- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know it sounds cliche, but truly RL has been a real PIA lately, not so much for me, but for so many that I love and care for. I apologize that it has taken so long to continue this story, but I needed to be doing what I could.

I hope you enjoy the next chapter - that shows what could happen when the two people with the strongest feelings regarding our boys...one misplaced desire and hero worship, the other equally misplaced irritation and hard feelings...overhear  a most unexpected moment  with the power of epiphany for each of them? Mel and Michael have been the most vocal about their belief that Brian Kinney will always be the super stud, love ‘em and leave em', self-centered pleasure-only seeker., but they may have to eat those words, and at long last begin to see him  in a whole new light.

 

 

 

 

A little later that night, Brian and Justin were in the kitchen finishing up the dishes when the doorbell rang. Mel was there to drop off JR for her Sunday with her dad.

 

Brian and Justin said their hellos and excused themselves so Mel and the two dads could talk in private about the details of the visit, as well as some visitation plans for the future.

 

About an hour later, JR having long since fallen asleep, Mikey and Mel carried their daughter and her things upstairs to unpack and get her tucked into bed in her bedroom at the end of the hall next to the master bedroom. Mel put her things away in her dresser, as Michael got her into her pajamas and under the covers, where they all shared a bedtime story together.

 

As they opened her door to make their way back downstairs, they couldn't help overhearing Brian and Justin talking in the guest room.

 

Figuring they would wait until the boys either went back downstairs or got settled for the night themselves and so would not notice them go past and realize that they were listening, they waited out of sight, trying unsuccessfully not to listen in on their private conversation.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

"I ran over to the loft this afternoon to talk with the contractors. They should be done by tomorrow afternoon, and then we can go home and fuck as long as we like, as loud as we like, as often as we like.  I really appreciate the guys letting us stay here, but I can't wait to tie you up and keep us both on edge for hours, then sink my cock into your sweet little ass  hard and fast, and listen to you scream my name as we both cum so hard that we almost pass out. Fuck, I'm hard just thinking about it. I'm tired of having to hold back."

 

Justin smirked at his lover impishly, teasing him by saying, ‘think you can still keep it up that long, old man? I wouldn't want to overtax you." His face lit up with that signature smile, and Brian couldn't resist leaning in for a kiss that began so gently, and then quickly became more passionate and intense.

 

"Oh, never fear, you've never worn me out yet, twat, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Now hand me my mail. I picked it up when I was at home earlier."

 

Justin began handing the mail to Brian, one piece at a time, while placing his own in a pile before him. He froze as he looked at one particular letter, making Brian raise his eyebrow with a questioning look. "What is it, Sunshine?" Brian asked, suddenly concerned.

 

"Oh, just my results from the clinic. I know how careful we always are, but it still makes me nervous every time I open the letter they send. I guess if it was bad news they would have called instead. Still, I hate opening them."

 

"So, hand it over, I'll open it for you," Brian said with a mischievous grin. He tore open the envelope,  and his grin spread until it rivaled Justin's brightest Sunshine smile.

 

"What are you up to, Brian? You look like the cat that swallowed the canary. What does it say?"

 

"It says the same thing that mine said last week. Absolutely, positively, negative...ta da...nothing but good news, Sunshine." His gaze turned into a look of such passion and lust that Justin could feel his face redden as the blush crept up little by little.

 

"Do you know what this means, Justin?" Brian looked at his lover with darkened eyes, almost unable to keep himself from grabbing his young lover and putting his thoughts into action right here in the guest room of his best friend's house.

 

"Don't tease, Brian. It's not funny. You know we can't do that. "

 

"Oh, and why is that, huh? My little envelope came just last week, and with the very same results."

 

"I know, Brian, but that doesn't mean..." Justin couldn't finish. He turned his face away to hide what he was sure was written all over his face. He wanted nothing more than to be enough for Brian, to be the only one he wanted...the only one he needed. There was no point in fooling himself, however. Things between them were better than ever, they were closer than he could ever have hoped for. Beyond that, Brian was willing to open up to him and tell him how he felt, even if it was only when they were alone. Still, he held no illusions that Brian would ever be content to be with just one man.

 

Brian gently cupped his cheek in his hand, and pulled his face around to look into his eyes. "Don't, Brian," Justin sighed. "Please don't make me yearn for things I can never have. It's not fair..."

 

Brian stopped him, running his thumb ever so gently over his lips as he said, "Justin, I would never do that. What I'm trying to tell you, you little shit, is that I haven't been with anyone but you since before the last time we got tested. What's the point? No one can hold a candle to you, Sunshine, and being with anyone else only makes me want you more. In fact, the last few tricks I had left me so horny for you that I couldn't get home quick enough."

 

Justin stilled completely, his mouth hanging open in shocked silence. Could it be possible? Could he allow himself to assume he was hearing what he thought his lover might be saying. "What are you trying to say, Brian? I need to hear the words."

 

Brian lowered his eyes directly at the floor. He had done much soul searching in the time since he and the man who now owned his heart had parted ways, and then found their way back to each other, and he now knew without a doubt that if he continued to hide behind the walls he had built up around his heart for so many years, he would always be in danger of losing him again.

 

Still, all this talking about emotions and feelings that until recently he didn't even acknowledge he was capable of left him exposed and vulnerable in a way he knew he would never be completely comfortable with. He continued to stare at a knot in the hardwood floor as he spoke. "Only you, Justin. I'm ready for it to be only you.  Why would I need anyone else? Everything I never knew I wanted, I have found I you."  He looked up sheepishly, tongue in cheek, as he went on..."and one day soon, when you trust me enough, I want nothing more than for it to truly be just you and me, with nothing to separate us. It will be the first time for both of us, Sunshine. I want to share that with you."

 

 

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

 

 

As they heard Brian say, ‘Only you, Justin',  Michael and Melanie both began to smirk and roll their eyes, looking at each other with mutual amusement and disregard.

 

Why would I need anyone else?'.  The two in the hall simultaneously attempted to squelch the laughter that threatened to disclose their eavesdropping.

 

"Oh, brother." Michael whispered. "He's really pouring it on thick. It's not like he has to make false promises to get the kid in the sack. What the hell is he thinking?"

 

You could have heard a pin drop, however, as the longtime friends heard the rest of what Brian had to say.  Could this be true? Could Brian really have grown up right before their eyes without either of them noticing?

 

They both knew the pain Brian had hidden so often, pain that was often caused by Justin actions, the pain that made him turn even more than usual to his usual tonics of sex, Jim Beam, drugs, and more sex.  They also knew that Brian loved the blonde beyond question. No one else had ever hurt Brian because he had never allowed himself to feel the love he now seemed to be offering so freely. Most important, no one else had ever made him even consider monogamy.

 

One by one, Brian had broken each and every one of his rules, by his own choice. So why was it so hard to believe that he would now break the only one that remained, the one that none of them could have seen coming, the one that was so close to home for Mikey and Ben, and always would be.

 

Mikey wondered to himself how he could have possibly missed his best friend not only become involved in a real relationship with the twink who wouldn't go away, but now could be standing here listening to him offering himself to the blonde heart and soul, not to mention naked dick?

 

Melanie, at the same time, was lost in thought, pondering how long it had been since Brian had changed from the selfish asshole she loved to hate, into a committed, loving grown-up, capable of the tenderness she had just heard from him, pouring his heart out to the man he loves. He was no longer any threat to her and Linds. Whether or not they made it now, it was up to them. They had no one to blame but themselves. How had that happened? Brian ‘Fucking' Kinney is in a relationship, and it is probably stronger than her own.

 

Suddenly, tears began to flow silently down Michael's cheeks. Melanie put her arm around him in comfort, knowing that for Mikey and Ben, they could never have the kind of closeness they had just heard Brian talk about with Justin.

 

"Are you crying because you and Ben will never be able to experience doing it raw, with no barriers between you?" Melanie asked in understanding. "No," Michael responded, "I am crying because I am so happy that after all this time, my best friend has found that he can."

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

TBC

 

Next... Lindsay and Emmett - the divas - the ‘ladies'.  Will what they hear turn everything they thought they knew...upside down?