- Text Size +

 

A couple of minutes later, both became unaware of the fact that they were not alone in the room anymore after Craig Taylor walked through the doorway.

"What the fuck is this?" Craig yelled.

Upon hearing his father's voice, Justin released Brian and pulled away quickly, which caused a sharp pain in his belly. "Dad, uh..." Justin said in a strained voice.

"Get the fuck away from him!" Craig yelled at Brian, who got up from the bed as quickly as he could without hurting himself.

Just as Brian's feet hit the floor, Craig charged at him, grabbing him by the front of his black t-shirt. "You Goddamned pervert!" Craig yelled in Brian's face.

"Dad, stop it!" Justin screamed as he tried to get between them, only creating more pain in his abdomen and incision site.

Normally, Brian would be able to defend himself against someone trying to attack him face-to-face, but he was unable to in his weakened state. Craig had him on the floor before Justin's attending nurse for the day, a young woman named Hillary, and an orderly ran into the room to see what the commotion was about.

Craig managed to connect a blow to the side of Brian's face before the orderly, a tall, muscular man, was able to pull him off. Nurse Hillary, who recognized Brian from his stay at the hospital, went down to her knees to tend to him.

"This man was trying to rape my son!" Craig yelled as he struggled in the orderly's arms.

"No, he wasn't!" Justin screamed, tears now streaming down his reddened face from the physical and emotional pain his father was causing him.

"I'm gonna kill you, you fucking faggot!" Craig roared while the orderly attempted to drag him out into the hallway. A male doctor soon arrived and grabbed Craig's flailing feet, and the two were able to remove a still-ranting Craig from the room.

Hillary and another nurse managed to get Brian off the floor and onto the bedside chair. Despite Hillary's order to stay in his bed, Justin got up to check on Brian.

"Are you okay?" Justin choked out through his tears.

"Yeah," Brian said. "Just a little embarrassed that your old man nearly kicked my ass."

Justin caressed Brian's cheek, which was pink from the hit. "I'm so sorry."

Brian smiled a bit as he reached up to wipe a tear from Justin's face. "It's not your fault, Sunshine."

Two security guards soon entered the room to get Brian and Justin's side of the story after speaking to Craig outside.

"That older man is your father, correct?" one of the guards, whose name tag identified him as Daniel Collins, asked Justin.

"Yes," Justin said as Hillary helped him back onto his bed.

Daniel then pointed to Brian. "And he is...?"

Justin bit his lip as he thought about it, unsure of how to label Brian. He went with a safe answer. "He's my friend."

"And was he trying to force himself on you?" Daniel asked.

"No!" Justin quickly said. "We were just kissing."

"Last I checked, it's not illegal for two grown men to suck face," Brian said, trying to cut the tension.

Daniel raised an eyebrow as the other guard chuckled. "Alright. Do you wish to press charges on his father for attacking you, Mister...?"

"Kinney," Brian answered. "And no, I'm fine."

A teary-eyed Jennifer Taylor arrived a few moments later and rushed over to Justin's bedside. "My God, Justin, what happened?" she asked. "Your father said that some man tried to force himself on you?!"

"No, Mom," Justin, who had managed to calm down enough to stop crying, said. "Dad walked in when me and Brian were kissing, and he went nuts and hit Brian."

Jennifer's head quickly turned to look at Brian, who was now holding a cold compress to his cheek. "Kissing?" she repeated.

Brian, who knew from his previous talks with Justin that he wasn't out to his parents yet, didn't know what to say. "Uh..."

"Yes, Mom," Justin said in a confident tone.

Jennifer's tears spilled down her cheeks as she pressed a hand to her chest. "So you're...?"

Justin looked directly into his mother's eyes as he announced, "I'm gay... have been for a long time."

Jennifer covered her mouth and released a tiny whimper before turning to walk out of the room.

After Brian and Justin confirmed to the staff members in the room that they were both okay, Justin sunk back into his inclined bed once they were alone again. "Shit," he whispered.

Brian took a deep breath and released it slowly. "I'm... sorry about that."

"About what?"

"You probably didn't want them to find out you were gay like that," Brian clarified.

"No... but at least I don't have to worry about telling them anymore," Justin said with a small chuckle. "I've never seen my dad that pissed."

Brian took the compress from his cheek and sat it down on the bed table. "That's nothing like the Oscar-worthy performances that my old man used to put on when I was younger."

Justin frowned. "Did he ever hit you?"

"Oh, yeah," Brian said. "Several times."

Before Justin could say anything else, Jennifer returned to the room, her mascara smeared under her eyes. She looked at Brian and asked, "Could you excuse us, please? I need to talk to my son, alone."

Brian gave Justin a sympathetic look before slowly getting out of the chair. "Yeah, I was just saying goodbye before your husband so rudely interrupted us. And I'm fine, by the way, thanks for asking."

Justin bit his bottom lip to hold back new tears as he watched Brian grab the handle of his suitcase and slowly walk out of the room.

********************

"It was horrible," Justin said to Daphne when she came to the hospital to visit him after school later that day. "I mean, I knew that my dad wouldn't be thrilled to find out that I'm gay, but I never imagined him doing something like that."

Daphne shook her head. "I wish that I could have been here to help you."

Justin scoffed. "We wouldn't have been making out if you had been here, so Dad wouldn't have caught us."

"It wouldn't have bothered me to see you guys kissing," Daphne said with a guilty smile.

"You freak!" Justin said while trying not to laugh too hard, so he wouldn't hurt himself again. "But anyway, to make matters worse, my mom showed up and talked to my dad outside in the hallway. He told her that Brian was trying to rape me."

Daphne's mouth dropped open. "Nuh-uh."

"Yeah. I told her that no, I was kissing Brian willingly, and then I dropped the bomb on her. She had to go outside to collect herself, and then she came back and asked Brian to leave so we could talk, and he did."

"What did she say?"

"Well, first she said that my dad was escorted out of the building and was told not to come back for the rest of my stay. Then, she said she always suspected I might have been gay, just like you did when I came out to you, but that she wanted to believe that I wasn't, that I was just ‘sensitive' or ‘artistic.'"

Daphne rolled her eyes.

"Yeah," Justin continued. "She asked me if I was absolutely sure, if I wasn't just kissing Brian out of curiosity or something, but I told her no, it's much more than that. I'm in love Brian and all I want is to be with him."

"Did you tell her you guys fucked the other night?" Daphne asked, her eyes wide.

Justin sighed. "She asked if we had done anything yet, and I told her we had. I promised her that we were safe about it. God, it was so embarrassing, but you should have seen how red she got!"

Daphne giggled.

"She was worried that I only feel this way about Brian because of him giving me his kidney, but I told her that it was love at first sight... at least for me. I don't know how he feels."

"I'm sure he cares about you."

"After what Dad did to him, I wouldn't be surprised if he never wanted to see me again," Justin said sadly.

********************

"I told you not to mess with that kid, didn't I?" Debbie yelled from her place in front of Brian's stove, where she was browning some ground beef. "But noooooo, you wouldn't listen."

"When do I ever listen to you?" Brian asked from the couch.

Debbie snorted. "Only about five percent of the time... I don't know why even I waste my breath."

"And yet, here you are, bitching at me..." Brian droned.

"I'm not saying it wasn't a great thing you did for him, giving him your kidney, but you should have just left it at that. But no, you had to go and fuck him, didn't you?"

"Duh," Brian said. "This is me we're talking about, remember? And he was ripe for the picking."

Debbie sat her spatula down and walked over towards the couch. "But you know he's going to want more than that from you now! He has a piece of your body inside of him-"

"He had a piece of my body inside of him the other night, before the surgery," Brian quipped.

"Oh, shut up! Do you honestly believe that Justin won't want to be with you again?"

"It doesn't matter if he does or not. We were only together for one night... alright, I blew him once before we actually fucked, but now I've had him. We all know that I have a 'no returns' policy."

Debbie threw up her hands before returning to the stove. "Well, I'll be the one saying ‘I told you so' when he comes back for more, and I'll be the one calling you an asshole after you break his heart."

Brian sighed and closed his eyes. He honestly did not want to hurt the kid, but it was inevitable. Even after what he did for Justin, he was still Brian Fucking Kinney, the Stud of Liberty Avenue. Although he greatly enjoyed the night that he and Justin had spent together, what was done was done. Once he was fully healed up from his surgery in a month or so, it would be business as usual for him. Besides, Justin knew who he was dealing with before he ever came to the loft the first time.

Debbie's voice broke into his thoughts. "It's going to be hell for him, once he gets home. That father of his sounds like a hateful bastard."

"I was raised by a hateful bastard, and I turned out fine," Brian said sarcastically.

"Please," Debbie said. "Your father didn't find out you were gay until a few months before he died earlier this year, and you only told him because I told you to. Imagine if he had found out when you were eighteen, especially the way Justin's father found out today."

"Well, luckily I was away at college when I was eighteen, living in the dorms."

"But Justin still lives at home, in the same house as that man!" Debbie said.

"We can't change the past, Deb. His parents know now, and they'll all just have to live with it. They'll get over it eventually."

"I sure hope so," Debbie said, echoing Brian's thoughts.