- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

Justin leaned against Brian in the backseat of the cab. He let out a long sigh.

"You okay?" Brian asked as he gave Justin a squeeze.

"Tired. I know these openings are necessary but it's like putting on a major performance every time."

"Maybe we should get you an understudy," Brian chuckled.

"I wish we could. But if somebody is forking out massive amounts of dough to buy a painting, the least they expect is to meet the artist in person."

"And how massive were the amounts?"

"About two thirds of the paintings sold."

"That's great, Justin," Brian said kissing Justin's cheek and hoping the taxi driver wasn't paying any attention.

"Sidney's sure they'll all sell before the show is over."

"My little artistic genius," Brian smiled.

"You are such a smoosh," Justin giggled wrapping his fingers into Brian's.

"And just what is a smoosh?"

"It's someone who is so soft and lovable that he makes my heart ache," Justin said looking into Brian's eyes.

"I would think that someone with a fifteen hundred SAT score could come up with a better word than smoosh," Brian teased, but he was secretly pleased with Justin's word.

"I think inventing a new word for someone is a huge compliment." Justin felt himself being pulled a little closer to Brian. Brian's chin came to rest on the top of Justin's head. All was silence. Justin smiled knowing that Brian was using the time to get control of himself. Justin had hit him with another emotional moment and Brian still didn't handle those terribly well, even after all this time.

The taxi pulled up at the hotel and Justin felt Brian release him. "Come on, big guy. Let's go see how Squirt and Claire made out," Justin said pulling Brian out of the taxi.

Brian paid the driver and then put his hand back in Justin's as they made their way inside. The short elevator ride brought them to their floor. They unlocked the door to their suite seeing Claire dozing in front of the TV.

"Oh my," Claire said sitting up as she heard the door close behind them. "I think I dozed off."

"That must mean that the Squirt behaved herself," Brian smirked.

"She was a little angel after she recovered from the realization that neither one of you was here," Claire laughed.

"She is a possessive little devil," Brian chuckled as he opened the door to the bedroom and slipped inside.

Justin and Claire joined him and they all watched Briana sleep for a few minutes. She looked so peaceful and perfect. Her little rosebud mouth would clench every once in a while like she was sucking in her sleep. Otherwise her breathing was slow and regular as she slept that perfect sleep that only babies seem to have.

"Think she'll make it through the night?" Justin whispered.

Brian snorted. "She is perfectly capable of making it through the night, but I think she gets lonely so she wakes us up for some company. She never seems very hungry."

"You know you'd miss it if she didn't call out for her Dada every night," Justin grinned giving Brian a squeeze around the waist.

Brian smiled. He knew that was true. He had taken the job of giving Briana her nighttime feedings. He loved sitting in the rocking chair with her while she sipped daintily at her two a.m. bottle. It was quiet in the house, Justin sleeping peacefully in their bed. Brian would cuddle the little bundle that he loved beyond anything words could describe. In those moments he was so happy, happy beyond anything he had ever dreamed of.

"Come on, Brian. Let's let her sleep," Justin said taking Brian's hand.

The three adults made their way back into the sitting area of the suite.

"Thanks so much for taking such good care of the Squirt, Claire," Brian said giving Claire a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Not a problem. She's a beautiful little girl and I love looking after her almost as much as I love looking after Little Red."

"Don't let John and Bobby hear you making that comparison," Justin laughed.

"I'm going to my room before I get into more trouble," Claire said kissing Justin's cheek. "You boys enjoy the rest of your evening."

Brian closed the door behind her. She just had to go a couple of doors down the hall and she would be in the room that Brian had booked for her.

"Shall we start enjoying the rest of our evening?" Justin asked.

Brian waggled his eyebrows and Justin knew they would certainly enjoy themselves. Before long they were naked and sprawled on the bed Brian on top of Justin.

"I want you as much today as I did the first time I saw you," Brian whispered against Justin's throat where he had found a delicious spot to nibble. It made Justin squirm and that squirming rubbed their hard cocks together. It felt oh so good.

"I want you too."

"Always?"

"Of course."

"Then I'm going to fuck you like you've never been fucked before," Brian whispered.

"Go for it, big guy."

And Brian did. Some time later when they were sure they were both still on the planet Earth and they could breathe without panting, Brian stuffed some pillows behind his back and pulled Justin against his chest. As they lay there in each other's arms, everything seemed so right with the world.

"Do you know what Brett Keller said to me tonight?" Justin asked out of the blue.

"What?" Brian said knowing full well what it was.

"He would like to try to resurrect the Rage movie."

"No shit!"

"He seems to think the times are right for such a project."

"And what do you think?" Brian asked.

"I think it's over and done with."

"Really?"

"I don't want to go back to Hollywood. I'm not nor will I ever be a staah!" Justin said using the pronunciation he had used to dazzle Brian when he had first learned that he was going to Hollywood.

"I think you'd make a wonderful staah at anything you choose to do."

"That's nice of you to say, but you know it's not true," Justin protested.

"You were a star tonight at the gallery. Everyone wanted a piece of you, and you sure knew how to work the room."

"You think?" Justin asked raising his head to look into Brian's eyes.

"I know."

"Are you telling me that you think I should go back to working on Rage with Brett?"

"I'm saying you shouldn't dismiss it without giving it some real thought."

"I don't know," Justin said hesitantly.

"You don't have to decide immediately."

"Besides, how could I leave you and Bree? She's so little."

"Who says you'd have to leave her," Brian stated.

"What do you mean?"

"Technology! You know phones with cameras and fax machines and video feed. You could do most of it from our home, and you could go to Hollywood for a few days at a time if they truly needed you."

"Geez, how much thought have you given this?"

"I've been thinking about it ever since Brett talked to me before he broached the subject with you."

"Fuck!"

"I'm ready if you are," Brian chuckled reaching under the sheet to grab Justin's dick.

"You're hopeless!"

"Am not! I'm a thoughtful, loving partner, and you better not forget it."

"You'll never let me," Justin giggled. "I'm ready too," he added as his lips found Brian's.

Brian woke to an insistent humming sound. At first he didn't know what it was but he quickly realized that his cell phone was vibrating on the night table. He flipped it open and said, "What!"

"Dad?"

Brian recognized Gus' voice immediately. "Gus? Is something wrong?"

"No, why?"

"It's not even six in the morning."

"Where are you?" Gus asked. "I tried the cottage but I got the machine, and it's almost nine o'clock in the morning."

"Not in California."

"You're in California? How come?"

Brian sighed realizing that he had not informed the family that he was going with Justin to his opening. "Justin had an opening at a gallery out here, so I came with him."

"And the baby too?"

"Yes, Gus. Bree is here. We could hardly leave her behind."

'But you leave me behind all the time,' Gus thought. "I guess she's too little to stay by herself," he conceded out loud.

"Just a tad," Brian chuckled. "Why did you call, Gus?"

"I wanted to make sure you'd be at my birthday party on the weekend."

Brian rubbed his face. He had totally forgotten. "We'll be home early next week. Of course we'll come to your party."

"It's at the rock climbing place. I wanted you to climb with me."

"I … I don't know about that," Brian hedged.

"You wear safety gear and someone holds the line so you can't fall."

"I'll see, Gus," Brian said non-committally.

"Great," Gus replied.

Brian could hear the disappointment in Gus' voice. "I'll try."

"Thanks," Gus said not at all convinced that his father would be there and less convinced that he would agree to climb. "I'll see you when you get back."

The line went dead. Brian looked at the phone and then set it back on the night table. The sun was coming up and he could hear Bree starting to make noises from the next room. He threw back the covers and went to get her before she started to cry. He'd have to make sure to get something special for Gus while they were in California.

*****

The next few days flew by in a whirlwind. With Claire there willing to help out with Briana, it freed up Brian to finalize the partnership with Reilly. Claire took Bree with her as she went off to reconnect with relatives of her father. Justin spent time at the gallery schmoozing with art patrons as Brett sniffed at Sidney's heels trying to convince him that Rage would be the next 'Superman.'

At Reilly's agency Brian was able to video conference with Kinnetik and Part Deux to discuss the partnership. Joseph Reilly and his staff were present with Brian; Cynthia and Ted at Kinnetik and Scott at Part Deux were all in attendance.

"Cyn, you hear me okay?"

"Loud and clear, oh wise one." Brian rolled his eyes at her remark then turned to meet Reilly's shocked eyes.

"Cynthia and I have worked together for far more years than I care to remember. She and only SHE, can get away with shit like that. Right, Theodore." Brian turned back to the camera to press the point with Ted.

"Right Boss!" Brian sneered and chuckled.

"Cynthia, Ted, I'd like you to meet Joseph Reilly, Kinnetik's prospective new west coast partner." Cynthia and Ted both greeted Reilly as Reilly introduced his staff.

"Cynthia is my right hand man, woman, I should say, and Ted is my accountant. Cynthia has full control at Kinnetik. Even kicks my ass on occasion."

"Brian, you're giving Mr. Reilly the wrong impression." Then addressing Reilly and his staff, Cynthia proceeded to give Reilly a virtual tour of Kinnetik and how they worked together. Then she proudly turned the reins over to Scott who was patiently waiting at Part Deux. Scott continued the tour, enthusiastically showing off the office setup. Brian sat back and watched with awe how his employees and friends conducted their business with dignity and professionalism. The time he, Cynthia and Ted spent on selecting employees had definitely paid off.

As Scott was concluding his discussion regarding the subtle differences between the two parts of Kinnetik and the clients they attracted, Drew Boyd walked into Kinnetik. He was there to go over his next promotional tour for Spirit Athletic Clothes.

"Drew! Great timing as always. I'd like you meet Joseph Reilly, we're talking a partnership with Kinnetik. Joseph, this is..."

"Drew Boyd!" Joseph said with a shout. "You are my all time favorite and the best color man the team has ever had. It's an honor to meet you," Reilly gushed.

"Thank you, Joseph. Now let me give you some advice. To partner with a man like Brian you have to be strong, stand by your convictions and listen to every word he tells you. He won't steer you wrong."

After several more hours, Brian and Reilly decided to conclude their business at a restaurant close to Justin's art gallery. Brian hoped to have Justin meet Reilly then they would all go to lunch.

"There you are, Sunshine. I'd like you to meet Joseph Reilly, Kinnetik's new partner."

Justin flashed his winning smile as he clasped Reilly's hand. "Very nice to meet you, Mr. Reilly. Brian's very excited about your partnership," Justin said as he looked up at the very good looking Reilly. Brian cleared his throat, arching an eyebrow at his spouse. Justin blushed.

"Joseph, this is my partner, Justin Taylor. Currently very uncharacteristically silent and..." Justin's stomach took that opportunity to grumble. "...hungry! Can you join us for lunch?" Brian chuckled.

"Lunch sounds great. Let me tell Sidney." The three men exited the gallery then walked a few doors down for lunch. Over salads the three began to learn more about each other.

"Justin Taylor, the artist?" Reilly asked. Justin blushed again and nodded. "Wow, I meet a famous artist and my sports hero all in one day. And I get to partner with the best ad man in the business. I'm one lucky man," Reilly laughed out loud and was joined by Brian and Justin. Raising his glass, Brian proposed a toast.

"To artists and football players."

"And to Kinnetik," Justin added. "Bri, what are you going to call the new agency? The name needs to reflect both of you."

"I haven't given it much thought, Justin. I figured it would stay Reilly's and just add Kinnetik's name. Do you have something in mind?"

"Not sure. But I'll let you know." They continued their lunch in companionable silence.

Later that night at the hotel, Briana was all tucked in and out like a light. The lovers discussed their day and the trip home as they cuddled in bed.

"Brian, we'll make it back in plenty of time for Gus' party."

"We better and I better come up with a great birthday present. I think Gus is a little jealous of the Squirt. I think he resents the time I spend with her. I'm worried that he'll grow up to hate me. And her."

Brian cuddled closer to Justin, seeking the reassurance that only Justin could give. Justin knew he had to be subtle and choose his words carefully. For all of Brian's bravado in his business and with the family, there was still an emotionally unsure man under it all.

"Brian, remember when Craig threw me out?"

"Of course I do, he was a bigger asshole than I ever was."

"Yeah, he was. You know what I miss the most about him?"

"What?"

"I miss the times we spent doing guy stuff. I mean he had the money to buy me some great stuff but all I really wanted was just to go to the park with him. Or throw a baseball. One time he brought me to his office. I was so proud watching him work. It was like he was a king and I got to be his prince. He gave me some filing to do, you know simple stuff, I was just a kid but I thought it was so great. He trusted me to do it. I went around singing the alphabet song the whole day to make sure I got everything right and then he took me to lunch with some of his friends. I had the best time."

There was a long silence then Brian started to whisper into Justin's hair. "I remember when Jack took me to the farm that first time. He called it a boys' day out. I think that was my only happy memory I have about him. The next time, well you know." Brian's sigh was matched by Justin's.

"You know, Lindsay says Gus is showing some interest in art, especially graphic design. I'm sure he's inherited some of the old Kinney eye for color and Lindsay really is a good artist. Who knows, maybe he'll be an ad man like his pop."

Brian grumbled quietly about the 'old' crack but then he thought seriously about what Justin had told him.

"I ordered new computer equipment for Kinnetik. I want the most upgradable equipment so we can video conference with Reilly easily. Each office will get a delivery as well as one for my home office. They all have similar software, including an updated version of that art program you used when you were getting your groove back after you were hurt. Each art department will get several new computers too. They gave me such a great deal and they threw in one extra set. Do you think Gus might like it?"

"Like it?! He'll love it! What kid wouldn't love a brand new computer with all the buzzers and bells? And you can conference with him when he's doing homework."

"Brings a whole new meaning to helping out with homework. You know Reilly's office has been trying to reel in a company that's geared toward teenagers' clothes, games, shit like that. Reilly hesitated because none of his employees have kids. He wasn't sure he'd capture the right angle. Gus is a smart kid. He's been able to pick out every one of Kinnetik's commercials and ads. I wonder if I could get his take on it."

"Brian, I think that's a great idea. I bet he'd love to help out his old man." Justin giggled knowing the old reference would get him tickled, or squeezed or kissed silly. What Justin got was all three. Brian pounced. Justin was tickled and squeezed and thoroughly kissed by Brian. Then Brian made love to Justin, pouring all his love into the one man that brought sense to Brian's somewhat chaotic life.

Justin was basking in the afterglow for a few minutes before their stickiness became annoying. He was lying on top of Brian. Justin reveled in the feeling of Brian's hands gently caressing his back and ass. Every once in a while Brian would slip his finger tip into Justin's hole. He was still loose and lubed after their love making. Justin was practically purring at Brian's touch.

"Mmm, I love how you touch me," Justin purred into Brian's neck.

"Yeah? Well I love how you bring my life into perspective. You make everything so clear."

"Mmm," Justin softly murmured then all of a sudden he pushed himself up, his butt resting on Brian's thighs.

"That's it!"

"What's it?"

"Perspective! The name for the new agency. Perspective. Then under it Kinnetik/Reilly. It's perfect. The two agencies together bring in a new perspective on ads. It reflects both agencies!"

"You're a genius, Sunshine." Justin let himself fall back onto Brian's chest with a gooey splat.

"Eww," Justin giggled out, now their stickiness was annoying.

"Come on, genius, time for a shower, then sleep. We have to pack tomorrow."

The lovers kissed then went to shower.