- Text Size +

"You ready?" Brian asked, watching his partner from the doorway of Justin's studio at Britin. It was Thanksgiving Day and they were preparing to leave for Debbie's house. This would be the last family gathering for a long time to come since they would be leaving directly from Debbie's house to begin their new life.

Kinnetik was set. The necessary holiday campaigns were prepared, approved and in place for each client that required specialized ads for the season. Only two potential new clients were scheduled with meetings between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Brian and Cynthia had prepared a schedule that allowed Brian to put in an appearance in the office long enough for the meetings and to get the staff working on the ideas. After that everything would be handled through the webcam.

Justin's career was a different matter than the situation with Kinnetik; no one could fill-in for him at meetings or shows. There was no office for someone else to run. His was a solo career with no one else involved other than his agent.

Madelyn 'Maddie' Harris, Justin's agent, had called two weeks earlier to tell him that one of the more prominent galleries in New York wanted him to participate in a showing the week before Christmas. There would only be two other artists participating and the gallery's owner was enthralled with Justin's latest work. Justin understood it was a great opportunity; however, he told Maddie that Thanksgiving through New Year's Day was a time for family; he would allow his work to be displayed, but he would not be available beyond helping to arrange his paintings. She argued that it could damage his career if he didn't make an appearance at least on opening night. The two argued until Brian stepped in and convinced Justin they could manage to be available for opening night. Maddie reluctantly agreed to those terms.

Now that everything was in place they were preparing to leave Britin, not knowing when they would return.

Justin took one last look around his studio before joining Brian. His paintings for the upcoming show had already been shipped to New York. Bernard made certain that everything else was sent to the North Pole and the furnishings and items left behind at Britin were now protected by dustcovers.

Even though Brian had arranged for a caretaker to look after the house and property while they were away, Justin didn't like the idea of someone wandering around in his studio. He closed and locked the door, pocketing the key.

"Everything will be fine, Sunshine." Leaning over, Brian placed a kiss on Justin's temple. Justin, in turn, wrapped his arms around his partner's lean waist, squeezing gently.

Both men were happy that a solution had been found for Brian's fluctuating body shape. A simple comment from Gus had been the key to Brian's understanding that he could control his appearance. Gus, who had become fixated on everything Christmas, was watching 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' one afternoon after school when he became intrigued by how Mrs. Claus was trying to make Santa eat so he would be fat for all the kids in time for Christmas. Gus decided that Santa must lose weight from one Christmas to the next. This revelation prompted a call to his dad.

As soon as Brian answered the phone Gus rattled off his discovery. Brian tried to make his son understand the show he was watching was not reality. Gus, drawing on all his nine-year-old stubbornness, urged his dad to discuss it with Dad II. They talked about other things for a few minutes, but Gus was determined to make his dad understand his reasoning. Brian finally stopped trying to convince his son when Gus said, "All good stories are based somewhat on truth... right, Santa?" and since Brian was stumped for an answer to that, he finally agreed to discuss it with Justin.

After nearly a full day of discussion and experimenting with changing his physical appearance, they came to the conclusion that their son was right and that maybe since Brian had completely accepted his fate, and with it their future, his body would remain in whatever form he chose.

Justin gave his partner another quick squeeze.

"I know." He rose up on tiptoe and kissed Brian chastely on the mouth. "We better get going. We don't want to piss off Deb our last night here."

Brian nodded and they started down the stairs. His mind wandered over the past few interactions he'd had with Debbie. She had seemed different in some way, more concerned and motherly toward him than usual.

"Has Deb seemed... different lately?" Brian asked while they were putting on their coats at the front door.

"You noticed that. I thought maybe I was imagining it. She's been so un-Deb like." Justin opened the front door, followed Brian out after he turned off the lights, and waited while Brian set the alarm then closed and locked the door. "Did I tell you what she said to Michael at the diner the other day?"

"Mikey spouting off again?" Brian still worried occasionally that Michael would go off on Justin, blaming him once again for Brian moving away.

"Not really." Justin shook his head. "He just doesn't understand why I can't continue to paint here. He wasn't mean or rude, fuck, he wasn't even whining about it. He's just curious."

"So what did you tell him?" Brian asked. He opened the backdoor of the waiting town car for Justin to get in. Both men looked longingly back at the house before climbing into the vehicle. Brian gave instructions to the driver as the car started down the driveway.

"That's just it. I didn't have to say anything. Deb smacked him on the head with her order pad and told him that for right now it's better for my career to be in New York and that since we're partners you would want to be with me. She told him there was no reason for us to be apart again and that it was also a great opportunity for you to make new contacts for Kinnetik. Then she told him he needed to grow up just like everyone else had."

"Fuck," Brian said softly, shaking his head.

"Yeah. I'm not sure which of us was more surprised." Justin chuckled. "Deb walked off to take someone's order. Michael looked at me and said 'Never mind, I get it.' Then we both started laughing and went back to finishing up the next 'Rage' issue."

"How's that working out?" Brian asked. 'Rage' was one more thing that had Michael in fits about how they were going to work on future issues.

"It's fine. I assured Michael that we'll be able to work the same way we did when I was in New York before. He's just having a difficult time with all the changes going on." Justin understood Michael's worries; everything was changing for all of them.

Brian nodded and they continued the trip in silence.

~*~*~*~

The front door to Debbie's house flew open as Brian and Justin stepped up on the porch.

"It's about time you got here! Get your asses in here, we're letting all the fucking heat out," Debbie screeched and reached for both her boys pulling them into a bone-crushing hug.

"Deb, we can't come in if you don't let go," Brian mumbled into the collar of her turtleneck sweater. The three of them were wedged in the doorway to the house and Brian was certain that if he was having difficulty breathing then Justin must be nearly suffocating with his face buried in Debbie's chest.

Michael appeared behind his mother, having heard the commotion at the door.

"Ma! Let go so they can come in," Michael said firmly while trying to pry his mother's arms away from his friends. With tears in her eyes Debbie finally released Brian and Justin. Both men spoke at the same time.

"Thanks, Mikey." "Thanks, Michael."

"Hey, I've been on the receiving end of one of those hugs many times. I know how it feels."

The three friends laughed and followed Debbie into the living room after Brian and Justin left their coats in the closet by the door. Everyone else had already arrived and were sitting or standing around the room chatting.

Lindsay and Melanie were huddled with Ben who was holding JR on his lap listening intently to the five-year-old's version, complete with dangerous hand gestures, of the plane ride from Toronto. Jennifer and Tucker were chatting with Ted and Blake while Molly was in the kitchen discussing fashion with Emmett. Drew, who was back in town for the holiday weekend, was watching a football game on the TV with Carl. The only one missing was Hunter; he was spending the holiday with his girlfriend's family, but would be home for Christmas.

While everyone warmly greeted the new arrivals, thundering footsteps on the stairs alerted them of their son's approach.

"Dad! Dad II!" Gus shouted as he bounded down the stairs. "I knew you wouldn't be late!"

"Hey, Sonny Boy, slow down!" Brian laughed as Gus jumped down from the third step.

Gus slowed to a fast walk, reaching his father's side as soon as possible. He wrapped his arms tightly around his father's waist receiving a hug in kind. Then Gus turned and shared the same greeting with his other father.

The family of friends chatted while waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Debbie, Jennifer, Lindsay and Emmett were flittering between the kitchen, dining table, and living room, keeping up with the conversations while preparing the table and completing the final touches for dinner.

Once everyone was settled around the dinner table, conversations became lively with topics ranging from day-to-day life in Canada to life on Liberty Ave. The one subject left untouched was Brian and Justin's move to New York. After dinner everyone pitched in to clean up before moving back to the living room.

"Anyone up for one last trip to Babylon?" Michael anxiously asked.

Brian was surprised that Michael was the one asking, but after a brief moment of thought it made sense to him. In the past they had always made an appearance at the club following dinner, even on holidays. This year was different; times had changed, they had all grown up. Brian no longer needed the distraction the club had always offered.

"No time, Mikey. We need to leave pretty soon," Brian said gently, not wanting to upset his friend. "Besides, it wouldn't be the last trip. We'll be coming back to visit; we can always go to Babylon then."

Michael smiled and nodded. The others released a silent sigh of relief and nodded in agreement with Brian's statement.

Gus took that moment to ask something he had been thinking about for a while.

"Dad, Dad II... can I go with you? Just for the weekend?"

Brian turned to Justin. Justin gave him a brief nod and small smile. Brian looked back to their son.

"It's fine with us if it's okay with your moms." Brian wasn't sure if Lindsay and Melanie would agree to Gus making the trip with them. He knew for certain they wouldn't if the women knew their true destination.

Lindsay and Melanie had heard their son's question and were quick to respond when Brian's answer was not what they expected.

"Gus, I'm sure it would be fine, but there's no way your dads would be able to get you a ticket on their flight this late, especially with it being a holiday," Lindsay gently told her son. She shrugged in sympathy. "I'm sorry, lambskin."

"You'll be able to visit them in New York soon, Gus," Melanie added hoping to placate their son.

"Actually, when I booked our flight I purchased three seats," Justin spoke up seeing the slump of their son's shoulders.

Brian gave his partner a questioning look.

"It was going to be a surprise for you and Gus. I wanted to ask Linds and Mel before I mentioned anything. I just haven't had the chance until now," Justin explained, biting his lower lip with the hope they would believe him as well as in anticipation of their response.

Brian grabbed Justin and kissed him gently in thanks of his quick thinking. He turned to the girls to see what their answer would be.

Gus crossed the room to where his mothers sat together.

"Can I go? Please?" Gus pleaded, adding his somebody-kicked-my-puppy look for good measure.

Lindsay and Melanie looked at each other.

"What do you think, Mel?" Lindsay asked her wife tentatively.

"When would you have him back home?" Melanie asked Justin.

"Your flight gets into Toronto at four Sunday afternoon; our flight lands at six. I've also reserved a car to drive us to your house so you won't have to meet us at the airport." Justin sat tensely waiting to hear their decision. Of course he had not booked any flights since they could just pop in and out thanks to a little elf magic, but he had thought ahead enough to pick flight numbers and arrival times to back up what he was saying.

Melanie glanced at Lindsay. Both women smiled then turned to their son, standing patiently next to them.

"I don't see why you can't go. You have enough clothes for the weekend so that won't be a problem. Just be sure to stay with your dads; don't wander off anywhere." Lindsay looked sternly at her son as she finished speaking.

After Gus' jubilant display, which included hugging both his mothers several times each, he ran upstairs and quickly repacked his suitcase. With Gus ready, the trio began their goodbyes.

There were hugs and kisses, a few tears, and many whispered words of 'good luck in New York' and 'keep in touch.' Only Debbie and Jennifer followed them outside. As they were stepping off the porch Debbie reached out and grabbed Brian, drawing him to her for one last hug.

"You be sure both of you dress warm. It stays fucking cold all year round when you get that far north," Debbie whispered in Brian's ear as she hugged him tightly. Tears fell from her eyes when she continued, "Vic would be so proud of you... and so am I... I love you, kiddo, don't you ever fucking doubt that."

Hearing those words Brian realized that Debbie knew the truth. Tears filled his eyes as he gripped her tighter and replied, "I love you, too, Mom."

"Debbie." Jennifer reached over, rubbing her hand gently across the older woman's back; encouraging her to release her hold on Brian.

Debbie pulled away, releasing him from her death grip with a steely resolve.

Brian placed his hands on her cheeks then lightly kissed her forehead before stepping back.

"No doubts..." Brian looked at the small group standing with him. His partner, his son, his 'mother-in-law,' and his 'true' mother. "Never again."

"We better get going," Justin said softly. He reached for Brian's hand, lacing their fingers and gripping it firmly in his own.

"Yeah, Dad. Bernard's waiting." Gus took his father's other hand and the three made their way down the walkway to the waiting town car.

Debbie and Jennifer watched their boys get in the car and drive away.

"You know... don't you." Debbie stated more than asked, knowing she was taking a chance, but felt certain that Justin's mother knew the truth from the support she was receiving.

"Yes, I know." Jennifer hugged Debbie to her side as they continued to watch the car as it moved down the street.

Both women smiled as the car disappeared leaving a rainbow that burst into a shower of colors a second later. They turned back to enter the house.

"Who the fuck's Bernard?" Debbie thought out loud.

Jennifer threw her head back and laughed as she followed Debbie inside. She would have to make certain they had a few moments alone soon for a long talk.

~*~*~*~

Justin was shuffling around his studio preparing to go to New York. His show was in two days and he needed to finish arranging his work in the gallery. Quentin had managed to get all of Justin's pieces to the studio in New York so they could be transported from there to the gallery without the benefit of elf magic. Brian was still preparing for his first Christmas as Santa Claus, but would be joining Justin the day of the opening.

"Are the reservations set for this weekend?" Justin asked. He knew Brian was watching him from the doorway.

"Yes, Sunshine, but if you want we can check again just to be sure." Brian smiled at his partner. He knew Justin was anxious about more than the show this weekend.

Justin had made arrangements for Jennifer and Debbie, along with their respective partners Tucker and Carl, to attend the opening and have a weekend in New York. Brian had been surprised to hear that Justin had included Tucker. He had been even more surprised to learn the reason why. Tucker had actually spoken to Justin about his desire to ask Jennifer to marry him and Justin had given his blessing. Justin told Brian he no longer felt his mother had a double standard regarding their relationship and her relationship with Tucker. Both men thought maybe Tucker would propose to Jennifer during their stay in New York.

"I know, I know. I'm being a silly little faggot." Smiling, Justin turned to his partner. "I can't help it; she's my mom and she deserves to be happy."

"You're not being a silly little faggot." Brian walked over and put his arms over Justin's shoulders. "Anyway, I agree... Jennifer deserves to be happy."

Justin leaned forward and placed a kiss on Brian's chin.

"Besides, she needs reinforcements with Molly in college now... meeting all those frat boys." Brian smirked at his partner. "If Molly's anything like her big brother..."

"Oh my God!" A heavy sigh followed as Justin's head dropped onto Brian's chest.

Brian laughed at his partner's reaction then took pity on him.

"Don't worry, Molly can handle herself and your mom will keep a close eye on her."

Suddenly Justin's head popped up nearly clipping Brian on the chin.

"Do you think she's having sex?!" Justin exclaimed, pushing back from Brian.

"Ewww!" Brian's face scrunched up in disgust. "That is not an image I need, Justin!"

"You started it by mentioning all those frat boys."

"Well obviously I have different ideas of what those frat boys would be doing!"

Justin burst into laughter.

"Of course you would. Just from now on when you want to mention frat boys don't include my sister's name in the conversation." Justin wrapped one arm around Brian's waist and patted him on the chest as he smiled up at him.

"Fair enough," Brian agreed with a grin. "Let's go. We have a lot to do before you head to New York."

They walked back to their rooms to finish getting ready.

~*~*~*~

Ted mumbled to himself as he turned away from the file cabinet. Opening the folder he began to peruse the papers inside. He looked up from the file as he approached his desk.

"Fuck!" Ted shouted throwing the file in the air. He staggered across the two remaining feet to his desk, grasping his chest as he leaned heavily against the large oak furniture before dropping into his desk chair.

"I win," Justin said with a laugh, watching the papers float to the floor.

"You win, Sunshine." Brian agreed with a sigh of defeat.

Still trying to catch his breath, Ted looked up at the two men who had appeared out of nowhere in the middle of his closed office.

"Don't do that!" Ted nearly shouted. "Wait... what do you mean 'I win,' win what? Were you two betting on me?"

"Uhm... yeah, sorry. Brian figured you would faint again. I figured you were getting use to the shock and wouldn't faint. You didn't faint, so I win." Justin beamed a smile at their friend then started gathering up the papers from the floor.

"Well... thank you, Justin, for the vote of confidence. Do I get to know what you won?" Ted asked after finally catching his breath.

Justin snickered.

Brian sighed a very put upon sigh.

"He won another of my magnificent and amazing blowjobs at the location of his choice."

"Wow! ... Wait... another? You mean..." Ted stammered.

"I am gay, Theodore," Brian reminded his friend and accountant.

"I know, it's just that... well, to hear Michael talk... you never... well..." Ted nodded nervously, waving his hand around unsure of how to continue.

"What Mikey knows about my sex life, Ted, is what he was witness to in the backroom of Babylon. I enjoy all sexual aspects of what it means to be a gay man... with the right partner, that is." Brian grinned at Justin with a lustful glint in his eyes. Justin glanced up catching the look on Brian's face. Brian's grin grew when Justin flashed his own lustful glance.

"Wow! ... That means..." Ted stammered again, stopping before he could voice his thoughts on Justin topping Brian. Feeling his face grow hot, he cleared his throat and continued. "Okay, what brings you from the great North Pole to humble Pittsburgh?"

Brian tore his gaze away from Justin's ass; Justin returned to gathering up the last of the papers for Ted.

"I just dropped in to check on some weekend arrangements with Cynthia and thought I would check on the final figures for the Bishop's Winery account."

"Everything's within budget, Boss, and set to go at the first of the year," Ted answered confidently. He nodded his thanks to Justin as he handed him the papers.

"Excellent, Theodore." Brian turned to his partner. "Well, Sunshine, I'm off to check with Cynthia. I'll see you on Friday." He leaned down and lightly ran his tongue over Justin's lower lip before slipping it inside the welcoming mouth for a brief taste.

"I guess I better head to New York," Justin whispered, caressing Brian's face as the kiss ended. He stepped back and disappeared in a rainbow of glitter.

Brian turned toward the door. With his hand on the doorknob, Brian turned back to Ted.

"Oh and, Theodore," he paused waiting to be sure he had Ted's complete attention, "stop thinking about Justin fucking me."

Ted gulped and stammered several unrecognizable words.

Brian smirked and headed out the door to find Cynthia.

~*~*~*~

Brian glanced at the papers lying on the bedside table. Opening night had been on Friday, it was now Wednesday and already there had been several articles written about Justin Taylor, the new artist to watch.

"I always knew you'd be a big fucking success," Brian wrapped his arms around Justin.

The show turned out to be an amazing success for Justin. Maddie played up the fact that he would only be available opening night, telling critics and guests alike that the artist would be too busy experiencing life for his next series of paintings to make any further appearance during the run of the show. Five pieces sold the first night with the remaining three pieces selling the next. The buyers would be able to take their purchases home at the end of the month.

"I had a very impressive role model." Justin lifted his head from its resting place on Brian's chest, smiling at his lover.

Brian rolled his eyes and Justin decided to change the subject.

"Did I tell you I found out why no one ever asked us about our rings?"

Brian raised an eyebrow in silent question.

"Mom told me just before we left the gallery for dinner Friday."

"I have wondered a few times. No one said a word about them beyond Emmett's comment one day at the diner that someone was wearing new jewelry." Brian chuckled. "What did Mother Taylor have to say?"

"It turns out that our son called Deb last Christmas morning and told her that Santa Claus decided it was time for us to wear our rings. Debbie knew the reaction that would most likely get from everyone and called a family meeting before they all drove out to Britin."

"Let me guess, she threatened everyone with bodily harm," Brian interrupted.

"You could say that." Justin grinned. "She threatened to tie a knot in each of the guys' dicks and then slap chastity belts on them and throw away the keys."

"Ouch," Brian mumbled with heartfelt sympathy.

"Yeah and when Mel and Linds laughed she threatened them with chastity belts and armor breastplates all locked in place." Justin laughed at the thought of everyone cowering back from a pissed off Debbie wielding chastity belts.

"Fuck. I guess she made her point clear." Brian laughed. "No wonder nobody commented about our rings."

Justin looked at his ring. He could feel the smooth metal of Brian's ring on his back where Brian's hand was now brushing against his skin. He shifted until he was stretched out on top of Brian.

Grinning, Justin felt Brian's cock twitch, his responded in kind. He reached under his pillow, pulling out a condom.

"There's something I wanted to do last night, but didn't get the chance."

"Really? And what would that be, Sunshine?" Brian smirked at his partner while reaching for the condom, but Justin pulled it out of his reach by sitting up to straddle Brian.

Sliding back Justin made certain that his ass rubbed over Brian's cock several times ensuring the desired reaction.

Brian moaned as his cock filled. He moved his hands to Justin's thighs, smoothing them up the pale skin and flexing muscles. Reaching the top of Justin's thighs, Brian dipped his thumbs down to lightly stroke the sensitive skin and golden curls surrounding Justin's cock, skimmed across his balls and back up. He watched as Justin's cock lengthened and filled; it was something he knew he would never grow tired of seeing.

Justin opened the foil packet with his teeth and spit the piece held between his lips to the floor. He slipped the condom out as he moved slightly further down Brian's body, tossing the empty packet to the floor with the rest of the wrapper. Justin looked at the thick nine-inch cock of his lover. He ran the tip of his finger lightly down the large vein. Later he would swear Brian's cock grew another half inch with that touch.

Looking up to his lover's eyes, Justin smiled. His eyes filled with lust and love, he finally answered his partner.

"Well, last night you fucked me hard and fast on hands and knees and then again bent over the table; followed by slow and easy face-to-face, and then on our sides."

"And what? Now you want to return the favor?" Brian asked in a low voice, the one that always made Justin's heart race faster.

"Actually... no." Justin watched as surprise showed on Brian's face.

"Are you saying you don't want to make me your bottom boy?"

"What I'm saying is... I want to be on top." Justin wrapped his hand around Brian's cock and squeezed gently as he slid his hand down to Brian's groin. Twisting his wrist and squeezing a bit tighter, he slid his hand back up to the tip then rolled his thumb across the slit.

Brian drew in a hissing breath.

"Fuck, Justin!" Brian growled.

"That's just what I plan on you doing." Justin put the condom in his mouth. He slipped a few more inches down Brian's body, leaned over and took Brian's cock in his mouth. Justin very slowly lowered his head, effectively sliding the condom on as he went.

Brian gripped the sheets beneath his hands, twisting the material in his fists. He fought the urge to thrust his hips and instead arched his back off the bed, expelling a sharp huff of breath.

Holding the condom in place and keeping to the same slow pace, Justin moved back up Brian's cock, adding suction as he went. Lifting up, Justin moved into position. He knew he still had enough lube inside from their four earlier rounds of sex so that with the addition of his saliva on Brian's cock, he would be able to take Brian in easily. Staring into Brian's eyes, Justin lowered himself.

It always amazed Brian how tight Justin would be no matter how many times they had fucked. He felt a shiver run through his body as his cock was slowly enveloped in the tight warmth of Justin's ass. Brian released the sheets, once again smoothing his hands over his lover's thighs.

Justin pulled his legs in, pressing against Brian's sides, feeling the heat of his lover's skin. He shifted slightly, settling his weight so that Brian was fully embedded inside him. He smiled at the feeling of fullness then gasped as Brian rose quickly, wrapping his arms around Justin.

Brian buried his face in Justin's neck, breathing deeply while placing wet, open-mouth kisses on the warm skin. His hands slid up the silky length of Justin's back.

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian's shoulders, one hand buried in the soft strands of auburn hair. He hissed as his cock and balls rubbed against the taut muscles of his partner's abs becoming trapped between their bodies. Taking a deep breath, filling his senses with the one man he could never live without, Justin began a slow methodical rocking motion with his hips.

A groan spilled from Brian's throat. He pulled his head from Justin's neck and attacked his lover's full red lips, desperate for the taste he would always crave no matter how long he lived. His tongue danced alongside Justin's then briefly pulled back to graze across the kiss-swollen lips before sinking once more inside.

Knowing they didn't have a lot of time, Justin switched from rocking to nearly bouncing on Brian's lap. At the same time, Brian slipped one hand between their bodies. Gripping Justin's cock, he stroked in time with Justin's movements, occasionally swiping his thumb across the tip of the thick shaft.

Separating from the kiss, Justin took Brian's face in his hands. Lips barely an inch apart, they gasped against the other's mouth, maintaining eye contact as they reached shattering climaxes simultaneously.

Despite breathing heavily from the exertion of their lovemaking, Brian tipped his head as Justin drew him closer for the first of several brief kisses. Minutes passed before either one was able to speak.

"I guess we better get cleaned up." Justin nipped at Brian's jaw.

"Yeah." Brian caressed Justin's hips then moved one hand down to hold the condom in place.

Justin slowly rose to his knees, grimacing as Brian's softening cock slipped from his body. He shifted from Brian's lap and sat cautiously on the bed while watching Brian remove the condom, tie it off and drop it in the wastebasket next to the bedside table.

"Think you'll be up to going with me tonight?" Brian asked with concern. He had seen Justin's expression and knew his partner's ass had to be sore from the night's activities.

"I'm definitely going with you. I'll be fine; don't worry. Besides, the sleigh is cushioned." Justin kissed Brian on the cheek then smirked. "Come on. You can take care of me in the shower."

Brian smirked as they climbed off the bed.

~*~*~*~

Brian and Justin were just drying off when they were interrupted by a knock on the door. They each quickly donned their robes, knowing it would be Judy with their breakfast. Justin opened the door allowing the young elf to enter with the cart. He snatched up his mug as she passed him on her way to the table on the balcony.

"Mmmmm... You make the best hot chocolate, Judy," Justin wistfully stated after taking his first sip of the sweet beverage.

"It's an old family recipe." Judy smiled.

Brian scowled as he crossed to the balcony, stopping next to the table where Judy was placing their breakfast. She saw his expression and giggled.

"Don't worry, Santa. The hot chocolate is for Justin. I brought your special coffee for you." Judy placed the carafe of coffee on the table after filling Brian's large mug with the rich brew.

"Ahhh," he sighed breathing in the wonderful aroma. "Judy, I know you will never let me down; especially when it comes to my coffee."

Justin joined Brian on the balcony, each taking a seat and together uncovering the dishes of food.

"I'll come back in an hour to clear the table." Judy smiled and turned away, leaving the two men to enjoy their breakfast.

~*~*~*~

Final preparations for Christmas Eve, which would start at midnight, kept both men busy for the remainder of the day. The excitement of what lie ahead for them fueled their anticipation.

Quentin had already explained how transporting the packages to each destination worked. Everything was double and triple checked before Brian and Justin dressed to leave.

"Brian, did you forget something; or am I going to have to take Gus' suggestion and make you eat a ton of carbs?" Justin watched his partner as he stood in front of the full-length mirror in their room.

"I haven't forgotten." Brian smirked. "And don't you dare try to make me eat anything. You know I never eat carbs after seven... I'm just... preparing myself."

Justin sat down to slip on his black leather boots deciding it was best to let Brian do this his own way and in his own time. His hands smoothed down the front of his outfit. He was dressed warmly in a red suit similar to Brian's except with dark green trim instead of white. Justin pulled his boots on then stood up, stamping his feet a bit before turning back to see if Brian was ready. The sight brought a smile that brightened the room; before him stood Santa Claus.

"Hey, Santa. You look great."

"Hold that thought until we get back." Brian settled the hat on his head and checked his reflection in the mirror one more time, shaking his head at his very rotund belly, the full white beard, mustache and hair.

"We better get going, Santa. We don't want to get a late start on our first night." Justin walked over to Brian and placed a light kiss on his lips.

Brian sighed heavily before kissing Justin as well, then silently led the way to the sleigh. They arrived just as the last of the reindeer was harnessed into place.

Bernard and Quentin were there to see them off with all of the other elves.

"We placed a microphone in the top button on your coat, Santa, so if you have any problems we will be able to hear and send any necessary help." Quentin pointed out the small microphone in the center of the top button. "We've done the same with Justin's."

Brian nodded his understanding and climbed into the sleigh. He watched as Justin joined him noticing that Justin now held a package in his hands.

"I was thinking we should drop Ted's gift off last." Justin set the brightly wrapped gift on the seat behind them.

"You never told me what you decided to give him," Brian said, still curious about the small package.

Justin laughed as he said, "It's just a small sensor Quentin made. It will let Ted know when one or both of us are about to pop in."

"You're taking away some of my fun, Sunshine." Brian tried to look offended, however, he didn't succeed; the slight grin gave him away.

"You'll survive with other ways to torment him, I'm sure... and then on the way back, I figured you could pay up on that bet you lost." Justin wiggled his eyebrows.

"You have any particular place in mind?"

"I figure the reindeer can handle the sleigh on their own long enough for a little trip to the mile-high club."

"I like the way you think, Sunshine."

"No better way to start a new life." Justin smiled brightly at his partner, who smiled back.

At Brian's command the sleigh rose into the night, their boisterous laughter filling the air.

The End.

The End.
Deb Tanner is the author of 28 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Mr. and Mr. Santa Claus (aka The Santa Clause QaF Style) also liked 552 other stories.