- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

The night before we were going to get married everyone wanted to get together at Babylon. Brian invited Miles because he said John practically had his tongue hanging out when they met. I told him I just wanted Ben to be happy. Brian pointed to Ben and Jerry. Okay, the guy’s name was actually Kevin, but they are giving me a toothache with all the kissing they seem to be doing. Michael wanted to come too, but Brian thought we should give John a break from his number one fan.

 

“Sure you aren’t jealous that Mikey’s got a new hero?” Emmett asked Brian.

 

“I kind of enjoy watching John play evade the whiner, but Miles might get laid if John isn’t looking for places to hide.” Brian smirks at me to make sure I remember who set John up.

 

“You don’t know for sure that it will work.” I tell him.

 

“I know better than to set up a guy with another guy who thinks he’s in love with me.” He tells me.

 

“Mr. Kinney, smug isn’t attractive.” I warn him.

 

“I didn’t say you were wrong to want to help your friend, just that you suck at matchmaking.” He tells me.

 

“Where is Michael anyway?” Ted asks us.

 

“Deb convinced Michael to stay with Jenny tonight.” I tell him.

 

“Wanna dance?” Blake asks me.

 

“Sure.” I tell him.

 

We go out to the dance floor and I watch John and Miles talk with their heads almost glued together. I can see why Brian would choose to put them together. I do suck at matchmaking because Ben looks like he could eat Kevin alive.

 

“Justin, Brian just watches people and sees what they need.” Blake tells me.

 

“I’m not really that upset about it. I just feel like an idiot thinking Ben and John could make a go of it.” I tell him.

 

“In a way it would be like a rerun, Brian was with both of them at one time.” He tells me.

 

“Yeah but neither of them thought it was a big deal.” I tell him.

 

“It was a big deal, I only pick prime pieces.” Brian says as he pulls me back to dance with him.

 

“I guess Justin is the best you had.” Blake teases.

 

“I’m marrying him in the morning, so yes he is.” Brian tells Blake as I turn and kiss him.

 

“God, I feel like this baby is jumping on my bladder every time I try to dance.” Emmett tells us.

 

“You still look good for being over half way through your pregnancy.” I tell him.

 

“My Emmett always looks good.” Drew tells me.

 

“Your Emmett is going to have to go back to the bathroom again. Come on Baby, you can tell me that this is normal.” Emmett drags me out of Brian’s arms.

 

“Emmett, I know you’ve been potty trained so Justin doesn’t need to go with you.” Brian tells him.

 

“You get to swear your eternal togetherness tomorrow, tonight he’s still free.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Just don’t lose him, I’ve waited twelve years for him to marry me.” Brian tells Emmett.

 

Emmett and I walk away from Brian and Drew. I couldn’t figure out why we weren’t headed to the bathroom, instead Emmett was dragging me out the door.

 

“Emmett where are we going?” I ask him.

 

“You are coming to my house and Brian is going home.” He tells me.

 

“Why are we going to your house?” I ask him stopping.

 

“I want you two to follow at least one tradition. Not seeing each other till the wedding.” He tells me.

 

“Emmett this is just to make it official, we said our vows while we were in New York.” I try to go back.

 

“That’s sweet, but I’m pregnant and determined to have my way. Blake is going to meet us at the car so we can go to my house and have a spa night. To make you even prettier for your wedding.” Emmett tells me as he yanks me to his car.

 

“Man, we better hurry. I think Brian figured out you didn’t take Justin to the restroom.” Blake rushes us in the car.

 

“Shit, buckle up because he’s made it out the door.” Emmett tells us as we peel out and head away from Brian.

 

Emmett’s phone rings and he puts it on speaker as he drives like an indy racer.

 

“Emmett you're carrying our son, you can’t drive like that.” Drew growls.

 

“I just wanted a clean get-away, I promise I’m driving normal now.” He lies.

 

“Brian told me to tell you you’re lucky I’m your husband because he would kill you for this.” Drew tells him.

 

“Tell Brian that I can handle anything he dishes out and as my loving partner, not my husband, you should be threatening to kick his ass.” Emmett tells him as we giggle.

 

“I could be both if you would just say yes.” He tells Emmett.

 

“Drew asked you and you haven’t said yes?” I ask him.

 

“I’ve been asking him for years, he’s the one telling me we need to wait.” Drew tells us.

 

“I’m not marching down an aisle looking like I have a beer gut. I want to look good when we get married.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Emmett you look perfect. You having our child inside you makes you even more gorgeous in my eyes.” Drew tells him.

 

“I love you.” Emmett tells Drew with tears as he slows the car down.

 

“I love you too. I’ll handle Brian tonight just take care of my reasons for being, you and our baby.” Drew tells him and hangs up.

 

“You really need to marry him.” Blake tells him.

 

“You and Ted seem to do fine without getting married.” Emmett tells Blake.

 

“We got married last week.” Blake tells us.

 

“You didn’t tell us.” Emmett swerves and then dials his phone.

 

“Emmett, Brian is going to kill you.” Ted tells him over the speaker.

 

“How could you not tell me you got married?” Emmett yells at him.

 

“Blake, I told you not to tell him yet.” Ted tells Blake.

 

“I’m trying to convince him to marry Drew. He tried to point out that we didn’t get married.” Blake tells Ted.

 

“Congratulations Ted.” I call out.

 

“Thanks, um I need to help Drew keep Brian from running after you guys, so I’ll see you later.” Ted hangs up.

 

“I’m surprised Brian isn’t calling to order us to take you back.” Emmett tells me.

 

We get to Emmett’s house and he rushes us in and locks his door.

 

“Emmett, we aren’t going to be invaded.” Blake tells him.

 

“Have you met Brian Kinney, because we just kidnapped Justin? You honestly think he isn’t trying to figure out a way to get him back.” Emmett tells us as we head to the kitchen.

 

“I really wanted to be with Brian.” I started whining.

 

“You do Michael so well, and that wasn’t a compliment.” Blake smirks.

 

We sat around eating the snacks Emmett had waiting for us and he tries to do facials. I just couldn’t put green goop on my face. Blake told him that if it left him green he was going to get him back in five months.

 

BRIAN

 

I should have known that Emmett was up to something. It was the minute Blake took off and Ted was trying to keep a straight face.

 

“You are going to help me scale the walls to the fortress.” I tell Ted and John.

 

“Brian, it’s just one night.” Drew tells me.

 

“You like sleeping alone?” I ask him.

 

“I get it, but Emmett wants you two to at least observe one tradition, since you two seem to do everything out of order.” Drew tells me.

 

“I plan to keep doing it that way. I got my kids and Justin that way so why screw it up.” I tell him.

 

“We might as well help him.” John tells us.

 

“I promised that I wouldn’t open the gate.” Drew tells us.

 

“Like I said, scale the walls. It would be boring if we just walked in.” I tell him.

 

We head over to the house a couple hours and shots later. We were all staring at the fence around the house.

 

“Is there some reason you put up a eight foot fence?” I ask him.

 

“So crazies didn’t get in.” Drew tells me, drinking his beer.

 

“Brian, you’ll see him tomorrow, let's get you home so we don’t look like we never slept. You don’t want to look like shit in the pictures.” Ted tells me.

 

“I can airbrush it.” John tells us while sitting on the hood of Drew’s car with Miles.

 

“You aren’t helping.” Ted growls at John.

 

“Dude, did you honestly think that keeping those two apart was a great idea?” John snorts.

 

“See, that’s what I’ve been saying.” I tell Ted.

 

“Well genius, how do we get over the wall?” Ted asks me.

 

“You don’t, you come in the front.” We hear from the other side of the fence.

 

“Does Emmett know you're helping Brian?” Ted ask Blake.

 

“Justin’s been pouting, whining, and trying to convince us that he can’t sleep without Brian next to him. Emmett decided if you show, Brian can stay until Justin is asleep.” Blake tells us.

 

“Keep Emmett busy, cause I’m about to kidnap my Sunshine.” I  tell them all.

 

“Brian you can’t drive, you’ve been drinking all night.” Ted tells him.

 

“The loft is only a few miles away, why do you think I brought you? Once you get us there you can go play hubby to Blake. Stay here and have the car ready to go.” I tell him.

 

“Just come on, I honestly would like to get home tonight.” Blake tells me.

 

“Then why did you help Emmett?” Ted asks him.

 

“I wanted to see Brian chase someone. It was something I never thought we’d see.” He tells us smiling.

 

We walk through the gate and I see Justin standing there smiling when I come through the door.

 

“Just one night, that was all I wanted. Baby is going to be yours the rest of your life, I wanted to take care of him.” Emmett complains.

 

“You have a baby of your own, Justin’s mine.” I tell him.

 

“Fine you can stay until we go to bed.” Emmett tells me and turns to the kitchen. 

 

I hold out my hand to Justin who runs to me and we run out the door to a yelling Emmett. We laugh as we head out the gate and into the getaway car. Ted peels out as Emmett gets to the gate and waves at us with a smile. My phone rings and I answer Emmett.

 

“You alway said never to chase after anyone.” He tells me.

 

“I never had anyone I wanted to chase until him.” I tell Emmett while looking at the man I love.