- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

And so we come to the happy, fairy-tale ending (a.k.a soppy, romantic drivel). I hope you enjoyed this, even though you had to read too much about Hobbs. That's the way the story decided to tell itself. Enjoy! TAG

Epilogue: (Three Months later)


On the wall outside the entrance to Babylon, there’s a small brickwork nook that’s been glassed over and which now contains a memorial to the bombing and those who lost their lives that night because of Hobbs. There are pictures of each of the victims with stories about their lives, framed newspaper clippings detailing the events of that night, and a plaque. There are even some small mementos such as a portion of a burned wooden ceiling beam, a copy of the ‘Stop Prop 14’ Invitation flyer - this one autographed by Cyndi Lauper - some water damaged party favors and even the one bottle of Jack Daniels that somehow survived the explosion intact which Brian had found the next morning.


The line of people waiting to get inside snakes along the side of the building and right past this desolate memorial. The clubgoers all stop and read the plaque and the stories as they pass by, some of them with tears in their eyes when they remember friends they might have lost. However, rather than being depressing, this little tribute seems to inspire the members of the Liberty Avenue community that pass by. There are definitely more sad but determined smiles that result from the display, than there are tears. And, overall, the memorial doesn’t overshadow the festive mood of the people waiting to enter the club.


Because tonight is definitely a night for celebration, not sorrow. The whole community has come out this evening to the Grand Reopening of Babylon to prove to all the haters and fear-mongers and confused closet-cases out there that nothing can keep them down permanently. Instead of hiding in fear, Liberty Avenue is mourning its losses by holding the biggest wake the world has ever seen. The music flowing out through the open doors and down the street is loud, upbeat and joyful and the people are as well. Nothing can stop the thumpa, thumpa.


Inside, dancing on a raised platform at the very center of the throng of people, are the two men who arguably have the most to celebrate this glorious evening: Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor.


In spite of everything that the world has put them through these past few years, Brian and Justin had survived and they were still together. Christopher Hobbs’ grudge couldn’t tear them apart, a bat to the head couldn’t stop Justin from pursuing his art and not even guns or kidnappings could destroy their love. Now they were back at the place where it all started.


As the strobe lights flashed and changed colors, the pink and then blue hues tinged Justin’s pale skin. There was glitter fluttering down from on high which occasionally caught in the longish blond locks causing them to sparkle. But neither the glitter nor the lights could compete with the beautiful glow that came from within the young man. The sultry smile full of happiness and passion that lit up his face and reflected back from the countenance of the taller man who he was dancing with caused everyone around them to smile as well. The pair of stunning men was radiant and all eyes were drawn to them.


As the deafening music blared around them, they swayed gracefully to their own not-quite-so-fast beat. Justin’s arms were stretched out, resting on the taller man’s shoulders as Brian’s hands circled around gripping his partner’s slim hips and guiding their movements. Their bodies twined around each other, hips grinding together, hands always moving, always touching, trying to find contact with each other’s sweaty skin. Every few minutes one would lean forward slightly and the other would be magnetically drawn forward until their lips were touching, tasting and exploring.


Justin had so far restrained himself from asking about the larger than usual bulge in Brian’s jeans. They’d been dancing for going on an hour now and every time they had rubbed against each other Justin had felt the hard, small, square object in Brian’s front pocket. It was driving him crazy. He could tell that Brian was egging him on, deliberately sliding his right leg between Justins’ and purposely stroking his groin with the mystery object. It was as if the older man was daring him to ask about it, and Justin started out determined to resist the blatant attempt to lure him in with such an alluring riddle. However, after forty-five minutes of constantly being baited with the small enigma, the blond was starting to cave into his curiosity.


“So, Mr. Kinney. . . Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me,” Justin finally gave in and tried the classic Mae West quote.


Brian broke out into peals of unselfconscious laughter, thrilled to have won this little game of wills. He shyly rolled his lips in, trying in vain to hide a huge grin, as he dug into the tight jeans and pulled out the mystery box. Hiding it in his hand until the last moment, he finally turned his palm up, opening his hand to reveal a compact velvet covered box with a hinged lid.


Justin immediately froze in place, in complete disregard of the ongoing music and the crowds of people surrounding them. Brian was staring intently into Justin’s bright blue eyes as he steadily opened the box lid exposing the two gleaming platinum wedding bands inside. Justin’s expression instantly turned from shock to glee as he laid his hand over the top of the box, clasping the object between his palm and Brian’s, then looking up with delight to meet his lover’s gaze.


Brian pulled the other man towards him with his free arm and pressed their bodies together, keeping the ring box and their clasped hands trapped between them.


“So, what brought this on?” Justin said when he finally managed to speak again.


“Well, it was either this or having a GPS chip permanently implanted in your hide,” Brian shouted back over the pounding music, his voice suffused with amusement and love. “It was the only other thing I could think of to keep you in line and out of trouble.”


Justin merely wrinkled his nose up at this wry bit of humor and then reached up on his toes to kiss his partner.


Brian was taking that as a solid and resounding ‘Yes’!

 

Chapter End Notes:

Finally, I managed to write a story that doesn't require an 'explicit - NC17' warning. Sorry about that! There just wasn't any place to put the smut - I really did try to find a place for it but every time I tried it just seemed out of place - I mean, for most of the story Justin was being held captive far from Brian's lustful advances. So, you end up with an action/adventure story without any overt smut. I promise to do better next story! Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. Thank you to all my readers. See you in my next story! TAG


The End.
Tagsit is the author of 61 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The Grudge also liked 324 other stories.