- Text Size +

 

Druid


Chapter 6


Overall Justin had a great day out in Dublin. His plane had landed there when he arrived from the U.S., but Patricia and her husband had met him at the airport and they had immediately taken him to their home. All he had seen of Dublin was on the drive through it.

He had planned to make a trip to Dublin himself, but Brian had beat him to it with his invitation. He liked the Book of Kells but you got to see only two pages of it on any given day. The library at the college was interesting, but he was a little disappointed in both of them. However, he was still glad he had made the effort to see them.

He stopped at a pub for some lunch and then walked through the streets of Dublin looking at the shops and pubs and parks. He sat down in St. Stephen's Park and watched the people go by. After a bit he took out his sketchbook and began to draw.

Justin smiled to himself as he thought about last night. He and Brian had had a wonderful time. He knew he had made the right decision to invite Brian in. He knew in his soul that they were meant for each other even though it might not be an easy road ahead of them. He remembered the little blip that had occurred in their love making. He had asked Brian once again if he could fuck him, but Brian had refused. Justin couldn't understand Brian's reluctance to let him do that. It was like the man was holding some part of himself away from Justin, refusing to let him touch that part of him. That was one of the things they needed to sort out.

Justin wondered how Brian's talk with Brendan was going. He knew Brian was counting on Brendan offering him a job. He hoped Brian wouldn't be disappointed. He was sure Brian had decided that he wanted a new direction to his life. He wanted to get away from the Quoin, and Justin wanted that too.

There was one other big consideration. What would happen when Justin's time in Ireland was over? If Brian got a job with Brendan and Justin went back to his second year at Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Art they would have an ocean between them, in more ways than one. He let out a long breath, closed up his sketchbook and got up to go find the bus that would take him back to the townhouse.



-----



Brian paced his bedroom. He wanted to talk to Justin. He wished the young man would come back. He thought about going to look for him, but he was sure he would have left the college long ago, and he had no idea where he might have gone after that.

His talk with Brendan had not gone as he had expected. He had a lot to think about and he had no idea what to do. He needed to talk to Justin. This could change everything and he wasn't sure he wanted it to change so drastically.

Finally he heard the bell ring somewhere in the house. Maybe that was Justin. He raced down the stairs just as Mrs. Hopkins opened the door for Justin. Brian grabbed the young man by the sleeve and pulled him outside. He hauled him along the street to the small park at the end. He plunked Justin down on the only bench there and said, "We need to talk."

"What happened?" Justin asked worried by Brian's actions and the look on his face.

Brian paced back and forth in front of Justin, but he said nothing. Justin was about ready to crawl out of his skin. He could see Brian thinking about what he was going to say. He just wished the man would say it.

"Brian, for God's sake, tell me what Brendan said. Did he offer you a job?"

Brian shook his head. Justin felt his heart skip a beat. They had both been counting on that to happen. No wonder Brian was so strung out. He must be wondering what the hell he was going to do with the rest of his life.

"Why did he bring you here if it wasn't to offer you a job? I'm sorry, Brian."

"Don't be sorry. He offered me the whole company."

"What?"

"He wants me to buy his company."

"Are you kidding?"

"No, that's what he said."

"But why?"

"He's really not well at all. He doesn't know how much longer he'll be around and he would like the company to continue after he's gone."

"Isn't somebody running it now?" Justin asked.

"When he had the heart attack, his top executive took over and has continued running the company ever since. About three months ago one of Brendan's oldest accounts came to him personally to complain about the way their account was being handled. Brendan was starting to feel a little better and he started looking into what was going on at his company."

"And he didn't like what he found?"

"Not one bit. This exec had been screwing things up all over the place. They had lost several accounts and the books didn't balance. Once Brendan had enough proof, he fired this guy, about a month ago. He's been trying to run things from home, but he just isn't up to it."

"What a shame," Justin said.

"It is. Brendan had a good company. He was proud of what he had achieved. He knew he was going to have to sell it and he has been looking around for a buyer. That's when Thierry Desmarais told him I was being forced to retire from the Quoin. He got in touch with me soon after."

"You should be proud that he thinks you should have his company," Justin told Brian.

"I am, but I'm not sure I can do it."

"Is it the money?"

Brian shook his head. "I've saved and invested over the years. Some of my clients gave me some great stock tips. I have almost five hundred thousand pounds that I can put my hands on. Brendan is only asking two hundred thousand for the company. That's cheap, all things considered. I think he really wants me to take it over."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I don't know if I can do it, Justin. I've only ever done advertising in lessons and as practice exercises. How do I know that I can be any good at it?"

"Brendan seems to think you can do it. Doesn't that say something to you?"

"Maybe, but he's a desperate old man if I'm truthful. Two hundred thousand is a lot to invest in something I may fail at."

"Brian you could fail at anything, but you could also succeed, and I'm betting you will succeed."

Brian smiled at him, at his words of confidence and faith. Then the smile faded and Brian looked forlorn. "I just don't know."

"Self doubt makes my dick soft," Justin said bluntly. "You're smart and creative and Brendan thinks you can do this. And so do I. You can do anything you put your mind to, Brian. I know it. This is your big chance to make a start on that third leg of your life. You'll never get another opportunity like this."

Brian stared at him. Justin squirmed wondering if he had been too blunt or cruel or inconsiderate in what he had just told Brian. He wished the man would say something. Brian drew in another deep breath. "Where will this leave us?" Brian asked.

Justin smiled. He was hoping Brian would think about him in these plans. "I don't know. Where do you want it to leave us?"

"Together."

Justin's smile grew even wider. He loved this man. "That's where I'd like to be too."

"Will it be possible if I buy the company? I'll be stuck here and you'll be going home soon."

"I could stay," Justin offered.

"You could? You would? Really?"

"If you want me to."

"I want you to," Brian said taking Justin into his arms and crushing his lips beneath his own.

Finally the kiss ended and Justin looked into Brian's eyes. "I spent most of the afternoon thinking about what would happen if you got a job from Brendan. I wondered where that would leave me. I want to show you something," Justin said. He picked up his backpack from the bench where he had dropped it when Brian sat him down there. He pulled out his sketchbook and flipped to a page. "Sit down," he said to Brian.

They sat on the bench together.

"I was trying to figure out what to do. I drew myself back at PIFA and I was sad." Justin showed Brian a sketch of himself standing in front of a building labeled PIFA. He looked sad and alone.

"What's PIFA?" Brian asked.

"It's the art school where I go in Pittsburgh, but you can see that I wouldn't be happy there." Justin flipped to the next sketch. He and Brian were in bed entwined together and they looked absolutely blissful.

"That's hot! That's … wonderful," Brian said searching for the right word.

"It's the way I want us to be … always. Then we can be happy."

Brian's arms reached around his blond and held him tight. They didn't kiss or do anything else. They just hugged each other and took warmth and strength and comfort from each other.

"But how can we have this?" Brian asked pointing to the sketch.

"I gave that a lot of thought this afternoon. They have good art schools here in Ireland. I could see if I can transfer my credits and get into one in Dublin. I really want to be with you, Brian, if that's what you want too."

"It is. But I have an even better idea. How would you like a job working in an ad agency?"

"You don't have to give me a job."

"I can see how talented you are. You could work your schedule around your schooling. You'd be doing me a favor. Brendan was telling me that one of his main artists is retiring in a week or two. There would be a position available. What do you think?"

"How do you know I can do it?" Justin asked. "I don't have any experience with this sort of thing. I don't want to screw everything up for you."

"Self doubt makes my dick soft. You can do anything you put your mind to. It will be the two of us finding our way … together. What do you say?"

Justin's smile radiated once again as he listened to his own words coming back at him. "I say that we go for it."

"And I say that you are one smart, sexy and talented young man who I … love."

Justin kissed him then, long and hard. They could both feel the effect the kiss had.

Brian moaned as they broke apart. "Let's get back to the bedroom. I have some serious thanking to do to you for helping me sort this all out."

"And I'm going to thank you right back," Justin said as he grabbed his backpack and sketchbook and they ran back to Brendan's. The front door still stood open and they ran up to their rooms hoping no one would stop them. This time they used Brian's room, going in quickly and locking the door behind them.

They tumbled onto the bed once they had managed to get out of their clothes. Brian rolled over on top of Justin. His spread his length along his blond's body rubbing against him at every point of contact. It never ceased to amaze him how they fit together. They were very different physically but they were perfect in bed. Every space between them seemed to be filled as they found continuous contact from head to toe.

"I can’t believe I've found you," Brian whispered.

"We were meant to be together."

"I never want you to go away."

"I won't."

Brian's mouth found Justin's and the kiss had them both gasping. Brian slipped on a condom and Justin spread his legs. Brian smiled down at him, noting the gesture of acceptance and love that it represented. Brian entered him slowly, making his blond pant by the time he was all the way in. His strokes were slow and regular to begin with. He rolled his hips and lifted Justin's ass to get the most depth and contact inside his blond. He had never had a lover like this. No one could match him and still ask for more. No one was so sweet and strong and kind. His thrusts became faster and more erratic as his orgasm built. He poured all of his newfound feelings into this simple act of joining. He wanted Justin to know how special he was.

They came in a blistering orgasm that left them both spent and gasping. After a few minutes Brian rolled away and disposed of the condom. He pulled Justin close and snuggled against him. He had never had someone to snuggle with, and he enjoyed this more and more, especially with his blond.

They lay like that for quite awhile soaking in the scent and feel of each other. Their hands roamed each other's body touching and sensing every part of each other.

"Brian," Justin began. He had decided they needed to get this out in the open. "Why won't you let me be the top once in a while?"

"I…I don't do that," Brian stumbled.

"But why? Tell me what happened. Or have you never tried it?"

"I did … once."

"And wasn't it good?"

Brian shook his head remembering Tomas. "I hated it. I felt used and I vowed never to feel like that again."

"Is that what you think I would do, use you?" Justin asked tears in his eyes. If Brian thought that then he didn't know his blond at all.

"No, I don't think you would use me … intentionally, but … I think that's how I would feel anyway."

"You make me feel like you don't trust me, like there's this part of you that you are keeping sealed off from me," Justin explained a tear escaping his eye and running down his cheek.

Brian thumbed it away and kissed his blond gently. "I don't mean to make you feel like that. I just don't think I can do it."

"What if you let me start and I'll stop if you tell me to, if you don't like it?"

"Is it really that important to you? Don't I satisfy you with what I do?" The worry and uncertainty in Brian's eyes almost broke Justin's heart.

"I love you beyond words and you satisfy me completely. This isn't exactly about … sex, it's about trust and understanding and being equals."

Brian stared into those beautiful blue eyes. He knew he couldn't refuse Justin anything. He nodded.

Justin's sunshine smile lit up the late afternoon gloom of the bedroom. "I love you so much," he declared kissing Brian's face.

"Be gentle," Brian requested.

That was about the last thing he had expected to hear Brian say. "I'm not out to hurt you, Brian."

"I … know."

Justin began kissing all over Brian's face and neck and shoulders and chest. He worked his way down to the stiffening cock and took it in his mouth. He felt Brian moan and arch up into his mouth. He loved this man more and more with each minute that passed and he was going to show him that.

Justin pushed Brian's legs up and out exposing his pucker. He buried his face between his legs, first sucking his balls and then licking along the skin leading to his pucker. He felt Brian moan and whimper. His tongue probed the hole forcing its way in. Brian jumped and cried out. Justin realized that Brian might be a master at rimming, but he knew he had hardly ever had the favor returned. He wanted to make Brian feel all the things that this gorgeous man made him feel.

Once Justin had made Brian's hole relax a bit with his tongue, he slid a condom on his own aching cock. He lubed it generously and used his fingers to work on Brian's pucker. He knew from personal experience that it would hurt, and he wanted to make it as easy and painless for Brian as he could. Brian was writhing and panting beneath him as he inserted a third finger. He whimpered and bucked into Justin's fingers, trying to fuck himself on them. Justin decided he was ready.

He placed his cock against Brian's well worked hole and pushed in. Brian gasped and froze. Justin waited leaning in to kiss the man and reassure him he would take it slow. Gradually he felt Brian relax and pushed in farther. The man cried out and Justin kissed him again waiting till he was ready for more. Finally Brian looked up at him and nodded. Justin thrust again and he was home joined to the hilt to the man he loved. He leaned in and kissed Brian's lips.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

Brian felt so exposed and out of control. He wanted to cry, but he refused to show that weakness to his blond. He merely nodded.

"I love you," Justin whispered.

And somehow that was exactly what Brian needed to hear. Justin loved him and he loved his blond. They were one and it was all right. In fact, it was the way it was supposed to be. Why hadn't he seen that before? He smiled up at this extraordinary creature who had come into his life and helped him to make sense of everything. He would be fine, they would be fine. In fact everything would be great. He knew that for sure.

With that thought clearly locked in his mind he bucked up into Justin signaling that his blond should continue. Justin looked at him, joy written across his beautiful face. He began to pump into Brian slowly and carefully at first. As their passion grew they pounded against each other seeking the ultimate release and fulfillment.

"I love you," Justin repeated as he felt the first tinglings of his orgasm.

"I love you too," Brian gasped.

Justin grabbed Brian's dick and stroked in time with his thrusts. They screamed each other's names as they came almost at the same moment. The room went black and then blindingly white and sparklers burst in front of their eyes. Minutes later they lay still, entwined and joined. Finally Justin pulled himself away from his lover. He felt Brian sigh at the loss and looked at the man carefully.

"Are you all right? I didn't hurt you, did I? You're not angry or upset?"

Brian opened his eyes and looked at the concern on Justin's face. "I love you. You didn't hurt me. All I felt was your love and the most amazing orgasm," Brian grinned.

Justin leaned in and kissed him. "That's exactly what I wanted you to feel. We are perfect together."

"You're perfect," Brian said softly running his hand along Justin's cheek. "I never thought I would have … this," Brian whispered. "I'm scared."

"Scared? Of what?"

"That it will all turn out to be a dream. That I'll do something to screw it up. That I don't deserve you."

"Nothing's going to happen," Justin told him. "I'm right here and that's where I'm going to stay."

Justin's hand caressed the side of Brian's face.

"We should go have a shower," Brian said, "and then I can go tell Brendan about the decision we've made."

"The decision we've made," Justin said stressing the word we and then smiling. "I like the sound of that."



THREE MONTHS LATER

Brian and Justin pulled the Renault into the parking space in front of The Fiddle and Firkin near Cork. Brian turned off the engine and they sat looking at the pub.

"I hope everyone's here," Justin said.

"Yeah," Brian agreed. "I wish Brendan could have been here."

"It's strange how quickly he went, after you bought the company. He helped us a lot the first month, but once we got on our feet he kind of faded away and then died so suddenly."

"His heart wouldn't take any more. He was beyond generous leaving us his town house. I never expected anything like that," Brian said shaking his head.

"He told me one day that despite your physical relationship he felt like you were his son. That was how he thought of you especially after he got sick."

"He was a special person. He'd be proud that we've won back a couple of his old clients and that the company seems to be heading in the right direction."

"He'd be very proud of you," Justin told Brian.

"Proud of both of us. I miss him."

"I do too."

"Too bad your family doesn't approve of you staying over here with me."

"My father never approves of anything I do since I told him I was gay. I think he's glad I'm staying here, then he doesn't have to explain about me to his friends. I do miss Mom and Molly though."

"Why don't we send them airline tickets as a Christmas present, and then they can come visit you?"

"Could we?" Justin beamed. "I knew there was a reason I loved you."

"Just one reason?"

"A million reasons and still finding more every day."

They kissed tenderly and longingly. It was a pleasure that neither of them ever got tired of.

"I guess we should go in," Brian said.

"Get the paintings out of the back," Justin told him.

"I don't know why you wouldn't let me see them."

"It's a surprise."

"But these are gifts for my friends and you did all the work of painting them."

"I wanted to."

"I love you."

"I know you do," Justin said with a smile. "Let's go."

A jovial looking man met them inside the door. "Are you Brian and Justin?" he asked. When they nodded yes, he directed them to the snug saying his wife Maggie and their other friends were waiting for them in there.

"They pushed open the door and were immediately surrounded by Maggie, Pats and her husband Mick, and Quinn. Hugs were exchanged and other pleasantries. Brian and Justin magically had glasses of Guinness in their hands. Finally they all sat down.

Brian stood and proposed a toast to good friends. They all drank to that. Then Brian cleared his throat. "I asked you all here tonight because … I knew Maggie and her husband could use the business." They all laughed and Maggie swatted him. "I asked you here because you are all important to me. You've all made a difference in my life. And I wanted to give you a token of my appreciation for everything you have done for me over the years."

Justin got up and held the first painting out to Brian.

"I want you all to know that Justin painted each one of these especially for you. I haven't seen them yet. He wouldn't let me." Brian smiled at his lover. "But I know first hand what a great artist he is, so hang on to them. They may be worth millions some day."

Everyone laughed and Justin blushed.

"First for Quinn who literally saved my life one night long ago. God knows what would have happened to me without him." Quinn hugged Brian and accepted the painting. He ripped off the thin wrapping paper to reveal a portrait of a naked Brian sprawled on a grassy knoll."

Brian looked at Justin. "Blarney Castle the first time I laid eyes on you. I knew you were watching me." Justin nodded and grinned. "But I had my clothes on?"

"And I have a great imagination. I checked out the goods later on," Justin told him with a wink. "I thought Quinn could hang it in his illustrious alumni section."

"No, it's going in my office in a place of honor over my desk," Quinn said and hugged Brian again, and then Justin.

Justin handed Brian the next painting. "This one's for Maggie who was like a mother to me and set me straight, pardon the pun, many times when I needed it."

Maggie took the painting after giving Brian another hug. "I hope it's a naked one," she said with a giggle. Everyone laughed. Maggie looked at the picture and her eyes filled with tears.

"It's for the pub," Justin said hoping she liked it.

"It's lovely, Justin. Thank you so much. Now I can look at my boy everyday when I'm at work." She turned the picture to reveal Brian seated at a bar holding a glass of Guinness.

"And last but not least for my sister and her husband," Brian said looking lovingly at Pats and Mick.

"It better not be a naked portrait of you," Mick said with a laugh.

"Open it and see," Justin said.

Pats pulled off the paper and gasped. It was a portrait of Brian holding little Mick the way the little boy loved to be held. His little hand caressed Brian's face.

"That's perfect, Justin," Pats said wiping a tear from her eye. "Little Mick wanted to come with us, but he's staying with his grandparents for the night. I didn't dare tell him we were going to see his Unc Bi. Thank you both so much." She kissed and hugged both of them and Mick shook their hands.

"Maggie told me that I should stay in touch when I left the Quoin and that's what Justin and I want to do. I hope that we can meet like this once or twice a year if that is agreeable to you all. Some of you I may see more often, but I don't want to lose the connection."

They all agreed. Brian and Justin sat in the corner watching their friends gush about the paintings. Justin picked up Brian's right hand and pushed the bracelet aside. "It looks like the third leg of you life is going just fine," he said as he rubbed the tattoo on Brian's wrist.

Brian found his lips and they kissed in that familiar and satisfying way of lovers who were happy to be together.



The End.
Thyme is the author of 54 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Druid also liked 286 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Druid Series. The next story in the series is Druid II.