[Reviews - 51] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

Officer Brian Kinney is a beat cop who has only one goal...becoming detective.  One night he runs into a troubled kid named Justin Taylor who is about to do something stupid, but it is later when Brian meets the kid a second time that the two begin to feel a connection.  What happens between these two disparate and yet connected souls as life throws one roadblock after another at them.  I want to offer my deepest gratitude to Amy for the perfect banner and my friend Pat for her beta skills.

 


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: M/M, Out of Character, Violence
Genres: Alternate Universe, Crime/Detective, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: Yes
Word count: 102664 Read: 54563
ePub Downloads: 20 Published: Nov 26, 2016 Updated: Nov 26, 2016
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

1. 1. Caught in the Act by mandagrammy [Reviews - 3] half-star (2576 words)

Officer Kinney has his first run in with an angry young man while patrolling the streets.    

2. 2. In Trouble Again by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (3350 words)

We begin to get a clearer picture as to who Officer Kinney and the young Runaway really are and what motivates them. Hope you enjoy getting to meet our boys a little closer this time. It is inevitable that the two should meet again as the stage is set for another confrontation    

3. 3. The Catalyst to an Outing by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2874 words)

Justin's already shaky world is turned upside down by an unexpected chain of events at school that forces the young man to release a long held secret    

4. 4. Surprise on Liberty Avenue by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2854 words)

Brian has had a tiring day at work and all he wants is to unwind and have a beer with friends at Woody's.  But tonight won't be a normal night on Liberty Avenue for this Cop.    

5. 5. Going Out on a Limb by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2810 words)

Brian begins to size up this little project that he has taken on as he questions Justin on a few things and makes some decisions about the young runaway.  Meanwhile Justin has a talk with his Dad, but makes it clear he isn't ready to return home.    

6. 6. Three Days of Relief by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2867 words)

This chapter simply tells the tale of the three days of rest that Justin gets from his turbulent home and school life in the safety of Brian's loft apartment. The cop and the runaway slowly get to know each other, but neither opens up completely, leaving the door open to misunderstandings.    

7. 7. Changes by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2441 words)

Justin has returned to his home after his three day reprieve in Brian's loft apartment.  He has come home to big changes thanks to Jennifer.  Meanwhile Brian gets news concerning his goal of reaching the rank of Detective in the police department.    

8. 8. Happy Birthday, Justin by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (3516 words)

At last!! I was finally able to finish up a new chapter of this story. As some of you may know, serious health problems have slowed me down considerably but I refuse to give up writing as long as my hands and brain (for what it's worth) still work. I just hope this chapter is worth the wait for you. So without further delay, I give you the beginning of a night that Justin will never forget. More of the night will come as quickly as I possibly can get it to you.  While I'm at it I want to thank you for your patience.    

9. 9. The Best Birthday Night Ever: Part One by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3641 words)

This one is dedicated to my dear friend Lori who deserves it more than I can say.  Thank you for all you've done for me and for just being such a good friend.  In this chapter we get to peek in on Justin's first night with his cop.  Brian gives him a birthday gift he will never forget.     

10. 10. The Best Birthday Night Ever: Part Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (3586 words)

Well I promised you wouldn't have to wait too long for Part Two of this most special night in young Justin's life and thanks to the most generous gift I've ever received in my life, a laptop courtesy of our wonderful Bigpaw Lori, I can now keep up with my writing in a much more timely manner. I hope you will enjoy the rest of Justin's birthday night. I dedicate this to Lori and thank her from the bottom of my heart for caring so much. Many thanks as always to my beta Pat and banner maker Amy too. So sit back and enjoy another hot session of Lovemaking 101.    

11. 11. A Friendship Deepens by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2924 words)

Here we go with the next morning after Justin is given a birthday night he will never forget. But this is only the beginning folks, as they slowly begin to understand each other and form a friendship. In the meantime, Brian is about to be challenged in his attempt to make Pittsburgh a safer place for the GLBT members of Pittsburgh. Hope you will enjoy the story.    

12. 12. Just Friends Going Out for Fun by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2773 words)

It has been a busy week since Justin's historic birthday celebration and there are some new events, both exciting and disturbing, to deal with.  Jennifer learns more about the missing days in her son's life when he ran away from home.     

13. 13. Friends With Benefits by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (3192 words)

First of all I want to thank one of my dear readers, Kat, for making a wise suggestion that I've incorporated into this chapter.  I dedicate this chapter to her for the invaluable help.  In this chapter our 'friends', Justin and Brian, go out for a night on the town.  Not a 'date' of course.  Just two guys having a good time.  Riiiiight!!!    

14. 14. The Big Question by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2903 words)

I would like to proudly announce with this new update that I have a brand new 'full time' beta. Thank you so much Judy for taking me on along with all the others you have helped. Now on to the story. In this chapter, young Justin is only days away from his high school graduation and the Prom is coming up. The young man gets a wild idea and would like to pose the big question to his new 'best friend' and mentor, Detective Brian Kinney. How will the cop respond? I hope you will enjoy. Also many thanks to Amy for the wonderful banner.    

15. 15. Prom Night: Part One by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3172 words)

Here is your next chapter for your approval. I hope you will enjoy it. In this chapter, Justin prepares for his big Prom Night. He doesn't tell his mom about the decision he has made to create an unforgettable night for his fellow students. Meanwhile, Brian has a surprise planned of his own for the graduating young man he has thoroughly enjoyed mentoring all these months. How will this Prom Night work out for the two of them? Let's see how it starts out. Big huge thank you's to Judy for her beta skills and Amy for my banner. I owe you two a ton.    

16. 16. Prom Night: Part Two by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2364 words)

Well folks, I'm giving you fair warning. You'll need your oven mitts to handle this second part of Prom Night as Brian and Justin continue to celebrate his graduation from schoolboy to man. Ignore the shadowy figure in the background. Our boys are. They'll deal with it after Part Three of Prom Night coming up shortly. In the meantime enjoy peeking in on the fun. Again I want to thank Amy for my wonderful banner and Judy for her excellent beta skills.    

17. 17. Prom Night: Part Three by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3099 words)

Okay folks, I finally have the final part of Prom Night ready for your approval. I must warn you that my beta, the talented Judy, is still on vacation with no access at the moment to a computer so I am posting this without beta help. I didn't want to make you wait any longer for the conclusion of Justin's very special night. I promise to re-post once she checks it over. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy the bit of mild kink I've thrown in. I had to do a lot of research for this one. It was hard work, but I'll do anything for my readers. LOL! Enjoy!    

18. 18. Evil Deeds in the Park by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (3141 words)

My dear friends, once again my age and lack of health and vitality have slowed me down with my updates but I finally have a new one for you. Hope you enjoy it however I must warn you that all is not well in the city. Brian and Justin are rudely awakened from their happy dreams after a thoroughly wonderful night of celebrating Justin's graduation, only to find that not everyone had such a good night. I want to thank Judy who is back at the helm as my beta and Amy for the perfect banner once again.    

19. 19. A Disturbing Discovery by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2759 words)

Well folks, the seriousness of the rash of gay bashings has hit a little too close to home and Brian is feeling the cold finger of fear as he and partner Carl question the family of latest victim, Billy Simpson. What will the news they learn lead to? Many thanks again to the talented Judy for her beta skills and Amy for the banner. I hope you will enjoy the journey.    

20. 20. Passing on the News and Making Plans for Safety by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (2726 words)

Well now, poor Brian is being forced to deliver bad scary news to Justin, however it is tempered with a suggestion Brian makes that will change the whole picture between the lovers and their enemy. I hope you will join me as we snoop in on Brian's task as he begins his investigation into Billy's bashing. A huge thank you to my wonderful beta, Judy, and my banner maker, Amy, for their assistance.    

21. 21. Domestic Pleasures by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3937 words)

This chapter is dedicated to my dear friend Lori, who has patiently waited for some good 'clean' fun between our boys and hasn't had any even in my other stories for a long time. This one's for you girl. In this chapter we get a glimpse into what could be the future for our intrepid cop and his young lover, if only the threat that hangs over them is eliminated. Only time will tell. Enjoy! A huge thank you as always to my skilled beta, Judy, and beautiful Granddaughter for the banner.    

22. 22. The Fire of Love, The Ice of Hate by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2846 words)

Things are heating up in Pittsburgh. There is the heat of passion and the heat of anger and soon enough they'll collide. But for now let's see how our boys are adjusting to their new circumstances, shall we? Many thanks to Judy for her excellent beta help with this chapter and Amy for my banner.    

23. 23. Happy Days and Evil Plans by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2955 words)

Our roomies are enjoying their newfound happiness as a real couple much to the surprise of most of their friends and family, but a dark shadow, unbeknownst to them, still hovers close by...planning how he can destroy that very happiness. I hope you will enjoy because things take a turn for the scary in our next chapter. Many thanks again to my terrific beta, Judy and banner maker, Amy.    

24. 24. Time Running Out by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3003 words)

Just as Brian and Justin are discovering how perfectly matched they are for each other, and gotten everyone who cares about them to agree, a dark cloud that has stayed in the background for some time is beginning to grow ever more threatening. Watch out, the storms are coming! Many thanks to my banner maker Amy and the wonderful Judy for her beta skills.    

25. 25. A Wicked Plan Set in Motion by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3514 words)

Fair warning everyone....this chapter will not bring you any joy. Have your kleenex ready. You may need them. Chris finally feels ready to strike at the one man who he has always blamed for the desperately unwanted feelings he has secretly harbored for other men since his youth. With his warped logic, if he eliminates Justin he will eliminate those feelings. Will he succeed in his nefarious plan or will fate step in to save the day. Read on......

Many thanks to Judy for taking the time to beta my story before heading off for the weekend. Also thank you to Amy for my perfect banner.    

26. 26. Rushing to Justin's Side by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (3091 words)

Brian's happy world has crashed down around him in a single blow from a disturbed man with an irrational hatred. Justin lays in a hospital. What will happen to him and how will his loved ones deal with it, especially the man who loves him more than anyone else in the world but feels tremendous guilt for not saving him? Read on for some of the answers. Much gratitude to my beta Judy and Amy for the perfect banner.    

27. 27. The Aftermath by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2976 words)

Brian wants two things...for Justin to heal and come home to him and to get his hands on Justin's attacker. First things first. He keeps a watchful vigil over the man he loves. Meanwhile, the attacker knows he f***ed up bad. He's on the run. I hope you will enjoy the tender moments between our lovers. Many thanks to my busy, busy, busy beta Judy and Amy for the banner.    

28. 28. A Name to Match the Face by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2450 words)

With this chapter, we see how deep Brian's devotion to Justin is (was there ever any question about that?). In addition, there is finally a break in the case...or should I say cases, as Brian puts 2 and 2 together. Enjoy!    

29. 29. Declarations and Tightening Nooses by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2768 words)

The noose is tightening around Chris Hobbs' throat and he is feeling the pinch, but not everyone is suffering after the man's incredibly stupid behavior. Rather than destroying Justin, he has given his enemy the one thing Justin's most longed for. Read on to find out what that is. Many thanks to my terrific beta, Judy and Amy for my banner. Enjoy!    

30. 30. Stresses by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2612 words)

At long last....it took almost as long to get this chapter out to you as it takes the law to catch their man. LOL! But at least they catch them in the end, or so we hope. In this chapter, the cops are still hot on the trail of Chris Hobbs and the noose is tightening ever stronger around the pathetic young man's neck. He is feeling the stress, but so are the lovers back in Pittsburgh (despite their enjoyment of the newfound domesticity in their relationship). Let's check in on everyone and see how things are going. Many thanks to the marvelous Judy for her beta skills and Amy for the banner.    

31. 31. Making Deals by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2309 words)

It is time for that important talk between Brian and Justin that Debbie advised Justin to have. How will it turn out? In the meantime, Chris Hobbs is about to make a deal of his own. Will it cost him more than he is willing to pay? Many thanks to my wonderful beta, Judy who came home from seeing Gale in person and got to work on my stories right away. I am truly grateful.    

32. 32. Target Found by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (2481 words)

Things are coming to a head folks. Chris Hobbs' days are numbered, or so it seems. There are things to celebrate, and our lovers know just how to do that. Enjoy! Many thanks to my beta Judy, and Amy for the banner.    

33. 33. Justice Finally Served by mandagrammy [Reviews - 1] (4153 words)

We are just about to the end folks. This is our next to the last chapter. Hold on to your seat, cause the ride gets bumpy. Enjoy!    

34. 34. Epilogue: Two Years Later by mandagrammy [Reviews - 2] (4001 words)

Our story of the young man who was so tired of the abuses he suffered at home that he ran away one night and the seasoned cop who only cared about advancing in his career has come to an end. Their meeting was the end of one way of life and the beginning of another for both. Shall we leap forward in time and see what is happening two years into the future? Enjoy, and please forgive the extreme mush. What can I say? I confess, Officer. I'm a hopeless and incurable romantic. For one last time, let me thank my darling Granddaughter, Amy for the perfect banner and my dear friend, Judy for all her beta help and support with this story. I am very grateful to you both.

One more thing, I am dedicating this final chapter to someone very special to me. She is facing many issues right now and I want her to know that she has my love and support, and that I am so very happy my stories have given her some pleasurable moments. This ending is for you Lori, especially one scene (and she knows which one I mean. LOL)