- Text Size +

 

Bad as New

Chapter 9

The next few weeks were busy for the 'clinic gang.' Everyone had their assignments and were going about them quietly. Brian took more care not to be seen going over to Terry's. It was made easier since Ted set up a bank account for Frank. As it turned out, Frank was the son of a local professor at PIFA. He had fallen into the wrong crowd, ran away from home and was afraid to go back. When Justin heard all this, he made contact with the professor to feel out if Frank would be welcomed home. Justin's own non-existent relationship with Craig made him leery. If Frank's father was anything like his own, the rejection could wipe out all the good that was done. Ben also knew of the professor so he and Justin planned to make a visit.

John and Bobby were spending a lot time in Pittsburgh too. John and his foreman were busy taking measurements, walking around with hard hats and clip boards and generally doing things 'constructiony.' Since John had a financial stake in the project, he decided to take a more hands on approach, starting with a clean up crew for the bathhouse. Terry almost shit a brick when he thought it was Brian in the hard hat wielding a hammer and poking at tiles. John's friendly demeanor set him straight, so to speak. John even agreed to have the majority of the work planned for the bathhouse section of the building to be done between the hours of four in the morning and noon, the slowest part of the day. The work on the clinic side was being done in rotating shifts starting off with a small office for Hunter.

Bobby had to file some documents in person so he and Brian met one afternoon at the courthouse. Bill and Hunter decided to go along too. Bill had colleagues in Family Court and the court appointed counselors all had offices nearby. Karen, the same counselor that assisted Brian's sister and her boys, was in the neighborhood too. Bill thought it would be a good idea to introduce her to Hunter. Karen had a lot of experience and would be a great resource for Hunter. Hunter's background would be invaluable to Karen as well. The fact that Hunter was still very young looking didn't hurt. Karen and Bill knew that street kids would more easily trust Hunter than other adults.

Bobby and Brian had just finished signing the last documents making the Jason Kemp Clinic a reality. They were so happy and pleased with themselves that they were practically skipping out of the building. They were going to meet up with Bill and Hunter for a congratulatory lunch. Bobby and Brian hugged warmly and exchanged a chaste kiss. Brian's dream was closer to becoming real. Melanie Marcus, attorney at law and very self righteous bitch, saw the innocent encounter and did what she did best, jumped to all the wrong conclusions. She stomped up the courthouse steps with blood in her eyes and vengeance in her heart.

"How could you?" Melanie spat out and then slapped Brian across his face. "I swear, Kinney, I will somehow make sure you never see Gus again. And you...," Mel pointed at Bobby, "you should be ashamed of yourself. You call yourself a lawyer." Without waiting for any explanation, hurricane Melanie, blew away.

"Shit, Brian! Are you okay?" Hunter and Bill had just arrived to see Melanie pop Brian. Brian, rubbing the side of his face, mumbled that he was okay.

"Brian, I think it's time we tell the family what's going on. You can't keep taking the brunt of the fallout," Hunter said. Hunter and Ben had met shortly after Brian's encounter with his father. Ben admitted to Hunter what he had thought, and now he was so proud of Hunter for taking on this task. But Hunter didn't realize how bad the rumors had gotten and their toll on Brian.

"What fallout? Brian, what is Hunter talking about?" Since Bobby did the majority of his work and research from Harrisburg, he had no idea what was happening in Pittsburgh.

"Come on; let's go find a place for lunch. I think I need a drink." Brian's cheek was still smarting and he preferred not to have this conversation on the courthouse steps. His crack about needing a drink garnered annoyed and concerned looks from the men in his company. Brian shrugged, "It's purely for medicinal purposes." The looks didn't go away. "Fine, iced tea then." Brian held up his hands in defeat then strode away leaving three men sprinting to catch up.

*****

"John, come take a look at this."

"What is it, Gordon?"

"Come and look." Gordon, John's long time friend and trusted foreman had decided to take a break from the bathhouse renovations to sneak a peek into the theater. Gordon shared John's enthusiasm for classic architecture. They were both exploring the dilapidated building when they made a wonderful discovery. Following Gordon's flashlight beam, John looked up at the ceiling of the old theater.

"John, do you see it? There, under those old drapes and banners."

"Damn, they didn't rip them down. It's like stepping back in time."

"Can you imagine how opulent this theater must have been back in its heyday? I hope we can do it justice."

"Look at that, it's all gold leafed. Gordon, we're going to need artisans as well as a specialized work crew."

"Didn't your brother-in-law graduate from PIFA?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"I bet you can get restorers and artisans there. And for a project like this they'd work for next to nothing, not that money is an issue. Hell, just to get my hands on that chandelier I'd pay you!" John and Gordon laughed then started to sneeze. The place needed a good airing and protective equipment before any work could be done.

"Gord, these old buildings..."

"Yeah, I know, I'll call haz-mat." John and Gordon locked up the old building.

*****

Brian arrived at the cottage in the middle of the afternoon. "Justin," he called as he came through the door.

"Out here," Justin responded from the sun porch.

Brian found him standing in front of an empty canvas staring at it. "Painter's block?" he asked.

"Yeah," Justin said still staring at the canvas. "You're home early." He turned to kiss Brian and a little gasp escaped his throat.

"Brian, what happened to your face?" he asked as he gently touched the red area on one cheek. Brian winced.

"An angry encounter with a pissed off lesbian."

"Melanie?"

"How did you guess?"

"What the fuck is her problem?"

"She saw me give Bobby a kiss outside the government building where we signed some papers. She jumped to the usual conclusion that I'm a no good two timing son of a bitch and slapped me across the face."

"I'm going to knock her senseless the nest time I see her. How dare she…?"

"Easy, Sunshine, I'd pay money to see that, but I'm afraid she'd kick your ass."

"No, she wouldn't, not when I'm defending my man."

"You are so sweet," Brian cooed pulling Justin against him and kissing the sweet lips.

"Does it hurt much?" Justin asked when Brian released him.

"Only when I breathe."

"Ah, poor baby. Come with me and I'll try to take your mind off it," Justin proposed.

"Okay," Brian agreed allowing Justin to take his hand and lead him over to the big brass bed. "Bree?" he asked as Justin began removing his clothes.

"I put her down about fifteen minutes ago. We should have lots of time before she wakes up."

Justin removed each piece of clothing kissing the skin beneath. He alternated that with kisses to Brian's bruised cheek, soft butterfly kisses that barely touched the surface but somehow seemed to draw all the heat from the tender spot on Brian's face. When Justin was finished with Brian's clothes he gently pushed his husband back onto the bed and proceeded to slowly remove his own clothing, leaning in for long sensuous kisses or brushing his lips over Brian's cheek.

By the time Justin was naked Brian was panting with desire and the short gulping breaths didn't hurt his cheek at all. The only pain he felt was in his groin, and it was a very pleasant ache … for his straining cock to be so far up Justin's glorious ass that they could never be separated.

Justin lay down beside his husband and cupped his face in his hands. "My big brave warrior," Justin whispered. "I love you so much and I'm so proud of you."

"Why are you proud? Because I took a beating and kept on ticking?"

Justin chuckled. "Ever the ad man." He threw his leg over Brian's body and sat on his husband's groin. Brian let out a groan as he felt Justin's weight and his cock seemed to laser in on Justin's hole temptingly out of reach.

"Let me fuck you," Brian whispered as he bit into the tender skin of Justin's neck. "I want you … bad."

"I know and I want you right back."

Justin rose up allowing Brian to position his cock beneath Justin's ass. Slowly Justin lowered himself taking each glorious inch of Brian's dick until he sat back down on Brian's groin. Brian looked up at his lover with eyes dark with lust.

"I should come home early more often," he smirked.

"I may never let you leave," Justin grinned. He relished the heat and fullness of Brian inside him. He knew he'd have to start moving soon, but for now their joining was perfect.

"You'd get sick of me," Brian groaned trying not to buck his hips up. He wanted to drive his dick farther and farther into his lover until the heat and tightness took over and he forgot all the hurt from earlier in the day.

"I'll never get sick of you. I want you all day every day."

Brian smiled as he felt Justin rise up and clench his ass around Brian's cock to keep it from falling out. "If those fucking rumor mongers could see us now, they'd know how ridiculous their accusations are."

Justin began moving faster up and down. "Maybe we should make a tape and send them each a copy," Justin giggled as he felt the warmth spread through his body. He loved Brian's dick and where it was at the moment was exactly right.

"Show the wannabes how to do it right, and the rest can just drool over how beautiful you are," Brian said as he raised his head and Justin leaned down to kiss him.

"How beautiful we are, and together we are better than ever."

Justin's motions became faster as he bounced above Brian. Brian drove his hips up to meet each downward movement of his husband. Their rhythm was impeccable and they knew all the angles and motions and tightenings and thrusts to get each other off.

"Close," Justin gasped.

"Yeah."

Justin sat down with a thump and Brian shot his wad up the tight channel of his lover's ass. "Aaaahhh!" he gasped as he felt Justin come and then collapse against his chest. His arms went around his husband cradling him against his body as the last tinglings of orgasm swept through them.

Some moments later Justin shifted feeling Brian's dick fall away. He always felt so open and exposed after their coupling. That was when he needed Brian's arms around him and that is exactly what Brian did, pulling some sheets over them before snuggling close to Justin. They both dozed off having made the world a little better for each other.

A ringing phone woke them about a half hour later.

Brian picked up the phone on the table by the bed. "What?" he barked into the receiver.

"Dad?"

"Gus, I'm sorry. I didn't look at the caller ID."

"Dad, can you do something about momma?"

"What's Melanie done?" Brian asked although he feared he already knew the answer to that question.

"She says I'm not to see you, that she's going to try to get some sort of restraining order. She can't do that, can she?"

"What the fuck? I don't know, Gus. What does Lindsay say about this?"

"They're fighting. I don't know what's going to happen."

"Hang tough, Gus. I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks, Dad, and please hurry."

Brian set down the phone. "Fucking Hell!"

"What now?"

"Melanie has told Gus he's not to see me and she's going to get a restraining order."

"She can't do that, can she?"

"How the fuck should I know? She's the legal mastermind."

"Call Bobby," Justin said as Bree started to make wake up noises on the intercom. "I'll go get our daughter."

By the time Justin returned with a newly diapered little girl Brian was hanging up the phone from talking to Bobby.

"What did Bobby say?" Justin asked as he handed the little girl to her father.

"He says he doesn't see what grounds Melanie could use for a restraining order, but that she is devious enough to come up with something. We have to wait and see what reasons she uses."

"I can't believe she would do that to you."

"She's always hated me."

"But I thought things were so much better."

"Until she finds an excuse to start hating me all over again."

Justin shook his head as he watched Brian tickling Briana's tummy. How could anyone keep Brian away from his kids? He loved them so much.

"You know," Justin said thoughtfully. "You were keeping the clinic quiet until all the papers were signed and everything was in place. It pretty well is."

"So what are you saying … that we tell them?"

"Why not? It will stop all this rumor and innuendo."

"Not by half. They're always looking for some way to put me in my place. But it would cut the legs out from beneath some of the worst gossipers."

"Yeah, like Michael and Melanie."

"Then I'll have to answer all those questions about why I'm doing this and how much money do I actually have…"

"Fuck them. You don't have to answer anything you don't want to."

"I think that's what got me into this mess in the first place," Brian griped.

"Well, I don't know about you but I've had enough of this fucking shit. I'm putting a stop to it."

"And just how are you planning to do that?"

"I'm sending an ultimatum to our family and friends."

"An ultimatum?" Brian chuckled although there was little humor in his laugh.

"An ultimatum. I'll start calling after dinner."

"I love the powerful assertive Justin Taylor, but how do you plan to get them here? What makes you think they'll listen to your ultimatum?"

"I'm going to tell them that if they ever considered themselves to be my friend they will be here Saturday afternoon. I'll say that if they don't come they will be persona non grata as far as I'm concerned. And then I'll end the call by saying that you and I have a major announcement to make."

"They'll think you're announcing that you're kicking me out. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes, I do," Justin grinned. "All the more reason why they'll want to come."

"You are a devious man, Justin Taylor."

"How do you think I got you?" Justin laughed.

"I should have known I was no match for you when you conned me into letting you stay that first night." Brian laughed right along with his husband.

He stood up and they hugged each other with Bree trapped between them. She giggled in delight liking this much better than the serious conversation they had been having before.

"Let's go start dinner," Justin said his head full of all the machinations he would pull on Saturday.

"I hear the wheels turning," Brian said.

"I'm going to rip a few new ones. There are some people who have been picking on you … and me for far too long. It's time they saw the error of their way."

"I'm glad I'll have a ringside seat to this extravaganza."

"You'll have the place of honor, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the entertainment."

"I know I will," Brian laughed. He could hardly wait. Most of their friends had no idea just how smart Justin was and what a bulldog he could be when he felt he or the family had been wronged. They were going to get an earful and Brian was determined to enjoy every minute of it. They would turn on him again soon enough.