- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

“The mayor owes you a favor?” Brad asks me. 

 

“I made sure he got elected and he knows it. One thing about Deekins is that he's honest. You bringing him the tape and Carl bringing him the file on Justin’s case will hopefully be enough for him to have internal affairs look into it.” I tell him. 

 

“Lindsay, do you know where Mel is right now?” Brad asks.

 

“Most likely talking to Ron, trying to get their stories straight.” She tells him. 

 

“It won’t help either of them. If it was just about the adoption, they would have gotten fined and a slap on the wrist. Ron should have told Brian he couldn’t represent him, but even that could be overlooked, if he does the right thing now. Mel’s career is in the toilet no matter what she does. No one is going to want her in their firm because she knowingly broke the law.” Brad tells her. 

 

“Brad and I are going to visit Deekins. Brian, take your family home, because I'm going to deal with this for you.” Carl tells me. 

 

“If you need Justin or me just call and we'll show.” I tell him. 

 

“Lindsay, what is going to happen with Jenny?” Deb asks.

 

“I don’t know, I was hoping you and Carl could keep her. I'm not anything more than her guardian. Mel and Michael made sure of that.” She tells Deb. 

 

“Mel is going to be prosecuted, but Michael could try to take her.” Brad tells us.

 

“Michael couldn't take care of a goldfish.” Deb tells him. 

 

“If he can prove that he has a suitable home, he'll get custody.” Brad tells her. 

 

“He lives in a one room apartment above his comic shop. I wouldn't let him live here because I wanted him to take care of himself.” Deb tells him. 

 

“The only other possibility would be if Mel's family wanted Jenny.” Brad tells her. 

 

“They don't, because they don't approve of her life or the way Jenny was conceived.” Lindsay tells him. 

 

“Then the only people Deb would fight are Michael and Mel. Brian you'll have custody of Gus when Lindsay tells Child Services she wants to give up her rights to you. Mel won't fight it because she will have more than enough other things to worry about.” He tells us. 

 

“Justin, get the boys, I want to go home.” I tell him. 

 

“I want to have a family dinner soon to welcome Sunshine and Jacob home.” Deb tells me. 

 

We let the boys say goodbye to Jenny and the grandparents. Lindsay tells me she'll take care of Child Services tomorrow. Brad tells her he'll be there with the paperwork transferring her custody of Gus to me. Justin’s mother asked to talk to us outside before we go.

 

“Justin, I'll understand if you're angry with me.” She tells him. 

 

“I don’t know what knowing would have changed, but I wish you both hadn’t keep it from me. It’s the past, so let's leave it there. Brian forgave me for my selfish decision, so I forgive both of you for not telling me.” Justin tells her. 

 

We finally get in the car to leave. I need to get Justin to forgive himself for running away. We have a new start, and the baggage needs to be left in the past too.

 

MEL

 

When I got back from talking to Ron, Lindsay and Jenny were gone. I tried her phone but it was ringing on the other side of the room. I look for something to tell me where she went, which is when I notice all of her and Jenny’s things are gone. If she took off to Brian’s with my daughter, I'm going to charge them both with kidnapping. My child isn't going to be around that asshole. 

 

I waited until it got dark and decided to go look for her. I decided to start at Brian’s loft. I pulled up to see Michael sitting on the steps. He looked up, walked to the car and got in.

 

“Fucking Gus is already with Brian.” He mumbles. 

 

“Guess your little plan didn’t work.” I sneer at him. 

 

“Kiss my ass, Mel. If you'd have been a better mother, it would have worked.” He tells me. 

 

“It wouldn’t have worked, because Brian can't stand you.” I tell him. 

 

“Looks like Lindsay can’t stand you either, she ran straight to Brian.” He tells me. 

 

“Where are they?” I ask him. 

 

“They were all at Ma’s house. Fucking Justin was there too. Ma kicked me out, saying no one wanted to listen to me lie to myself. “ He complains. 

 

“It's Jenny there?” I ask him.    

 

“Lost another kid?” He sneers. 

 

“I fucking left her with Lindsay.” I tell him. 

 

“Good job, now Ma is involved. She's still pissed at you about Brian.” He tells me. 

 

“It was none of her God damned business. I fucking moved so your mother would leave us alone. Now because Gus had to run away, I have to deal with your mother.” I tell him. 

 

“You don’t need to worry about her. I'm taking my daughter away from you.” He tells me. 

 

“You couldn’t take Jenny, unless you found somewhere to live other than that shitty apartment you live in.” I tell him. 

 

“I'll be able to afford a new place, because I'm going to sue you for child support.” He smirks. 

 

“Read your custody agreement. You already owe me child support. Which you haven’t paid.” I tell him. 

 

“We shared custody so I don't owe you shit.” He tells me. 

 

“You do, because the new agreement we signed when Lindsay and I moved stated you would support Jenny. Remember you wanted Lindsay taken off as a custodial parent, the new agreement made you and I responsible for supporting Jenny. Right now you owe three years of support. Which leaves me supporting your ass, in your dreams. Now get the fuck out, so I can get my daughter.” I tell him. 

 

Michael gets out and slams the door. He tries to kick the car but I was already peeling out. I watched as he fell on his ass. Lindsay better have a good fucking reason for going to Deb's.

 

JUSTIN 

 

Brian and I picked up dinner for the boys and waited for them to go to bed before we talked. 

 

“I can't believe Gus running away is bringing up all this crap.” I tell him. 

 

“I want to be there to see them all pay for that travesty of a trial.” He tells me. 

 

“What did you mean when you said you were keeping me safe?” I ask him. 

 

“I couldn’t stop what Hobbs did to you, staying with you every night was my way of protecting you. The nurses were the only ones who would tell me the truth about you. I made them tell me everything, so I’d know if you needed something.” He tells me. 

 

“In a way, you staying away made me work harder. I was determined to get well.” I tell him. 

 

“I always knew you would, you were unstoppable when you wanted something.” He tells me. 

 

“If I want you, will you stop me?” I ask him. 

 

“I never could stop you, and I'm not about to start now.” He tells me. 

 

I stand up hold out my hand, when Brian puts his hand in mine, I pull him to me. 

 

“It’s been a while.” I tell him. 

 

“It's been twelve years for us.” He tells me. 

 

He leans down and fuses our lips together. Brian runs his hand through my hair. I can feel when he touches the area that was damaged when Chris hit me. I grab his hand because it's the past and I don’t want him to think about it. We walk to his bedroom, and undress each other. 

 

“How long?” He asks me. 

 

“A year, just go slowly.” I tell him. 

 

“Like the first time.” He asks with a smile. 

 

“Not that slowly.” I joke.

 

Brian opens a drawer and pulls out condoms and lube, then he lays me back on the bed and runs his hands down my chest until he reaches the scar from having Jacob. 

 

“It's from having Jacob.” I tell him. 

 

He leans down and kisses the scar. “It's makes you more perfect.” He tells me. 

 

Brian continues down until he reaches my cock and licks the head while separating my cheeks to rub my entrance.  I feel him preparing me for him. I feel his fingers breach me as he uses his mouth on my cock. His fingers rub on the nerve endings that make it hard for me not to cum. I run my hands through his hair as he pleasures me. I know what he wants from me, so I enjoy his mouth and tongue until I feel my climax. I hold tight to his head as I unload my essence. He swallows all of it and crawls up to kiss me. I taste Brian and me as we lick each others tongues.

 

I lay there coming down, as Brian prepares to join us both. He rubs my entrance with his cock and begins pushing in. He stops when he's all the way in. I reach up and put my hands on his face and pull him down for another kiss. He pulls out slowly and thrusts back in as we stare into each other's eyes. I needed more and he changed his angle to hit my prostate with each inward thrust. I began moving with him. He clasps our hands over my head and starts moving faster. I could feel him swelling in me and wanted us to finish together. Brian makes sure to hit my sweet spot, holding off his orgasm until I finish. I finally feel my climax starting and Brian starts moving faster until I release all over my chest and thrusts one last time, falling on me as he finishes. 

 

We both lay there breathing hard. I didn’t want to move because I wanted to keep us joined. 

 

“We aren’t done.” He tells me.

 

“We never were.” I tell him. 

 

BRIAN 

 

I let Justin sleep and head to the kitchen to start the coffee. The boys should be up soon and want food. Gus and Jacob walk in and lay their heads on the table.   

 

“You could have stayed in bed.” I tell them.

 

“Jacob said Justin always cooks big breakfasts.” Gus mumbles without lifting his head.

 

“We’re really hungry.” Jacob tells me turning his head to look at me.

 

“I can make toast and cereal.” I tell them.

 

“Dad makes french toast, bacon, eggs. We want that.” He tells me. 

 

“I'm not much of a cook, your dad always did that.” I tell him. 

 

“I couldn't find him in his room, do you know where he is? I want him to feed me. Gus said you didn't cook, and I promised him my dad would.” He tells me. 

 

I look to see that Gus seems to have gone to sleep at the table. 

 

“Your dad is in my room.” I tell him. 

 

“Why?” Jacob asks.

 

“We wanted to sleep in the same room.” I tell him. 

 

“Why?” Gus asks with his eyes closed.

 

“It's what people in relationships do.” I tell them.

 

“But don't you end up all over each other? I like to stretch out all over the bed.” Jacob asks me. 

 

“Your Dad and I don't mind” I tell him, trying not to laugh.

 

“I'm never sharing my bed.” He tells me. 

 

“Me neither.” Gus mumbles. 

 

“You'll change your mind one day.” I tell them.

 

“Are you going to make us breakfast?” Jacob asks me. 

 

“NO, we'll end up eating stuff that’s good for us.” Gus tells Jacob. 

 

“You have real juice don't you?” Jacob asks me. 

 

“Not that guava stuff.” Gus tells me. 

 

I open the refrigerator and thank Justin and Daphne for putting orange juice in there. I pick it up and show the comedians the real juice. They both look relieved to see the orange.

 

Justin walks straight to the refrigerator and grabs eggs, bacon, and milk out. Then walks over to get the bread. I watch as he seems to be cooking in his sleep. I grab a cup of coffee and start reaching for the sugar. Justin grabs the cup and downs it. I refill it and wait to see if he's going to drink it too. When he leaves it alone I pull it to me and add sugar.

 

“Justin are you awake?” I ask him. 

 

“He always cooks like that.” Jacob informs me.

 

“Asleep?” I ask him.     

 

“I'm not asleep, I just don't want to open my eyes all the way.” He tells me. 

 

“How about enough that I don't think you're sleepwalking.” I tell him. 

 

“How about you sit down and shut up.” He tells me smiling.

 

“Daddy, it's better to leave him alone until he's eaten. Dad doesn't wake up till he's full.” Jacob tells me. 

 

“Me neither.” Gus tells him. 

 

Justin delivers everyone breakfast, toast for me. I watch as the sleepy heads eat with barely open eyes. At least breakfast will always be interesting.