- Text Size +

 

Druid


Chapter 5




Justin had been staring at the empty page of his sketchbook for God knew how long. He couldn't make his hand draw anything. All he could do was picture the cold, remote face of the man he thought he loved. The words telling him to go away, get the fuck out, kept ringing in his ears. He had fought back tears several times. He swore he wouldn't cry anymore. He had done enough of that over the last couple of days.

Suddenly he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Brian was here. He turned his head to see the tall man standing a little ways away staring at him.

"May I approach, sire?" Brian asked formally bowing.

Justin giggled in spite of himself. "You may, serf."

"I'm very sorry to have caused your highness distress. I beg your forgiveness."

"Not so fast, underling. You have committed a grave sin against me. I do not forgive so easily."

"I throw myself on your tender mercies."

"Hm, I bet you'd like to throw yourself on some other parts of me," Justin chuckled. He couldn't believe they were teasing each other, but it was sure better than what had happened the last time they had been together.

"Why, sire, you have a nasty little mind," Brian said with a smirk. "And I love it."

"Don't be presumptuous, serf," Justin ordered. "I'm not sure I should even acknowledge your presence after the way you treated me."

"Forgive me, sire," Brian replied and made the statement in his most sincere voice. He really did want to be forgiven.

"Since you are a rather tasty tidbit, I'll think about it."

Brian stared into Justin's eyes. "Justin, I really am sorry, but when I saw that look on your face, I knew you loathed me and I couldn't stand it. I just wanted you to go away."

"I admit that was about the last thing I thought you would tell me, but you never gave me a moment to think about it or come to terms with the whole idea."

"And have you come to terms with it?" Brian asked hopefully.

"Not completely." Justin saw Brian's face fall. "But I'm working on it. You need to know that it hurt me more how cold and remote you became. I couldn't bear seeing you like that."

"We have a lot to sort out," Brian said, "if you're willing to give it a try."

Justin nodded. "I am."

"I have to go to Dublin for a couple of days. Would you come with me?"

Justin stared at Brian weighing his options. "Only if you promise to tell me the whole story about how you ended up at the Quoin. Don't shut me out, Brian."

"I'll do my best, sire." Justin chuckled, only to find himself in Brian's arms, a searing kiss planted on his lips.



-----



They arrived in Dublin the afternoon of the next day. Brian had picked up Justin at Pats and had received a lecture about the care and treatment of sensitive cousins. He promised to be kind and gentle. Pats snorted at him, and said she'd have his balls for breakfast if he made Justin that miserable again.

Justin had a change of clothing and his sketchbook stuffed into his backpack which he could wear on the bike. Brian had his clothes taking up all the space in the saddlebags of the motorcycle. Justin shook his head as he looked at all the stuff Brian had crammed in there.

They made good time going up through Kilkenny where they stopped for lunch. Brian told Justin all about how he came to the Quoin as a twelve year old. He could tell Justin was shocked at how young he had been and how long he had been a hustler. When he told Justin about the abuse from his father it all seemed to make more sense to the young man. He couldn't believe any parent would treat their child like that and told Brian so.

Brian shrugged. It was all he had ever known, and then the Quoin. Nobody had ever heard the full story before. Not even Quinn knew about his parents. Brian had told him they were killed and he was an orphan.

"Don't you wonder about them?" Justin had asked.

"No," Brian replied truthfully. "I don't. They ceased to exist for me that night outside the pub."

"That's one hell of a story, Brian, but it explains a lot."

"Does it?" Brian asked looking into Justin's eyes.

Justin took his right hand and shoved the bracelet up a bit to reveal the triskele tattoo. "I see now why you have divided your life into three parts."

"And I'm currently trying to figure out the third part," Brian said with a strange look on his face.

Justin looked back at this handsome troubled man. He wanted to say that he hoped he would be part of the third segment of Brian's life, but he wasn't sure Brian was ready for such a declaration, even if he was. He decided he better take it slow and keep that to himself for now.

They left Kilkenny with Justin knowing a lot more about Brian. Brian decided that before this trip was over he needed to find out much more about Justin Taylor.

When they arrived on the outskirts of Dublin, Brian pulled over to the shoulder and called Brendan on his cell phone. He needed instructions to get to his house. Justin hadn't been aware that they would be staying at someone's house. He wondered who Brendan was.

As soon as Brian finished the call Justin asked him, "Who is Brendan?"

Brian had thought about how he should answer that question. "Brendan is an old friend. I've known him for fifteen years. He was my first client at the Quoin." Brian hoped he had got that last part in without scaring Justin off.

He turned to look at his blond who still sat on the bike behind him. The look on Justin's face shocked him. Justin slid off the bike and walked away.

Brian followed him. "Justin?" he said tentatively. Had he screwed everything up again?

"Will you be fucking him while we're here?" Justin asked coldly.

"No! No … Justin, please. It's not like that. Let me explain."

"So explain," Justin said turning to face him.

"Brendan was my first customer and has been my client many times over the years. He owns an ad agency here in Dublin. We used to talk a lot and he got me interested in advertising. I've taken hundreds of courses over the internet, most of them marketing related thanks to Brendan. I haven't seen him for over two years. I just found out that he had a heart attack and he's not very well. He called me a few days ago and said he wanted to talk to me about something. I don't know what he wants but it may have to do with a job … in advertising."

"Brian, that would be wonderful," Justin told him with a smile.

"I know. I was so surprised when I heard from him. He wouldn't tell me why he wanted to see me, but I think it might be a job. I wouldn't have brought you if I thought he wanted me to fuck him. He really is my friend."

"I understand, Brian. Does he know that I'm coming?"

"I told him I wanted to bring a friend," Brian said with a sheepish grin. "I hoped you'd come with me."

"What about sleeping arrangements?" Justin had to ask.

"I told him to plan on separate rooms for each of us, because I wasn't sure."

"I'm glad you did that. I think we should have separate rooms until we get to know each other better."

Justin could see Brian's face fall. "If that's what you want …" he said.

"It's what I want for now," Justin declared.

They got back on the bike and made their way into Dublin and to Brendan's house which was in a very upscale part of the city. Finally Brian pulled up in front of a white Georgian style townhome.

"Wow!" Justin said as he climbed off the bike.

"It's quite a place," Brian admitted looking around.

"Have you been here before?"

Brian shook his head. "I knew Brendan was well off, but I guess I never expected this."

The door to the townhouse opened and a middle aged woman stepped out onto the porch at the top of the steps. "Are you Brian Kinney?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Mr. Reilly asked me to show you in as soon as you arrived. If you have bags or clothes I'll look after them," she stated.

Justin took off his backpack and Brian pulled his clothes from the saddlebags. He looked at the wrinkled pile in dismay.

"I'll see that they are pressed and placed in your room, Mr. Kinney," she said with a smile.

"Thank you."

"I'll take your bag as well, Mr. …?"

"Justin Taylor," Justin replied.

"Please come in," she said.

They stepped into a large foyer with the mandatory heavily carved table and large urn of flowers.

"Mr. Reilly is in the library, this way."

They followed her to a door which she opened and then stood back for them to enter. Brian went in first. A wingback chair was angled towards a fireplace where a crackling fire burned.

"Brendan?" Brian asked heading towards the chair.

A hand reached out and grasped Brian's arm as he neared the chair.

Brian stopped and Justin heard a voice whisper, "Brian, my boy, I'm so glad you agreed to come."

Justin watched as Brian dropped to his knees and clasped the small body in his arms. "Brendan, oh Brendan, I'm so happy to see you again." Justin wished he could disappear. The intimacy of that gesture made him want to weep. He felt like an outsider, an intruder on their reunion.

Finally they released each other and Brian stood up. "Brendan, I'd like you to meet someone. Justin." Brian held out his hand and Justin moved forward to take it. "Brendan, this is Justin Taylor," Brian said with what Justin could only describe as pride. He felt like his heart would burst with joy at this recognition from Brian.

"Hello, Justin," Brendan said holding out his hand. Justin shook it carefully. The man seemed so frail. "I'm so pleased Brian has found you." Brian and Justin looked at each other and then blushed at Brendan's assumption that they were a couple. Brendan noted the look. "Don't feel uncomfortable. I can see that you belong together. Call it an old man's intuition, but you're the one," he said looking at Justin. "I always wanted my lad here to find the right one, but he never seemed to find anyone."

Brian looked like he wanted to sink into the floor.

"We just have to convince him of that," Justin said with a little laugh.

Brendan chuckled and squeezed Justin's hand which he had yet to release. "I like him, Brian. Don't let him get away," Brendan said.

Brian snorted. "There are no chains keeping him here."

"Maybe there should be, if you were wise," Brendan said giving Brian a knowing look. "I suppose I have embarrassed the two of you enough. Dinner will be served in about an hour. If you would like to go up to your rooms and freshen up and join me for the evening meal, I would be ever so pleased."

"Thank you," they both said.

"Mrs. Hopkins will show you to your rooms. See you in an hour."

They left Brendan by the fire and Mrs. Hopkins led them up to their rooms. They each had a large comfortable room furnished with antiques, but warm and inviting nonetheless.

Justin was about to take a shower when he heard a tap on his door. He opened it to be swept into Brian's arms and kissed heartily.

"What was that for?" Justin asked when he was able to breathe again.

"Brendan's right," Brian said. "I don't want you to get away."

"I'm not going anywhere … at the moment," Justin added as an afterthought, not wanting Brian to feel too secure.

"Are you okay with staying here? You like Brendan all right, don't you?" Brian asked, a look of concern on his face.

"Has he always been so frail?" Justin asked.

"No," Brian said with a grimace. "He really looks ill. I would hardly have recognized him in a crowd. He's lost weight and he seems … old."

"I'm sorry it wasn't a happier reunion for you," Justin said rubbing his palm up and down Brian's arm in a comforting fashion.

"I'm really glad to see him before … something happens."

"Yeah," Justin said. "I was just going to have a shower."

"I could join you," Brian suggested hopefully.

Justin shook his head. "Go have your own shower. I need to think."

"About what?"

"I'll tell you when I figure it out."

Brian gave him a look, but turned and went back to his own room.

Dinner was a congenial affair. Brendan told them stories of people he had known. He was a very charming and entertaining host even in his weakened state. Justin thought he must have been quite dashing when he was younger.

Brian and Justin had quite a bit of wine, but Brendan picked at his food eating and drinking little of anything. When the coffee was served at the end, Brendan looked at them and said, "I highly recommend you two head out to Primavera as soon as dinner is over."

"What's Primavera?" Justin asked.

"It used to be my favorite dance club, and I think it's still going strong." Brian and Justin looked at each other. "It's not an old fogy's place," Brendan said with a laugh. "Trust me."

"If you say so …" Brian agreed.

"I do. Justin," Brendan said turning to the young man, "do you think you could entertain yourself tomorrow in Dublin. I want to talk some business with Brian."

"Sure," Justin agreed.

"There's a bus stop at the end of the street."

"Great."

"Any idea what you might want to do?" Brendan asked.

"I'd like to go see the Book of Kells."

"Good choice. Mrs. Hopkins can tell you which bus to take. You can take a bus to the club or call a taxi," Brendan suggested.

"We'll call a cab," Brian stated.

With that, dinner was over. Mrs. Hopkins came in to help Brendan back to the fire and Brian and Justin went up to their rooms to get ready to go clubbing. Neither of them was sure about going to a club recommended by someone who was … old. But they didn't want to insult Brendan, so they would go and see what it was like.

To their surprise they had quite a good time. It was a pretty cool place and the music was good to dance to. Brian wasn't much into the club scene and Justin still didn't like crowds. However, once they were on the dance floor in close contact with each other, it was like they were the only ones who existed. Everyone else faded away as they stared into each other's eyes and swayed or bumped to the music. By midnight they were both a little tired and a little drunk.

They caught a cab outside the club and were soon back at Brendan's. They had been given a key by Mrs. Hopkins before she left the house for the day. All was in darkness as they made their way to their rooms. They assumed Brendan had long since retired.

When they reached Justin's door, Brian leaned into him and found his mouth in a kiss. "I had a good time dancing with you tonight," Brian said.

"Me too," Justin whispered.

"So, I guess this is good night." Brian turned to go to his own room.

"Brian," Justin said, "come in. I want you."

The huskiness in Justin's voice went straight to Brian's groin. He captured his blond's mouth in a deep luscious kiss. "Open the door," Brian ordered and they more or less fell into the room, clothes disappearing as they went. Somehow they were in the bed and Brian entered Justin with great dispatch. They rode the waves of pleasure they found in each other until they were ready to explode. With a final thrust they did.

A bit later they lay side by side basking in the proverbial afterglow. Justin's hand sought Brian's and linked his fingers into the older man's.

"Why did you ask me to come in here tonight? I thought you wanted to sort some things out first," Brian said.

"That's what I was thinking about in the shower earlier."

"You were."

Justin nodded. "I love you, Brian. I'm completely sure of that. I pictured my life without you while I was in the shower. I didn't like that picture much at all."

"I can't imagine going back to being … lonely … without you either."

"Good, then we're on the same page."

"Does that mean we'll live happily ever after?" Brian asked.

Justin giggled. "There's no such thing as happily ever after."

"God, you're such a cynic for someone so young."

"I told you I'm an old soul. I know that I belong with you, Brian. I don't think it's going to be an easy relationship, but it's exactly where I want to be. That's why I invited you in here tonight. What's the point of wasting time?"

"You're a smart old coot," Brian teased.

Justin leaned over and kissed him. He was ready for round two.



-----



They woke late the next morning having spent the majority of the night fucking and sucking and all kinds of other good stuff.

"Good morning, gorgeous," Justin said as he saw Brian's eyes open.

"How long have you been awake?" Brian asked groggily.

"Just a few minutes."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I did. I stared at you until your eyes opened."

"There are more efficient ways of waking a person," Brian teased.

"Like this?" Justin asked as his hand grasped Brian's morning wood.

"Just like that," Brian grinned returning the favor.

They fondled and stroked and kissed until they were both panting and craving release. Reciprocal blowjobs finally finished them off and they lay back each lost in their own thoughts.

"I love you," Justin said suddenly.

"I … I'm not sure how to respond to that, Justin," Brian said uncertainly. "This is all new for me. I'm glad you feel that way. I think I do too but I don't really know anything about love."

"Tell me what you feel about me."

"In words?"

"Yes, in words. How else would you tell me?"

"I thought I just did a few minutes ago," Brian said referring to their fucking or love making or whatever it was.

"Don't you do that with other people?" Justin asked. He saw the look on Brian's face that said he didn't like that question at all.

"It's different with you," Brian stated.

"How?"

"I don't know. It just is."

"Please try to tell me. I need to know."

"When I do that with clients it's work. It's what I'm hired to do. I like it and I certainly get satisfaction from it, and so do my clients. But … when I'm with you we're together, just us. We act and feel as one. I like to touch you and hold you and kiss you. You make me feel very … special. I like that feeling."

Justin's smile put the sun to shame. "That's called love, Brian. That's the special feeling we have between us."

"Is that so?" Brian smiled pleased that his answer was what Justin wanted to hear and also what he really felt. He was surprised that he could get that out, but it seemed he could do anything when he was with his blond.

Justin looked at him with what Brian was sure was love written all over his face. They had had a great night together, except for one moment. Brian blinked and looked away from Justin's face. Justin had asked to fuck him again and he had refused. He knew Justin was upset, but he had given him the blowjob to end all blowjobs and they had not discussed that topic again. Brian knew he was going to have to deal with it sooner or later. He shook his head.

"It's time to get up," Justin said. "Brendan wants to talk to you and I'm off to see the Book of Kells."

"You don't mind, do you, being sent away for the day?"

"Not at all, and I hope it goes well with Brendan. I could get used to dating an ad exec."

"Could you now?"

Justin nodded and grinned. "Come to the shower, Mr. Executive. I think we have time for a little more loving before I go."

"I'm hot on your heels," Brian grinned getting up.

"You could stop at hot," Justin teased and ran to the bathroom, Brian right behind him.

Mrs. Hopkins had some brunch ready for them. Brendan was still resting in bed. She told them he often had breakfast there and then came down to the library later in the morning. He'd meet with Brian there when they had finished eating. She told Justin what buses to take to get to Trinity College and Justin left soon after.

Brian finished up his coffee and walked over to the library. He could see Brendan in his chair beside the fire. It was quite a warm day, but the man seemed to need the warmth of the fire all the time. Brian wished he could do something to help him. He shook his head and knocked gently on the door to let Brendan know he was there.

"Brian, come in," Brendan said. "Join me." He indicated a chair on the other side of the fireplace.

Brian took a deep breath and sat down. He hoped he wasn't reading the situation wrong. He really wanted this option. He would love to work in advertising. For years he had shown Brendan the proposals he had drawn up for his courses. At first Brendan had critiqued them mercilessly, but kindly as well. He always pointed out the good things as well as the bad. Brian learned a lot from those impromptu marketing lessons in between their fucks. Gradually Brendan had had less and less negative to say about Brian's work. In fact he had told Brian to take some of his proposals to the companies he was designing the ads about because they were better than anything out there.

Brian had never done that, but he had appreciated Brendan's faith in him. He hoped he was good enough to work in advertising and earn a living from that. He was beginning to realize that he wanted a fresh start on this third leg of his life, and he wanted it to include advertising and Justin.

"Do you have any idea why I asked you to come see me?" Brendan asked.

Brian shook his head. He'd wait to hear what Brendan had to say. He prayed he wouldn't be disappointed.