- Text Size +

 

Brian had been home from work for all of five minutes when he heard someone knocking on his door. He tossed his shirt onto the bed and walked barefoot across the loft to see who was there.

He couldn't help but smile when he found Justin on the other side. "Oh, hey."

"Hi," Justin replied while openly staring at Brian's naked chest. "I can come back later, if you're..."

"No. I was just changing out of my work clothes," Brian said as he made his way back to his bedroom. "Have a seat."

Justin pulled the door closed behind him. "Okay."

Brian returned to the living room a minute later dressed in black jeans and a white t-shirt. "So... congrats about getting your kidney."

Justin smiled wide, though he was disappointed that Brian had put on a shirt. "Thanks, although it's still yours for the next week and a half."

"Well, until then, I'll take good care of it for you."

The two sat on the couch together in awkward silence until Justin's stomach growled angrily.

"Hungry?" Brian asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I left the house without eating dinner."

Brian stood up to grab the cordless phone. "I was thinking about ordering some Chinese. I can order for two, if you'd like."

Since when do I share a meal with a trick? Brian asked himself. Since never... but Justin isn't exactly a trick.

"Okay, thanks. I haven't eaten since eleven, and my blood sugar is probably low," Justin said. He then picked up his messenger bag, which he always took with him wherever he went, and pulled out a carrying case that contained his diabetic supplies.

He stood with the case in his hand. "Where's your bathroom? I need to take my insulin."

"Oh... you can do that here, if you want," Brian said. "It doesn't bother me."

Justin sat back down and shrugged. "I know that some people get freaked out by needles, so I normally do it in private. I have to take a dose before I eat."

Brian ordered some shrimp with vegetables and cashew chicken for them as he watched Justin fill the syringe and jab the needle into his abdomen. "Too bad I don't have a spare pancreas I could give you," Brian said after returning to the couch.

"Yeah," Justin said as he put his stuff back in his bag. "But I can control it with shots and eating right, so it's not that big of a deal."

Knowing that they had about a half hour before their food would arrive, Brian figured that they should make small talk. "I imagined that you and your family would have gone out for a celebratory dinner tonight or something."

Justin shook his head. "No. My mom was making spaghetti when I came home and revealed my surprise. Since I have to watch my carbs, she always makes a salad to go with it."

"Then why aren't you home eating your mom's spaghetti and salad?"And why the fuck do you even care, Kinney? What is it about this kid that makes me give the tiniest rat's ass?

"Because..." Justin paused to sigh. "My dad is an asshole."

Brian snickered. "I know all about having an asshole father. Jack Kinney wrote the book on that subject."

Justin looked over at Brian with a sympathetic grin. "Well, I thought he would be happy to hear about me getting a kidney, but it seems he's more concerned about how much it's going to cost him. His insurance doesn't pay for everything, unfortunately. Medicare will help with some of it, but-"

"Do you know how much the surgeries and everything will cost?" Brian asked in curiosity.

"I heard somewhere that the total cost of a kidney transplant is about two, three hundred thousand dollars."

Brian whistled in response. That's a new Lamborghini...

"Then there's my anti-rejection meds that I'll have to take for as long as I have the kidney, which are about three thousand dollars a month. Add to that the five hundred a month it takes to manage my diabetes, not to mention the cost of check-ups a few times a year. After having a kid with chronic health problems for the past twelve years, my dad pays out the ass for our family health insurance. I can only stay on that until I'm twenty-one, and then I'll have to get my own insurance or rely on federal aid."

Brian put his feet up on the coffee table. "Do you know how much my part of the transplant costs?"

"No, but you don't have to pay for any of that. The recipient's insurance pays for what the transplant center and Medicare doesn't," Justin answered.

"They told me that at the hospital, but I can pay for my-"

Justin placed his hand on Brian's arm. "Brian, no. This is a selfless gift you're giving to me, so don't worry about the money. Besides, my parents aren't poor. My dad owns Taylor Electronics and my mom is a realtor."

Brian scoffed. "I've never bought anything from that store. Their prices are always higher than everyone else's."

"I know," Justin said with a snort. "Everyone tells me that when they find out my dad owns the place."

"And that's saying a lot coming from me, because I only buy high-end shit," Brian added.

While Justin took a good look around at Brian's "high-end shit", he casually stated, "My dad thought that you'd expect money for giving me your kidney."

Brian turned to glare at him. "What?"

Justin nodded. "When I told him that I knew you, that you weren't an anonymous donor that the registry paired me up with, he assumed that you would want some money."

"That's not even legal!"

"He knows that, and I told him you didn't want any of his money," Justin assured him. "I had to get the fuck out of that house after that."

All Brian could do was shake his head. He didn't even know Justin's father, but he already hated the man.

The delivery boy soon arrived with their food. After Brian refused to let Justin pay for his half of the meal, the two men moved over to the dining area to share the entrees.

Brian raised his bottled water. "What should we toast to?"

Justin thought for a moment as he raised his own water. "To life?"

"L'chaim," Brian said, causing both of them to chuckle at the Fiddler reference.

"So, your business card says that you're an account manager for Ryder Advertising," Justin said after a few quiet minutes had gone by.

"Yep," Brian said. "I started working for Ryder right out of college. I have a few ad men that work under me now."

"Do you like your job?"

"Yeah. It's stressful sometimes, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else," Brian said. "Do you like working at the diner?"

"Hell, no," Justin answered with a chuckle. "But I'm not qualified for anything else right now."

"Didn't you say you wanted to go to art school some day?"

"Yeah. It'll be a more realistic dream once I don't have to do dialysis three times a week anymore," Justin said, smiling in a silent thank you at him.

Brian felt himself get hard over how hot Justin looked when he smiled. "So, do you have any siblings?" he asked, deciding to keep the conversation going to prevent himself from throwing their dishes on the floor and taking the boy right there on the table.

Justin's smile quickly faded. "No. My mom told me when I was younger that they had wanted to wait to have kids after they got married, but I was, as she said, ‘a surprise.' I came along eleven months after their wedding day. They were thinking about having another baby around the time we found out about my diabetes. Since type 1 can be genetic, they were afraid of having another kid with it, so they decided I was it for them. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a little brother or sister."

"Well, take it from me - siblings are overrated," Brian said confidently. "I have an older sister who's a complete cunt. We've never gotten along. The old man didn't want either of us. He told my mother to get an abortion after she told him that she was pregnant with me."

Justin stared at Brian across the table. "Really?"

Brian nodded as he pushed his food around with his chopsticks. "Yep, but Mom, being the good Catholic she is, refused."

"Well, if there is a God, I thank him for that," Justin said with a smile.

Brian felt his cheeks warm a bit. "Well, the old man went to his grave regretting ever having a family."

"When did he die?" Justin asked.

"A few months ago, from lung cancer."

"I'm sure my parents probably wish they never had me, because of all the money they've had to spend on me over the years."

"Even healthy kids aren't cheap," Brian said. "I've shelled out thousands for my son, and he's not even a year old yet."

Justin pondered that for a moment. "You said you don't have parental rights to him. Why would you have to pay for his care?"

"I don't have to pay," Brian said. "But I told Lindsay, his birth mother, that I would help them if they needed it."

The more time Justin spent with Brian, the more he realized how truly generous he was. Now that he knew what a rough childhood he must have had, Justin was surprised to see that Brian wasn't completely heartless.

"You must really love your son," Justin remarked.

Brian smiled. "Yeah, I guess I do."

Both men soon finished eating. Brian took their dishes to the sink, and Justin pushed back from the table. "Thanks for dinner."

"No problem," Brian said before walking over to where Justin was currently standing.

"So..." Justin said, completely clueless as to what was going to happen next.

Brian stared into his eyes for a few moments before planting a kiss on him. Justin soon realized that Brian intended on making him his dessert, what with the way the brunette was thoroughly exploring his mouth with his tongue.

Before Justin knew what was happening, Brian was dragging him up a short staircase. Justin pulled away and saw that they were now in the bedroom.

Brian flipped a switch, which lit up several fluorescent blue lights on the wall over the bed.

Justin felt a bit of panic rush through him. "Brian, I-"

"Shh," Brian instructed before taking Justin's lips again. Brian pulled Justin's shirt off, pushed him onto the bed, and straddled him. After spending a little while longer exchanging saliva with the blonde, Brian began to kiss, lick, and nibble his way down Justin's body.

Justin visibly stiffened when Brian popped the button of his fly.

"Relax," Brian said. "I'm not going to hurt you. Trust me."

Justin did as he was told while Brian pulled down Justin's pants and briefs halfway down his thighs.

"Mmm, nice," Brian said in response to seeing Justin's fully-hard cock, which was bigger than Brian imagined it would be, in comparison to Justin's twink physique. Although he rarely ever bottomed or gave oral, Brian was a total size queen. Knowing that the boy probably wouldn't last very long, Brian got right down to business, taking Justin as deep into his throat as he could.

Justin gasped at the new sensation and ran his fingers thorough Brian's soft hair. At first he tried to hold back, but he was soon moaning and babbling incoherently as Brian continued to worship him.

"Brian... oh, God... Bri... I'm..." was the last thing Justin said before he came.

Brian licked the boy clean before pulling his pants back up and buttoning them for him. He chuckled when he lay down beside Justin and saw that he was nearly comatose.

Justin took several breaths before saying, "Wow."

Brian gave him a little peck. "Don't worry. You can probably still call yourself a virgin."

Justin rolled his eyes. "Great," he said sarcastically.

"But we'll save that for another night." Brian then got up to get a bottle of water.

Once he had the feeling back in his legs, Justin got up, put his shirt back on, and walked out to the kitchen. "Well... I should get going. I have to be at the diner at six tomorrow morning, as usual."

Brian nodded. "And your mommy's probably beside herself worrying about where you ran off to."

Justin sighed. He knew his mother meant well, but she was an obsessive worrywart. "Yeah."

After Justin retrieved his messenger bag from the living room, Brian walked him to the door. They shared another long, sloppy kiss before Brian reluctantly let him leave.

Brian promptly went to take a shower and relieve his painful boner, all the while picturing Justin's beautiful smile.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Sources:

http://www.cpmc.org/advanced/kidney/patients/topics/financing_kidney_transplant.html#Kidney Transplant Costs

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/the-cost-of-diabetes-care/

http://www.sentara.com/Services/Transplant/Pages/LivingKidneyDonor.aspx#cost