- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After thinking long about this I decided to give you your wish cookiebun

JUSTIN

 

I told myself I love this man, but even that's a bit shaky right now. His queening out over ten pounds made me reevaluate the idea that Brian could do this.

 

“Mr Kinney, you should be twice your weight at seven months.” The doctor tells him.

 

“I'm just trying to figure out how I gained ten pounds in a month.” Brian tells him.

 

“The babies are growing, so you're gaining weight.” I tell him slowly. 

 

“I have managed to only put on ten pounds in six months and suddenly I gain ten more in one. YOU CAN'T SAY THAT MAKES ANY SENSE.” He yells at us.

 

“Mr Kinney it's normal for you to gain weight. It’s the weight of the babies.” The doctor tells him.

 

“Do you understand that this body was crafted to be perfect? Ten pounds will ruin the lines on the Armani suit I just had made.” Brian  complains. 

 

“I'm so sorry our children are ruining your fashion statement.” I sneer and get up and leave the office. 

 

I waited outside for Brian to waddle his butt to the car. I see Brian pouting when he comes outside. I waited for him to get to the car and opened his door. He sits down and watches as I walk around and get in the driver's side.   

 

“Are you going to pout the whole way home?” I ask him. 

 

“YES!” He shouts and turns to look out the car window.

 

“Then you can stay at Michael and Ben’s house.” I tell him. 

 

“This is all your fault.” Brian pouts.

 

“Yes, so you've told me.” I tell him. 

 

“I just wanted to make sure you know.” He tells me. 

 

“How could I forget, you're whining about it every minute of the day.” I tell him. 

 

“I want to go home.” He tells me. 

 

“Fine we'll go home.” I tell him smiling. 

 

“Thanks for not kissing my ass.” He tells me. 

 

“I decided that you have too many people kissing your ass already. Unlike them, I know you well enough to know you’re using this to get them to do your bidding.” I tell him. 

 

“You have to admit it's fun to watch everyone scrambling to take care of me.” He tells me. 

 

“I still don’t understand how they haven't figured out that you're fucking with them. Although telling them that your children will not wear discount retail was genius.” I tell him. 

 

“It got them to stop buying clothes with all the fucking clowns on them. Who likes creepy ass clowns?” Brian shivers.

 

Brian apparently has a phobia of clowns. He told everyone one more outfit with a clown on it and we were moving to New York. I agreed when Deb showed up with two outfits that had a clown face on the back of the pants with the saying “hope you appreciate my present” and the clown with a creepy smile. What would make someone create something like that, or Deb to think Brian would love it?

 

“Can we stop at the store?” He asks me. 

 

“Brian, the woman there is ready to kick our asses. You keep changing your mind about the cribs.” I tell him. 

 

“They look like cages.” He tells me. 

 

“It's to keep the babies from falling.” I tell him. 

 

“Wouldn’t it be better for them to sleep with us?” He asks me. 

 

“We've talked about this, the babies need to sleep in their own beds.” I tell him. 

 

“I want them close by, not in another room.” He tells me. 

 

You know when I said I like Michael, well I changed my mind. He and Brian have been comparing books on parenting. Brian of course reads all the things that could go wrong and spends hours trying to find solutions to problems that don't exist. I keep telling myself two more months and then Brian will be normal again. Well I’m hoping so anyway.

 

“I just want to protect them and I can't if they are in the other room.” He tells me. 

 

“How about we go home and look at the room again. If I can't convince you the babies will be okay then we'll think about putting the cribs in our room.” I tell him. 

 

“At least there I can see them the whole time.” He mumbles.

 

We get to the house and everyone is waiting, the gang wanted to do something for Brian but we all know better than to throw a party. Brian finally explained why he hates celebrating anything, and if I could dig Jack up I would. I am no longer surprised at the shit his parents did. I wouldn't want to celebrate anything either if every party turned into a reason to beat my ass. So I told them to help me set up the room and pretend it's a baby shower. 

 

“I don’t want a party.” Brian tells me as soon as he see all the cars.

 

“It's not, I just needed some help with the house.” I tell him. 

 

“After your last show I told you not to help Murph if you're too busy.” He tells me. 

 

“We won the account and I promised you I'd pace myself. It's not like I'm having twins. Brian you're the one who needs to slow down, you’re working fifty hours a week and still trying to do things with the boys the rest of the time.” I tell him. 

 

“Emmett and John are helping me with the boys.” He argues. 

 

“We should have waited for the twins.” I tell him. 

 

“I'm already in my forties, I wanted us to get this over with.” He tells me.

 

“You do realize as long as this is only one, we can change our names to the Brady Bunch.” I tell him, holding my still flat stomach. 

 

“I just wanted to even the boy to girl ratio.” He smirks. 

 

We found out that Brian was carrying girls and I thought he'd be happy with that, but no, he gets the idea we need another boy. So like the romantic I am, I thought sure, we can do that. What I didn’t count on was Brian deciding that we should do it now. I really thought it would take longer to get pregnant again, but apparently fertility wasn’t an issue for either of us. We've been seeing our doctor practically every two weeks. I'm only starting my fourth month. Which makes our house all kinds of fun. 

 

“Come on, I want you to see my compromise on the cribs.” I tell him. 

 

Emmett was standing by the door with John, they managed not to giggle at Brian waddling in the door. 

 

“Miles got it done.” John tells me. 

 

“Is it a mess up there? Because he wasn't thrilled to find out he gained ten pounds.” I tell him. 

 

“I think I hate him, I gained like forty pounds and he’s having two. How is that fair?” Emmett tells me.

 

“You also slacked off and ate muffins like they were going out of style.” I remind him.

 

“Drew should have kept them away.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Weren’t you the one making Justin drive you to the bakery?” John asks Emmett.

 

“I can’t blame Baby, so Drew gets to be the one.” Emmett tells him like there was any logic to it.

 

I walk away and head up the stairs to see if Brian can be happy with the babies room. Miles is standing with Michael shaking their heads at the door.

 

“He locked us out.” Michael tells me.

 

“Where’s Ben?” I ask him.

 

“He let Ben stay, he said that Ben wouldn’t make fun of him.” Miles tells me.

 

I knock on the door and Ben opens it with his lips pressed together, trying to hold it in.

 

“He doesn’t want anyone to see him but you.” He tells me.

 

I walk into see Brian laying on the bed with a pillow over his head. Shit, I was hoping putting a connecting door to our bedroom would be okay. I ordered the cribs that he seemed to like and all the accessories. With us having an appointment in the afternoon, I’d hoped it gave the guys enough time to get everything done. I wanted Brian to be able to relax about the room.

 

“If you don’t like it, we can change anything.” I tell him as I pull the pillow off his head.   

 

“It’s not that.” He sniffles and Ben snorts.

 

“Then what?” I ask him.

 

“You made it perfect. It was the best thing anyone has ever done for me.” He tells me, putting his head in my lap.

 

“I wanted you to stop trying to do it all.” I tell him running my hands through his hair.

 

“But how do I top that, when this one comes?” He asks me, putting his hand on my stomach.

 

“You don’t we just add the crib that’s in storage.” I tell him.

 

“I’m assuming you didn’t want anybody to know?” Ben asks me.

 

“I want this to be about the twins. This one won’t be born for five more months.” I tell Ben.

 

“I think we should just tell everyone.” Brian tells me.

 

“We will, but I want to find out what this one is first.” I tell him.

 

“It’s a boy, I already told you that.” He tells me.

 

“I’ll tell everyone to start lunch, you two come down when you're ready. I’m happy for you two.” Ben tells us.

 

“Good, because you are going to have to be the parent who keeps the rest of us from going off the rails.” Brian tells him.

 

“I’m good with that.” Ben smiles and runs his hand over Brian’s head.

 

Ben and Brian were able to bury the hatchet. Ben told Brian that part of his problem was that he still loved Michael, but couldn’t see a future with Michael after all that happened. When Ben came back and started dating Kevin, he told us that while fun, that was all it was. Ben and Michael just recently moved in together, after dating for a while. Ben was thrilled that Michael was more interested in talking about Jenny then anything else. He told us that this was the person he always hoped Michael would be. We all started hanging out and Michael showed Ben that he grew up. It went a long way in helping Brian and Ben develop a friendship. 

 

“Can we look? I haven’t seen it yet.” I ask Brian.

 

I help him off the bed and we walk through the new door next to his side of the bed. I see the oak circular dark brown cribs and look to see that John put pictures of everyone in frames all over the walls. I put in an ocean blue carpet and had Miles paint the walls off white. 

 

“I didn’t want the room to become too busy.” I tell him.

 

“What’s on the ceiling?” Brian asks me.

 

“Sit in the rocking chair and let me close the curtains.” I tell him.   

 

I close the curtains and turn off the light. I go to the projector on the dresser and turn it on. We are surrounded by stars.

“I thought that while we took care of the babies we could dance with them under the stars.” I tell him.

 

Brian gets up and we start dancing around the room together. I wanted to remind him that he was the one who made me believe in us when we danced together in my backyard.

 

BRIAN

 

Gus, Jacob, and Jenny seem to think I don’t know they are laughing at me when I waddle in every morning for breakfast. Justin comes in behind me with his unopened eyes and pouts at the decaf we have to drink. I keep reminding him that I get real coffee soon. Well I do it in my head, because I want waffles too.

 

“Daddy, can we talk about me watching you have the babies.” Jacob asks me with his head still down on the table.

 

“You are staying with your Grandmother.” Justin tells him.

 

“I was just hoping to change DADDY’S mind. I have two more months to do it.” He tells Justin.

 

“This is why I told you to not let them watch gory movies.” Justin tells me.

 

“I just want to see if it looks anything like the movies.” Jacob tells me.

 

“I think it would be better to see the babies cleaned without all the gunk.” Gus mumbles, still sleeping.

 

“Which you will, because you have to wait until you have your own to see the whole thing.” Justin yawns and leans against the cabinet, closing his eyes while the waffles cook.

 

“Can we have a princess party when they’re born? I can ask Uncle Drew to get me another wand.” Jenny asks excited.

 

“Yeah and this time we know how to get it to work.” Gus tells Jacob and closes his eyes again.

 

I lay my head on the table next to Gus and think, sleepy breakfast isn’t such a bad thing.