- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is still part of my mental break from RL, which I have to return to again very soon. This chapter is Unbetaed so all mistakes are mine. Between Lorie and I, we'll get to them whenever possible. In the meantime, ENJOY!!!

HAPPY READING and HUGS!!

~Nichelle

CHAPTER 17: DANGEROUS TERRITORY


NEW YORK:


“Are you going to get that?” Justin mumbled, snuggling further beneath the covers, and placing the soft pillow over his head. 


After leaving the Prada building, Brian and Justin decided to take advantage of Jennifer and Molly’s desire to get settled into their hotel suite and prepare themselves properly for dinner. So it was decided that dinner would be pushed back to half past six, giving the two horny men ample time to satiate themselves multiple times upon arriving back at the Westin Hotel. After the past two hours of romping and fucking hard in every imaginable position the other could think of in that moment, they finally decided to take a little nap before having to separate for a short time in order to meet the others. So, hearing the constant knocking on the door of Brian’s hotel room was beyond unwelcome; it was downright intrusive upon what Brian was considering a continuation of their original weekend plans.


Annoyed, Brian snatched the covers back, mumbling to Justin, “You know, you could have answered the door, since you have to go back to your room anyway.”


Instead of taking offense, Justin chuckled. “True, but I decided to give myself fifteen minutes before doing so. You should consider that a compliment.”


“Really? How so?”


“The fact that I should even consider napping at all could be taken as a compliment to your prowess… Well, if you were the truly conceited man your reputation says you are.”


Brian smiled and shook his head at Justin’s statement. The fact was they were both constant sources of numerous speculations among people; both those who thought they knew them and strangers alike. Those much-voiced sentiments and misconceptions had reached Brian and Justin’s ears multiple times over the years. But they were always apt to let the matter rest, and content to let the thoughts of others add to their individual mystique. 


Consequently, it now seemed that each had found a kindred spirit within the other, under the most unlikely set of circumstances.


“Who says I’m not as conceited as the general public thinks I am?” Brian asked, still looking back at Justin, even as the person at the door continued knocking.


“Me.”


“And how do you base your opinion?”


“Upon many things, but here within this room, I’ll just say your dick has proven what bullshit that is. No way can such a conceited person be as generous a lover as you are, Brian. If you were, you wouldn’t have held back your own orgasms long enough to have just one for every two you fucked out of me. So no, not conceited to me at all. You just know your worth, both in bed and out of it.”


Brian folded his lips in, about to respond, but that fucking knocking at the door had increased loud enough to be considered banging. “Alright already, I’m coming!” He yelled, while gathering up the hotel robe as Justin snickered from beneath the pillow.


“You already did… several times.”


“And I will again, as soon as I get rid of the asshole at the door. You’ll be lucky if you have enough time to shower before dinner.”


“True, but remember that threat goes both ways, Big Boy,” Justin advised.


Brian crossed the suite from the bedroom, already licking his lips in anticipation of the debauchery he and Justin could indulge in before having to actually put on clothes. There wasn’t a doubt in his mind he’d met his equal in all things carnal. Not only could Justin top on par with him, but he was turning out to be one insatiable bottom. And Brian had no problem obliging Justin’s new addiction to being stuffed full of cock. He was still amazed that Justin hadn’t begged him to stop plowing his ass, but kept encouraging Brian to fuck him harder, faster, and deeper. 


If he wasn’t careful this little fling could turn out to be more than either of them ever bargained for.


Brian shook himself free of the wayward thought before turning back the locks on the door, and yanking the door open. Instead of any number of people Brian was ready to berate for disturbing his and Justin’s time together, it was two Detectives from the NYPD. 


What the fuck?!


“Good evening. Mr. Kinney, I presume?” one of the officers asked him.


“Who’s asking and why?” Brian retorted, with narrowed eyes. The fact that they even knew his name was more than a little disconcerting.


The officer looked Brian up and down, assessing his attire and… more? Bringing his eyes back up to meet Brian’s, the officer spoke again. “Apologies for disturbing you. I’m Detective Johnathan Marks, and this is my partner, Detective Paul Luke. We’ve been sent to ask you a couple of questions and to inform you that a formal complaint has been filed against both you and a Melanie Marcus. Is she here?”


“No, she isn’t,” Brian answered. “What’s this about?”


“Mr. Kinney, may we come in?” Detective Luke asked. “We would really rather not discuss this matter with you within the hallway. If it helps, we know that you are here on business, after having caught snippets of the news conference you held earlier today.”


Brian was about to respond when he felt a slight hand at the base of his back. “Is everything alright, Brian?” Justin asked, having alighted from the bed once he heard who was at the door.


“I’m not sure,” he answered, before turning back to the officers. “You can come in, but please be advised that we don’t have much time. We’re both scheduled to attend a business dinner in a little less than an hour.”


“We understand, Mr. Kinney,” Detective Marks stated, as he and his partner crossed the threshold of the hotel suite. Letting out a low whistle as he looked around, he asked, “How much does this room cost per night?”


“A couple thousand, but I can afford it,” Brian answered as he crossed over to the bar. Picking up the bottle of JB, he shook it in Justin’s direction, who nodded before offering the Detectives two bottled waters since they were on duty and he knew they wouldn’t be able to drink. After passing out the beverages, and making himself as comfortable as he was able with the police ensconced within his hotel room, Brian asked again, “So what’s this about? You said there was some sort of complaint against me and Melanie?”


“Yes… Would it be too much trouble to ask her to join us?”


“I honestly don’t know. She’s staying on another floor, but more importantly, she’s pregnant with my second child and may be resting.”


“Let me call Daphne and see if she’d be willing to check on Mel’s status, Brian,” Justin offered, already getting up from the sofa to retrieve his cell phone. “I’m also going to call my mother and Molly up here, since I have a feeling I know what this is about.”


“You do?” Detective Luke asked, a bit surprised by the young man’s declaration.


Instead of answering the officer directly, Justin addressed Brian. “Remember that call we received earlier from Vic, Brian?”


“I remember it, but we were about to go into the meeting with the DeCampos. Come to think of it, I think I handed my phone over to Ted. You should probably ring him and Donovan, too, since if it’s as you think, they will have the papers.”


~AC~


Justin did as Brian advised after calling Daphne, who said that she was with Melanie and would escort her up there. He wondered at her choice of words, but didn’t have time to address it. Instead, he hung up from her and called Ted, who immediately said he would grab up Donovan and be on his way to Brian’s suite. Justin went into the bedroom, deciding that it wouldn’t do for all of them to see him and Brian donning the complimentary bathrobes with the hotel logo. Sure, everyone knew they were fucking, but seeing them like that with the police present was just unacceptable to him.


Once he alighted from the bedroom, he advised Brian to do the same, even as the first knock sounded upon the hotel suite door. Justin crossed the sitting room to answer the door, semi-surprised at who had their hand poised to knock again. He smiled slightly, before addressing Melanie directly. 


“Hey, Mel. Brian is in the bedroom changing at the moment. Why don’t you go on in, and make yourself comfortable… Well, as comfortable as you can in the interim. Daphne and I will be inside in just a moment.” Once the heavily pregnant woman threw a grateful look his way, as well as a gentle smile in Daphne’s direction, Justin turned around to face his best friend. “What are you doing, Daph?”


She regarded him with the same questioning look on her face. “What are you talking about, Justin?”


He rolled his eyes at her attempt at evasion. “You know exactly what the hell I’m talking about.”


“No, I don’t, otherwise I wouldn’t have asked for the clarification.”


“Okay then, if that’s the way you want to play it… What the hell was with the gentle smile Mel aimed in your direction?”


“Oh that,” Daphne chuckled, before growing serious with her best friend. “That was her basically giving me permission to rock her world.”


“Rock her world? Daphne, you can’t mean…”


“I surely fucking do!” she retorted, vehemently. “This can’t come as a surprise to you, Justin. Not after all these years.”


He shook his head. “No, but… I thought you’d sworn off women.”


Daphne studied him for a moment longer, before she softened her belligerent stance. “Ah, I see. You’re thinking of my past with Vanessa, aren’t you?”


“I kinda can’t help but to, Daph. She…”


“Is NOT Melanie, and she knew what she was getting into when she decided to get involved with me. I didn’t withhold any information then, and I didn’t with Melanie either. It’s not my fault Vanessa was unstable.”


Vanessa Madison was Daphne’s first official lover, in a long list of both men and women, to ever grace her bed. Unfortunately, she was also a lot like Lindsay, but with many twists and sinister turns, which eventually caused Daphne to swear off relationships- especially those of the same sex- for many years. There were the constant phone calls; the withholding of messages pertaining to Daphne’s career; the constant attempts to play with Daphne’s emotions, and even the constant need for reassurance by having Daphne buy her some expensive trinkets to prove her devotion to the needy woman. But Daphne hung in there with her as long as she could, until Vanessa had done the one thing Daphne could never forgive. 


The final tie was severed when Daphne needed to get away, as she did every year on the anniversary of their son’s death, and wouldn’t take Vanessa with her. After a week, she returned home to find the open casket of Joseph, with Vanessa standing in the middle of their bed holding her slit wrists over the opening. Not only was the sight horrifying, but it had almost sent Daphne to jail for attempted murder. After the judge heard all the evidence as presented by the prosecution, he ruled that due to the mitigating circumstances, he could see how the plea of temporary insanity applied to Daphne’s situation. She was ordered to seek counseling to deal with her Survivor’s guilt, and any other issues associated with the death of her son. 


It helped, but here Daphne was again, after she’d sworn off women, getting involved with a pregnant lesbian, who was trying to extricate herself from a situation a little too reminiscent of Daphne’s life with Vanessa, for Justin’s liking.


"Have you heard from her since then?" Justin asked Daph, gently.


"No. Though last I heard, she escaped the institution, only to end up in jail. I haven't heard anything else since." She sighed. "But that has no bearing on now with Melanie. I've waited over a year to shoot my shot with her, and I don't intend to fuck it up. She's…"


"She's the first person to make you feel something real since forever? I get it, Daph, and I understand. Just… Be careful, okay? The last thing I want is to see you hurt."


"I will, Jus. Don't think I'm going into this blindly. Ending a ten-year relationship is hard enough, but a ten-year relationship with Lindsay Peterson is a whole other issue. Part of me really feels bad for Mel."


"But the other part?"


Daphne grinned. "Is so fucking happy she is through with that tragic bitch. And I'm going to work my ass off to make sure Mel is never going to be sorry she is. I've already taken steps to doing just that."


Justin took note of the sparkle in her eyes and smirk on her lips. If there was one thing he knew about Daphne Chanders it was that if she set her mind to something, it was not only done right but the person on the receiving end was going to be thoroughly fucked behind it. "What did you do?"


"Nothing too bad, except buy Mel's house of Harridan Horror. Wait until little Miss Peterson finds out she'll have to pay rent if she wants to continue living there. And the best part is that since she hasn't put any money into the house or its upkeep, she can't sue Mel for a fucking dime regarding the sale. Well she can, but she won't win. Hell, it should be enough that I'm willing to enter a rental agreement with her at all. Lindsay’s credit is shot to shit, so any other landlord wouldn't even consider her a viable tenant."


"Do you?"


"Not really, but that's where all my cards lay, Justin. I'm going to make that rental agreement so airtight that the more she'll try to wiggle around it, the more stuck she'll get. It's the only way with her; you and I both know that."


Justin nodded, knowing that if Daphne had a hand in this, Lindsay better adhere to every single point on that agreement. Daphne did learn under Matthew Alfred Winston after all, and the one thing he drilled into both Justin and Daphne was to lay out all the terms of a contract in clear concise language so there couldn’t be any room for litigation on the back end of a situation. Lindsay Peterson was about to get the shock of her life dealing with Mel's new protector.


~AC~


“So let me get this straight,” Mel said, her clear agitation simmering just beneath the surface. “You two are here to check on claims of a supposed kidnapping?”


“Unfortunately, yes.”


“And it never occurred to either of you to look at the source the charge came from?”


“Mel…” Brian interrupted, only to have her hold up a hand in his direction. 


“Ma’am, you have to understand how this looked to us,” Detective Marks said. “All we knew was the woman said her child was kidnapped and that there was a domestic dispute, after which you absconded with the minor child belonging to her and Mr. Kinney.”


“Okay, I’ll buy that to a degree. However, I’m more interested in why your officer didn’t ask more questions of the Pittsburgh Police Department.”


“I’m not sure I’m following,” Detective Luke stated. 


“The fact is, apparently you were both given this case with only half the facts, which I’m sure at least a few members of Pittsburgh P.D. are well aware of. In fact, I will arrange for you to have the whole story so you can close this damn farce of a case immediately before it goes any further. All of the officers know that Carl Horvath should have been consulted before allowing this shit to follow us to New York. And where the hell is Donovan with those fucking papers?!” Melanie had risen from her seat to pace the floor as she spoke, clearly overwrought.


“Sit down, Mel, before you fall down. I swear if my child comes here with your trashmouth, I’m going to sue you.”


“For what? Saying everything you’re thinking right now? Fucking hell, Brian. Do you know what would have happened had you not thought to grab those papers?” 


She began to tear up, and Brian did what he could to console her. The game Lindsay and Michael were playing was even more dangerous than either of them bargained for. If they had kept their shenanigans to include just the adults, there might have been a chance their bullshit would have been largely ignored. But by involving Gus, the metaphorical gloves had just come off. If it was a fight they wanted, well they were about to get one in spades.


The hotel room door opened, admitting not only Justin and Daphne, but also Ted, Donovan, and Cynthia. Because Brian was too close to this situation, it would be Cyn’s job to basically act as his publicist should the need arise. If nothing else, Brian knew he could trust her to know exactly what to say to keep the press out of their personal business… Well as much as that would be possible with his current liaison with his high-profile client. Which brought up the point…


“Other than catching the news, how did you really know I was here?” Brian asked. He had a feeling he already knew the answer, but he needed the words.


“Ms. Peterson included your whereabouts in the City within her report. She also said that if we were to find Mr. Taylor, you would surely be with him.”


“I doubt she put it so diplomatically, but that’s exactly what I needed to hear,” Brian said, before turning to Donovan. “First, please show the detectives our custody papers regarding Gus, and then you know what to do.”


Donovan did as he was ordered, even while asking Brian, “Are you sure you want to do it this way?”


“Lindsay just basically took this fight public, so I’m not prepared to show her any fucking mercy. Michael either.”


“Brian, if I may suggest another way, where your hands will stay a bit cleaner in the process,” Jennifer said. “Although this is a family matter, you can’t allow your budding business relationship with the DeCampos to be tainted because Lindsay is so unscrupulous.”


Brian thought about what she’d just said, and couldn’t deny the truth of her words. He’d sat in the meeting with Cesare and Justin just a few hours ago, where things were at first, intense, to the point where Justin was prepared to sever all ties with a connection he’d had for more years than Brian could imagine. So, what would happen to the fragile, yet lucrative connection being established between his own company and Prada, Inc.? Somehow Brian thought this was Lindsay’s real aim in causing all this trouble. It was no secret she thought he was making a wrong move when he left VanGuard to start Kinnetik. She was also most vocal about her supposed concerns regarding the limited time Brian would have for Gus if he was off somewhere building his company. Really her worry was that Brian wouldn’t have time for her, and truth be told, if not for Gus he would have cut Lindsay out of his life a long time ago. But more than that, this was about her need to be proven right, and everything Brian was building, business-wise, was proving Lindsay didn’t know shit.


But here was Jennifer Taylor giving him a potential way to keep doing what he wanted in all aspects of his life, while thwarting Lindsay’s continued machinations in the process. And all without jeopardizing one of the most important accounts of his career. Well, three if you included Taylor Enterprises and Winston Inc., in addition to Prada. To that end, he’d be a fool not to at least hear Jennifer out. Although Brian Kinney was many things, a fool was never considered one of them. 


“If you think there is a way to deal with this mess without Kinnetik’s reputation being sacrificed, or my own, then I’m ready to listen.”


She smiled, even as she reached for her cellphone. Dialing a number, and waiting for the call to connect, she spoke into the receiver to the one person Brian would never have expected her to call. “Hello again, Ron. It’s Jennifer. This time, the she-wolf of Pittsburgh and her pet idiot have gone too far…”


By the time Jennifer finished filling Ron in on all the pertinent information concerning Lindsay’s latest episode of Bitchzilla, she had the assurance that Ron Peterson was on top of things. “So what does all this mean?” Brian asked.


“It means Lindsay will have a lot of explaining to do when the police arrive at the dinner party Ron is giving this evening to carry her desperate ass to jail for filing a false report. And she won’t be the only one being publicly humiliated, since monkey saw as monkey did and he just had to engage that one poor, abused brain-cell he generally uses when he’s trying to be clever. Oh, by the way Brian, Ron said you should check your email. He said that should be enough to get your attorney started. Melanie, same goes for you as well. He suggested you file the papers as soon as possible, as in today if you can manage it. Is Harry Donaldson in the office?”


“He should be, but why?” Melanie asked, even as she scrolled through her latest email. 


Seeing the one from Lynette Charleston, better known as Lindsay’s sister, Mel opened it at the same time as Brian breathed out, “Holy shit. You mean…”


“They have been keeping tabs on Lindsay and her spending habits for years. As a result, you both have the right under the law to ask for restitution from her, since whatever excuses she used to get you both to give her money were not the correct one. Instead of doing for Gus, as she was supposed to be doing, she was either stashing that money for her use later on, or spending it. As you can see, she’s been visiting the Omni hotel every Wednesday for the last year. No prizes for guessing who her standing appointment has been with.”


“Who is Frank Alderman?” Justin asked, looking at the same information on Brian’s phone that Melanie was reading from hers.


“The soon-to-be former art director at Kinnetik, but that’s not the only person. Look at the attached picture, Mel.”


“What the hell was she meeting with Gardner Vance for?” Melanie asked. 


“I would think that would be obvious, considering the hotel she’s been visiting,” Brian snickered, even though he was feeling far from humorous at the moment. “But nothing is ever on the surface with Lindsay. Sure, she was definitely fucking these two, as evidenced by their closeness when they all met up in the elevator. But there has to be more to it.”


“You’re right Brian, and I think I know exactly what it is,” Justin said, pulling out his own cell phone to place a call. When the call connected, it surprised Brian to hear who was on the other end of the phone. “Hey Murphy, it’s Justin. I have a quick question for you. When it was time to do the presentation for the boards for Taylor Industries, who did Gardner use within the office? Are you sure? Thanks for the info. Yes, it’s true, I’ve signed with Kinnetik. I’ll tell him. Later.”


“What was that all about?” Brian asked.


“Just confirming a suspicion about who Gardner got to do the boards for that cursed presentation. In the contract, it was specified that the only person allowed to handle the artwork on my account was Murphy himself, since I know the caliber of his work. So, even if I hadn’t fired VanGuard Advertising for the owner’s mediocre vision, I would have had grounds anyway, for breach of contract. Lindsay really needs to take up a new hobby… like knitting, or something less harmful than drawing or painting. Her work had me ready to gouge my eyes out and mail them to parts unknown.”


“Damn. That bad, huh?”


“Let’s just say stick figures drawn by a monkey would have been more imaginative and artistic.”


Brain smiled at the loud guffaw coming from Melanie. Even in the most worrisome of circumstances, it was nice to hear her laugh. Brian asked, “How much longer is this going to take? We all need to get dressed and be out of here within the next few minutes.”


“No worries, Brian. First, I should let you know that I just forwarded the message Lindsay left on your home phone earlier to Ron, so he can have it at the ready to support his claim regarding the false report.”


“Damn, I’d forgotten about that. Great thinking. Thanks,” Brian said, before turning to the detectives. “Do you also need a copy of the voicemail for your records?”


“That’s not a bad idea, if it can be done. The more evidence we have on file in order to close out this case, the better. Not only for the department, but for you and Ms. Marcus, too, I would imagine.”


Brian nodded. “I think it will help you to further understand what we’re dealing with in reference to Lindsay Peterson. Now Cyn, what was the second thing?”


The smirk on her face should have warned Brian that what was about to come out of her mouth was going to be full of sarcasm and sass. “I already spoke with Donatella to advise that we were running a bit behind schedule. She just assumed I meant because of you two, so I went with it,” 


Everyone in the room chuckled, even as Justin’s cheeks began to color. Brian cleared his throat, before responding, “I should be pissed about that, but considering it would have been true had we not been so rudely interrupted, I’ll let you have this one, Cyn. Justin covered in c--”


“Okay, I think we got the message there, Brian.”


“What? I was only going to say cotton.”


“Sure you were, Stud,” Justin chuckled. 


“Hey, it’s not my fault there are so many dirty minds within this room.”


“And one dirty mouth I’ll be putting to good use again later,” Justin murmured, giving Brian a quick kiss to shut him up.


“That’s enough, you two,” Jennifer scolded. “Lord knows if you two start that, we’re never getting out of here.”


“On the contrary, Jennifer. If we start that, everybody is clearing the hell out of here and fast,” Brian said, taking Justin’s lips one last time in a quick peck. He sighed. It would have to last them awhile yet, because it looked as if the detectives were finally ready to leave. 


“So we’ll be in touch with Detective Horvath, and if we have any more questions, we’ll give you all a call. In the meantime, here’s our cards in case any other situations arise while you’re here,” Detective Marks said, even while Detective Luke handed out the cards. “For what it’s worth, I hope those two people get what they deserve. We’ve seen entirely too many situations in our line of work similar to the one she described, for us to take any report of Domestic Violence lightly.”


“I’m sure you have, but rest assured Lindsay Peterson is not worth my career as an attorney. Hell, right now she isn’t even worth a stick of chewing gum to me.”


Brian looked at Melanie closely. He recognized resignation when he saw it, and he couldn’t even say he was sorry for her. It’s not that he and Mel would ever be the best of friends. In fact, they made awesome foes. However, the one thing he would never take away from Melanie was that she was a good person, always with the best of intentions whenever she got into something. 


The problem with that, as Brian saw it, is that even with the purest motives to the fore, one could never perceive or control another person’s actions. Consequently, it tended to leave a trail of bitterness, hurt feelings, and wariness in its wake. It had been a lesson he originally learned having Jack and Joan for parents, and Claire as a sibling. More recently though, the lesson was repeating itself within his former relationships with Michael and Lindsay. But it was better late than never to learn the lesson, while not allowing it to change you in such a way your conscience couldn’t live with. 


Brian pulled Melanie close, allowing her to rest her head on his shoulder. That, in and of itself, allowed Brian to see more than Melanie would ever let him view had the situation not been so dire. Unlike everyone else, he knew what this all was really costing her emotionally. Not to say the others didn’t understand, but well… He and Melanie were the direct victims of two people who really needed to be locked away from the rest of the unsuspecting world. 


They were hazards to peace of minds everywhere, and he decided to tell her that in his own unique way. “Hey, Smelly Melly, buck up. Put on your big girl thong, and shake your ass in front of that hot young thang watching you from the corner of the room. My grandmother used to say the best way to get over an old love was to get under a new one.”


She laughed, as was his intention. “Is that why you have so many lovers?”


“I wouldn’t call them lovers. That’s such a lesbian term, and trust me what I do to them wouldn’t be considered love in the least.”


“Oh, I don’t know about that, Brian. You allow the person you’re with for the moment to feel something real for a time…”


“Yeah, my dick.” They both burst out laughing before Mel grew serious.


“So is that what you’re doing with Justin?”


Brian thought about it for a moment. “I’ll be honest, and say I’m not sure what we’re doing other than having fun. The odd thing is that I can be myself with him, and he hasn’t gone away screaming in horror the way you wimps have done numerous times.”


“You’re so full of shit, Uncle Fester. Admit it. You like him,” Mel pressed.


“Okay, I’ll give you that, Thing. He’s cool to be around.”


“I would imagine so. It’s not everyday you meet your equal, Brian.”


“And have you met yours?” Brian asked her, nodding his head in the direction of the young woman on her way towards them.


“She’s too young.”


“Says who? She’s the same age as Justin, but honestly they’re life experiences make them much older in a lot of ways.”


“What do you mean?”


“Daphne will probably tell you at some point, just as Justin included me this afternoon during his meeting with Caesar. The shit they have gone through would have broken normal human beings, but they aren’t. No doubt, in some ways they are battered, but Mel, they are two of the strongest people we could ever have the chance to know. And their age has nothing to do with it. I mean look at Michael, who is still mentally fourteen, while Lindsay is still the girl being denied the Barbie dollhouse and throwing a tantrum because of it. She’s playing dress-up in clothes that may fit on the outside, but she’s in no way mature enough to appreciate it. Instead, she takes them as her due while playing at being an adult.”


“Wow, that’s quite the analogy, even for you.”


“I’m just calling it as I see it. I guess time and distance has given me a new appreciation for clear vision. It wasn’t always so welcome in my world, but I can’t say I regret having it now,” Brian said, thinking of all the other revelations he’s been having since having endured cancer some years back. It gave him a new appreciation for a lot of things, including those he considered family, even if most of them still had no idea he’d had that particular battle to fight. Shaking himself from his reverie, he said, “So for real though, Mel, you should give her a shot. If for nothing else than to fuck her and release her back into the wilds.”


“Is that what you’re planning on doing with Justin? Releasing him back into the wilds of Pittsburgh? I mean, can you live with that?”


“Sure, because we’re not you cwazy wesbians. We’re just fine fucking and still keeping things firmly in the friendzone. Perhaps it’s something you should maybe try with Daphne. There’s nothing wrong with getting your needs met, Mel.”


Daphne had reached them so Mel didn’t have a chance to respond. Brian noticed right away the way she carefully maneuvered Melanie around the furniture on their way to the door. “We’ll meet you guys down there. I imagine Emmett has already begun to dress Gus, and you know we have to fill him in,” Daphne advised.


“No problem. Just do me a favor and tell Em not to answer his phone this evening. With Justin’s permission, if Vic or Horvath need to reach us for any reason, they will leave a message on his phone. With what Ron is planning to have done, I don’t want us all caught in the crossfire.”


She nodded, and with that everyone else cleared out of the hotel room, leaving Brian and Justin alone for the moment. “So, we’ll pick this up again later?” Justin asked, as he stood in front of the closed door.


“I guess so,” Brian answered, before joining his and Justin’s lips in a kiss that he meant to be short, but took on a life of its own.


Pulling back, Justin laughed. “Keep that up, and I’m fucking cancelling dinner- innuendo be damned.”

 

Opening the door, Brian leaned down to give one more quick peck to Justin’s pump lips before gently shoving the younger man out the door. As he went to grab a quick shower, he couldn’t help but replay Melanie’s very pointed question in his mind. And while he stood under the spray of the hot water, he realized he still didn’t have an answer to what he was feeling. All he knew was that he liked hanging out with Justin, and that was enough introspection for the moment.

To be continued.
Nichelle Wellesly is the author of 25 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 34 members. Members who liked The Anti-Couple also liked 854 other stories.