[Reviews - 24] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

Justin Taylor is a former marine, discharged after three tours in Iraq. He’s struggling to find his feet in the civilian world he has returned to and decides to go in search of the unknown man whose photo he believes was his good luck charm during the war. His search takes him to Pittsburgh where he meets Brian Kinney, who’s busy dealing with his own demons. Together the two men might be able to heal each other. Inspired by the movie/book of the same name.

 


Rated: A
Categories: QAF US Characters: None
Tags: 10k+ Word Count, Out of Character, Violence
Genres: Alternate Universe, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes
Word count: 58362 Read: 34456
ePub Downloads: 33 Published: May 05, 2016 Updated: May 05, 2016
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. This site holds no connection to and is not endorsed by: Channel IV, Russell T. Davies, Showtime, CowLip Productions or any of the other writers and producers of either the UK or the US/NA Queer As Folk series. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 - Recon by samcdee [Reviews - 3] (3189 words)

Justin's final days in Baghdad.

Recon - Abbreviation for Reconnaissance - Military activity to find out information about an enemy.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

 

 

2. Chapter 2 - FUBAR by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3945 words)

 

Justin comes home to the US but can't deal with Molly due to his PTSD and heads off to find Babylon and Brian.

 

FUBAR - Acronym for Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.

 

 

3. Chapter 3 - Hooch by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (3428 words)

Justin moves into his new quarters, starts his new job at Babylon and continues to struggle against his PTSD symptoms.

 

Hooch - A hut or simple dwelling, either military or civilian.

4. Chapter 4 - Hold Overs by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (3474 words)

Justin finally gets to see more of his angel when he’s ordered to go to Britin to help out his boss with some repairs there. Justin bonds with Gus over the dog when he sees him at Britin. Enjoy!

 

Hold Overs - Military personnel awaiting orders.

5. Chapter 5 - Camels On Fire by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (3669 words)

Justin is still working at Britin when Lindsey drops by unannounced. Enjoy!

 

Camels on Fire - Enemy closing in.

 

6. Chapter 6 - A.I.T. by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4180 words)

Justin continues settling into his new home and working at the club. See what happens when he gets closer to Brian in the process. Enjoy!

 

A.I.T. - Advance Individual Training - The physical and mental training beyond basic combat training required in order for an individual to become a soldier.

7. Chapter 7 - ESI by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4572 words)

 

Brian experiences first hand Justin’s PTSD and the aftermath. Things start to heat up more between the boys. Brian opens up a bit more about what happened to Ben and why he was reluctant to hire Justin. Enjoy!

 

ESI - Extra Sensitive Information

 

 

8. Chapter 8 - Dog Tags by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3810 words)

Justin is at Britin and helps Gus train JB. We also meet up with Debbie for the first time. Justin gets asked by Gus to stay for lunch and things heat up a lot between the boys afterwards. Enjoy!


Dog Tags - Military identification tags which are hung around the neck on a ball chain.


9. Chapter 9 - BOHIC by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4293 words)

 

Who's ready for the big sex scene? Well, ready or not, here it comes! Plus, extra, bonus content, Brian discloses a bit more about his brother, Ben, Lindz talks with her father about getting custody of Gus and Justin experiences another bout of PTSD that Brian lovingly helps him through. This, and so much more in the continuing saga of The Lucky One. . . Enjoy! J.S.T.

 

BOHIC - Bend Over Here I Come


 

10. Chapter 10 - URI by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (3913 words)

 

Justin wants to tell Brian the truth about the photo but he’s afraid now because the truth might ruin the love that he and Brian have started to develope for each other. Meanwhile, we get another confrontation scene between Brian and Lindz. And, finally, Michael lets slip a little known fact that might cause Justin a LOT of trouble. Enjoy!

 

URI - Usually Reliable Information.

 

 

11. Chapter 11 - Blue Falcon by samcdee [Reviews - 2] (3504 words)

Lindsey is off to get her nefarious plans started. What will happen when it comes to light that Justin has been showing Brian's picture around town?


Blue Falcon - A "buddy fucker". Someone who is a fuckoff and drags their buddies into shit with them.


12. Chapter 12 - Clusterfuck by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (2965 words)

 

Brian confronts Justin about the photo. Things don't go all that well . . .

 

Clusterfuck - Military term for an operation in which multiple things have gone wrong.

 

13. Chapter 13 - SNAFU by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4011 words)

 

Gus runs away. Will his attempt to talk to Justin about his Uncle Ben result in revelations that will explain how Justin ended up with Brian's picture? Enjoy!

 

SNAFU - Acronym for the sarcastic expression - situation normal: all fucked up.

 

 

14. Chapter 14 - Screwed the Pooch by samcdee [Reviews - 1] (4580 words)

Gus runs off on horseback as a result of hearing Brian and Lindsey arguing over him. Everyone runs after him to try to save the boy just as a huge storm hits. What will happen to our sweet boy and how will the adults react to this setback? Read on to see . . .


Screwed the Pooch - Messed up real bad.





15. Chapter 15 - Epilogue: Mission Accomplished by samcdee [Reviews - 4] half-star (4829 words)

The final chapter! It's amazing! You'll love it! Well, at least we authors loved it! Thank you to all our readers and especially to those who took the time to leave comments and reviews. J.S.T.