- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well my friends, our Egyptian adventure has come to a close.  We will have our last trip into the desert.  I want to offer my special thanks once more to the wonderful Helen for offering me her PB and trusting me with it.  I hope I have made her proud.  I also want to thank Eka once more for the splendid banner to accompany this story.  Thanks to my friend Pat for her patience as my beta.  I owe them all a debt of gratitude.  I hope you will enjoy this final chapter and then join me for my new story starting soon, called "The Story Teller"...another PB offered to me by a wonderful reader.  Once again, thanks for all your support in reading my story and the many wonderful comments.  Now without further delay, the final chapter.   Grammy    

Brian and Justin had hurried to re-dress themselves after reliving one of the happiest times of their lives in the hotel bedroom. They would have enjoyed cuddling up to each other and basking in the afterglow if they didn't know that Justin's mom would be waiting on them in the hotel cafe. They were both a little edgy, and even though the passionate lovemaking had eased the stress a little it couldn't eliminate it altogether. They were fully aware that time was running out rapidly. Hard decisions had to be made and lived with.

Justin had already made up his mind beyond any doubts that he would not leave Brian. Life without Brian wouldn't be a life worth living. He did want to see his sister again and take a look back on his forgotten past, but he knew that Brian would figure out something wherein they could both travel to America. Only then would he want to return home. Egypt was where he felt like his life had truly begun. As long as he was with Brian he would be content. Brian was extremely grateful. He had made it perfectly clear that the decision to go or stay was entirely in Justin's hands. Brian stated emphatically that he would go along with whatever Justin chose to do. He knew a part of him would die if Justin left, but he made no mention or even hinted at that. He would not be the one to hold Justin back if he wanted to go. When his golden boy made it just as clear that he had no intention of leaving Brian, the older man had to admit that a heavy burden lifted from his spirit.

But now it was time to face the music. Justin looked back into the room they had just shared before he opened the door to the hallway. The bed was in complete disarray as a result of the wild lovemaking that had gone on there just before. Justin smiled up at Brian, who was waiting for the door to be opened. Justin let go of the doorknob and pulled Brian's face down to his so that he could fully express his gratitude for Brian's love one more time.

When he let Brian's lips free at last he asked, "Are you ready? I'm going to tell Mom how I feel tonight."

"Are you sure? You can always wait another day or two. Think it over again and make damned sure it is what you want?"

"I am sure Brian. More sure of this than anything ever before. Do you still want me to stay in your life?"

Brian grabbed Justin back to him. He pressed his lips hard and firm on his young lovers mouth. He stopped and looked Justin squarely in his face.

"Yes," he said simply but with all the deep feelings that lived in his heart.

"Then tonight it is," Justin vowed.

The couple left the room. They had no regrets. They knew they'd be back.

*************************************************

It took less than a minute for Brian and Justin to know that something wasn't right when they arrived in the cafe. It wasn't the fact that Jennifer and her husband were not waiting for them even though they were slightly late now. It was the look on Debbie and Emmett's face that sounded the alarm. The moment they saw the couple enter the cafe, the red head and her companion felt a chill. They didn't know how they were going to tell the boys that their secret was out and that it was their fault, even though innocently so. But there really wasn't time to think about it. Brian and Justin approached them with a question on their faces.

"What's happening Deb, you two look like someone just told you that Michael got married to a girl," Brian half joked, hoping for a derisive laugh from his two friends.

The look on their faces said plainly that the problem was no laughing matter. Butterflies started fluttering madly in Justin's stomach. Something told him that the problem involved himself. Deb's next word confirmed his worst fears.

"Justin, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. It was really careless but totally unintentional."

"What was, Debbie?" Justin asked, his voice rising slightly.

'Your Mom. We had no way of knowing that she and Mark had arrived. There were so many people around and so much noise. We didn't see them until it was too late."

Brian interrupted. "Will you please spit it out," exasperation coloring his tone.

Debbie blurted it all out. The color visibly drained from Justin's face as she recounted exactly what his mother had to have heard and her distressed reaction. He turned to Brian, shaken. This was not what he had hoped for. He really didn't know how he had planned to handle the whole situation, but it certainly wasn't in this manner. Brian put a comforting arm around Justin's shoulder, not caring if the wrong person would spot the affectionate gesture.

"Don't stress about it, Sunshine. I'm telling you now that I've watched Jennifer closely in the last couple of weeks. I haven't a doubt in my mind that she loves you completely. I think you should give her the benefit of the doubt. You don't really have a choice anyway. Do you want me to go with you to talk to her or do you want to go alone? Whatever you want, I'll agree to. It's your decision Justin."

Justin stayed under Brian's protective arm for a few more minutes, then stepped back and squared his shoulders. He wasn't a helpless kid anymore. Brian had helped him to become a man. He would face his mom like the man he was.

"I'll see her alone first Brian. But please don't leave."

"Damn Justin, do you really think I would. I'll be right here if you need me, however long it takes."

Brian gave Justin a reassuring squeeze of his hand. He wanted to kiss away the young man's fears, but they were in public. That would have to wait for privacy. Justin walked out of the cafe and headed for the stairs in the lobby. He walked with determination, making every one of his friends and Brian proud of him as they stared after him...praying that the beautiful artist would not be hurt.

****************************************************

Mark sat beside his wife and watched for her reaction. He had decided to take a risk and explain about his favorite Uncle, Phillip. He spared no details about how the family reacted when the man told them of his great love for another man. She listened intently, only breaking down when Mark came to the end of his story by telling her how his beloved uncle was found months later hanging from a hotel light fixture in New Orleans. He had gone there for a vacation with his lover. The man, a prominent doctor back home, found a note. Phillip had tried once more to contact his parents. They had sent a terse telegram telling him never to darken their doorstep again...that he was dead to them. The note was found crumpled next to the telegram. Jennifer began crying again, but this time her tears were for the lost soul who felt so abandoned without his family's love that he took his own life to fulfill their declaration.

Once her tears had subsided for the second time, she sat back and looked at her wonderful husband. She knew in her heart that she would not have been able to face what she had discovered about her son if it weren't for Mark. Just then, they heard a light tapping on their door. Mark got up and opened it up. Justin stood in the door frame waiting for permission to enter.

"Mom, we need to talk."

"I know Son. Come in."

Mark stayed at the door as Justin moved past him.

"I'm going downstairs," he informed mother and son. "You two need to talk alone. And Justin, give your mom a chance. This is all new to her, but she loves you more than life. Just be honest with her. That's all she wants from you."

Justin nodded and waited until the door closed behind Mark. He walked slowly to the divan across from the bed. He sat down and waited. Jennifer spoke first.

"Do you love him Justin...I mean, are you in love with this man?"

Justin stared straight at her and he couldn't help the look that crossed his face when he thought of his love for Brian.

"More than anything in my life, Mom. All I want is to be with him, every day for the rest of my life."

"Are you sure it isn't just gratitude for his saving your life...for making you safe and giving you a good life when you had nothing? Are you sure he isn't just taking advantage of that?"

Justin looked stricken. "No Mom! No! Brian would never do that! If you knew him better, you'd know that he would never take advantage of me or anyone else. It isn't who he is. I pursued him. I flirted with him. I wanted him from early on. He tried to avoid his feelings for me, but I wouldn't let him. He has made it clear that it is my choice whether to stay with him or go with you. He only wants my happiness. But Mom, my only happiness is with him. I want to come home...someday to visit, but I don't want to be anywhere that Brian isn't. Please tell me you understand or at least can live with that. Please!

"Oh Justin! Son, I love you. I can't tell you I understand your loving another man. But...but I can tell you that I love you enough to want you to be happy. If you say that this man is what makes you happy, then I will accept it. You have to give me time to adjust. I've only gotten you back, you know. I had given up my dreams of having you around years ago. I gave up dreams of grandchildren who looked just like you...with your beautiful smiling face. Suddenly I had those dreams again and now I have to accept that I have to give them up once more. It hurts, but at least this time I know you're alive and certainly happy. Justin, I've seen how much Brian cares for you. Looking back, I think I knew all along it was more than friendship. You both seem different when you are close together. I believe in you Son. If you need to stay, I won't try to stop you." She paused for a moment. Then...."But Justin, if you ever want to come home, just let me know. The door is always open to you."

"And Brian?"

"And Brian, as long as you want it to be."

Justin rose quickly and encircled his Mom with his arms. He hugged her with all the love and gratitude in him. The world hadn't ended when he told her the truth. He thanked whatever heavens allowed this. He could hardly wait to see Brian and tell him the news. He rang for a bellboy and sent a message to the cafe with a request that Brian and Mark join them. The two men arrived shortly after, only to find their loved ones laughing together and chatting about future trips.

Two days later, Brian and Justin saw Jennifer and Mark off at the train station. They were off to the port city where their ship back home was docked. There were hugs and tears and promises all around. As the train pulled out of the station, Justin smiled up at Brian. The two men walked quickly back to their vehicle. They had plans to complete.

********************************************

Brian and Justin stood at the entrance to their tent and gazed out at the desert sky. It was pitch dark except for the many twinkling stars that shone above them and the fire-lit torches buried in the sand throughout the encampment. The moon shone behind the Pyramids giving them a soft glow. Prince Ahmad had come through once again and provided select men of great discretion to serve as guides for the small caravan that was to make the pilgrimage to the Great Pyramids, the scene of the event that ultimately brought the lovers together. In this vast desert, with these men, Brian could hold his beloved Justin close to him. They had spent the previous day banishing the last of the ghosts of that painful day. Justin still didn't remember all the details, but enough came to mind with his mother's help that he knew what had probably happened. It no longer mattered. The end result was all that mattered now.

Brian drew Justin back into the large tent and closed the flaps, securing them tightly. He drew Justin further into the tent and stopped as they stood over a large snow white fur rug. Brian loosened the tie at the top of his caftan. He waited patiently while Justin loosened his too. The caftans fell to the floor around them. Brian slowly touched Justin's chest and felt the pleasure of Justin doing the same to him. Their hands slipped down and loosened the drawstrings of their pants. The pants fell to the floor, joining the caftans. They were already barefooted and wore no undergarments. They kicked the clothing away from them and sank down to the rug on their knees. Their bodies quickly joined, lips to lips, chests to chests, hips to hips, thighs to thighs, cocks to cocks. Their kisses lingered for long, long minutes. They each grabbed onto a handful of buttocks and pulled each other ever closer. They played with each other, manipulating holes, getting them ready for loving. Their lips never fully parted from each other as they rubbed their groins together, savoring the delicious contact while still working the backsides.

Tonight, Brian would make Justin his again and then, before the night was over, Justin would do the same for Brian. Both men would be filled up with the love that the other had to share only for and with one another. Their sounds of pleasure would ride out on the cool desert breeze and float over the tips of the nearby Pyramids. The desert had known many lovers in its time, there was no doubt, but never ones that had more passion for one another than Brian Kinney and his one and only Justin...of the smiling face. This night was only one of so many more that they would share as the decades went on. The monuments would no doubt look down again on this couple as they made love in the shadow of the Pyramids.

The End

The End.
mandagrammy is the author of 93 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked In The Shadow of the Pyramids also liked 686 other stories.