- Text Size +

BRIAN

 

I was going to leave the whole Ben thing alone. Then when Ben came to town, he was calling Justin and Jacob and trying to make plans for them, without me. Ben didn’t seem to mind John tagging along but wasn't happy when I came too. I decided it was time for Ben and I to talk boundaries. I called and asked him to meet me at Woody’s. Justin told me that if I felt I needed to have this talk then talk away. I was sitting at the bar when Ben sat down and ordered us both a shot of Beam.

 

“To the winner.” Ben tells me.

 

“It was never a contest, he was always mine.” I tell him.

 

“I keep asking this, but why do they seem to always run to you?” Ben asks me.

 

“With Justin, it was just luck. I could have missed him completely the first night. I might have acted like I didn’t give a shit one way or the other if Justin stayed or went, but I wanted him to make his own decisions, so he didn’t regret staying with me.” I tell him.

 

“Why couldn’t I get lucky just once. I get HIV from my partner and then think I found the one in Michael but he was too busy being your number one fan.” He tells me.

 

“I couldn’t tell you professor. I spent my life being my father’s punching bag and my mother’s way of keeping the fucker. I just don’t dwell on it, having Justin helps.” I tell him.

 

“He’s like a breath of fresh air, there are no games. I wanted easy for once.” He tells me.

 

“Then you don’t really know Justin.” I tell him.

 

“He doesn’t play games.” He tells me.

 

“I’m talking about the easy part. He can be a giant asshole if you piss him off. Don’t even get me started on how he doesn’t always tell you what he’s doing.” I tell him.

 

“Brian, it won’t work. You won’t convince me that Justin is anything other than who he is.” He tells me.

 

“I was hoping to make this easier on you. Justin isn’t going to love you no matter what you do.” I tell him.

 

“I know he isn’t, and I can honestly say I was confusing his friendship for more. I just want someone who will put me first, the way he does you.” He tells me.

 

“Don’t know what to tell you there, like I said, I was one who got lucky that I saw him the first night.” I tell him.

 

“Now you get the kid and Justin.” He tells me.

 

“No thanks to you.” I tell him.

 

“Brian, he didn’t want to hear anything if it involved you and Michael. When I first saw him, he was smiling and happy. The minute I said anything about Michael, it’s like he was deflating in front of me. So I decided he was right and we didn’t need to talk about you.” He tells me.

 

“He had my child, you should have at least called me.” I tell him.

 

“I wasn’t going to do you any favors. I also talked to Daphne and was told that you didn’t need to be anywhere near Justin or Jacob.” He tells me.

 

“Daphne and I are fine now. She was protecting her friend. Am I pissed that she helped keep Jacob from me? Yes. But she was protecting them from someone who hurt Justin. You weren’t doing it for any reason but spite.” I tell him.

 

“I was, sorry but you didn’t deserve any help from me.” He tells me.

 

“I just need to know if you and I can get along for my son’s sake. Before you say anything, understand that Justin will never return your feelings.” I tell him.

 

“I can live with that as long as you don’t hurt him.” He tells me.

 

“I don’t plan on hurting him.” I tell him.

 

“Then explain John.” He tells me.

 

“That would be the twat’s idea. He thought you two could hook up. John can’t get past you dating Michael.” I tell him.

 

“Justin doesn’t seem to understand that I kind of go for twinks, not someone like you?” He asks me.

 

“The guys and I decided that Justin is the worst matchmaker in history.” I tell him.

 

“Yeah, don’t get me wrong, John’s nice to look at, but I like someone I can handle.” He tells me.

 

“Then look across the bar, the guy staring at you wouldn’t mind.” I tell him.

 

Ben looks over at the guy smiling at him. “Maybe he could leave the matchmaking up to you.” Ben tells me and smiles back. My work here is done.

 

JUSTIN

 

I was looking at the loft to see if this would work for a studio. John’s gallery would work to store things but I like privacy when I work. Brian told me he wanted to talk to Ben alone. I let him, because he and Ben need to find a way to get along. Mom wanted to take the boys and Jenny to the movies and have a slumber party with them, so I came to town to wait for Brian to get back. John was hanging out with Ted and Blake tonight, so Brian and I could have some time alone. When the buzzer rang, I was kind of surprised to hear it.

 

“Hello?” I ask

 

“Justin, could you let me up?” Michael asks me. 

 

“Why?” I ask him.

 

“I just wanted to talk to you alone.” He tells me.

 

I buzzed because Michael has been sticking to seeing Jenny and not bothering Brian. I guess quiet time is over. He came in with a bag of food and started putting it on the table.

 

“Are you planning a long talk?” I ask him.

 

“I haven’t eaten yet and I thought we could eat while I talk to you.” He tells me.

 

I sat down but waited for him to eat first because this was strange for Michael. When he dug in I grabbed a slice of the pizza and waited for Michael to tell me what he wanted.

 

“Do you think I’m a good dad?” He asks me. 

 

“You're doing something right, Jenny seems to think so.” I tell him.

 

“I just want her to love me.” He tells me.

 

“She does Michael, but be careful not to smother her.” I tell him. It was one of Deb’s biggest mistakes.

 

“I just want to be the dad I never had to her.” He tells me. Are we really having a conversation where he isn’t bitching at me?

 

“I’m going to ask you this and don’t take it as me bitching at you.” I tell him.

 

“Go ahead, you’d be the first person who didn’t bitch at me lately.” He tells me.

 

“Why didn’t you sell some of your collectables so you could afford a place for you and Jenny?” I ask him.

 

“They really aren’t collectables anymore. I bought replicas to replace the collectable ones, every time I needed money to visit Jenny.” He tells me.

 

“Then why not tell everyone? At least they wouldn’t think you thought your collectables were worth more to you than Jenny.” I ask him.

 

“I didn’t want anyone to know, the shop was barely making it.” He tells me.

 

“Michael, if the business isn’t working why are you still doing it?” I ask him.

 

“Everyone else was successful and I wanted to look as if I was doing well.” He tells me.

 

“How bad is it Michael?” I ask him.

 

“I’ll most likely have to close this year, no one is buying them from me when they’re cheaper at Big Q.” He tells me.

 

“Is there a reason you and I are talking like adults?” I ask him.

 

“Because of Jenny, she told me that she wanted us to get along.” He tells me.

 

“So you're doing this for Jenny?” I ask him.

 

“You and I are never going to agree that you’re the best for Brian. I know if given a chance we could have… No, I promised myself that this would be us getting along for my daughter.” He tells himself.

 

“Michael you need to understand that Brian and I are going to get married next weekend. To us it’s just a formality, we already feel married. I think you need to hear this and maybe you’ll finally see that he isn’t going to love you the way you want. Brian loves waking up in the morning just to watch our sleepy boys wake up for breakfast and a bright eyed Jenny raving about the waffles not being frozen. He likes that we live far enough away that he can walk the yard and hear the boys playing. He’s happy to just be. I give that to him.” I tell him.

 

“He never wanted that life.” He tells me.

 

“He did, he just didn’t know it was possible. He’s not going to be the guy who is the life of the party, tricking and drinking till dawn. He doesn’t have time to rescue you and Lindsay from the crap you get yourselves into. He has Gus, Jacob, and Jenny to think of first. Michael, your hero retired, it’s time to find someone to share your life with.” I tell him gently.

 

“I wanted him.” He tells me.

 

“It’s not possible. Look around your world and give yourself a chance with someone you can have.” I tell him.

 

“I don’t know how not to want him.” He tells me.

 

“I couldn’t tell you the answer to that either, I never stopped wanting him.” I tell him.

 

“Why couldn't  you be interested in someone else?” He pouts.

 

“I could ask you the same thing.” I tell him.

 

Michael starts eating and offers me a biscuit, wasn’t sure what caused the peace offering but hopefully he and I can get along to take care of Jenny.

 

Michael was leaving when Brian came in, I waited for Michael to do something. Michael simply nodded and left the loft.

 

“What the hell was he doing here?” Brian asks me. 

 

“He wanted to talk about Jenny.” I tell him. 

 

“Really, not about you disappearing from my life?” He asks me. 

 

“He stopped himself in the middle of explaining how he was better for you. I think Jenny told him she wants he and I to get along.” I tell him. 

 

“I guess we'll see if he listened to her.” He tells me. 

 

“How did it go with Ben?” I ask him. 

 

“He and I agree you shouldn't put matchmaking on your resume.” He smirks.

 

“It was just an idea.” I protest.

 

“He said John was too much like me. He likes twinks.” Brian tells me. 

 

“See, twink power is everywhere.” I tell him. 

 

Brian comes to me and maneuvers us towards the bedroom. I smile as I pull his shirt over his head. He undoes my belt and starts removing my pants and underwear. I stand as he pulls them down my legs. Looking down, he smiles as he kisses my cock. I run my hands through his hair. He pushes me on the bed and continues to blow my mind with his tongue. I lay there and realize he wanted me to cum first tonight. I start moving with his rhythm and moan as the man who knows just what to do to make my body play like a symphony continues to pleasure me. Just as I felt the beginnings of my body ready to give him what he was working for, Brian pulls off and grabs a condom. I grabbed his hand.

 

“When we decide we want this, we need to do it right.” He tells me. 

 

I let go of his hand and let him put the condom on, he's right, this is something we can't do spur of the moment. Brian pushes through my threshold and I loved the burn. We slowly moved together, watching each other. I felt more loved by him with each thrust. Brian leaned down and fused our lips together as we both felt the contraction of my climax coming. When I came he started moving faster to reach his peak. I felt him growing inside me and with a final thrust he found his completion.

 

“I want us to try for one more.” I tell him.