- Text Size +

CHAPTER 41: MONEY MATTERS vs. MANIC MONDAY Part 2


SCHICKLE MANSION


Justin walked into the bedroom, intent on waking Brian up in their own special way. So, he was surprised to see him already standing by the open terrace doors overlooking George’s vast estate. 


“Good morning, Sunshine,” Brian said, without turning around.


For a moment, Justin was mesmerized by the way the rising sun highlighted Brian’s body, giving the man an ethereal glow. Brian, nude, was always a wonderful sight to behold. The tan he seemed to keep, even in the winter months, was flawless. But it was the display of smooth skin and muscle without being grotesque that never failed to enthrall Justin. Unable to keep still, Justin crossed over to the other side of the large suite where his lover still stood, seeming to study nature. 


Pressing himself against Brian’s bare back and sliding his arms around Brian’s midsection, Justin asked, “How’d you sleep?”


“That depends.”


“On?”


“When we’re talking about.” Brian smirked. “Before you got out of bed, sleep was fine. After you got up, the sheets were too cold.”


Justin smiled. It was always that way with them. It was almost as if without conscious thought, they constantly reached for each other. Even in slumber, some part of them always needed to be touching the other. He always found it weird, considering for most of his life he’d slept alone. But ever since that first morning when he’d woken up in Brian’s arms, he felt Brian’s absence in bed a lot more keenly. 


“Sorry about that.”


“Don’t be. But what made you get up so early?”


“My mind wouldn’t let me rest. You know how I get sometimes.” It was Justin’s turn to shrug, trying to brush off the most prevalent of reasons. 


“So you’re not going to admit you started dreaming, huh?”


“Brian…”


“No, Sunshine,” Brian sighed, holding Justin’s clasped hands against his abdomen to prevent the younger man’s attempted escape. “I know you worry that you’re going to disturb me, but I would rather that than you bottling shit up. They always get worse when you do that. You know this.”


“I know.”


“So why continue to do it?” 


“I don’t know. Compulsion, maybe? It’s just that we have so much else going on right now that the nightmares seem more like a nuisance than a real problem. It’s not like we can stop them, short of me never sleeping again. And besides, you have your own residual issues to deal with.” Justin moved around to face Brian, daring the man to contradict him. 


Instead, Brian just nodded before changing the subject again. “So what were you doing that interrupted my high-protein breakfast?”


Justin snickered, opting to let the subject of nightmares go for now. It wasn’t a secret the two of them would have to address them sooner rather than later, but nothing was going to be solved right then. He just couldn’t figure out if this was more a Nicole issue, or one for Alex. Either way, Justin knew something would have to be done soon, especially considering all they would be facing when everything regarding Mel and Brian became public knowledge. 


“I had coffee with Mel, who was already up when I went downstairs. We were talking about the sudden change in your situations, and what possible safeguards we could come up with.”


“Oh? And what have you decided?”


Justin grinned. “That we need the Master to bring his sexy ass downstairs so we’re all on the same page. I actually have some thoughts on the matter, but I need both you and Mel to agree before I bring it to Uncle George and Frankie.”


“And you’re not going to give me a clue, are you? Not even under the threat of tickle torture?”


“Why would I do that?” Justin teased, skillfully dodging Brian’s hands. “No, Mr. Kinney. You’re going to have to wait a little longer. But first, I think I need to feed you. You’re looking a bit malnourished.”


Brian managed to get ahold of Justin then, claiming the laughing man’s lips in a torrid kiss, which didn’t stop until he had Justin moaning. Lifting his head, Brian advised, “I think you better call Mel and tell her we’re going to be awhile. I intend on being a very messy eater this morning. And after I play with my food a bit, we’re going to need a shower.”


Justin shivered at the thought of just how dirty things were about to get. He always loved Brian’s insatiable nature, but this morning, he had a feeling things were already starting in high gear. He’d be lucky if he could walk straight, let alone sit down properly by the time Brian had his fill. And he’d be damned if he wasn’t looking forward to it. As soon as Justin finished on the phone with Mel, Brian pounced.


VANGUARD

GARDNER’S OFFICE

Shawna almost clapped her hands in glee at the thought of what was coming. For years, she’d watched as Marty Ryder stomped his hindparts around the agency acting as if everyone should bow down and kiss his feet for doing the jobs they were hired and qualified for. As if most of them didn’t work their asses off to make him the rich asshole he was. Well, at least until Brian got through with him. Part of her really wondered how he and the idiot he married were faring, since it was her suggestion that Marty threaten to fire the one who was the real powerhouse within the agency. It must have really sucked for Martin to have to accept Gardner’s lowball figure to remove him from the agency until the two of them could figure out a way to fire Brian and ruin his reputation in the Advertising industry. Verdell always said that Marty’s decisions made in arrogance would come back to back by biting him in the ass, and this was a prime example of it.


“I thought I told you I wasn’t to be disturbed until Ms. Peterson got here,” Vance barked at Shawna as she entered the CEO office.


“I wasn’t going to except…” she began to answer, only to be cut off by Constance.


“Except that the actual CEO is in the building and decided that you weren’t qualified to handle giving your hoochie the real interview working here would require. But don’t worry, I’m sure she’s being entertained by… what was it you called her, Shawna?” Constance and Anthony snickered.


“FBF member 165,” Shawna said, barely containing the burbling laughter threatening to burst forth as Gardner turned around from the window behind him.


“I find nothing funny about this situation,” he ground out.


“Just as I’m sure your in-office fly-by-floozy isn’t finding dealing with her out-of-office replacement funny either. Really, Gardner, you didn’t think one through, did you?”


“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he sputtered, as they continued to smirk.


“Mostly that if you hadn’t been such an arrogant asshole, you would have remembered that it’s not a smart move to shit where you eat,” Anthony said. “But not to worry, my sister has a plan to pull your chestnuts out of the roasting fire that screwing Lindsay Peterson has put yours in.”


“Unlike the others we were able to pay off because of your numerous indiscretions, Lindsay Peterson has more to gain by suing you than they did. She also has a much bigger ax to grind if you don’t give her what you promised while you two were bumping uglies in the bedroom. So here’s what’s going to happen,” Constance began, only to be cut off by Gardner.


“You’re going to leave my office is what’s going to happen. What happens in my company is none of your damn business.”


“On the contrary, Mr. Vance. It was my money that started this damn company, and which has kept this company afloat while you paid yours out to the women who had enough sense to threaten to expose you for the lowlife lizard you are. So, as the majority shareholder and Co-owner, I’m taking over, effective immediately. Unless of course you’d like to pay me back my initial investment in Vanguard Advertising and buy my shares before I leave this office today. I can have Anthony draw up the contract if you would like to postpone your appointment with the latest P.O.D. due upstairs at any moment.”


“Why the hell are you spelling out pod?” Gardner asked, clearly annoyed that he was being bested in a way he didn’t expect from Constance. 


Shawna took a second to work it out, before she gleefully told him what Constance was too much of a lady to say within the office. “P.O.D. is an acronym for pussy-on-demand…Sir,” she added, knowing it would piss him off even further that she knew exactly what Lindsay Peterson was to him. She supposed she couldn’t blame him, since she was now privy to all his business both within the office and out of it. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving asshole as far as she was concerned. 


“And what am I supposed to do? Just let this happen?” Gardner asked.


Anthony cleared his throat. “The way I see it from a legal point of view, Gardner, is that you really don’t have many options left. No matter what you do, we’re going to be acquiring Vanguard anyway because of the way the prenup agreement is worded. However, instead of simply ripping the company away from you at the moment, Constance is willing to give you a severance package of sorts. She’s willing to buy you out with the stipulation that you aren’t able to use the company name in the business you’ll probably want to start after all of this is settled. Also, you’re going to sign a nondisclosure agreement about the terms under which she acquired the entire company and you pay the gift tax. If we were to take this to court, based on your many infidelities alone, you would be left with absolutely nothing. This way you at least get to keep that ugly ass suit and tie.”


Shawna nearly passed out with laughter as Gardner looked down at himself before frowning at them. The brown suit was the same color toilets around the world could probably identify, yet he always thought he looked powerful when he wore it. To her, he just looked like a low-rent pimp, which kind of made sense because of his FBF crew willing to do any and everything to gain his attention, while the women he attempted to force himself on would have done just about anything to have him looking in someone else’s direction. Those were the women who Shawna really felt sorry for since no amount of money in the world could cover up why they were forced to give up their careers at a place they loved, even if they couldn’t stand their handsy boss. Shawna heard the elevator behind her ding, no doubt announcing the arrival of loose-lips Lindsay, but she was torn about what to do. 


Anthony seeing this made the decision for her. “There is one other option, but I think I’ll let Connie explain it to you, since I would rather you take the first option. As for you, Shawna, I’ll fill you in as soon as we’re finished here. In the meantime, have Linsday wait to be called. I’m almost sure this won’t take much longer to deal with. 


Shawna went back to her desk, plastering a placid look on her face. Taking her time in taking her seat, she could tell that the harridan in front of her wanted to say something. Instead, Shawna did what she did best… needle the idiot who thought that just because she was standing there made her entitled to Shawna’s attention. Pulling out the lower desk drawer, she made a big production of checking her phone, laughing at the text message of GTFOH from Verdell and a well known cartoon gif. The saying on it made it even more hilarious. Like she said, it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving asshole.

.

“If you're through playing on your phone, I’m Lindsay Peterson and I’d like to see Gardner Vance immediately,” came the bitchy tone.


Shawna muted the automatic response from her lips, even as she thought ‘I’ll just bet you would, bitch.’ Instead, she pointed to the closed door behind the witch and said in her most benign voice, “If you’ll have a seat, I’ll inform them that you’re here. Although, if I’m honest, you may have a semi-long wait.”


“I don’t think so. Mr. Vance is expecting me,” Lindsay said with all the arrogance she was known for. Shawna was going to enjoy knocking her off her high horse.


“Be that as it may, he’s currently in an owner’s meeting. So like I said, you’re going to be there for a while.”


“Look, Miss…”


“It’s Mrs. MISS Peterson. Now if you’ll have a seat, I have work to do.”


“I’ll be sure to let Gardner know that it was you who detained me when he asks.” Lindsay huffed and flounced, even as she took one of the seats in the antechamber leading to the CEO office.


“No need since I’m doing my job. I doubt you’ll be able to say the same,” Shawna said, almost laughing aloud at the affronted look she was receiving at her parting shot. 


Picking up the phone, Shawna had one more task she needed to complete before all would be in readiness for Constance and Anthony’s meeting after the dumbass bimbo marched her skinny ass to the elevator after her interview


“Hey, it’s Shawna. There’s been a slight change of plans. Do you think you can be in the CEO’s office in an hour? Okay, I’ll let them know in two hours then. All I can say is that it’s turning out to be an interesting morning around here.”


Hanging up the phone, Shawna looked over to Lindsay, who was beginning to look more and more like her mother at being kept waiting. She couldn’t help snickering at what she knew was coming even more. An interesting morning indeed!

  

INSIDE THE CEO OFFICE


“There’s just one more thing before we conclude this meeting, Gardner. Your guests can stay in the guest house as they have been. But I want you out, today, immediately in fact.”


“What? Why?” he asked, bald head beading with sweat. It wasn’t enough that Constance had him over a barrel regarding the business, but now she was taking over the house, too? “It’s not like you need it.”


“It’s true, I don’t.”


“Then why kick me out before the divorce is even finalized?”


“After your activities through the weekend with that flea-bitten bitch and now her mother, I don’t trust you to do what you ought. I’m giving you a one-time offer to return to Chicago and run the departments there. But be warned, Gardner, if you even think to double cross me on this, I’ll have more than your balls in a vice. I’ll leave you without so much as a Q-tip to clean the wax out of your ears. As of right now, you’re no longer the co-CEO of Vanguard Advertising. Instead you’re the Executive Manager. I’ll call Avery and inform him that you will be taking over his position, even while he will be given the promotion as my assistant in house. Which means you’ll report to him. As for your trollop and the bitch who birthed her, they will become my tenants unless of course, they would like to move out of the guesthouse posthaste.”  


“You’re making a real enemy, Constance,” Gardner warned. 


“I’ve had them before,” she said, dismissing him and his faux-concern. “Well, now that we’re finished in almost every way we can be, I suggest you get going. You’re due in Chicago by three this afternoon. Your flight leaves at noon. And understand this Gardner, I will not bail you out again. You get yourself sued because you couldn’t find a willing ass to screw without using your title within the company, you’re fired and completely on your own. I’m letting you use the penthouse, but since it’s in my name only, you’ll pay me the rent directly. There will not be any grace periods for late payment, so keep that in mind.”


“Why are you doing this?” Gardner asked. “You loved me once.”


“I did, but what you did to our son is something I couldn’t overlook or excuse. And all because he refused to live the life you mapped out for him. I couldn’t take much away from you then, but I sure as hell can now. Patience and Karma tend to work together when a situation warrants it. Now out! You have a flight to catch.”


 Constance coldly watched him go, before looking at her watch. Pressing the intercom, she asked, “Shawna, when are they due?”


“They asked for two hours,” came the response. “What do you want me to do?”


“She’s still sitting out there, right?”


“Yes. He’s just told her that he has to take an emergency trip to Chicago, not that he’s going there permanently.”


“Finally, he’s showing some sense and self-preservation.”


“I think it’s more that you gave him a way out and he’s beginning to realize it.”


“That really depends on the next meeting,” Constance said before she sighed. “Give me another half hour. If she’s still out there then, send her in.”


“Okay, but what will you be doing in the meantime?”

 

“Trying to give the pitch of my life to one Brian Kinney.”

 

To be continued.
Nichelle Wellesly is the author of 25 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 37 members. Members who liked Somewhere Only We Know Part 1 also liked 688 other stories.