- Text Size +

 

Brian walked out to the sidewalk and saw that Justin had made it halfway down the block. His longer legs and gait made it easy for him to catch up with the blonde.

"Where are you going?" Brian asked.

"I don't know... leave me alone."

"I wish I could," he said as he continued to walk beside him. "But the Queen Bee sent me out here because, according to her and your mother, we have something to talk about."

Justin stopped walking. "You want to talk? Okay, let's talk about what a fucking mess my life is."

"Look, I agree that it sucks that your mom is choosing to stay with your dad, even after he threw you out-"

"I understand why she's staying with him," Justin said. "She's accustomed to the lifestyle she has with my dad. She makes a decent living on her own, but Dad brings in the big bucks and pays most of the bills."

"Or, it may be that being with your dad is all she knows," Brian guessed. "It took me a long time to realize that was probably why my mom chose to stay with my dad, despite the fact that he was an abusive, cheating asshole. He hit her and my sister sometimes, but I always got the worst of it. Although it was no doubt a loveless marriage, Saint Joanie stayed with the son of a bitch until the end."

Justin crossed his arms over his chest and looked down at the sidewalk. "That makes my problems sound so trivial, in comparison."

"Yeah, well, at least Deb took you in. Hell, I practically lived in that house when I was in high school. You could do worse."

Justin grinned. "I saw a younger picture of you on the corkboard over the dresser. You looked so geeky."

"Fuck you, I wasn't a geek," Brian snapped.

Justin snickered. "But anyway, it's not just my dad that doesn't want me. You don't want me, either, and it's not even my fault. Well, it's not my fault that my dad doesn't want me; it's not like I chose to be gay. But you-"

Brian sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you...?"

"Yeah, yeah," Justin said. "You don't do boyfriends, or dates, or love. Only fucking... but like I said the other day, I know that you care about me, whether you want to admit it or not."

Brian rolled in his lips before saying, "Let's go back to the house. You need to sit down and finish your dinner."

Justin started walking again, away from Debbie's house. "Deb only asked me to stay with her because she feels sorry for me. I'm tired of being the kid that everyone takes pity on. You... you're the only one that hasn't."

"Right now, you're doing a hell of a job feeling sorry for yourself, so you don't need mypity," Brian said. "So, how about you cut it out, because listening to self-pity makes my dick soft... and we wouldn't want that, would we?"

Justin snorted. "I don't know why the state of your dick should matter to me anymore, because you claim that you don't fuck the same guy twice."

"Well, I don't need to, when there is never a shortage of new takers."

"Why do you feel the need to fuck so many different guys, anyway?" Justin asked. "For one thing, you don't know what the hell kind of diseases they could be carrying. And another, you already know that you're the hottest guy in town and that everyone wants you, so why do you have to inflate your ego further by constantly adding notches to your belt?"

"Fucking the same person all the time is boring."

"How would you know, since you don't fuck the same person over and over?"

Brian grabbed Justin's arm and forced him to stop walking. "Can we stop, please? You're going to wear yourself out, and I'm getting a cramp."

"You were the one that shoved a plate of tuna casserole down your throat so you could get away from me faster," Justin said.

"And you're the one recovering from a kidney transplant," Brian countered. "You've only been out of the hospital for two days."

"Well, that's the advantage of being as young as I am - you bounce back quick... in more ways than one."

Brian rolled his eyes. "At your age, you could rub it against a tree and get a hard on, but being older means you don't cum as quick."

"Oh, yeah? The night we fucked, you came three times, and it was always right after I did," Justin said.

"I could have lasted a lot longer than that," Brian insisted. "I can control myself much more than you ever could, Sonny Boy."

Justin rolled his eyes. "Sure, you could."

Brian raised an eyebrow before he took Justin's hand and dragged him in between two houses. They continued to walk until they reached the back alley, where Brian pushed Justin up against the side of someone's storage shed.

Brian looked both ways to make sure nobody was around before unbuttoning and unzipping Justin's cargo pants. "Here's your chance to prove yourself," he said to Justin before planting his lips on his.

Justin returned the kiss as he undid Brian's jeans, which he was wearing without underwear, and pulled them down enough to expose his dick, which was already responding to him. He was relieved to find that his own dick was coming to life, as he had not gotten an erection since before his surgery the previous week.

Brian and Justin continued to kiss as they began jerking each other off. Brian remembered how Justin loved it when he had sucked on his earlobes before, so he bent down to take one into his month.

Hmm... maybe there is one advantage of being with the same person more than once - you already know what they like, Brian thought to himself as he listen to Justin moan.

Justin used his left hand to reach underneath Brian's shirt to rub his nipple. Although it was nearly ninety degrees out, it quickly hardened under Justin's fingertips. He smiled when he heard Brian grunt.

"You like that, don't you?" he whispered into Brian's ear, mocking him.

"Shut up," Brian said before nibbling on Justin's bottom lip, another thing he recalled him enjoying. Indeed, the boy whimpered as they each continued to stroke each other.

As much as he was trying to hold it back, Justin began trembling a minute later. Brian, knowing that the boy was close, squatted down as quickly as he could. He barely managed to get the head of Justin's cock into his mouth before Justin came with a loud groan.

Brian finished himself off and shot his load onto the grass. He stood back up a moment later, smacking his lips. "Mmm. You see? That's what happens when you challenge the king to a cockfight."

Justin struggled to remain standing as he watched Brian zip his own pants back up. "Asshole."

Brian chuckled as he swiped his finger over Justin's leaking slit and stuck it into Justin's mouth.

"Ooh, that's bitter," Justin said.

"It's an acquired taste. Swallowing is a skill that takes lots of practice," Brian said as he fixed Justin's clothes for him before heading back out to the street.

Justin was tempted to ask if that was another invitation, but decided not to, in fear of another negative reaction from Brian.

Once they made it back to Debbie's house a few minutes later, they found Debbie and Jennifer talking on the front porch.

"Sweetheart, where did you go?" Jennifer asked Justin.

Justin scoffed. He was beyond tired of his mother treating him like he was a child. "We walked around the block."

"Brian, I cut a piece of cake for you and I put on some decaf," Debbie said, thinly veiling her attempt to force him back into the house so Justin and Jennifer could talk in private.

Despite the fact that he had no intention of eating the cake, Brian made eye contact with Justin for a moment before following Debbie inside.

Once they were alone, Jennifer began speaking. "Justin-"

"It's okay, Mom," Justin said. "I get it."

Jennifer looked confused. "You... get what?"

Justin sighed as he remembered what Brian had said earlier. "You're going back to Dad because he's all you know. You've been with him for the last twenty-five years, and it can't be easy to just walk away from that. Besides, he didn't do anything to you personally, and it's not your fault that he's a homophobic prick that would rather throw his son out onto the streets than share a home with him."

Jennifer's eyes welled up. "Honey... I had no idea that your father would do that to you. I've known for a long time that you might have been gay, but Craig never wanted to believe it. He's never been very crazy about gay people, due to his strict religious upbringing, but I hoped that he'd be able to accept that his son was gay, out of his love for you."

"Well, apparently Craig's love for me was conditional," Justin replied. "He takes that ‘man shall not lie with another man' shit too seriously to accept me."

Jennifer placed her hands on Justin's upper arms. "I'll work on him, okay? I'll get him to see that no matter who you're attracted to, men or women, that you're still the son he's always loved."

Justin shook his head. "You can't force him, Mom. He made his decision the moment he saw me and Brian kissing at the hospital. He'll never accept me for who I am, and I'm okay with that. If he wants to throw me away like a piece of trash, just because I'm gay, then I don't want him, either."

Jennifer dipped her head and sniffled. "I wish it didn't have to be like this."

Justin pulled his mother in for a hug. "I know, Mom. Me, too, but it is what it is."

After telling Justin that she would be there on Wednesday morning to pick him up for his doctor's appointment, since despite his joy ride in her car the other day, Justin was not supposed to drive, Jennifer left to go back home to Craig.

Justin let himself back into the house and took his seat at the table. Debbie had reheated what was left of his tuna casserole, and he finished it while Brian, Debbie, and Vic gossiped about various people from the neighborhood.

"Oh, and get this," Debbie said. "Kenny the waiter now wants to be called Kiki. Apparently he... uh, she has decided to start hormone therapy and live full-time as a woman. She showed up to work this morning wearing a fifties-style waitress uniform, face all made up with a curly auburn wig."

"Well, I'd say it's about time," Vic said. "I see Ken- Kiki volunteering at the AIDS hospice a lot, and she always spends most of her time with Godiva. Godiva didn't do the hormone route, but she's lived as a woman for many years."

"Who's Godiva?" Justin asked.

"Who's Godiva?!" Debbie repeated, baffled.

"Give him a break, Sis. He's just a pup," Vic said, winking at Justin.

"Godiva is the most famous drag queen on Liberty Avenue. She took Emmett under her wing when he first moved here from Mississippi," Debbie said.

"That explains so much about our dear Miss Honeycutt, doesn't it?" Brian asked Justin, who smiled in response.

"Just like me, Godiva has had HIV since the eighties, back before we really knew what it was, but it progressed into AIDS a couple of years ago," Vic explained to Justin, who was already aware of Vic's illness. "She recently took a turn for the worst, and she lives at the hospice house now. She's so weak, she can't even walk. We don't know how much time she has left, but she's determined to live each day as fabulously as she can. No matter how terrible she feels, you never see her without her face made up and a wig on."

Justin felt Brian kick his foot under the table. "So the next time you think that your life is a fucking mess, always remember that it could be much worse."

After the four of them played a game of Scrabble (which Debbie won), Justin decided to call it a night. He began making his way up to his new room and was surprised to find Brian following him.

"I wanted to tuck the little princess in for the night," Brian said, causing Justin to snicker.

Brian decided to wait in Justin's room while the blonde went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He looked at the picture of Michael and himself on the corkboard, smiling at how geeky they really did look as teenagers.

He then looked down at the dresser and marveled at the numerous pill bottles lined up like little soldiers. He picked up each bottle and read the label.

Iron- 65 milligrams. Take one tablet daily with a meal.

Calcium - 600 milligrams. Take one tablet twice daily with a meal.

Tacrolimus - 0.1 milligrams. Take one tablet twice daily with or without food.

Mycophenolate Mofetil - 1 gram. Take one tablet twice daily one hour before or two hours after a meal.

Sirolimus - 5 milligrams. Take one tablet daily with a meal.

Prednisone - 5 milligrams. Take one tablet daily with a meal.

Justin walked into the room and caught Brian reading the last bottle. "I have quite the pharmacy there, huh?"

Brian sat the bottle back down. "Yeah."

Justin pointed to the Tacrolimus, the Mycophenolate Mofetil, and the Sirolimus. "Those are my immunosuppressants, which I'll have to take from now on to prevent me from rejecting your kidney. I'll taper off the Prednisone eventually, because taking it for a long period of time isn't good for you.

"This one," Justin said as he pointed to the Tacrolimus, "increases your chance of diabetes. Since I already have that, I have to watch my blood sugar and my diet even closer now." He then pointed to the Sirolimus. "This one causes anemia, which I already battled before the transplant, so that's why I take iron supplements. Kidney failure can cause bone thinning, so that's why I take the calcium. I'll stop taking it when my doctor tells me to."

"And how many times a day do you have to inject insulin?" Brian asked.

"Before each meal, so three times a day," Justin answered. "And then I have to test my blood sugar two hours after I eat."

Brian whistled. "That's a lot of work, remembering to do all of that."

Justin shrugged. "It's either that or be dead. Not taking the immunosuppressants could kill me just as easily as not managing my diabetes. I choose to be alive."

Brian looked into Justin's eyes as he marveled at the young man standing in front of him. The strength of the kid nearly took his breath away, along with how physically beautiful he was. He put his forearms on Justin's shoulders and pressed his forehead to his. "I'm glad you're alive," he whispered.

After sharing a brief kiss, the two men climbed into Michael's old twin bed. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and said, "If you ever tell anyone we laid in bed and cuddled without fucking, I'll tie your balls up so tight, they'll ache for a week."

Justin giggled. "You're secret's safe with me." He then closed his eyes and fell asleep in the arms of the man he loved.