- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

 

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

 

"Brian?"

"Bobby! How's my favorite brother-in-law?"

"Bri, as far as I know, I'm your only brother-in-law. Unless, of course, Justin has uncovered another Sunshine File."

"Well, dear old Jack and I did have one thing in common."

"TMI, Brian."

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

"We found you a building."

"So fast?!"

"Yep. John is there now."

"John? How did he get involved?"

"We were attending a Harrisburg Business Owners Association function last night. The realtor that Jennifer had contacted in Harrisburg was there and we got to talking. He said that he just got a property listed and he thought it would fulfill your needs. It's in an up and coming part of the neighborhood."

"Ah, does that mean it's in the seedier part of town?"

"Sort of. The city is doing a major rezoning and restructuring of the area and this building is right smack in the middle of it. It's a corner property, five floors. It's all but abandoned now. The city wants to get rid of it, renovate it or demolish it. The property is prime because of the location."

"And what was the building used for in its heyday?"

"Ah, um..."

"A bathhouse?"

"Close. A brothel."

"Hmm, sounds like a step up for me. Tell me more."

"John is there taking pictures. You'll get them soon."

"Why didn't you call me? I would have gone to see it."

"John was in the neighborhood on another job when I got the call. He was so close he decided to take a look for himself. The first two floors are fairly open space; the upper floors may have been small apartments at one time. Now they're, a..."

"Small rooms where one could be serviced?"

"You could put it that way."

"Sounds perfect. How long do I have to get back to the realtor?"

"Maybe three days, a week at most. John said he can hold it for a handshake but you'll need something in writing soon."

"I was planning to work from home tomorrow, but I can drive to Harrisburg in the morning. See if you can arrange a meet for around ten. Maybe I can get Justin to come with me."

"I was hoping you'd say that. The four of us can do lunch after."

"Sounds good to me."

"Brian, can I ask? Do you think you'll need the whole building? If you renovate, you can rent out the upper floors to other businesses."

"That's a possibility but I was thinking that some of the newer execs and artists won't be able to relocate right away because they may not be able to find suitable housing. If we keep the upper floors as apartments that would solve their problem. And we could make one into an executive suite just in case one of us needs to be there overnight."

"An added plus would be the extra security for the building. An occupied building is less likely to be broken into."

"True, but I'll have a security system put in anyway. I'm an equal opportunity fag, you know."

"I know. Call me tonight when you've finalized your plans for tomorrow."

"I will. Hey Red, how's my beautiful little nephew doing? Sleeping through the night yet?"

"Yes, thank God. It was rough for a while when he had colic but he's much better now. Sleeps like an angel."

"Have you solved the nanny situation?"

"That situation has been taken out of our hands."

"I'm not following you."

"The women in our family collaborated and issued an edict."

"They did what?"

"Brian, you should have seen them. Claire, Rachel and my mother came over the other night. They brought charts, calendars, back up contingency plans. John and I never stood a chance. Bottom line, our son will be in the company of an aunt or grandmother until he's graduated high school and on his way to college. Stop giggling, Brian."

"I'm sorry, Red. I'm just picturing the two of you surrounded. I would have paid to see that. But I'm glad it worked out. Your son deserves the best and he'll never want for love."

"I know. I promise you, Brian, my son will never ever go through what you and John went through. I swear."

There was an awkward pause before Brian continued.

"Don't you have clients to call? Let me get back to work so I can afford the new office."

"Love you too, Brian. See you tomorrow."

"Later, Red."

Brian hung up the phone and fought to get his emotions under control. The holidays were all over, a new year was taking shape. Kinnetik was poised to expand; 'Part Deux' was in the initial planning phase. Phase one, find a location and apparently it found Kinnetik. Phase two, the renovations. Phase three was the easy part. Kinnetik was overflowing at the seams with employees. The business was out there and the business wanted Kinnetik. Brian had taken Cynthia's suggestion of cultivating the smaller businesses in the nearby cities, Harrisburg included. The campaigns ran the gamut from the traditional to what Brian was best at selling, sex. Whatever tack he used, it was paying off and now he needed to expand. There was also one more important and very special event planned for this year. He and Justin were planning their commitment ceremony for the Spring.

"Cynthia!"

"No need to shout. What is it, your majesty? Did you find a stray holiday decoration hidden somewhere? Will you and Justin play 'find the candy cane'? "

"No and watch it, bitch. Do you have that list of execs and artists that are willing to relocate?"

"Yes, don't tell me you found a building already?"

"It found me. A former brothel."

"A step up from a bathhouse."

"That's what I said. That was Bobby on the phone; John's looking at it now. We should be getting the pictures any minute. I want to have a meeting as soon as they arrive. Is most of the staff here?"

"Yes. They've been hovering. Change is in the air and we all want to know what's going to happen next."

"I have a good feeling about this, Cyn. But I need to ask you an important favor and to ask you something personal."

"We've known each other for well over ten years, Brian. You can ask me anything."

"Sit. Your Mr. Right, are you and he planning to tie the knot?"

"We've been thinking about it?"

"Does that mean there'll be little Cynthias in your future?"

"No."

"No? No ticking of clocks."

"No, no ticking. Brian, Kinnetik is my baby. This is what I love, this is what I do."

"But..."

"No buts. Look, Matthew and I have discussed this at great length. He's a fireman and he started right out of high school. He's done his twenty and will retire with a good pension. We want to be able to travel and my career allows me to do it especially since I've been working on some of my own accounts. And to tell you the truth I'm not cut out for motherhood. I have enough nieces and nephews and so does Matthew. We're very happy as we are."

"And that leads me to my next proposal. I'd like to make you a partner."

"A partner?!"

"Yes. I'm much closer to Harrisburg and I'll be spending a lot more time there now that 'Part Deux' is becoming a reality. I did consider Ted, but he's too good at what he does and you know just as much as I do about this business and the clients that I want. I would be honored to make you partner and put you in charge of this branch."

"God, Brian, if I wasn't already sitting, I'd fall down. Are you sure about this?"

"Very sure. You're the best person for the job and I always go for the best. Cynthia, please, do this for me. With you in charge I can go to Harrisburg without worrying about this place."

"Brian, did you just say please?"

"I have been known to use the word correctly in a sentence."

"Yes, but that usually entails some kinky sex act between you and Justin."

"Cynthia..."

"Stop growling at me. And yes, Brian, I'd be proud and honored to run Kinnetik."

"Thank the gods. The pictures from John just came through; get everyone in the board room. I'm going to send them to the pc in there so we all can see them."

"Right away, Brian."

As Cynthia was herding the staff into the boardroom, Brian was forwarding the pictures of the new building to the computer there for a Power Point display. Before going into the boardroom, Brian stopped at Teddy's desk. His number one accountant was hard at work.

"A word, Theodore."

"Sure, Bri."

"Ted, we've known each other for a long time, right?"

"Shit, are you firing me?"

"Fuck no! Should I?"

"NO! I love my job. You know, Brian, I was thinking about doing more of the ad man thing but I really love being your accountant. I mean, I don't mind stepping in in a pinch but I'm much happier here behind my desk. I'm not as creative as you and Cynthia."

"So, you wouldn't be insulted if I offered Cynthia a partnership and made her in charge while I open the other branch?"

"Of course not. Frankly, Bri, between you and me, when you're not around, she growls and bellows just like you. There's a tiger under that sweet exterior, a cut throat tiger. It's scary."

"She's learned from the master."

"You can say that again."

"Come on, Schmidt, I have some great news to share with you and the staff. Join me in the boardroom."

"Sure thing, Bri. And Brian, you picked the right person for the partnership."

"Thank you, Theodore; I knew there was a reason why I put up with your shit."

Teddy followed Brian into the boardroom where all of Kinnetik was waiting to hear what their boss had to say. Signaling to Cynthia, she started to display the photos of the former brothel, soon to be Kinnetik, Part Deux.

"Ladies and gentlemen and various queers, what you see here may be Kinnetik's new branch office in Harrisburg. You and I are seeing these pics for the first time. I just got off the phone with Bobby Morrison. He says that this building is a corner property and former house of ill repute. I figure what better place to sell sex than in a place that used to sell sex!"

As Cynthia clicked on the pictures, Brian sold his ideas and visions to his staff.

"I know it doesn't look like much but neither did this building when we first got here. And I have an idea about the upper floors. My brother thinks that the building may have been a small apartment house at one time. The upper floors can be restored back to apartments. Anyone who is willing to relocate can temporarily move in for a nominal rent while you search for permanent housing. Or, you can choose to stay. I may retain a larger suite for myself or for Cynthia or Ted, just in case we need to stay over to orientate new employees or organize staff."

"Brian?" One of the newer artists spoke up. "What's up there now?"

"Use your imagination. What do you think is up there?" Brian snarked.

"Oh!"

"Yeah, oh. Don't worry, I'll make sure they sand blast the cum off the walls."

A chorus of "ew" and "that's gross," murmured throughout the room. Then all of a sudden there was a gasp and a collective "AW!"

"What?" Brian arched both eyebrows.

"Sorry, Brian," Cynthia called out from the back of the room.

Brian turned around to see a picture of himself holding his infant nephew at Christmas. Brian had a beautiful, serene look on his face as he held Patrick Aidan Rowan Morrison-Anderson close with Justin looking lovingly at Brian and the baby. The whole boardroom was now out of control with baby babble.

"He's adorable, Brian."

"You look so sweet!"

"The proud uncle."

"When are you and Justin going to have one?"

"I never knew you had it in you."

As Brian tried to regain control, Cynthia clicked onto a picture of the front of the building.

"People, people! Can we focus?" The boardroom became quiet again. "Thank you. If we do this, this is how I see it happening. Cynthia and I have a list of those of you who have expressed an interest in relocating. I will start interviewing today. Tomorrow I'll see the building and close the deal if I can. Then we start the process of the renovations. As soon as the first floor has electricity and phones we can begin the move. Kinnetik will put you up at a hotel and rent storage space for equipment. When I get the all clear from the contractor, we can start moving in. I'm hoping that the upper floors will be habitable soon so that whoever wants to move in, can."

Brian saw the collective wheels turning within his staff and smiled to himself. He had a great bunch of people working for him.

"Back to work, people. We have a new branch to open!" Brian Kinney left the room.

As he walked back into his office Brian smiled to himself. John and Bobby's son was so sweet, and he had loved holding him and playing gently with him … for a few minutes. He'd have to read the riot act to John about sticking that photo in there. Or maybe not. Brian really was a very proud uncle.

Brian stared at his desk. He had most of his "must-do's" done. With a grin he picked up the phone and hit number one on speed dial.

"Hey."

"Howdy, partner."

"When did you turn into a cowboy?" Justin giggled at his lover's reply.

"Since I've been living out in the sticks with the wildlife."

"Am I included in the wildlife?"

"Damn straight! And I'm thinking I might leave work right now. Do you think we could have a little 'wild life' when I get home in an hour?"

"That could be arranged, but it takes an hour and a half to get here."

"Not when I know what's waiting for me," Brian grinned.

"Don't wreck the car getting here," Justin cautioned.

"See ya soon." Brian hung up the phone, straightened his desk, grabbed his coat and was gone.

While Brian was driving well beyond the speed limit to get home to his lovely boy, Justin decided he would surprise his lover. He added a few more strokes to his painting, and then cleaned his brushes knowing there would be no more painting once Brian got there. He took a casserole out of the freezer and put it in the oven using the timer to have it ready when he and Brian would need some sustenance later that evening.

All that done Justin headed for the bedroom to get ready for the rest of his surprise. As an afterthought, he went back to the kitchen and pulled a bottle of wine out of the fridge. He set it in the wine cooler and carried it, the corkscrew and two glasses into the bedroom. He set them on the nightstand and shed his clothes. He headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

When he came out some time later he glanced at the clock. Knowing that Brian was horny from the tone of the phone call, Justin figured he had about five minutes before his partner arrived having made supersonic speed on the trip from Pittsburgh. He sat on the side of the bed arranging all the things they would need within easy reach. He pulled back the bedspread and slithered up the bed leaning against the mountain of pillows that he had left against the headboard.

Justin heard the front door of the cottage open. With a grin he squirted lube up his ass working his fingers in.

"Justin?" Brian called.

"In here," Justin gasped as he worked his hole open and ready for his lover.

Brian appeared in the bedroom doorway and watched his lover getting ready for him. "I see you started without me," Brian said lust emanating from every pore.

"Just being a good little boy scout."

Brian snorted. "Always prepared." He started tugging at his tie and shedding his suit.

"I thought you might appreciate my preparations," Justin moaned as he pulled his fingers away.

"Most definitely," Brian said sliding naked onto the bed next to Justin. He pulled his wanton boy against him and kissed him thoroughly. "I've been thinking about this all the way here," Brian whispered against Justin's throat.

"I've been hard since your call."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

Justin smiled and the world seemed bright and cheery and full of love. It didn't take Brian long to be inside his squeaky clean boy. They kissed and thrust and licked at each other. Soon they were panting and moaning as their orgasms started to blast through them. When it was over Brian pulled Justin against him and held on tight.

"I should come home early more often," Brian whispered into Justin's hair.

"I'd like that … or you could just stay here all the time."

"Then neither of us would ever get anything done."

"I'd make that sacrifice."

Brian chuckled. "We've probably got the building for Kinnetik Part Deux. I showed it to the staff today. They're getting excited. I offered Cynthia a partnership too."

"That's great. She deserves it," Justin said but he wasn't really all that interested. "You know that new dildo we got," he cooed suggestively.

"Yes."

"I thought maybe we could try it out."

"I see."

"So what do you say, big guy?"

"I say I knew there was a very good reason I came home early."

They smiled at each other and kissed and it was time for Taylor/Kinney Part Deux.