- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

After his run in with Pullman went so well, Brian decided to knuckle down and cultivate some other clients that were waiting in the wings. He'd have to close a lot of deals to make up for losing ten million dollars. It wasn't the money that bothered him as much as the thought that at one time in his life he might have given in to the bastard just for the money. Anything to close the deal, like the time he almost whored himself out to close that deal with Telson. Brian watched Bree in her playpen, taking her nap and shuddered, never again he thought. Some things were more important than money, like family and personal dignity. No, let Vangard have him. Kinnetik would make do.

A few hours later, Brian had a couple of meetings set up with three new clients, two for Kinnetik and one for Part Deux. Brian also received a call from Reilly. Perspective had a few new clients also sniffing around. By the end of the business day, Brian's empire was secured; the loss of the ten million dollar contract, more than compensated for. It was getting close to six. Brian had to get Briana home and pick up the promised soup and lemon bars for his ailing spouse. Brian packed up his briefcase, his daughter then bid a goodnight to Kinnetik.

"Well look who decided to grace us with a visit," Debbie shouted above the diner noise as Brian carrying a sleepy Briana walked in.

"I didn't know you cared," Brian snarked but with a smirk.

"Not you, asshole. This precious little bundle." Debbie came around the counter to take Briana from her father. She gave the baby a slurpy kiss on the cheek and then softly cuffed Brian behind the ear. "And why haven't I seen you since Christmas?" Debbie asked, giving Brian the evil eye.

"Been busy, Deb. You know, work. Takes a lot of money to keep this child in diapers."

"Don't I know it! What brings you to the Pitts? I thought Cynthia had Kinnetik under control." Debbie sat in a vacant booth so she could comfortably hold Briana. Brian made himself at home by getting a couple of mugs of coffee and bringing them to their table.

"Some asshole was giving her a hard time and not in a positive life affirming way. I needed to put him in his place then kick his ass out. I want business but not that kind."

"Honey, are you sure you did the right thing? Turning down business, that can't be good."

"I know Deb, but I couldn't take it. He was a bigot and he insulted Cynthia. She means more to me than any contract."

"Then you did right, kiddo. And I'm proud of you. So what can I get you?"

"For me? Nothing. But Justin has a stinking cold. He needs your soup and some lemon bars."

"Aw, that's so sweet. Drink your coffee. I'll put in your order for the soup and for a couple of grilled chicken caesar salads. You need to eat too and maybe Sunshine can have his tomorrow for lunch."

"Thanks, Debbie."

Debbie and Bree went to put in the order. Brian sipped his coffee then closed his eyes, relaxing before his drive back to the cottage. He stretched out his long legs on the seat. A good looking young man slipped himself into Brian's booth, sitting opposite from him. Brian opened his eyes to the 'gentleman' staring.

"Didn't your mommy ever tell you that it's impolite to stare?"

"I must have missed that lesson."

"Apparently." Brian waited for the intruder to formally introduce himself, then he closed his eyes again. Brian knew who this new asshole was.

"Aren't you Brian Kinney, the whore of Liberty Avenue?" the interloper said with a sneer.

"That's ex-whore. I'm retired," Brian returned without batting an eye.

"Oh yeah, heard you got married to some blond. Heard he was some legendary whore too. Had a hot ass, or so I've been told."

"Still does."

"I heard you fucked just about everyone in this burgh."

"Not everyone, I have standards," Brian leered. He was growing tired of this cat and mouse game. "Deb, my order ready yet?" Brian yelled over his shoulder.

"Keep your fucking shirt on. A few more minutes," Debbie shouted back as she and Kiki cooed to the baby.

"If you're such hot shit, why haven't I seen you at Babylon? Anyone who's anyone goes to Babylon. And I bet I can outfuck you any day of the week."

"Busy." Brian ignored the challenge.

"No one's that busy. I heard you're in advertising too."

"You hear a lot, don't you?" Brian was now annoyed. This little shit was not taking the hint and Brian wanted to go home. The bell rang over the door, signaling Emmett and Ted's arrival. Ted slipped in next to Brian as Emmett slid in next to...

"Brandon, I didn't know you knew Brian," Emmett gushed.

"He doesn't, Emmy Lou. Just sitting here, minding my own business when he happened along."

"Brian, I thought you'd be long gone," Ted remarked.

"Needed some soup for the blond. I think Debbie's squeezing the chickens as we speak."

"I'm all finished squeezing the chickens, your majesty. Everything's packed up for your drive and I put in extra lemon bars. Kiki's saying goodbye to the baby. You need help getting this stuff in the car?"

"We'll manage," Brian answered as he pushed Ted out so he could leave the booth.

"I'll help, Bri." Ted volunteered. He knew that even though Brian more than made up for the Westbury account, Brian was still pissed about it. Brian silently nodded, then took out his wallet and handed Debbie a couple of twenties. Kiki came out of the back in a flurry with the baby in her arms.

"I just changed her and she's all set for her ride home," Kiki said proudly to Brian.

"Thanks, Kiki." Brian looked up at the tranny and then arched an eyebrow. "Ah, Kiki, what's wrong with your eyes?"

"Oh," Kiki nervously giggled. "As I was putting Miss Briana in her snowsuit, the little angel took one of my eyelashes. Don't worry, it's in my pocket. If I had known she was going to visit I would have made myself babyproof."

Brian stared at the woman in disbelief then let out a snort. "Thanks. I'll warn you next time."

"See that you do," Kiki retorted, kissed the baby's head then sashayed back to the kitchen.

"Debbie, thanks for packing up the soup. I better get going." Brian kissed the woman's cheek.

"You're welcome, honey. You take care of my Sunshine."

"I will."

"I love you, kiddo."

"Love you too, Maw. Come on Theodore, you can walk me to the Jeep. Night Emily!" Brian shouted as he and Briana headed for the door.

"Night, sweetie. Kiss that hubby of yours for me."

"I plan to, Emm." Brian Kinney left the building.

"What a fucking asshole," Brandon griped as he watched Brian leave. "Says he doesn't go to Babylon but I guess he's too old."

"Honey, Brian Kinney will never be too old for Babylon or anything else. Besides, he owns Babylon."

"He owns it?" Brandon fell silent for a minute. "I know I could outfuck him any day."

"Honey, no one could ever outfuck Brian Kinney. I'll let you in on a little secret. It wasn't so much how many men he fucked, which by all accounts were maybe fifteen, sixteen on a slow week, it was how he fucked. You ask any of his former tricks. They'll be the first to tell you, he may have been an asshole but every one of them was left satisfied and wanting him again."

"Oh yeah? So all of those fucks were repeat customers," Brandon snorted.

"Oh no. One time only rule. There's only one man Brian Kinney ever fucked more than once."

"And who's that?"

"The man he married, of course." Emmett looked at Brandon as if he should have known the answer.

Emmett scanned the diner noting that most of the dinner crowd were probably Brian's tricks. Emmett decided to test his theory.

"Ahem, excuse me ya'll. By a show of hands, how many of you have had the pleasure of being known by Brian Kinney, in the Biblical sense?" 99% of the hands were raised.

"Thank you. And by a show of thumbs up, was he the best that ever had you?" Since they all had two thumbs, a double thumbs up was seen. "Thank you, gentlemen, please continue with your meal." Then to Brandon, "See?"

"And the brat?" Brandon asked nonchalantly. Emmett was about to rip Brandon a new one when a prune danish came sailing across the diner hitting Brandon on the side of his head then landed on the table with a splat. Brandon looked up in shock as Debbie stomped in close.

"Listen, you little asswipe, say what you will about Brian Kinney, he can take care of himself, but no one says anything against his family especially his children. You got that?" Debbie said as she pointed a very sharp red-nailed finger in his direction.

"Yes, ma'am," Brandon said contritely.

"Now, would you like coffee with your danish?" Debbie asked innocently as she pulled a pencil from her hair.

*****

"Honey, I'm home!" Brian called out into the dark cottage. "Justin?" Hearing no response, Brian got more than a little worried. He brought Briana into her room, stripped off the snowsuit and sweater and made her comfortable in her crib. She didn't utter a peep. Brian then made a beeline for his bedroom.

"Justin?" Brian clicked on a small lamp then rooted around under the blankets searching for his spouse. Finding the younger man, Brian gingerly peeled back the covers.

"Brian?" Justin mumbled with a scratchy voice.

"The one and only. How do you feel?"

"Like shit. Everything hurts. Do you think I have the flu?"

"Don't know; it's possible. A lot of people have it. I have your soup. Do you feel up to having some?"

"I think so."

"Have you left this room at all today?"

"Not really, just to pee and then I came right back."

"Okay, then here's the plan..."

Brian helped Justin to wash up especially his hands. He helped him to get out of his dirty sweaty clothes and into a fresh set of sweats. Then Brian situated the younger man out on the sun porch on a settee with an afghan. Brian reheated the soup, made tea and brought Justin a couple of aspirin. Brian stripped their bed and threw the sheets, pillow cases and Justin's clothes into the wash. He then made sure their daughter was warm and secure in her room and turned up her intercom so that she could be heard throughout the cottage. Brian closed her door. He went back to their bedroom, made sure the door to the sun porch was shut tight and threw open the window letting the crisp February air clear out the germs. Grabbing a sweat shirt from his drawer, Brian shut the bedroom door behind him. Brian washed up, grabbed his salad and then joined his spouse on the porch.

"You feeling better, Sonny Boy."

"Yeah," Justin squeaked. "How did it go at Kinnetik?"

"Shush, no talking, we'll discuss it later. Eat your soup. A sick Sunshine is a miserable Sunshine. Got to have my boy back, feeling better. I'll make you more tea." Justin smiled weakly and nodded to his husband. Even though he felt like shit, Justin also felt like a million bucks. Brian Kinney was taking care of him. Nothing could be better than that!

*****

"Hey Cyn. How did the meetings go?" Brian was in Harrisburg finishing up some business. Bree was bouncing away in her swing that Brian had set up in his office for her.

"They went very, very well. Two new accounts, Ted is happier than a pig in shit. How about the one Part Deux was working on?"

"All signed, sealed and delivered. Scott's got the team working on it now."

"How is Justin doing?"

"All better. Just a couple of left over sniffles but he's back on top, so to speak."

"I bet he is. Got the TLC from his top?"

"Cynthia, I never kiss and tell!"

"Humph, I bet. Before I go, I wanted to let you know, I got a call from Pullman's associate this morning. Apparently he does not have final say over the advertising budget nor ad agency for Westbury. The call I got was from a Ms. Kelly. She'd like to go over the campaign with me. What do you think?"

"I think, why are you talking to me when you should be talking to her. Go forth and close the deal, Cyn."

"Yes, boss. Later, Brian."

"Later." Brian smiled, things were certainly looking up. Kinnetik and its various parts were raking in the dough. Justin was feeling better and thankfully neither he nor Briana caught Justin's cold. Nothing worse than a baby or a drama queen with a runny nose. Brian was looking forward to a little cuddle time with a certain blond boy in his life. Just then Scott's voice broke through Brian's daydream.

"Brian, Bobby on line one."

"Hey Big Red, how's it hanging?"

"A little to the right. Listen Big Guy, Patrick's been missing his baby cousin. Claire and John commented that you've been very selfish since Christmas. I know she's your daughter and the best thing since sliced bread but don't you think it's time to give her a break. I'm sure Briana could handle an overnight here with us. I realize Patrick's been out of diapers for all of fifteen minutes but I do remember how to change them. Some things you never forget. So, how 'bout it, Brian? I know you always travel with a half a dozen different outfits for her and enough cereal to feed ten kids. Bree's almost a year old, so she's just about off the formula, right?"

"Okay, okay. You've convinced me. I guess me and the blond ambition boy could use a little alone time." Then Brian thought about it for a moment. "Did he put you up to this?" Brian almost scowled. Their sex life really hadn't changed all that much since they brought Briana home. They just had to become more creative and fast.

"Don't get into a snit. I called Justin to see how he was feeling. He sounds so much better. He told me about the new show and that he felt bad that you had to take care of Bree without him. I offered. Brian, John and I have plenty of help. You and Justin have been doing this all on your own since the day she was born. Please, let us do this. You guys need a break. I can be at your office in ten minutes."

"But what about Justin, he didn't get a chance to say goodbye?" Brian said softly.

"Brian." Justin walked into Brian's office, all smiles and feeling so much better. He was in town buying more supplies. Brian put the phone on speaker.

"I sense a conspiracy," Brian growled.

"No conspiracy," Bobby called out. "Just a suggestion but one I think you should carefully consider."

"Brian, this is no different from when you had to go out of town for a few days or when I had to go to New York for that opening. Our daughter couldn't be in better hands. And we do need a little break. No one can begrudge us that. Please Brian."

"Please Brian," Bobby mimicked. Brian looked at his spouse and then leered at the phone. "He's scowling at the phone, isn't he, Justin?" Bobby giggled and so did Justin.

"Oh yeah, big time. If the furrows in his brow get any deeper, you could drive a truck through them."

"Oh for fuck's sake!" Brian threw up his hands in defeat. "Fine, the Squirt can stay with you guys for a day or two. But I better not find one little blond hair out of place when we pick her up." Both Bobby and Justin let out a cheer and Briana giggled happily.

"Well, Sunshine, it's just me and you for a couple of days. Think you can handle me?" Brian stood up with his arms spread out wide like that first time in the loft, daring Justin to take a look and a chance. Justin confidently walked into his arms.

"I can handle whatever you've got, Big Guy." Brian and Justin kissed until all the air got sucked out of the room.

"Uh guys, this is me hanging up now. I don't need to hear this in the middle of the afternoon. Some of us have to keep our pants zipped for a little while longer," Bobby laughed then cut the connection saying he'd see them in a bit.

*****

Justin was nibbling on Brian's ear while gently pinching his nipple. They had already fucked on the living room rug and against the granite island in the kitchen. They barely made it down the hall and into the shower when Justin rimmed Brian as the warm water sluiced over them both. They quickly dried each other and threw on robes and made a dash into the sun porch. They were able to make love as the sun was setting. Now they were resting before they started all over again.

"Brian?"

"Mmm."

"Can we do this once a month?"

"Have sex only once a month?"

"No, silly. Have a weekend to ourselves once a month. And we can do this for John and Bobby too. Think about it, Brian. We'll take Patrick for them one weekend and they take Bree. We can have Gus come over. He loves Patrick, maybe even JR. I bet the Munchers could do with some time alone."

"More icky lesbian shit, Sunshine?"

"Yeah, I suppose. Would you think about it?"

"It sounds like a fine idea, Justin. So fucking domestic but a good idea. Make up a schedule and we can propose it to the family."

"Glad you approve."

"I'd approve more of your tongue having its way with me again."

"Oh would you?"

"Mmm hmm. As long as I can reciprocate."

"Enough talking, Kinney. I have a better use for our tongues." Justin plundered Brian's mouth as Brian's hands roamed the soft pale skin. They made love, sucked, fucked, rimmed and made love again and again. And then again as they watched the sun come up.