- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

On two different continents, a couple of people are closer to each other than they are aware of, but that is about to change.    

Jennifer Taylor looked at the painting that hung on Mark's wall over the mantelpiece and felt a shudder of pride. It had been the most delightful surprise when he presented it to her upon his return from his long business trip. She stared down at the beautiful diamond and white gold rings on her left hand. Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about how dramatically her life had changed in only one year. Two years ago her whole world had been turned upside down for the second time in her life when her husband of twenty plus years had been killed in an auto accident with his latest mistress by his side. The two had been out partying at a club notorious for its open drinking, despite Prohibition of alcohol sales, and Craig had plowed into a tree when he missed a turn on his way to the apartment he kept apart from his family for his trysts. 

All Jennifer's friends had pitied the poor woman for her loss of her husband and the scandal of his death, but Jennifer had never felt more free. Her life with Craig had not been good for some years and the loss of her son on a family vacation had only made things worse. A part of her hated Craig for the way he seemed to simply accept that Justin was gone forever. She had made annual trips back to Egypt for three years in a row but had never gotten any new answers to all her unanswered questions. She was slowly beginning to accept that Justin was no longer alive, but there was still a small part of her that couldn't give in the concept. Despite that glimmer of hope that she nursed, she had long since stopped talking about Justin in any way with her husband. 

Craig's death had left Jennifer financially quite comfortable. She had been able to find a buyer for her husband's company and received a generous payment that she used her innate intelligence to invest wisely with. Luckily, and unbeknownst to her, she had never felt comfortable with her husband's vast investments in the booming stock market, thus she had cashed in all the stocks and invested in properties, gold, and precious stones instead. Her choice would prove to be a life saver two years later when the stock market would crash and thousands upon thousands of people would lose their life's savings. In the meantime, she made the decision to move away from home and all the pitying comments and stares of everyone she knew. She was ready for a change.

Jennifer decided to get into the real estate business in a big way and moved to a small town outside New York City. She worked hard for the next year to get her realtor's license and then set up a small business of her own. She had numerous listings in the big city and thus spent much time there. Her one special treat was taking Molly to the theater whenever a new musical or play was being opened. She also loved spending time with Molly at one of the many fine art galleries that New York City had to offer. Life had finally given Jennifer the happiness that had been missing for over four years. She longed for nothing more, outside of finding her son alive. She didn't even think of herself as being lonely and then it happened. 

Six months ago, Jennifer had visited one of her favorite museums. There were international artists displayed throughout the building and she loved nothing more than to check out the antiquities of other nations, particularly those from Egypt. She had become obsessed with that Country. On this particular day there was a large exhibit of treasures from some of the recent Pyramid discoveries. She could never explain it, even to herself, but somehow she always felt closer to Justin when she saw such things. She had been standing staring at one of the glassed in cases filled with jewelry pieces when the tall distinguished gentleman next to her spoke quietly.

"Magnificent craftsmanship," he sighed deeply.

She turned her head and stared into the most gentle blue eyes she had ever seen in a truly handsome face. The older man had turned to look at her as he spoke. Jennifer, who was normally not comfortable with talking to strangers, felt totally at ease answering this man. 

"I agree," she said. "They certainly had skilled artisans in those days. We are truly fortunate that their work did not remain buried for all time."

That was the beginning. Without even thinking about it, the couple began sharing insights on the displays one after another. Hours later the gentleman, who said his name was Mark Chambers, had invited Jennifer to dinner. During that meal Jennifer discovered that the handsome fifty year old was a childless widower in the jewelry business who traveled all over the world for both business and pleasure. Egypt was one of his favorite countries to visit to find beautiful pieces for his stores, and he found his new companion a delightful woman with a sharp mind and beauty to match. Within two months, the couple were engaged to be married. Mark got along beautifully with Molly and the feeling was mutual. The fact that Mark owned several homes, including a small ranch in Virginia that boasted quite a stable of horses and Molly loved horses more than anything on Earth, could have been the deciding factor for the thirteen year old. 

Jennifer and Mark had been inseparable since that first date, except for a month that he had to be away on a buying trip that included Europe and the Middle East. He had invited his fiancee to join him, but she warned him that they would have to delay the wedding if she didn't stay home and complete the arrangements for the ceremony. The thought of waiting to marry Jennifer even for a short time was too much for Mark and he reluctantly agreed to travel alone and get back as soon as possible. He planned a return trip to many of the same spots he had just visited once they were married as a honeymoon with no business to interfere in their pleasures. 

Within a week of Mark's return home, the wedding ceremony was performed. The guest list was huge as both of the couple had countless friends and business associates to include in the event. Jennifer wore a beautiful peach colored silken gown that hung straight down her body to just below her knees. A soft peach swath of satin encircled her slender hips with a bow tied in the front. She wore five lustrous strands of perfect pearls at the V neck of her sleeveless gown. Her thick blonde hair was short cropped in the popular bob of the day and her face glowed with the happiness she felt. She stood beside her new husband who was equally magnificent in his suit straight from Savile Road in London. They made a beautiful couple. 

Just after their wedding and the wonderful reception, the couple returned to Mark's New York townhouse that was now their primary home. Molly had gone to spend a couple of nights with friends right after the party so that the newlyweds could have the home to themselves for a couple of days. It was then that Mark led his new bride into the library where a servant had just hung the wedding gift that Mark had purchased for his beloved. It was a breathtaking portrait of Jennifer herself with a background setting that was unmistakably Egyptian. She was sitting sideways on a camel in front of the Great Pyramids of Egypt and the likeness was so authentic that Jennifer felt as if she should remember having posed for the painting. The painting brought tears to her eyes. Rather than making her sad at the loss of her son in that Country, the painting made her feel oddly closer to her son. It was just one more indication that Mark knew her better than any other human being had ever done before. Craig had not even wanted the name of Egypt mentioned in his house once they had returned nearly five years earlier. Jennifer knew again that she had made the right choice for her future.

After Jennifer had given Mark her wedding gift, a beautiful watch engraved with their wedding date on the back, the couple had fulfilled all their dreams for their wedding night. Once the ardor had finally calmed and they lay in each other's arms, Mark told his bride the story of how he had attained the painting for her. He had been an occasional customer of antiquity dealer Brian Kinney and was on a guest list at an art gallery opening the man was sponsoring for his young ward, a 'nephew' named Justin Kinney. He had been struck by the young man's artistic talents and felt the sudden urge to have the young man paint the portrait of his fiancee that he had intended to have done by a more seasoned artist in Paris. He was pleasantly surprised when the young man agreed to take on the commissioned piece even though he had a very limited time to produce it before his customer would be returning to the States. He was even more surprised at how good the painting was in that short a time. He gladly paid the five thousand dollars that the young man's 'uncle' said it was worth.

Mark had been more than pleased to see Jennifer's reaction when she saw the painting. He had no doubt he had been right in taking a risk on the fledgling artist. They were only a couple of weeks away from beginning their honeymoon and Mark made up his mind that he was going to introduce his wife to the young Justin Kinney. He was aware that the young man had the same first name as her son, but Jennifer was not the type to make a big deal about something like that. She obviously loved the young man's work and the fact that she spent long periods of time staring at the painting told him that she would welcome meeting the artist who had painted it. He made a mental note to add Cairo to their itinerary for the honeymoon and to seek a meeting with Mr. Kinney and his 'nephew'. 

**************************************************

Justin pulled the bowl of cleaner over to him so that he could wash out his brush. He absent-mindedly used the cloth to clean the brush while staring at the canvas on his easel. He was nearly finished with the piece. It was his third commission since the big showing at the gallery after his graduation from the University. He was not quite satisfied. Ever since he completed his first commissioned piece for Mr. Chambers of New York City, he had been more critical of his own work. The piece for Mr. Chambers had been so easy for him. There was something about the woman in the photo that made Justin feel good. She was quite beautiful, but it was more than that. She had the kindest face and he enjoyed every minute of the time he spent drawing her. Nothing had come close to the satisfaction he felt when creating her painting, except those times he would take off from his real work to indulge in his favorite pastime of drawing his beloved Brian. It concerned Justin just a little. He was far too new at this to be burned out already. He hoped that he would become inspired again, and soon.

It was at that moment that Brian came into the garden studio with a cablegram in his hand. He walked over to where Justin was standing and peered over the young man's shoulder. The painting was beautifully sketched out, but the colors were not as vibrant as Justin usually produced. He frowned slightly and then leaned forward to kiss his lover on the cheek.

"Are you having painter's block this time around, Sunshine?"

Justin put the brush down and turned to place his paint splattered fingers on Brian's cheeks. He pulled the taller man's face down to his and gave Brian a loving kiss. When Brian stood erect, Justin could see tiny paint marks on his lover's cheeks. He laughed out loud.

"Well Brian, if I'm not inspired to paint canvases anymore I can always go into the body painting business."

Brian felt his cheek and pulled Justin close to him. Justin pulled back a little. 

"Brian, look out. You'll get paint all over your new suit."

"What's a little paint between two friends," he laughed. 

Brian began kissing Justin in earnest. His mouth engulfed Justin's and he took possession, allowing no more protests. Quickly, Justin had no desire to protest as he fell under that familiar spell that Brian always weaved around him whenever they joined bodies. The kisses continued to deepen and before long Justin could feel Brian's fingers slipping under the loose shirt he wore. Brian's fingers searched out the small buds of Justin's nipples and began rolling them until he could feel them harden. Justin reached for Brian's pants and loosened them so that they began to slide down over his hips. Brian quickly lowered his hands and made Justin's pants join his at the floor of the studio. The couple began inching their way backward while still in a firm embrace until Brian could feel the ottoman he had provided for Justin in the studio at the back of his legs. 

Brian fell back onto the thickly cushioned ottoman while pulling Justin down on top of him. Their kisses deepened even more and in no time the men were sporting raging hard-ons. They were too horny for each other this time around to need any foreplay. Brian laid back onto the length of the ottoman and waited for Justin to climb aboard. Justin spread his legs and straddled Brian's body. He climbed up until he was straddling Brian's waist. He leaned over and continued to probe Brian's mouth with his tongue. The older man was in agony. If his cock didn't find its way home in seconds, it would explode. Justin finally took pity and sat up on his knees. He quickly spit into his hand and reached back to prepare his entrance. Brian took a firm hold of his cock and teased at Justin's hole, lubricating it further with his pre-come. When the stage was set for the main show, Justin perched himself carefully and then fell back onto Brian's shaft.

Brian let out a satisfied 'oomph' as Justin came down hard all the way to the hilt. The two men paused to savor the moment and the warmth they had just brought to each other. Slowly Justin began rocking his hips back and forth and side to side. The fire that flamed so rapidly between the lovers whenever they touched began to build into an inferno one movement after another. Brian could feel his senses reeling so quickly and Justin let out a tiny yelp each time Brian hit the magic spot inside. Much too quickly, the air was filled with the heat that poured from their bodies, and they groaned out one last sound of animal passion that came from deep within them as they reached their mutual climaxes. 

Justin lay out on Brian's body and waited for their heartbeats to slow to a normal pace. Once that happened, he slid off of Brian and lay beside his lover. When he felt he could finally talk he turned to Brian and propped himself up on his elbow.

"So, Mr. Kinney, did you just come to ravage me or did you have something to tell me?"

Brian stuck his tongue out. "Who ravaged who?" he inquired.

Justin leaned over and gave Brian another warm kiss. Brian pulled back and smiled happily into the blond's beautiful face. Suddenly he snapped his fingers. 

"Oh shit! I did come in here for a reason...and no, not that," he told Justin when he saw the young man looking down at his flaccid cock. "I got a cablegram from one of my old customers. Well, it is more accurate to say one of yours and my customers. Do you remember Mark Chambers, the man who commissioned the wedding gift?" Justin nodded his head. "Well Mr. Chambers is coming back and bringing his bride with him. Apparently she loved your work and would like to meet the artist in person. So what do you think? Who knows, maybe you'll get another commission out of the deal. But it is up to you, of course."

Justin felt a momentary fluttering in his chest that had nothing to do with the afterglow of sex with Brian. For some reason Justin felt nervous and yet excited about the prospect of meeting Mr. Chambers again. The thought was a little unnerving but not enough to make Justin reluctant to accommodate the wealthy patron. He nodded his head at Brian.

"Tell Mr. Chambers that I welcome the chance to see him again."

"Are you sure?" Justin nodded again.

"Okay, Sunshine. I'll cable him in the morning. Now you'd better get changed. It's nearly dinner time and I promised Debbie we'd come to the hotel to eat tonight."

Brian slapped Justin's ass gently as he rose up and gathered his pants from the foot of the ottoman. As Brian walked away, Justin lay on the ottoman naked from the waist down and tried to figure out why he was having butterflies dancing in his stomach. He finally decided he was simply hungry and quickly rose to go get dressed. He pulled his pants back on and made haste to follow in Brian's footsteps.

To be continued................................