- Text Size +

A Tale of Four Queers


Chapter 14



Our band of pampered, feeling good travelers deplaned and were hit by 100 degrees of heat and humidity. It's Acapulco. It's summer. It's hot.


"Brian, is this another one of your brilliant ideas?" John asked, arching an eyebrow while they were all walking to the baggage claim carousel.


"Damn, it's hot." Bobby whined.


"Brian, why are we here? I thought the journal mentioned Taxco."


Brian came to an abrupt halt. Justin slammed into Brian's back causing Justin to drop his pack. As Justin bent over to pick up the pack, Bobby tripped over him and the two of them landed on their ample rumps. John and Brian both went for their partners at the same time and wound up butting heads. Seeing stars for a few seconds, the two slid to the floor. Taking a few moments to compose themselves, Brian attempted to explain this latest deviation from the route.


Rubbing his bruised forehead, "Justin, I know the journal said Taxco and I have arranged for an overnight trip to Taxco, which is about four hours away. And before you all start in on me, I planned to make Acapulco our base camp for awhile. I reserved two suites at the Casa Condesa, a gay resort."


"You're kidding?" Bobby blurted out.


"You did that for us?" Justin quipped.


"There are gay resorts?" John inquired, still rubbing his forehead.


Brian looked at the astonished faces and answered. "No, I'm not kidding, and who else would I do that for. And Jeez John, get with the program. Now, is someone going to help me off this filthy floor? We have bags to claim and a cab to catch. And when we get to the hotel, I am going to review the rules."


The twinks helped their partners up and they followed Brian to the baggage claim quietly asking each other about the aforementioned rules.


Casa Condesa was happily nestled within a tropical setting, a five minute walk from a private and gay beach. Each suite had a king sized bed, fit for a queen or two. Tanned and fit cabana boys were at their beck and call. The boys took some time to settle in then Brian called the meeting to order.


"Okay, here's the deal. First of all, for those of us who have het flashbacks, this is a gay resort. We can safely suck face wherever we damn please while we're here. We can go swimming buckass naked if we so choose and we can be as loud as we want while we're fucking. We can hold hands, cuddle, if you're into that sort of thing, and otherwise act like lesbians while we're on the resort. And I stress, while we're on the resort. Out of here, we act like four guys on a holiday, who just aren't interested in all the pussy that may be flaunted in our direction."


"Brian, that's gross," Justin complained.


"Yeah, well, shit happens. As for you two..." Brian glared at Justin and Bobby. "You two will stay at our sides at all times. You will not walk off this resort without me or John accompanying you. The two of you are just too damn pretty. Four of us came on this journey together and four of us are going home together. Do I make myself clear?"


"Brian?"


"Yes, Bobby?"


"Do you really think Justin and I might get into trouble?"


"Bobby, you sweet beautiful redhead, I have just one word for you."


"Oh? What's that?"


"Cabimas."


"Point taken."


"Good. Justin?"


"I can handle myself."


"Justin."


"But if it'll make you happy, I won't leave your side, your front, your back, your..."


"I get the picture. So are we all agreed?" Three heads nodded. "Good, now I suggest we change into something skimpy, go to the pool, order something cold in a pineapple or a coconut and go over our trip to Taxco." Three heads nodded and they were off.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Instead of hiring a car and driver, they arranged to join a tour going to Taxco, made reservations at a decent hotel and would join the tour returning to Acapulco the following day. That gave them time to explore Taxco, the neighboring villages and shop at the dozens of jewelry outlets that lined the streets of this ancient mining town. The town was a mixture of old and new. Modern structures were built adjacent to ancient ones. Flashy salesmen bartered next to old men and women in traditional garb. It was hot, noisy and dirty. The quality of the gold and silver was impeccable, yet many of the villagers went hungry. Poverty was rampant. While John, Bobby and Justin were checking out an old chapel, Brian's eye for fine silver and gold was put to the test.


Finding a reputable store that took plastic, Brian sat in a relatively clean and comfortable chair and for an hour and half he allowed the salesman to hawk his wares. Totally unimpressed, Brian reached for a jeweler's loop, cleaned it with the hem of his t-shirt then examined the dozens of bracelets, necklaces, chains and pendants that were shown him. Sweeping away all but six, Brian glared at the poor sap who called himself a silver expert.


An elder craftsman who was watching from within the shop came out to service Brian personally. In very clear English, the master jewelry maker addressed Brian. "Sir, I see you have an eye for quality. May I show you some of our more exclusive pieces?" Brian raised an eyebrow then nodded. Out came some hand-crafted 18 karat gold bracelets that were delicate but not effeminate. The links were durable, bold and yet laid flat against the wrist. Brian smiled in appreciation. He held the bracelet next to his skin and his smile grew broader. A couple of young women who were looking at rings, stopped to admire the bracelet and to admire Brian. Brian noticed a blond with pale skin.


"Excuse me, would you mind holding out your wrist for a moment?" Brian asked the blonde.


"Of course not," the woman purred back.


"Thank you." Brian held the bracelet next to her skin and murmured, "That will do very nicely. Thank you again."


"Mmm, you're going to make some girl very happy."


"Not exactly," Brian mumbled back. He concluded his purchases with enough pieces to bejewel all of Liberty Avenue then walked out to find Justin, John and Bobby.


Brian found his companions within the ruins of an old church. Not much of the original structure survived, but what did was magnificent. Brian could make out two adjacent walls. One wall was obviously the back of the church where the altar would have been. Perfectly aligned with what would have been the rising sun was a stained glass window picturing a seated figure of Christ as a shepherd tending his flock of worshippers.


Something about how the Christ figure was sitting on the rock, holding out his hand, struck a familiar chord with Brian. Brian looked at the figures who were listening to the sermon. There amongst the worshipers was one young man holding out his hand toward Christ.


"You see it too, don't you?" Justin had walked toward Brian.


"Yes, I do. This has to be their work. There's no mistaking that gesture."


"Or the rock."


"Or the rock."


"Brian, I want to go home."


"Are you sure? There are several more villages still to see before we get to Texas."


"I know but we accomplished what we set out to do. I've had a wonderful time and learned so much but I miss home. I miss my mom and our friends. I miss the loft and our bed."


Brian gazed into Justin's eyes and longed for the privacy of a room, someplace where he could take the boy into his arms and make everything better.


"Tonight at dinner we'll discuss it with the guys. Let John have this experience at Casa Condesa for a few days and I'll make the arrangements for Texas. Deal?"


"Deal. Let's find the guys."


"Did you take pictures of the window?"


"Plenty."


"Okay then, let's go."


Not quite touching but walking very close, Brian and Justin went to find John and Bobby.


The boys spent their time at Casa Condesa in homo heaven. They sat on the beach, held hands between their lounges, kissed whenever they felt like it and fucked their collective brains out every night.


They had all agreed that they were about ready to go home. They had found out more about Kinney and Patrick than they ever could have imagined. It was great to know that their ancestor had left a legacy of artwork across Central and South America, to say nothing of what they had already found in the U. S. None of them was overly religious although John had attended church most of his life. They had found many of the churches they visited beautiful, but they had all seen enough of them to last for the rest of their lives.


On their last night in Acapulco Brian and Justin lay in their bed snuggled against each other having just finished a particularly heated round of lovemaking.


"This has been a great trip," Justin said playing with one of Brian's nipples, "but I'll be glad to be back in the States."


"Me too."


"You enjoyed it, didn't you?" Justin asked sitting up a bit so he could look into Brian's eyes.


"Yes, I have. We met some great people. Edna and Juan and Miguel and Pablo."


"And some not so nice like that Maria."


"Yeah, and the guy that hit on Bobby in Cabimas."


"And that one priest."


"Yeah," Brian said thinking, "but overall most of our experiences were good."


"You know," Justin said thoughtfully, "I'd like to invite Edna to come visit us."


"You would?"


"Yeah, do you think she'd come?"


"I don't know. We did meet her on a plane, so she still travels. I'm not sure she would want to come back to the States. Her life is elsewhere now."


"Maybe she could bring Miguel with her," Justin chuckled.


"You still think they were getting it on, don't you?"


"Yeah, didn't you?"


"What the fuck do I know about hetero attraction?" Brian snorted.


"You seem to have gotten your fair share of it on this trip." Brian raised an eyebrow. "Remember Maria, and even Edna would have had you in bed if you had been a few years older.


"Nah," Brian scoffed. "She's much too young for me."


"You are silly, Brian Kinney."


"Maybe … sometimes," Brian smiled kissing the top of Justin's head.


"Edna was so great to us. I'd like her to meet my mom and Debbie. I bet she'd love to see Gus."


"Then go ahead and ask her. We could put her up in style if she decides to come … and Miguel too if he comes with her."


"I love you, Brian Kinney."


"I know."


Justin tilted his head up and pressed his lips against Brian's. Sometimes he wondered how he had been lucky enough to find Brian that first night he had gone to Liberty Avenue. He still shuddered to think what might have happened if he had gone with somebody else.


The kiss deepened and each of them moaned as they broke apart. Brian's lips found the delectable spot on Justin's neck, the one that drove the boy crazy.


"Ready for one more night of mad mariachi passion?" Brian smirked.


"Absolutely," Justin replied as he felt Brian slide between his legs.