- Text Size +

JUSTIN 

 

I was still lying in bed when I heard the loft door open.

 

“I was nice enough not to interrupt you two last night, so out you go. The kids are waiting for you.” I hear Emmett tell Brian. 

 

“Nice is what you call trying to keep us apart last night?” Brian asks him. 

 

“Like I really thought you wouldn’t show up. We just wanted you to chase him.” Emmett tells him. 

 

“Justin, I'll see you at the house, I'll be the best looking guy there.” Brian tells me as he walks out with Drew.

 

“Get out of bed, we have a lot to do.” He tells me. 

 

“Emmett we are only having a dinner and ceremony. It's not like what you do.” I tell him. 

 

“You still need to get dressed and we're having a lunch with Daphne and the grandmothers.” He tells me. 

 

“Why are you acting like this is such a big deal? Brian and I are happy with simple.” I ask him. 

 

“Oh God, it's just that for a long time I honestly never thought any of us would get a happily ever after. Michael couldn’t keep a relationship. Ted was constantly screwing up relationships. I was with a series of loser after loser. Then this adorable kid managed to do the impossible, he kept Brian Kinney. You gave me hope, then it vanished when you left. I stopped believing it was possible. I looked at the people I helped get married and saw the stars you got in your eyes when you used to look at Brian. Then they’re hiring me to throw a divorce party and the next wedding. It's why I haven’t said yes to Drew. I know I want to though, because when you came home, I got to see the look of real love, not only in your face, but in Brian’s. Twelve years didn’t matter to either of you, just that you share the same breathing space.” He tells me. 

 

“Instead of living through us, live it with Drew.” I tell him. 

 

“I will, but could you at least let me share some of yours, it's too beautiful not to share?” He asks me. 

 

“As long as you get me there on time, I'm in.” I hug one of my biggest supporters.

 

Emmett tells me that the suits were delivered to my house, and suddenly I realized everything is changing. It's our house, they're our kids, and I'm about to have the husband I always wanted. Suddenly getting out of bed seems like the biggest moment of my life. 

 

I jump out of bed and rush to the shower. 

 

“You don’t have to be in that big of a rush, we have an hour before we meet everyone.” He tells me. 

 

“Emmett, I'm about to get my happily ever after, there's every reason to rush.” I yell from the shower.

 

“You just realized that?” He asks me. 

 

“You just reminded me.” I tell him. 

 

BRIAN 

 

Drew and I got to the house to see three excited kids and… Michael? I look at Drew trying to figure out why Michael is here.

 

“He volunteered to help with the kids.” Drew tells me.

 

“Who thought that was a good idea?” I ask him. 

 

“Jen. She said Michael needs to see that this is the life you want, not the one he thinks.” He tells me. 

 

“He fucks up this day for us and my mother-in-law is going to eat her words.” I tell him. 

 

“Don't worry about it, team Kinney is here to back you up.” He nods to John and Ted.

 

“Then let's get this show on the road. Ted did you pick up the rings?” I ask him. 

 

“In my pocket along with the other thing you wanted.” Ted tells me. 

 

“Emmett has the dinner set up with the food I wanted?” I ask Drew.

 

“Yeah, but even I'm confused at the choices.” He tells me. 

 

“Just trust me, Justin will get it.” I tell him. 

 

“John, did they get the song list I wanted?” I ask him. 

 

“Your DJ said your wish list is ready.” He tells me. 

 

“You know Justin thinks you two weren’t going to a lot of trouble for this?” Ted tells me. 

 

“You understand that I'm marrying the man who is going to be with me the rest of my life.” I tell him. 

 

“That’s Brian Kinney, he doesn’t do anything halfway.” Michael says from the doorway to the living room.

 

“No, not if it's about Justin.” I tell my one time best friend.

 

“Why wouldn't you love him? You always have and always will.” Michael says with a touch of melancholy.

 

“I always hoped my best friend would stand by me when I married Justin.” I tell him. 

 

“I'd be proud to prove I deserve the title.” He tells me. 

 

I walk over to him and stare at the man that at one time I considered my closest confidant and can see he believes Justin and I belong together. 

 

“Welcome back Mikey.” I whisper hugging him.

 

“I finally left wonderland and came home.” He whispers back.

 

“Then show me you can be happy for me and stand next to Ted when I marry the only man I could ever give my heart to.” I tell him. 

 

“No, I have to be next to Justin, he deserves to have me show him that I can be a better person. Daphne told me it was okay.” He tells me. 

 

“Enough expressing our feelings, let's get the streetlight up.” I tell them.

 

“I thought he was kidding about that?” John asks them.

 

“He better not be, it took all kinds of favors to get that streetlight here. We had to promise it would be put back tomorrow.” Drew tells him. 

 

JUSTIN 

 

Emmett and I meet Mom, Daphne, Molly, and Deb for lunch. I was really ready to go to the house but Emmett told me everything was being done and to relax. Daphne seemed wary for some reason.        

 

“Just tell him.” Molly tells her.

 

“Don’t get mad, but Michael wanted to stand with you and I when you marry Brian.” She tells me. 

 

“Really?” I ask her. 

 

“He talked to me and Jen and told us that you deserve his support for the shit he did to you. Normally I'd tell him to jump off a building, but he really seemed sincere.” She tells me. 

 

“Sunshine, I think he finally sees the only reason he never got Brian is because of him, not you.” Deb tells me. 

 

“I also told him that if he fucks this up, I'd make sure this high pitched whine has a permanent reason.” My mother smirks.

 

“Mother Tanner, you are the coolest, will you be my son's grandmother too.” Emmett asks her.

 

“It will be my honor and privilege to keep your son from cursing like Grandma Deb.” She tells him and gets up to hug him.

 

“Well then, let's eat before we enter the history books for the marriage no one ever thought could happen.” Emmett holds up his glass to toast.

 

BRIAN 

 

“Daddy, why does the backyard look like a street?” Jacob asks me. 

 

“I wanted to recreate my first night with Dad.” I tell him. 

 

“So, do Emmett, Ted, and I get to stand on the sidewalk cussing you out?” Michael asks smiling. 

 

“You cuss? Cause Grandma Jen told Jacob and me we could only cuss if we explain why.” Gus asks him. 

 

“No cussing, last thing you want is a bar of soap in your mouth.” I tell him. 

 

“I get to be a princess tonight.” Jenny tells us. 

 

“You'll always be a princess, baby.” Michael tells her. 

 

“Tonight you're going to a fairy princess.” I tell her. 

 

“I am, how?” She asks me.

 

“Uncle Drew got you a wand that shoots out confetti at everyone. So make sure to hit your dad with it.” I tell her smirking at Michael.

 

“Him or the other dad?” She asks me pointing at Michael.

 

“Your dad, let's leave your Jus as pretty as you always tell me he is.” I tell her.

 

“Maybe it would be easier if she called him Daddy Jus.” Michael offers.

 

“I think Justin likes that she calls him her Jus.” I tell Michael.

 

“I want her to be as happy as she makes me.” He tells me.

 

“Let’s go look at the cake again, why is there a pole on top again?” Jacob asks us.

 

“To hold it together.” Michael hurries out.

 

“Yeah it’s kind of big so that makes sense.” Jenny tells us as she and the boys take off.

 

“Brian they are on their way, so if you want this to be a surprise, someone has to keep Justin away from the back.” Drew tells me.

 

“Don’t worry, Emmett and I are going to whisk him to the front bedroom.” Blake tells me.

 

“You think this is too much?” I ask Michael as we look at my backyard turned into the street in front of Babylon.

 

“As you told me your first morning with Justin, it’s never enough.” He smiles at me.

 

I run up to get dressed and hear Justin ask why he’s wearing flannel to his wedding.

 

“Brian wanted you to be casual.” Emmett tells him.

 

“I thought we’d wear dress shirts and pants at least.” He tells Emmett.

 

“Look you can change if you don’t like it when we get down there.” Emmett tells him.

 

I run in and get dressed in the outfit that still fits after all these years. Michael is waiting for me when I walk out and I grab him and we run down the stairs to celebrate everything good in my life.

 

JUSTIN

 

I know I said casual, but even I have to wonder about jeans, T Shirt, and flannel. Emmett insisted that I at least wear it until I see what everyone else is wearing. Emmett gets dressed in leather pants and a pink shirt. Blake grabs jeans and a T shirt so at least I’m not the only one feeling underdressed. 

 

“Justin, everything is ready.” Daphne tells me as she opens the door.

 

“I know I wanted simple, but I didn’t mean dress down.” I tell her.

 

“Justin we are all coming back to get dressed for the ceremony after.” She tells me.

 

“Why not do it now?” I ask her.

 

“Look princess, he wanted to do this for you, so just march down there and see what the man you love has been working on for you.” Daphne tells me pointing down the stairs.

 

“Wow Daphne, that was kind of hot.” Emmett tells her.

 

“Thomas thinks so.” She smirks.

 

We all walk down to see the boys dressed in jeans and T shirts with a shirt like Brian used to wear when we went out. 

 

“Who styled your hair?” I ask them.

 

“Daddy told us we are never too young to have the world know we have style.” Jacob tells me.

 

“You ready, because we want the cake?” Gus tells me.

 

The boys open the door and Emmett runs past me to stand with Ted and Michael. I look at the streetlight that looks like the one across the street from Babylon. Brian is standing there waiting for me. I walk over to him and looking at the whole yard that looks like the front of Babylon. When I get to him I ask him the one thing that I’m curious about.

 

“How did you make the grass look like a road?” I ask him.

 

“Drew told me we could get chalk that would wash out and change the color, so, street.” He tells me.

 

“Since no one told me what to do, what am I doing, are you going to tell me?” I ask him looking at everyone standing around watching us.

 

“Ask me.” He tells me and I get it.

 

“How’s it going? Had a busy night?” I ask him.

 

“Just, Uh, checking out the bars, you know? Boytoy, Meathook.” He tells me.

 

“The Meathook. Really? So you're into leather?” I ask him.

 

“Sure.” He tells me.

 

“Where you headed?” I ask him.

 

“No place special.” He tells me.

 

“I can change that.” I tell him.

 

“You already did.” He leans in and kisses me to the hooting and hollering in the background.

 

Brian and I wandered around so I could see the things that were set up in the yard.

 

“We are still having dinner first, but I wanted our kids to see us, when we met.” Brian tells me.

 

“As long as they don’t see us later at the loft, this was perfect.” I tell him.

 

“Would you object to us staying dressed like this tonight, I want us to get married the way we started.” He asks me.

 

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Mr. Kinney.” I tell him.

 

Dinner was Jambalaya and Thai food. I almost laughed at Emmett asking everyone why on earth would anyone serve something so different.

 

“The first meal Justin and I ate as a couple, because that was what we were then, was Jambalaya. So I wanted everyone to taste what I tasted my first meal, from Justin. You can thank Jen for making this because I wanted Justin to just enjoy his day. The Thai is because it was my contribution to dinner, since I don’t cook, at all.” Brian tells everyone. 

 

The kids seem to like all of it. I was happy that Brian ate the Jambalaya and not the Thai. 

 

When it was time for the ceremony, Drew and a couple of guys from his team moved the streetlight and put up a tent that was covered in ocean blue cloth and lights all along the edges. Emmett’s assistant, Charles, was putting yellow gerber daisies in huge urns around the inside. It was pretty but even I wondered what Brian was thinking.

 

We walked up to the tent where Blake stood to marry us. 

 

“Justin, Brian wanted to celebrate this night surrounded by his Sunshine, the daisies, and the color he sees when he looks into your eyes. He wanted to make sure you know that these things always reminded him of you when he saw them.” Blake tells us as Emmett starts crying loudly.

 

“These da… darn hormones are going to be the death of me, go on.” Emmett tells everyone.

 

“Justin do you take Brian to be your everything?” Blake asks me.

 

“I do.” I tell Brian.

 

“Brian do you take Justin to be your everything?” Blake asks Brian.

 

“Forever.” Brian tells me.

 

“Ted and Michael can you give them the rings to show the joining of Brian and Justin.” Ted hands Brian my ring.

 

Michael walks over and hugs me whispering, “I was wrong, you were always the best choice. Forgive me someday?”

 

“I already have, Mikey.” I whisper to him. Michael smiles at me and stands back next to Daphne who put her arm through his.

 

Brian and I put the rings on and turn to Blake.

 

“Then I pronounce you married you can kiss the sh… him.” Blake tells us as everyone laughs.

 

“Before I do that I have one more thing to give Justin.” Brian tells me.

 

“Justin this used to be a symbol of freedom to do as I please, to me. Now it’s a symbol of my freedom to love you.” He tells me and slips his cowrie bracelet on me.

 

“I love you Mr. Taylor-Kinney.” I tell him.

 

“I love you Mr. Kinney-Taylor.” Brian tells me.

 

As we walk away, Jenny and the boys are looking at a baton and pushing on the handle.

 

“I think it’s broken.” Jenny complains.

 

“No, there has to be a button.” Gus tells her.

 

“Maybe you hit things and it goes off.” Jacob tells them.

 

“Wait, let me show…” Michael says as he gets hit by a massive amount of confetti.

 

“I found the button… opps sorry dad.” Jenny tells Michael who starts laughing and picks up his daughter and helps her rain confetti all over everyone.