- Text Size +

ALEX

 

I spent the morning getting ready for Michael and Lindsay to appear. Last night was fun, Justin had to be dragged off from the YoYo. I have to admit that Daphne comes up with some interesting things. I figured that we could have a better session, since I overheard Daphne telling Blake that they were going to work on other fun things to do at Babylon.

 

When Carl walked in with Lindsay and Michael, he told me that he and Deb were going out of town so Michael would be staying with Lindsay’s family. I had to wonder if that was a good idea. Michael was smiling and Lindsay seemed resigned to be here.

 

“We are going to talk about ways to use your time better.” I tell them.

 

“Ma told me I had to apologize for destroying your house, but Lindsay is the one who threw the torch on your magazine .” Michael tells me.

 

“Why would you bring a torch anyway?” I ask him.

 

“I wanted to pretend we were invading your lair.” Michael tells me like I should understand. 

 

“I kept telling him that we could just turn on a light. I didn't pay attention to where I threw it.” She tells me instead of apologizing. 

 

“Hey, on the bright side, Ma is letting us work at the diner when Justin there.” Michael tells me. 

 

“You can't be around Justin.” I need to talk to Deb about this.

 

“I think Justin wanted it.” Michael tells me. 

 

“See, he must be realizing he wants us.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“Have you two even realized that these pranks aren’t showing you anything but how little Justin wants you?” I ask them.

 

“Hey, last night was fun, too bad Brian is charging to do it now.” Michael complains.

 

“They turned you into a ball of string and let people roll you down the road.” I can't believe they don't see it.

 

“That was Daphne trying to keep her hag position.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

I put my hands over my face, these two can turn everything into Justin being innocent. I feel something grab my hands as see one of the monkeys, I notice Justin got them name tags.

 

“You got a monkey?” Michael asks me. 

 

“They're filthy animals.” Lindsey tells us. 

 

The monkey looks at Lindsay wrinkling her nose at it. I'm trying to figure out how it got here. My office door is cracked open and I see the other monkey climbing up the back of Lindsay’s chair. My phone rings and I already know something is up. 

 

“You should call animal control and have them get these rodents.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“I think they’re cute.” Michael tells her. 

 

“There probably full of diseases.” She sneers at the one on my desk.

 

The monkey climbs on me and puts her arms around my neck. I can feel her shaking because of Lindsay.

 

“Lindsay, don't scare her.” I tell her. 

 

“She belongs in a zoo.” She sneers. 

 

The other monkey perches on the back of Lindsay’s chair and grabs her hair and yanks hard.

 

“Ow, what the hell.” Lindsay yells as she turns to look and gets a facefull of monkey spit.

 

“Michael, cut it out.” I tell him.     

 

“I'm not doing anything.” Michael tells me. 

 

“Michael get on my desk.” I tell him as he holds on to Lindsay’s hair and stays out of the way as she tries to swat him.

 

“Doc, why do I have to get on the desk?” He asks looking confused.

 

Lindsay tries again to hit the monkey and he jumps on her head and pulls out a few tufts of her hair.

 

“I'm going to kill it.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“Bad Michael.” I tell him. 

 

“I'm not doing anything.” Michael tells me. 

 

The monkeys start screeching at Lindsay when she reaches up and grabs Michael, throwing him at Michael. My phone keeps ringing and Lindsay monkey picks it up and acts like she talking.

 

“Lindsay hand me the phone.” I tell the monkey, holding out my hand.

 

“I'm not touching anything in the thing’s hand.” Lindsay tells me. 

 

“Not you.” I tell Lindsay then turn to the one with my phone, “Lindsay give it to me.” I say gently to the monkey.

 

“They named that thing Lindsay?” Lindsay asks, horrified.    

 

“Wait, his name is Michael?” Michael asks smiling.

 

“Don't worry baby Daddy's coming.” Is the first thing I hear when I pick up the phone.

 

“You didn’t bring them here?” I ask Justin.

 

“Brian got mad and said that he was taking them to you to cure their codependency. They just wanted to sleep with us.” Justin tells me. 

 

“So this isn't a prank?” I ask him. 

 

“You really think I would do that to my babies?” Justin says sounding offended.

 

“Call Brian and tell him to come back, I don't think they like Lindsay.” I tell him as the monkeys start run after her.

 

“She better not hurt them.” Justin warns me.

 

“You better bring something to clean the shit they are throwing at her.” I tell him.

 

“We’ll pay for what they break.” Justin tells me. 

 

“Not objects Justin.” I tell him. 

 

“She must be scaring them.” Justin tells me. 

 

“Enough that they shit on her purse.” I tell him watching them do it.

 

“I'll be there in a sec.” Justin tells me and hangs up.

 

“Lindsay, stop running and go in the bathroom and clean up.” I tell her. 

 

“Babies, your daddy's coming.” I tell them praying they'll stop.

 

They look at me and climb down holding out their hands.

 

“Michael can you get something to clean them up with?” I ask him. 

 

“Me or him?” Michael asks me. 

 

“You, I need to clean them up.” I tell him. 

 

“Just wanted to clarify since Justin named him for me.” Michael tells me. 

 

“I don’t think it was a compliment Michael.” I tell him. 

 

“You better not have hurt my babies.” Justin tells Lindsay as he comes through the door.

 

I heard a scuffing and run out to see Lindsay trying to drag Justin out off my office. 

 

“Lindsay let him go.” I tell her. 

 

“No, I'm taking him with me.” She tells me as she drags a smirking Justin with her.

 

“Wait, if he goes anywhere it's with me.” Michael runs past me.

 

“I caught him so he's mine.” Lindsay argues as she rushes to the door with Justin, who winks at me.

 

“Brian and Drew have the exits blocked.” Justin tells them. 

 

“Lindsay they could have some trap, we should go up on the roof and down that way.” Michael yells as they run off with Justin.

 

“Michael this isn’t a comic.” I tell him, chasing after them.

 

“I wanted to help you get me away from Brian.” Justin tells them. 

 

“You finally realized you love me.” Michael says excitedly. 

 

“He knows that we'll have a great life, that's what he's saying.” Lindsay tells Michael. 

 

“Tell her it's me.” Michael argues.

 

“Who ever reaches the roof first gets to take me with them.” Justin tells them.   

 

“Justin, whatever is going on in that mind of yours, please stop.” I tell him. 

 

“I'm just offering a romantic surprise.” The little con tells me.

 

“I'm getting there first.” Michael yells as he runs up the stairs. 

 

“I'm going to be the one.” Lindsay yells as she tries to trip Michael. 

 

“Daddy's work is done, come on babies I have treats for you.” Justin holds out his arms. They run and I watch him skip towards the doors.

 

“If you're up for an adventure follow the moron twins.” Daphne tells me sticking her head in the outer door.

 

It occurs to me that Justin wanted them on the roof. Crap, what would be up there. I run up the stairs and through the open door in time to see Lindsay and Michael being carried away in a hot air balloon.

 

“Doc, I think I pulled the ribbon that was holding this on the roof.” Michael yells.

 

“You were just trying to impress Justin.” Lindsay argues. 

 

“Like you weren't by tripping me. Only I landed in here.” He argues.

 

“I was here first. Justin, I was here first don't let Michael lie to you.” She yells at him. 

 

I turn to see Justin untying a rope. I run to grab it as the balloon starts rising.

 

“Justin how are you getting on?” Michael yells at him.

 

“Sorry, but you should have waited for me.” He smiles as they get carried away.

 

“Okay genius how do we get them back?” I ask him. 

 

“Not really sure, ask Kelly, she thought we should send them to the moon, but Nasa didn’t agree.” He tells me whistling as he walks away.

 

“So Doc, think you could help me get my bed back?” Brian asks me looking at a disappearing Lindsay and Michael.

 

“Brian I'm more worried about getting Michael and Lindsay back.” I tell him. 

 

“They'll crash eventually, there's only so much gas in that thing.” Brian tells me.

 

“What if they get killed?” I ask him. 

 

“Daphne assured us they should reach water first, but who knows apparently it depends on the wind. Now about my bed.” He asks me. 

 

MICHAEL 

 

“I can’t believe Justin finally wants me and I'm stuck with you.” I tell her. 

 

“I can’t believe he named a filthy animal after me.” She sneers. 

 

“I wonder if he cuddles Michael dreaming it's me.” I smile at the idea. 

 

“How the hell could you think that's a compliment?” She asks me. 

 

“It is too.” I tell her. 

 

“Whatever.” She tells me and stands up to see where this is taking us.

 

“Maybe Justin is using this to meet us somewhere?” I say excitedly. 

 

“It didn't think of that, but maybe this was the plan so he and I could get away.” Lindsay mumbles. 

 

“Wouldn’t it be romantic to land and run into each other's arms.” I picture him standing there smiling at me.

 

“Only it's me he's waiting for.” She tells me. 

 

“He wants a man, not you.” I argue. 

 

“Then you aren't going to get him, I’ve seen you naked, and you whine like a girl.” She tells me. 

I get up and slap her like my Ma does. Lindsay hauls back and I move in time for her to miss and go over the side. I hear her screaming and see her upside down with her leg caught in the net.

 

“Michael help me.” She screams.

 

“Not until you admit he wants me.” I tell her. 

 

“NEVER.”She yells.

 

“Than I hope you like the view.” I smirk.

 

ALEX

 

I was calling to see if there was any way to rescue my patients. Daphne comes in and sits in front of my desk. 

 

“I'm busy trying to help Michael and Lindsay, so can this wait?” I ask her. 

 

“Yeah about that, I miscalculated a little.” She tells me. 

 

“How big of a miscalculation?” I ask her. 

 

“Well they should end up over water.” She tells me. 

 

“Where?” I ask because she didn't seemed disappointed by it.

 

“You know the water treatment plant?” She asks me. 

 

“The one in town?” I ask her. 

 

“More like West Virginia but yeah.” She tells me.

 

“What about it?” I ask her. 

 

“If they get there they'll be fine.” She tells me. 

 

“And if they don't?” I ask before she gets out the door.

 

“They better hope the trees catch them, but I wonder which is worse. Sewer or tree.” She giggles.

 

I sit at my desk until I hear ‘sewer won’.