- Text Size +

It’s Monday morning and Brian is up and dressed an hour before his alarm is due to go off. He’s already sitting at his desk and on his second cup of coffee before the sun has even risen for the day.

 

By the time his 10am staff meeting had finished, he was exhausted. He’d been in pain all weekend with his leg and was running on little sleep to no sleep.

 

He told himself he wouldn't call Justin, he had an appointment tomorrow anyway, why waste his time… The thing was, he wanted to see him, no, he needed to see him. Yes, his leg was killing him but the need to see him had nothing to do with that.

 

Not that he knew what the root of his need was. Maybe it was because Justin was helping his body heal. Maybe it was his smile and the way it radiated a room. Hell, maybe it was just because he was hot. But Brian had seen a lot of hot guys. He had fucked hundreds of them. But there was just something about Justin that made him feel better every time they saw each other. People like that were few and far between in Brian’s life.

 

Knowing he wouldn't make it until the end of the day, he relented and picked up the phone. Justin answered almost immediately, which Brian wasn't expecting.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh – hey, Justin, it’s Brian.”

 

“Hey, Brian. How’s your leg feeling?”

 

“Not great – you said if I called you might be able to fit me in... If you can’t I can just wait until tomorrow.”

 

Brian could hear Justin breathing heavily through the phone, which went straight to his dick and forced him to adjust himself so that his pants weren't pinching.Great.

 

“That should be fine, one sec; I think I have a cancellation this afternoon.”

 

“Are you running?”

 

Justin laughed apologetically. “I am, sorry. I left my appointment book with Kathy.”

 

Brian smiled to himself as he pictured him running through the waiting room to his office, the thought was just too fucking adorable… wait, there was that word again. It was popping up in his thoughts way too often lately.

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Okay – Can you get here just after one?”

 

Brian quickly checked his calendar on the computer and marked it in, so that Cynthia could rearrange his afternoon.

 

“Sure, that would be great. Thanks, Justin.”

 

He hung up and looked at the time, hoping it was later than it was, he sighed when he saw he wasn't due at the hospital for another two hours. It was a good thing he had lots of things to occupy his mind, otherwise, he’d have gone crazy from constantly looking at the clock. He pulled out a couple of files he needed to read over and sat himself on the sofa in the corner of his office and got to work.

 

***

 

Getting to the hospital a little early, Brian decided to grab himself and Justin a drink from the Starbucks located by the entrance. He wasn't sure what drink he’d like, so he ordered them both a latte to be safe. Most people liked those, right?

 

The barista handed him his drinks and that’s when it hit him – how the hell would he carry them while he was still dependent on the crutches?

 

“BRIAN? I thought that was you, sugar. Are these yours?” she asked, pointing to the drinks on the counter and picking them up before he’d even had the chance to answer her. “Let me take those for you.”

 

He never thought he’d see the day he’d be so happy to see Kathy.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Oh, honey, it’s my pleasure. I was just sitting over there finishing my hot chocolate and I thought I saw you walk in. Well, I only saw you from the back, but I’d recognise that delicious behind anywhere.”

 

“Yeah, I…”

 

He didn't think Kathy even heard him try and say something; she just carried on talking as they made their way to the department.

 

“And then I remembered Justin telling me you had an appointment this afternoon so I knew it was you.

 

“Yeah – he had a cance….”

 

“Do me a favour and see if you can get that boy to smile today. He has the most beautiful smile, it lights up a room…but he just hasn't been his happy smiley self all morning.”

 

Brian knew Justin wouldn't appreciate Kathy talking about him like this, but he was curious as to what had upset Justin. Maybe that damn fiddler had done something to piss him off. He felt bad for hoping that maybe that was why, but he couldn't help it. He didn't like him, and he hadn't since he’d first met him.

 

Before Brian had the chance to say anything, they’d reached the department, and Justin was already waiting for him. He had his back to them as they came in and was leaning against the reception desk, checking his phone.

 

Brian couldn't help but stare – the scrubs he wore hung low on his hips and clung to all the right places.

 

Holy shit, that ass.

 

“Look who I brought back with me from Starbucks,” Kathy sing-songs, slapping Justin’s butt as she made her way back to her desk.

 

Justin spun around and smiled faintly when he saw Brian standing there.

 

“Hey, Brian.”

 

“Hey.”

 

“You ready,” Justin asked, as he pushed himself off of reception, once again smiling at Brian - but It wasn't his usual sunshiny smile, though; this one didn't reach his eyes. Kathy was right, something was up with Justin and Brian was determined that by the end of their session this afternoon, he’d have the boy smiling for real.

 

“Don’t forget your drinks, boys,” Kathy said, as she handed them to Justin.

 

“One’s for you,” Brian explained, as Justin looked at the two cups in his hands.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The pain in Brian’s knee was more or less forgotten as he followed Justin to his room.

 

“I wasn't sure what you’d like, so I just went with a latte, I hope that’s okay.”

“It’s perfect, thank you,” Justin said, as he closed the door behind them.

 

“Are you okay?” Brian asked hesitantly. He wasn't planning on coming right out and asking what was wrong, but apparently his mouth wasn't listening to his brain today.

 

Justin looked up from his drink, surprise evident on his face. “I’m fine, why?”

 

“I don’t know, you just don’t seem like yourself today.”

 

“I guess I'm just tired,” Justin tried to explain.

 

Brian nodded, he knew Justin wasn't telling the truth, but he decided not to push anymore - for now. He’d open up to him when he was ready, or at least he hoped that would be the case.

 

“Right, hop up on the bed and let’s take a look at what you’ve done to yourself this time.”

 

Brian made himself comfortable as Justin washed his hands before returning and rolling up Brian’s trouser leg.

 

“Shit, your hands are freezing,” jumped Brian, as Justin’s cold hands began to examine his knee, the skin around his scar extra sensitive.

 

Justin just grinned as he continued on with what he was doing; making no effort to remove his hands and warm them up. “Whoops.”

 

Brian sighed as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the blonde’s feather light touches.

 

Jesus, he is so good with his hands…

 

“You've twisted your knee cap, which is causing your quads to tighten up.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“These muscles here,” Justin explained, as he gently massaged the taut muscles above Brian’s knee, working the tension out of them as best he could.

 

“Feel okay?”

 

Brian could only nod his head as Justin worked the tension out as best he could. The spasms in his legs had finally stopped and he once again felt like he could breathe.

 

Justin increased the pressure a little, eliciting a soft moan from Brian. “Sorry – we’re almost done.”

 

Brian covered his eyes with his hands as Justin worked his magic. The mixture of pain and pleasure was almost enough to short-circuit his brain.

Justin gently pulled his hands away and smiled down at the man below him, “look at me - it helps me see when you can’t take any more,” he explained, answering the question written so clearly across Brian’s face.

 

Brian wanted to reply and say something witty - about how he’s usually the one saying that, but he couldn't find his voice. He was far too busy thinking about how tight his pants had become. And by the look on Justin’s face, he had noticed too – or maybe that was wishful thinking on Brian’s part – but he was sure he saw the blonde’s eyes wandering down and focusing on the huge tent in his pants.

 

“We – er, we probably shouldn't do too much more today.”

 

Yep, he’s definitely noticed.

 

Brian continued to lie there, making no effort to cover himself. And why should he? He wasn't embarrassed. There was something extremely erotic about lying there, with Justin’s eyes on him. At first, he had tried so hard not to stare, but it didn't take long before the blonde couldn't hide it any longer.

 

“Are you…are you okay to keep your regular appointment tomorrow?”

 

“Yep.”

 

They were interrupted by a knock at the door and Brian had a sudden sense of déjà vu. Why did this keep happening?

 

“Justin?” Kathy called out.

 

Justin looked at Brian apologetically as he got up and walked towards the door.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Ethan phoned and said you’ll have to make your own way home today. He’s going out.”

 

Brian watched as a wave of emotions crossed Justin’s face. He went from confused, upset, to pissed off in the space of only a couple of seconds. “Thanks, Kathy,” he sighed.

Justin turned around and smiled awkwardly at Brian. “We’re done for today. But I’ll see you tomorrow at two.”

 

“You okay getting home?” Brian asked, watching as Justin busied himself with the paperwork on his desk.

 

“What? Oh, yeah, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Because…my friend Mikey is picking me up and we were going to grab a couple of drinks at Woody’s afterwards. You’re more than welcome to join us.”

 

He could literally see the internal argument going on inside Justin’s head.

 

“I probably shouldn't…”

 

Brian nodded; he knew it was a long shot.

 

“No, you know what? I will join you.

 

Brian watched in silent horror as Justin put on the ugliest blue zip up hoodie he’d ever seen over his scrubs.

 

How can someone so beautiful have such devastatingly awful taste in fashion?

 

As they were getting ready to leave, Justin’s cell phone vibrated with an incoming text message.

 

“Jerk,” he muttered quietly after reading what it said and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

 

“Ian?”

 

“His name is Ethan,” Justin laughed as he corrected him, “Yeah, I'm not in his good books at the moment.”

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

What the fuck was he apologising for? Firstly, he wasn’t sorry, not in the slightest and secondly, sorry was bullshit. Hasn’t that been his mantra for the last God knows how many years?

 

“Thanks,” Justin replied, the first sign of a genuine smile appearing on the blonde’s face for the first time that afternoon.

 

Michael pulled into the parking lot of Woody’s and dropped Brian and Justin off by the door while he went and found a parking space.

 

“What are you drinking?” Brian asked Justin as soon as they sat down.

 

“A beer’s fine,” Justin said, as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

 

“I'm getting them.”

 

Brian waved over the bartender and ordered their drinks.

 

“Hey, baby,” Emmett called out as he walked into the bar with his arm draped around Michael’s shoulder.

 

“Look who I found loitering around outside,” Michael teased.

 

Putting his hand on Justin’s back, Brian greeted his friend. “Justin, you remember Emmett? Emmett - Justin.”

 

Justin nodded, “Hi.”

 

Emmett embraced him in a tight hug, “It’s so nice to see you again, sweetie.”

 

Brian reached over and peeled his hands off of Justin, smiling apologetically as he did so. “Don’t mind him”

 

Emmett stuck his tongue out at Brian and took a seat next to Michael. “He loves me really.”

 

“Yeah, you keep telling yourself that, Honeycutt,” he teased.

 

Over the past couple of years he and Emmett had grown closer and the banter between them always flowed so freely. He still regarded Michael as his best friend and he always would, but it felt good to finally let people in and allow himself to make friends he didn't constantly hold at an arm’s length, sarcasm firmly in place.

 

“So, Justin, how’s work?” Emmett asked as he took a sip of his obnoxiously pink drink. The umbrella – which he refused to remove, bumped his nose.

 

“It’s good. I really enjoy it.”

 

“I always wanted a job where I got to wear scrubs,” proclaimed Emmett.

 

Justin looked at him questioningly over the top of his beer. “Really?”

 

“No,” Emmett laughed,” but I can’t resist a man in scrubs.”

 

Justin looked down when he realised what he was wearing, and his cheeks burned brightly.

 

Brian, who was just listening to the two of them talk couldn't stop his eyes from roaming over the blonde sitting next to him. Luckily for him, Justin had removed that god awful hoodie and was now sitting there in his scrubs looking absolutely fucking delicious.

 

The blue really brings out his eyes.

 

Michael’s cell phone rang, it was Ben. Apparently there was some sort of ‘emergency’ at home – but from the look on Michael’s face, the emergency was in Ben’s pants and he needed to go home immediately to take care of things.

 

“Will you guys be okay getting home?” Michael asked although he was practically out the door already.

 

“Mikey, there are these awesome things called cabs…” Brian teased.

 

He kissed Brian and Emmett on the lips before turning to Justin. “It was nice to meet you.

 

“You too.”

 

And then he ran out the door.

 

“Are you from around here?”

 

“Yeah, I'm from Shadyside,” Justin nodded, “although I only recently moved back. We lived in Philadelphia for the past few years while I finished school.”

 

We. Fucking Ian.

 

“I knew I hadn't seen you around. I’d remember such a pretty face.”

 

Brian rolled his eyes teasingly causing Justin to laugh.

 

“So, have you wanted to kill him yet?” Emmett asked, as pointed to Brian. “I can’t imagine him being your easiest of patients.”

 

Emmett is on a roll tonight.

 

Justin smiled “Not yet. But I have a feeling once we hit up the exercise room in our sessions I might want to.”

 

“Is that so?” Brian smirked, as he downed the last of his beer, signalling to the barmen that they wanted another round.

 

Justin returned the smirk and nodded his head. “I have a feeling things will get pretty heated between us once we get you into the gym.” Justin’s eyes grew large as he realised what he had said and how it must have sounded. “I mean, things could get nasty.” his cheeks flushed crimson.

 

Brian couldn't keep the smile off of his face as he watched Justin try and recover from what he was saying.

 

“Oh my, God, you know what I mean, though. We’ll end up at each other’s throats.”

 

Emmett was laughing hysterically. “Baby, stop, you’re making it worse.”

 

Justin looked at Brian quickly before averting his eyes. The flush from his cheeks had now spread to the tips of his ears. How could someone so unbelievably hot be so fucking adorable at the same time?

 

The barman walked over with their drinks and Justin took the beer Brian handed to him.

 

“Please let me give you something for this one?” Justin pleaded.

 

“Justin, put your fucking wallet away. I told you, these are on me.”

 

“But…”

 

“I’ll let you buy me a drink once things get heated between us,” teased Brian. He loved how easy it was to make Justin blush – and the fact he could literally feel the heat radiating from his face made it even better.

 

“Have you been to Babylon since you moved back?” Emmett asked curiously.

 

“I've never been. Ethan isn't really into the club scene.”

 

Of course he isn't.

 

Emmett looked shocked as he grabbed Justin’s arm. “Oh, sweetie, you have to. Come with us this week, you’d love it.”

 

Justin looked reluctant, but Brian could tell he wanted to go.

 

“Yeah…maybe.”

 

Emmett clapped excitedly. “I promise you’ll love it.”

 

“I’ll ask him.”

 

“If he doesn't want to go, come anyway. Surely he won’t mind you shaking your thing and having a good time?”

 

I fucking love, Emmett.

 

Justin shifted uncomfortably in his seat for a second before he answered. “You’re probably right.”

 

Emmett sensed the slight shift in Justin’s mood, and pushed another beer towards him as he started on his third, or was it his fourth Cosmo? “Are things not working out so great between you and the boyfriend since you moved back to Pittsburgh?”

 

Emmett had no shame and, after a couple of Cosmopolitans, he seemed to think of himself as the gay equivalent of ‘Dear Abby.’ Brian smiled apologetically to Justin, or at least he tried to look apologetic. In all truthfulness, he was rather interested to know the answer to this himself.

 

Justin, who was nursing his third beer, sat peeling off the label on his bottle before answering. “I don’t know what’s happened to us.”

 

“Tell, Auntie Em everything.”

 

“We were fine, we were more than fine, we were great – but everything seems so… different now.”

 

Brian looked down, he knows he should feel bad about this, but he doesn't. He feels like a complete shit for being happy to hear that things aren't working out between Justin and the fiddler.

 

Justin finishes his beer. “We just seem to have grown apart.”

 

“How long have you been together?” Emmett asked.

 

“Seven years.”

Emmett scoots his stall closer to Justin. “Holy shit, what were you? Fourteen? Fifteen?”

 

“Eighteen,” Justin laughs. “We met at school. He’s… he’s the only man I've ever been with”

 

HUH?

“What?” Emmett and Brian both ask at the same time.

 

“I know, it’s pathetic, right?”

 

“It’s not pathetic, sweetie. It’s… unusual, but it’s not pathetic.”

 

“It’s like…”

 

“Go on,” Emmett encouraged kindly. You could tell he was genuinely interested in knowing more about Justin and he wasn’t just fuelling his need to be nosy.

 

“It’s like we’re no longer compatible sexually.”

 

“What do you mean?” Brian gulped, his throat feeling very dry all of a sudden.

 

“We both want different things,” he explained, looking at Brian.

 

“How so?”

 

The flush once again returned to Justin’s cheeks. “He only ever wants to… to bottom and refuses to even consider, you know… topping me.”

 

Brian shifted awkwardly in his seat, his jeans having suddenly become uncomfortably tight.

 

“Well, honey, who can blame him?” Emmett points out after taking a sip of his fifth Cosmo, “Bottoming is divine.”

 

Brian nodded his head in agreement, the alcohol somewhat loosening his inhibitions.

 

“Do you, you know, bottom much?” Justin asked shyly. He was clearly embarrassed to be asking such a question; Brian could tell by the way he was anxiously playing with the bottle in his hands, but he was a determined little fucker and made sure to maintain eye contact as he spoke.

 

Brian cleared his throat nervously. He couldn't believe he was having this conversation - he wasn't even that drunk, was he? “I have done it.”

 

Emmett looked on silently, not used to his friend being so open and talkative; especially with someone he essentially just met – fuck that, in general.

 

“Did you not enjoy it?”

 

This wasn't something Brian was comfortable talking about, which, when he thought about how unashamedly he loved sex, was quite funny. But there was more to it, more than he was willing to talk about, hell, more than he was even willing to think about. His bottoming experience had been short lived and was something he associated with a lot of bad memories, memories of which he’d stored away.

 

“Not really.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“It just wasn't the best experience.”

 

Justin looked at him sadly as he placed a comforting hand on his arm, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand up.

 

“Baby, I'm sorry.”

 

The honesty in Emmett’s voice was so sincere that it made Brian smile. It was only then that he remembered Emmett was even there, years ago he’d have threatened the man if he even so much as whispered a word of what he’d said to anyone, but he knew now that he could be trusted. That Emmett may be a gossip whore, but he’d never betray a friend’s trust.

 

Brian shrugged. He was sorry too. When he’d met Adam, they’d both been unwavering tops, but it didn't take Adam long to resist the Kinney charm and offer up his ass. This worked well for them – or so Brian had thought, but looking back, he wondered how much of an issue this was for Adam. It wasn't like he didn't crave it, he did, he really did, and it was actually something he was silently working towards - but it was too late now. He wouldn't bottom for just anyone. He couldn't, even if he wanted to.

 

“It is what it is,” Brian said solemnly.

 

“Do you think you could – ever again, with the right person?” Justin asked.

 

Boy, he’s good.

 

Brian thought about it for a moment before he answered.

 

“I’d like to think so.”

 

Why did he look so happy with my answer?

 

“Me too,” Justin smiled earnestly.

 

Fuck, he’s beautiful.

 

“There really is nothing quite like a long, hard cock up your ass,” Emmett sighed happily.

 

Justin nodded his head in agreement.

 

“Yeah, they need to be a decent length, but for me, it’s all about girth,” he explained eagerly, then covered his face with his hands in embarrassment. “Ignore me; I think I’ve had too much to drink.”

 

Brian was happy for the conversation to be moved away from him, he’d said enough for tonight. He can’t remember the last time he’d talked this much.

 

“No no, go on,” Emmett egged on.

 

“I like, fuck, I can’t believe I'm saying this…I like the feeling of being stretched… of feeling full.”

 

He’s most definitely had too much to drink, but fuck me, if listening to him talk about feeling full isn't one of the hottest things I have ever heard.

 

“Mmmhmm! Amen to that,” Emmett agreed enthusiastically.

 

“And on that note,” Justin said, “I should probably get going. God knows what I’ll tell you if I have anything else to drink.”

 

Emmett got up and wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders. “I like you, promise me we’ll do this again – and you’ll come to Babylon?”

 

“Yeah! Save me a dance.”

 

Justin wobbled slightly on his bar stool. “Yeah, it’s definitely time I went home,” he laughed. “Wanna share a cab?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“You guys go; I'm meeting Teddy for drinks in a bit.”

 

Brian pulled out his phone and called for a cab,

“They’ll be here in two minutes,” he told Justin as he put his coat on and grabbed his crutches. “You okay to wait outside?”

 

Justin nodded.

 

They both said their goodbyes to Emmett and made their way out into the parking lot.

 

“Where do you live?” Brian asked once they were outside.

 

“Squirrel Hill.”

 

“Okay, I only live on Tremont, so they’ll drop me off first. You gonna be okay?”

 

Justin laughed. “I think I’ll manage.”

 

“Give me your phone.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, give me your phone.”

 

Justin handed his phone over and watched as Brian added himself to his contact list and then called himself.

 

“Text me when you get home.”

 

“Brian, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Just text me, okay?”

 

Justin nodded, sensing that Brian was serious.

 

“I’ll text you.”

 

When their cab pulled up, Brian held the door open for Justin and then climbed in next to him, handing him his crutches as he made himself comfortable for his short ride home.

 

They rode to Brian’s in a comfortable silence.

 

“This is me,” Brian said, as they pulled up outside the loft.”

 

“Thanks for today,” Justin said. “I really needed it.”

 

“Anytime.”

 

Justin leant over and wrapped his arms around Brian in a quick hug.

 

“Shit, sorry,” Justin muttered bashfully, he obviously hadn’t thought about it before embracing him and he seemed embarrassed by what he’d done. Brian smiled back at him and returned the hug before turning to the driver.

 

“Just put this on the Kinnetik account,” he instructed as he got out.

 

“Brian, no,” Justin tried to argue, as he got his wallet out again for the second time that evening.

 

“Put it away, Justin,” Brian said before closing the door, watching as the car drove off.

 

Brian made his way up in the elevator, the pain from his leg dulled from the alcohol and the pleasant afternoon he’d spent with Justin.

 

Did he really just think that?

 

Once inside, he sniffed his armpits – shit he stank. He showered, taking care of the hard on he’d been sporting for a majority of the afternoon no thanks to a certain hot little blonde.

 

As he was drying himself off, he heard his phone beep from the bedroom. He grabbed his crutches and hobbled as fast as he could to see who it was from.

 

Please be from Justin.

 

Home safe and sound. Thank u. J

 

Brian couldn't stop the stupid grin that spread across his face as he typed his message back

 

Glad to hear you got back okay. I’ll see you tomorrow for more torture, I mean physio. B.

Chapter End Notes:

As usual, please review. I love hearing what you think.