do all that perverted shit." Michael was indignant.

Justin growled at Michael, "The way we choose to live our lives is none of your business, and you certainly don’t have the right to criticize us."

Ben leaned forward and stated, "Good for you, Brian."

"Ben! How could you encourage this type of behavior? It’s disgusting," Michael huffed.

Justin met Michael’s gaze and asked heatedly, "Oh, you mean like being fags is disgusting to some people?" He turned and looked at Melanie and Lindz and asked, "Like muff diving is disgusting to straight women and gay men alike?" He faced off against the whole group. "Just what is it that you find so disgusting? You mean none of you has tried being tied to a bed before?"

Carl spoke up and stated, "I say whatever floats your boat."

"Carl!" Debbie screeched as she popped him on the back of the head. "This is a little different from sucking cock and taking it up the ass!"

Justin looked at Debbie and smiled. "Actually, it isn’t much different than sucking cock and taking it up the ass, we just prefer to vastly expand and improve the technique." He’d had enough. It was time to put a stop to all this. "It’s like this people, Brian is with me and we’ll live our lives as we see fit. Now, we can either be a part of your lives or not. The choice is yours."

Michael stared daggers at the blonde interloper. "You can’t stop Brian from seeing us, I’m his best friend, and we are his family."

Justin sighed. "Actually I can, but I won’t.

Brian was disgusted beyond words. "Why can't you just be happy for me? Why can't you for once, just accept that I'm where I want to be, and support my decision? You say you are my family. You claim to love me. So, why is it so hard for you to accept that maybe, just maybe, I'm not as fucked up as you seem to think. Is it asking too much to expect my so-called friends and family to be glad that I've found someone and that I'm finally happy?"

Justin put his arm around Brian’s waist, took one last look at the group of people that were supposed to be his boy’s family, and started to steer him toward the door. "Come on, Brian, we’re done here."