- Text Size +

ALEX 

 

After the air balloon, I sat with a colleague to decide if I was really just wasting Michael and Lindsay’s time. Nothing seems to get through to them. 

 

“Alex you can't help people who aren't willing to see there is a problem.” Diana tells me. 

 

“I just wanted to help them.” I tell her. 

 

“You're dealing with two people who think this Justin can do nothing wrong.” She tells me. 

 

“He could hang them over flowing lava and they'd think it was him either showing them love or wanting to take his art to the next level.” I tell her. 

 

“They both think he wants them?” She asks me.

 

“Lindsay just wants to be with him as he grows as an artist. Michael unfortunately fell in love with Justin. I talked to Justin and he assured me that he wouldn’t have returned their feelings.” I tell her.

 

“What caused all the mischief?” She asks me.  

 

“After Lindsay and Michael attacked me, it’s like they all thought it would be fun. I hate to admit it but most of it has been. I just think the latest one went too far. Justin told them what they wanted to hear.” I tell her.

 

“That he wanted what they did?” She asks me.

 

“To anyone else it would have sounded like he was being sarcastic, but they saw it as him admitting he wanted them.” I tell her.

 

“What did your patients say to all this?” She asks me.

 

“Lindsay was upset about the monkeys and Michael was mad that Justin wasn’t waiting for them.” I tell her.

 

“Did you say monkeys?” She asks me.

 

“Yeah Lindsay and Michael.” I tell her.

 

“What do Lindsay and Michael have to do with it?” She asks me.

 

“The monkeys are named Lindsay and Michael.” I tell her.

 

“Alex, maybe it would be better if I took over for you.” She tells me.

 

I sit there and pretend to think about it. I want her to think I’m struggling with this, because like Emmett suggested, if you want someone to do something you have to make them think they could do it better.

 

“What do you think would help them?” I ask her.

 

“I think with someone they don’t already know, they would be more likely to open up.” She tells me.

 

“You think you could find a therapy that would work for them?” I ask her.

 

“I think that you aren’t really able to help them and I’ve had more experience with obsessive patients.” She tells me.

 

“You could probably write a paper about this case.” I tell her. Like Brian told me, sell it.

 

“Alex, it's about the patient not notoriety.” She tells me. 

 

“I'll have their files sent to you.” I tell her without smiling like a loon.

 

“I just need their police file, I think we need to start over.” She tells me. 

 

“Whatever you need.” I smile and get up.

 

“Don’t worry Alex, MY patients always get better.” She tells me smirking.

 

I walk away trying to hold in the laughter. Diana deserves Michael and Lindsay. I overheard her telling another doctor that she should have taken the case, since I couldn't handle it. I was actually pissed when she told the other doctor that if she had been chosen for the case there would have been progress. 

 

I had ended up drinking with a bitchy Brian. The monkeys took over his side of the bed. I told him to just sleep on Justin’s side. Brian thought about it for a second and told me that would work until he found a way to get rid of the shark bait. Emmett came over to see what we were talking about and I told them about Diana.

 

“Doc, there isn’t a cure to get over Justin, trust me on that.” Brian tells me.

 

“We told you from the beginning that you were wasting your time.” Emmett tells me.

 

“I’m becoming a laughing stock because of all this.” I complain.

 

“Then give it to the bitch who thinks she can do it better.” Brian tells me.

 

“Let her deal with them and us.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Is something wrong?” Justin leans over with his arms around my neck and his chin on my shoulder. 

 

“Baby, another doctor is making fun of Alex. She’s saying that she could cure Michael and Lindsay.” Emmett tells him.

 

“I told Alex to let her have at it.” Brian tells Justin.

 

“Do you like her?” Justin whispers in my ear.

 

“Justin, no flirting.” Brian growls.

 

“I just want to know if he likes her. That way I know if we can play jokes on her.” Justin kisses my head and sits with Brian. Lindsay and Michael come and jump on the table.

 

“No beer Babies.” Justin moves the cup.

 

“Let them drink, then maybe they’ll pass out and I can leave them in the backroom.” Brian tells Justin.

 

“Didn’t the manager of Babylon ask you not to do that again.” Emmett asks Brian.

 

“They just like to pull on things. People need to learn to not leave things hanging out.” Justin tell Emmett.

 

“The first time your babies pull on anything I leave hanging out they’re history.” Drew tells Justin.

 

“You scare them, so you don’t have to worry.” Justin skips over to Drew.

 

“So you finally saw the light.” Drew asks me as Justin and Emmett snicker.

 

“Yes. When they somehow equated being dumped in shit as love, I gave up.” I tell him.

 

“So make her think she wants it, sell it.” Brian tells me.

 

“Always make sure she believes she can do it better.” Emmett tells me.

 

“Let us know when we can start interfering again.” Blake tells me.

 

“I promise to drive the other doctor crazier.” Justin tell me.

 

“We could just let her learn what I did, they aren’t curable.” I offer.

 

“Alex, you know we actually like you don’t you?” Emmett asks me.

 

“I guess I do.” I tell them.

 

“We were being good, truthfully.” Justin tells me.

 

“Yeah, Brian told us we couldn’t do anything really bad.” Daphne tells me as she hands the monkey’s her cup.

 

“So if she thinks she is going to rub it in your face that she can treat Michael and Lindsay then we have to show her she can’t. Babies, not too much.” Justin rolls his eyes at Brian as he pours more in the cup.

 

“Hey you can even help us, your ideas need work, but they were at least thought out.” Ted tells me.

 

“So are you ready to join us in making the other doctor wish she never took this case?” Justin asks me.

 

“Yes, but you have to at least use the glue once.” I smile.

 

PITTSBURGH GAZETTE

 

LOCAL PSYCHIATRIST AND PATIENTS END UP GLUED TO BALL DROPPING IN TIME SQUARE ON NEW YEAR'S EVE. 

 

 

The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked Strange Love also liked 426 other stories.