- Text Size +

ALEX 

 

A week later I'm sitting in my office with Michael and Lindsay handcuffed to their chairs. I didn't trust them not to try to subdue me again. They were both in custody until this morning when Michael managed to make bail for them.

 

“Do either of you understand how serious this is becoming?” I ask them.

 

“We need to figure out how to get an annulment for Justin.” Lindsay tells Michael.

 

“He’s under Brian’s spell, we need to break that first.” Michael tells her. 

 

“I need you two to answer me.” I tell them. 

 

“We don't want to listen to you anymore. You keep trying to make it seem like Justin is better off without me.” Michael tells me. 

 

“Or me. I only want to help him rise to the top of the art world.” She tells me. 

 

“I'm the only one left to listen to you.” I tell them. 

 

“Maybe we should tell Justin’s mom to talk to him.” Michael tells Lindsay. 

 

“Jen has been really bitchy when I call.” She tells him. 

 

“Lindsay, we talked about you not contacting Jennifer anymore.” I tell her. 

 

“If only Ma hadn't been pissed at us, we could have had her talk to Jen. She and Jen are best friends.” Michael tells her.

 

“It was your idea to stuff Alex in the trunk. I just said to stop him from talking.” She tells him. 

 

“You two are aware I can hear you, aren't you?” I ask them. 

 

“I figured since we brought the kidnapping kit, it could be used to keep Alex subdued.” He tells her. 

 

“You should have knocked him out.” She tells him. 

 

“You really need to remember these sessions are taped.” I tell them. 

 

“I didn’t say kill you, just make you harder to find.” She clarifies.

 

“Lindsay that doesn't sound any better.” I tell her. 

 

“Lindsay, you know I don't like violence.” Michael tells her.

 

“You don’t call what you've done to Brian and Emmett violent?” I ask him. 

 

“We hurt their cars, not them.” Michael tells me. 

 

“We were just a little upset.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“What would you do if you were more upset?” I ask her.

 

“Alex don't ask stupid questions. We are more upset now.” She tells me. 

 

“Because Brian married Justin?” I ask them. 

 

“No, we expected him to try to keep Justin.” She tells me. 

 

“Then what?” I ask them. 

 

“Now we know that there are more people against us, they should be trying to help us save Justin, not helping Brian keep him.” Michael tells me. 

 

“I'm trying to save you, but until you admit Justin doesn’t want what you do, we aren't going make any progress.” I tell them. 

 

“Justin wants love, it's all we want to give him.” Michael tells me. 

 

“Brian will eventually go back to tricking and hurt Justin.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“Brian married Justin.” I tell them. 

 

“They were probably drunk and Justin didn't realize what he was doing.” Michael tells Lindsay.

 

“Maybe Mel could help Justin get out of it.” Lindsay tells him. 

 

“She isn’t going to help us.” Michael tells her.

 

“She doesn’t like Brian, so she'd really be fucking Brian, not helping us.” She tells him. 

 

“Don’t your parents have lawyers?” Michael asks her.

 

“Yes, but my mother refuses to help anymore.” She tells him. 

 

“Why, I thought she liked you were no longer with Mel?” Michael asks her.

 

“She didn’t like that we made the news.” She tells him. 

 

“It’s not our fault Drew is famous.” He tells her. 

 

“That’s what I told her.” She tells him. 

 

“Will you two stop acting like you aren’t in therapy.” I tell them. 

 

“You should be helping Justin. He's the one who doesn't realize how unhealthy a relationship with Brian is.” Michael tells me. 

 

“You should get him here, then we could explain to him why he needs us.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“Then explain it to me so we can talk about why you are both here.” I tell her. 

 

“We aren't telling you anything, you told on us.” Michael tells me. 

 

“You both gave me permission to tell Justin.” I remind them.

 

“We were trying to get you to bring Justin to us. You couldn’t even do that right.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“What would bringing him here have done?” I ask them. 

 

“It would have gotten him away from Brian’s reach.” Michael tells me. 

 

“Shut up, he doesn't need to know that.” Lindsay tells Michael. 

 

“I didn’t tell him we were going to kidnap Justin after we had locked Alex in the closet.” Michael whispers loudly. 

 

“Again, I'm sitting in front of both of you.” I tell them. 

 

“If we had just gotten to Justin before they took off with him.” Michael tells her. 

 

I just wanted to bang my head on the desk. What will it take to get through to them? 

 

JUSTIN 

 

“Explain how we managed to get stuck with you again?” Brian asks Alex. 

 

“I'm learning it pays to sneak up on you guys.” He tells us. 

 

“If the stalker twins show up, we are going to put you all in a locked dumpster together.” Emmett tells Alex.

 

“I'm not able to get either of them to see reason. They now seem to think you're all responsible for keeping Justin away from them.” Alex tells us. 

 

“Good work Doc.” Ted tells him. 

 

“They are spending sessions plotting together.” Alex tells us. 

 

“In front of you?” Blake asks him. 

 

“Yes, it's like they don’t notice I'm there at times.” He tells us. 

 

“What do you think we can do?” I ask him. 

 

“In the past, how did you get them to listen to you?” Alex asks Brian.

 

“I didn’t care if they were listening or not.” Brian tells him. 

 

“Brian, when we first met they practically hung on every word you said.” Alex tells Brian. 

 

“Because... I... didn't... pay... attention... to... them.” Brian says slowly. 

 

“That won't work for me. It’s my job to listen so I can help them.” Alex  tells him. 

 

“Well following us to Hawaii isn't going to help them either.” I tell him. 

 

“Justin you need more lotion, come here.” Brian tells me. 

 

“Brian, you put any more on him and he could play slip and slide.” Emmett tells him. 

 

“Shut up Emmett, we're waiting for an ass shot.” Ted tells Emmett. 

 

“Excuse me, who's we?” Blake glares at Ted.

 

“Babe, just once, that's all I ask.” Ted tells him. 

 

“Well, I guess we all have our fantasies.” Blake answered

 

“Ted, are you trying to join Michael and Lindsay?” Drew asks him.

 

“At least Justin is the same body type as Blake. Blake can’t even claim the same thing.” Ted growls.

 

“Ted, I didn’t mean I wanted him, just he has a great body.” Blake tells him. 

 

“Thank you.” Brian tells him. 

 

“I was talking about Emmett.” Blake smirks.

 

“Sure you were.” Brian tells him. 

 

“He really was.” Ted tells Brian. 

 

“I get the appeal of both of them.” Drew agrees.

 

“Yeah, but Brian was my fantasy before he opened his mouth the day we meet.” Emmett tells them. 

 

“I think there was a compliment in there somewhere.” I tell Brian. 

 

“It wouldn’t matter, because none of them made my list.” Brian tells me. 

 

“Drew did.” Ted tells us. 

 

“If he bottomed I would have tried, he's eye candy.” Brian tells me. 

 

“Yeah, I've fantasized about all of them once or twice.” I tell him. 

 

“Me too Baby?” Emmett asks me. 

 

“I'm verse, so of course.” I tell him. 

 

“How does that work if you married Brian?” Alex asks me. 

 

“The same as before.” I tell him. 

 

“I thought you were here to ask about Michael and Lindsay, not me or Justin?” Brian asks him. 

 

“I am, but you're all avoiding the discussion.” Alex tells us. 

 

“We are trying to enjoy our vacation, which you weren’t invited too. Why are you still helping them? I sure as hell wouldn’t help people who tied my ass up.” I tell him. 

 

“Wait how could you be here when they have sessions three times a week?” Emmett asks him. 

 

“They are back in jail again.” He tells us. 

 

“My house better be standing.” I growl.

 

“It's fine, they kind of pissed off Mel.” He tells us. 

 

“And?” Emmett asks. 

 

“When she kicked them out of her house, they toilet papered her lawn.” Alex seems to not want to tell us the worst part.

 

“And?” Emmett asks. 

 

“Michael tried to use a blowtorch to write Justin loves Michael on Mel's lawn.” He tells us. 

 

“AND” Brian asks glaring.

 

“Lindsay and him were fighting about how the heart wasn't very artistic. Lindsay tried to get the blowtorch out of Michael’s hand. He was holding it over his head and ended up catching the toilet paper on fire. It would have been okay if they hadn't uses fifty rolls on the tree they set on fire.” Alex tells us.

 

“Are Gus and Jenny okay?” Brian asks him. 

 

“The fire burned down the neighbor's house, who was on vacation. So no one was hurt. At least in the fire.” Alex tells us. 

 

“Why didn’t Mel call us.” Ted asks Alex. 

 

“She probably will as soon as she's released today.” He tells us. 

 

“Is she in the hospital?” Blake asks worried.

 

“No, Carl had to put her in jail.” He tells us. 

 

“What for?” I ask him. 

 

“Michael and Lindsay tried to escape, when the police arrived so Mel jumped on her motorcycle to, as she put it, “knock some sense in them”. Carl is trying to get Mel off the assault with a motor vehicle charge.” He tells us. 

 

“Where were the kids?” Brian asks. 

 

“Her girlfriend had them safe in the house. Mel crashed into them, but wasn't hurt. Michael was wearing a superhero outfit so it was torn but he only had a few scraps. Lindsay would have been fine but when she jumped out of the way some burning toilet paper landed in her hair, she had to get it buzzed. The problem is now they are trying to charge Mel with attempted murder.” He tells us. 

 

“We need to get home. Call Larry and see if he can get Mel out of jail.” I tell Brian. 

 

“I came to see if you'd agree to sit in a session with them.” He tells me. 

 

“Why would I want to help them?” I ask him. 

 

“It's the only way they'll drop the charges on Mel.” He tells me. 

 

“So I sit there, then Mel isn’t going to be charged.” I ask him. 

 

“They told Carl they would drop the charges if you agree. I promise they won't be able to touch Justin.” He tells Brian. 

 

“How can you promise that?” Brian asks him. 

 

“They have to be handcuffed to their chairs in order to get me to agree to treat them.” Alex tells us. 

 

“We are all going, just to see that.” Emmett tells him. 

 

“In the interest of full disclosure, they promise not to kidnap you.” Alex tells me.