- Text Size +

 

 

The sound of the alarm clock blaring from his bedside table woke Justin with a start. Groaning, he curled in on himself, burrowing himself into the sheets. Maybe doing that and throwing a pillow over his head, he’ll be able to block out the increasingly irritating noise and will magically fall back asleep.

 

Unfortunately, that wasn't meant to be.

 

“Mmm, good morning, baby,” Ethan whispered into his ear sleepily as he wrapped his arms around Justin’s waist, bringing their bodies together with his chest pressed tightly against Justin’s back. “Did you have a good time last night with Daph? Sorry, I couldn't wait up,” he punctuated his apology with a kiss to the back of Justin’s neck.

 

“Yeah, it was okay,” Justin replied sleepily. He wasn't a morning person and always needed a good thirty minutes before he was awake enough to participate fully in any sort of conversation – and in all their time together, this wasn't something Ethan seemed to pick up on.

 

“Where did you go?” Ethan asked, as his hand snaked down the front of Justin’s stomach and found its way into his pyjama pants.

 

“Woody’s… it’s a” yawn “bar on Liberty Avenue.”

 

“Sounds fun,” replied Ethan, as he removed his hand from Justin and ducked under the covers – pulling his pyjama pants down enough to set his morning woody free.

 

“Ethan… I really have to get up.”

 

“I missed you last night, baby. Let me do this,” he begged, as his tongue lapped hungrily at the head of Justin’s cock.

 

“Mmm,” hummed Ethan. “I love how you taste in the mornings.”

 

“Ethan – please. I need… I need to get up.”

 

As soon as he said that, Ethan took him completely into his mouth swallowing him whole.

 

Justin’s body betrayed him as it arched up off the bed. He inhaled deeply, trying desperately to enjoy the sensations of having his dick sucked. But he couldn't – no matter how good it felt, his heart just wasn't in it this morning.

 

“Ethan,” Justin said, pushing at his boyfriend’s shoulders to get his attention. “I said stop.”

 

“What’s wrong? You usually love it when I blow you in the morning.” Ethan said, concern evident in his voice.

 

“I know – It’s just… I don’t feel well,” Justin lied. What the fuck was going on with him this morning?

 

”I know – It’s just… I don’t feel well,” Justin lied. What the fuck was going on with him this morning? “I’m going to have a shower. Maybe that will make me feel better,” he hesitated, as he untangled himself from Ethan and made his way towards the bathroom.

 

****

 

Brian looked at the time on his phone and decided he couldn't delay it any longer, his appointment was in fifteen minutes and it with his gimp leg, it would take him a while to walk through the hospital now that his shoulder was fucked again and using the crutches were even more of a challenge.

 

He reached the Orthopaedics and Physiotherapy department with five minutes to spare.

 

“Well, would you look who it is? How you doin’, darlin’?” Kathy asked the minute he walked through the doors.

 

“Not bad, Kathy. Yourself?” He had to ask, he knew she was waiting for it.

 

“All the better for seeing you, sugar,” she replied in her thick southern drawl.

 

“Good good,” Brian replied, moving away from the desk as fast as he could, hoping she’d take the hint and stop talking. He took a seat at the far end of the waiting room and began scrolling through some emails on his phone.

 

The sound of country music filled the air, as Kathy turned on the radio behind her desk and began to sing along, her southern accent getting stronger by the second as she belted out the lyrics to whatever God awful song she was listening to.

 

“Do you like country music,” Kathy asked loudly.

 

Brian smirked. “Do I look like I like country music?”

 

“I can’t get enough of this guy they’re playing now. He has the voice of an angel.”

 

Brian looked up from what he was doing when he realised she wasn't going to stop talking to him until he was called into his appointment.

 

“Who is it?” He didn't know why he asked her, he wouldn't know who they were anyway – and he really didn't care.

 

“Luke Bryan…Oh, that man sets my heart all aflutter. Let’s just say he was born to wear tight jeans…”

 

Now he was interested.

 

He looked him up on his phone and Kathy was right about one thing, that man knew how to wear a pair of jeans. He wasn’t Brian’s type, but he appreciated a hot man when he saw one. Just as he was scrolling through Google images he heard his name being called.

 

He looked up from his phone and saw Justin standing there with an apprehensive smile on his face.

 

God, he was cute – cute? What the fuck? Now that’s something he’s never thought about when looking at a guy. Hot, yes, but cute? No, never. But there was something about Justin. He was definitely hot, but there was this innocence about him that was cute. There was that fucking word again.

 

Brian pulled himself up out of the chair and slowly made his way towards Justin. He only managed a few steps before the blonde was at his side.

 

“Let me help you,” Justin said, as he took away the crutch Brian was using with his injured shoulder and supported some his weight. “I'm sure you’re still sore from last night. I saw you took it out of the sling.”

 

Brian could feel his cheeks flush as he remembered last night – well, some of it. He hoped he hadn't embarrassed himself too much.

 

”I'm sorry you had to see that,” Brian apologised – something he didn't do often, but he felt like he owed Justin one.

 

Justin just smiled and shook his head as he helped Brian sit down.

 

“Don’t worry about it – just don’t do it again,” he teased.

 

“Was your boyfriend okay with you getting home so late?”

 

“Oh, yeah, he was totally fine. He’s usually in bed by eleven if he isn't working.”

 

He sounds like a bundle of fun.

 

“What does he do?”

 

He had no idea why he was asking, he didn't give a shit about what this guy did – yet he couldn't stop the questions from coming out.

 

“He’s a violinist.”

 

“Fun.” He didn't mean for it to sound as sarcastic as it did, but from the way Justin was laughing, he couldn't have been that insulted.

 

“Yeah… it’s not for everyone. He’s fantastic – but I’ve never told him that I don’t really like the sound of the violin,” Justin said as he took a seat.

 

Brian laughed. “Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.”

 

“Right,” Justin said changing the subject. “Let’s take a look at you and see how broken you are after last night,” he teased.

 

“I'm – I'm going to need for you to take your shirt off, so I can take a look.”

 

Brian could have sworn the kid looked embarrassed when he said that.

 

With one arm, Brian managed to pull his v-neck t-shirt off, grunting in pain only slightly.

 

“The swelling has gone down a little,” Justin said, as his fingers gently explored the injured area. “You’re going to need to keep icing it.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“And the sling needs to stay on for another week. I know it’s hard for you to get around with it strapped up, so you can take it off when you’re walking around. But it really needs to be supported as much as possible.”

 

Brian sighed; he hated wearing that damn thing.

 

“And try and wiggle your fingers – like this,” demonstrated Justin as he lightly moved the digits on Brian’s hand up and down. “It’ll help with the circulation. We’ll start physio on this in a week or two.”

 

Fuck his hands are warm – and soft. Seriously, what the hell kind of lesbionic shit is going through his head today.

 

“I might also tape it before you go home today,” Justin said, more to himself. “Now let’s take a look at your knee. Is the brace still comfortable?”

 

Brian hesitated for a moment before answering. “Mostly.”

 

Justin raised his eyebrows. “Now tell me the truth,” he laughed.

 

“It’s a little sore.”

 

He hated admitting it, but Justin saw right through him.

 

“Let’s take a look. You’ll need to take your jeans off. Do you want a gown?”

 

“A gown? No fucking way.”

 

“You sure?” Justin asked.

 

Brian nodded his head. There was no way he was ever putting one of those fucking things on again. Not if he could help it anyway.

 

“I’ll lock the door,” Justin said, as he got up. “Make sure no one walks in.”

 

Yeah, like your boyfriend. he thought bitterly, remembering what happened at the end of their last session.

 

Brian removed his jeans and waited for further instruction. Justin knelt down and released the brace from his knee.

 

Fuck, he looks hot down on his knees like that. And the way he keeps looking up at me with those eyes. And yep – now I have a fucking boner.

 

“The swelling has gone down a lot, which is great. We’ll be able to start working on it today,” Justin smiled looking up. His cheeks flushed red when he saw how hard Brian was.

 

“Sorry,” apologised Brian. Who was he kidding, he wasn't sorry at all. He could feel Justin looking at him – and not just at his face. He knew that Justin liked what he saw; it was evident in his face. The way he licked his lips and stood quickly, bringing his clipboard to rest in front of him.

 

Brian smirked and Justin cleared his throat quickly, doing his best to switch back into professional mode.

 

“Right, so erm, okay, you’re going to need to lie down on the bed, on your… on your stomach.”

 

Yep, he was definitely cute. Wiggling behind that damn clipboard like I don’t know what he’s hiding.

 

“Sure.”

 

Brian reached down and with his eyes locked on Justin’s he unashamedly adjusted himself so that his cock lay flat against his stomach.

 

Justin’s cheeks grew pinker by the minute, but he never broke eye contact.

 

“Like this?” Brian asked as he stretched out on the bed. He could feel Justin’s eyes burning into his back.

 

“What? Oh yeah, just urm, bring your legs down so that your thighs are supported but the lower part is hanging off the end.”

 

Brian shuffled down, muffling the slight groan he let out as best he could from putting too much weight on his shoulder.

 

“Be careful,” scolded Justin as he placed a rolled up towel above his knee cap, instantly back in physiotherapist mode.

 

“Ah, shit.”

 

Justin placed his hand on the base of Brian’s back. “You’re going to feel a slight pull as your leg straightens out.”

 

“A slight pull?”

 

“Is the pain too much? We can stop?”

 

“No – it’s fine.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“It hurts, but it’s not unbearable.”

 

“We’ll do another thirty seconds then have a short rest, repeat for another minute and then we’re done with this one,” Justin promised, as he subconsciously ran soothing circles on Brian’s back.

 

Brian breathed through the pain and completed the exercise. It hurt enough that it almost made him soft – ha, almost, but not quite. Justin’s feather light touch on his back as he did it wasn't helping matters.

 

“You good to do a couple more before we finish for the day?”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

Justin was no longer hiding behind his clipboard, obviously having forgotten and put it down while helping with Brian with his exercises. Brian smiled to himself as his eyes drifted towards Justin’s crotch, appreciating the sight in front of him. He couldn't see much, as the scrubs Justin wore were pretty baggy, but he saw enough to know he approved.

 

The next exercise had Brian sitting on the floor with his legs stretched out in front of him, the rolled up towel placed beneath his heel.

 

“Now, flex your foot so that your toes are pointing towards the ceiling.”

 

Justin knelt down next to him and placed his hand on Brian’s leg, pushing down gently.

 

Brian hissed as he felt the tight muscles stretch.

 

“Eight…nine…ten. Now relax.”

 

“Fuck me.”

 

The flush returned to Justin’s cheeks as he said that.

 

“That hurt.”

 

Justin cleared his throat nervously. “We have a lot of work to do to repair your muscle strength and to gain back as much functional stability as possible.”

 

Brian just nodded his head from his space on the floor.

 

“Okay, let me help you up,” offered Justin. He didn't even wait for an answer as he reached down and placed his hands under Brian’s armpits and pulled him up. Their eyes met and Justin quickly looked away before bringing them back to look up at Brian.

 

Brian could feel the chemistry between them, it was impossible to ignore. He knew Justin must have felt it too. The way his eyes roamed his body and the soft caresses that always lasted a fraction too long for what he was doing. He wanted to say something, but they were interrupted by a loud knocking at the door.

 

“Justin, honey,” Kathy’s voice called. “Just to let you know that that sweet man of yours is on his way up.”

 

Justin cleared his throat again, it must be a nervous habit of his, Brain thought, as he stood there, still in just his boxers.

 

“Thanks, Kathy. We’re – we’re just finishing up in here anyway.”

 

“Okay, I’ll let him know,” Kathy replied.

 

Brian sat on the bed and began the awkward process of putting his brace back on.

 

“Wait,” Justin said, as he rushed over. “Your leg was looking a little sore – try this,” he said, as he squeezed some lotion onto his hands and bent down – massaging the rich cream onto the friction burns caused by the rough material of the brace.

 

Brian remained silent throughout, just watching as Justin’s hands worked their magic on the tender skin of his leg. Taking a little longer than needed to ensure that all the cream was worked in.

 

“There – feel better?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Yes, that does feel better. But now I'm thinking about your soft hands massaging me in other places and my hand drifts down to my once again hardening cock. I can’t help it, it’s a natural reaction.

 

Justin’s eyes wandered down and he pulled his lower lip between his teeth. Brian was sure he was going to say something, but they were once again interrupted.

 

“Ethan’s here, hon.”

 

Brian pulled his jeans on as quickly as he could, not even bothering to try and hide the stiffy in his trousers, he just wanted to get out of there as fast as he could. Which – when on crutches and have a busted shoulder it isn't an easy feat.

 

He got as far as the door when Justin stopped him.

 

“I’ll see you for your next appointment on Friday, yeah?”

 

Brian nodded his head, pulling open the door and pushing past Ethan on his way out.

 

Ethan watched as Brian hobbled his way down the corridor before turning his attention to his boyfriend.

 

“He looked keen to get away,” teased Ethan, as he snaked his arm around Justin’s waist bringing him in for a kiss. “Not working your patients too hard I hope.”

 

Justin pulled away, the overwhelming feeling of guilt running through him. He hadn't even done anything to feel guilty about – not really anyway.

 

“You okay?” Ethan asked, “You still not feeling well?”

 

Grabbing his coat from the back of the door, Justin smiled weakly at Ethan. “No,” he lied. “I think I'm just going to take a nap when I get home.”

 

***

 

The diner was bustling with its usual Friday night dinner crowd. Tables couldn't be cleared fast enough and orders were stacking up in the kitchen. Debbie was rushed off of her feet after pulling another fourteen hour day and all she wanted to do was go home – which, in thirty minutes she’d be able to do.

 

“Right, what’ll it be boys? “ Deb asked, as she pulled the pen out from behind her ear and looked up at her newest customers. “Oh.”

 

“Hi Deb, I’ll have a…”

 

“We’re out of those,” she said, popping her gum loudly.

 

“You don’t even know what I was going to say.”

 

“Whatever you want – we’re out of, asshole.”

 

“What the fuck, Deb?”

 

“Don’t you ‘what the fuck me’, how dare you come in here and act like nothing has happened and expect me to serve you with a fucking smile on my face.”

 

“It’s none of your fucking business, Deb.”

 

“It is my business when you mess with one of my boys.”

 

“You wouldn't understand.”

 

“Well, why don’t you try and explain it to me?” She said, as she shooed away his dinner mates and sat down across from him at the table, her arms crossed waiting patiently for the man to speak. When it was obvious he wasn't going to start, she began.

 

“I understand this much. Brian was in an accident – a serious one and you, his so-called boyfriend, his partner, has made no effort whatsoever to contact him.”

 

Adam rolled his eyes. “He’s a big boy, I'm sure he’ll manage without me.”

 

“He shouldn't fucking have to.”

 

“Listen, Deb. Brian and I… we want different things. I'm just not ready to be the person he wants me to be.”

 

“What? A fucking decent human being?”

 

Adam stood up and grabbed his coat. “I don’t need to listen to this.”

 

“Oh, I think you do, because let me tell you something, Adam Demovich, you may think the sun shines out of your ass, but it doesn't. Grow a pair and speak to him. You owe him that.”

 

“I owe him nothing,” Adam spat out angrily. “We weren't married, there was nothing binding us together. We’re done.”

 

“I was right about you all along. I told him… but he wouldn't listen. You’re a no good piece of shit.”

 

“Well, maybe he should have listened to you.”

 

“Yeah – maybe he should have… Oh, and Adam,” Debbie said, an evil grin forming on her face. “Remember that ‘special vegetarian lasagne’ I made that you loved so much? It was beef. Take that, you little shit.”

 

“Fuck you, Deb,” yelled Adam, as he stormed out of the diner, his friends only following behind when he yelled out for them for join him.

 

***

 

The buzzer to the loft woke him abruptly from his nap on the sofa. Looking at his phone he saw that he’d been asleep for a solid three hours. No wonder he felt like shit.

 

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” he groaned, as the buzzer went off again for a third time. “I can only move so fast.”

 

He hit the button. “What”? He all but growled. He really wasn’t in the fucking mood tonight.

 

“I’ve got your favourite…” Deb sing-songs over the speaker, “Tuna noodle casserole. Now let me in, I’m freezing my tits off out here.”

 

Reluctantly, Brian pressed the buzzer that released the front door, allowing her to make her way upstairs. He then pulled the loft door open and waited for the elevator to stop at his floor.

 

“I’ll heat this up for you,” she said, greeting him with a kiss on the cheek and walking past him into the loft.

 

“Deb, I’m not really…”

 

“I’m heating this up and you’re eating it.”

 

He nodded his head in defeat and took a seat at the breakfast bar, watching as she puttered around comfortably in his kitchen.

 

“I had a visitor at the diner this evening,” Deb said as she poured Brian a glass of guava juice.

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“It was Adam.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, he had the fucking nerve to show up and expect me to wait on him.”

 

Deb could see the pain on his face and hated that bastard even more.

 

“What did he say? Did he even ask how I was?” Brian asked hopefully.

 

Placing his dinner in front of him, she sighed sadly. “No, sweetie. He didn’t.”

 

Brian was silent as he pushed the food around on his plate.

 

“He isn’t worth it, baby.”

 

“I never thought I’d want to settle down,” he started, “but I changed – I changed for him.... He made me want to change.”

 

“I know honey,” Deb sighed, taking a seat next to Brian. “I love the man that you have become. But you didn't change for him, you may think you did, but you didn't. You changed because you wanted to. You grew up. He didn't.”

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders. He wanted to believe her, he really did, but right now nothing was making sense.

 

“You’ll find someone, you’re a catch.”

 

He looked at her and rolled his eyes.

 

“Thanks, Ma.”

 

“You will. You’re handsome.”

 

Brian looked at her, like ‘tell me something I don’t know’.

 

“Successful – and you’re one of the most generous people I know.”

 

Brian squirmed in his seat; he never found it easy accepting a compliment.

 

“There are a lot of guys out there – that are hotter and a hell of a lot better for you than Adam.”

 

His mind wandered to Justin and he scoffs.

 

“I know that. My physiotherapist happens to be gorgeous…”

 

“Well, there you go.”

 

“And unavailable.”

 

“But they are out there.

 

Brian nodded.

 

“Now eat up. Try and get some sleep, okay?” She said as she stood up.

 

“Are you leaving?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, I thought you might be tired. I know you had your first real physio session this afternoon.”

 

“I did, but – could you maybe stay for a bit?”

 

Debbie put her handbag down on the table and sat back down. It wasn't everyday Brian reached out to her like this, and she was going to make the most of it.

 

“Of course, baby.”

 

Scooting closer to the man she thought of as another son, she ran her fingers threw his hair in a small attempt at comfort. The fact he didn't pull away and actually leaned into the touch was concerning but she knew that he would make it through all of this. It would be a long road to recovery for Brian Kinney but he would eventually be stronger than ever.