- Text Size +

EMMETT 

 

 

Drew was on the phone on the way to my apartment. I wanted Calvin's crap out of my apartment today. My life was going to be the way I want, no room for dick heads. I pull up to my building and Calvin’s car is there. I really wanted to just leave his shit in the yard. Guess he gets to take it with him. I walk in and Calvin frowns at my leather pants and hot pink shirt. 

 

 

“Did you have to borrow clothes?” He asks me. 

 

 

“No, these are mine.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Interesting choice to wear today.” He wrinkles his nose.

 

 

“Why haven't you gotten your stuff together?” I ask him. 

 

 

“Emmett, it was a disagreement, why are you throwing us away because of that?” He  asks me. 

 

 

“It was more than a disagreement. I realize you don't want a relationship with me, but with who you want me to be. Calvin this is me, I'm flamboyant and I like that about myself. I kept changing me to make you happy, and I was making myself miserable, so I decided I need to be who I am.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I guess you liked being alone then, because no one wants someone who acts silly and dresses like a club boy. I was just trying to give you less chances to embarrass yourself around people. I love you enough to change the things about you that make people wince. Emmett people take you seriously now, I gave that to you. No one is going want this you.” He tells me like he's my teacher.

 

 

“Really? Because my first thought when I saw him was ‘he's hot’.” Drew comes in glaring at Calvin.

 

 

“Who the hell is he?” Calvin asks.

 

 

“Drew Boyd, and you’re the shit head that needs to pack your shit and get out.” Drew tells him.

 

 

“So you fucking lied when you said you were going to Brian’s house?” He asks me. 

 

 

“No, I've been at Brian’s. I needed to get away from you to see if you were worth the shit I put up with.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I'm the one who had to put up with your shit. Let's talk about Ted, who keeps trying to break us up. He's putting ideas in your head because he hates me. Don’t let him do that.” Calvin tells me. 

 

 

“You want to blame Ted. He’s never wanted anything but for me to be happy. You want to know what it's been like with you? FUCKING MISERABLE.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I guess you'll have to find out that this guy will dump you when the queen act you have going gets tedious and he realizes you’re a total waste of time. We could have gotten married if you hadn’t let your shitty friends interfere.” He tells me. 

 

 

“So, like when are you going to pack your shit? Because I'm here to dump all the shit you leave behind.” Drew tells him. 

 

 

“I'm not leaving, so I guess you wasted your time.” He tells Drew.

 

 

“Since it's my apartment, yes you are.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Make me.” He tells us, sitting on the sofa smirking. 

 

 

“Emmett pack his shit.” Drew tells me as he walks over to Calvin. 

 

 

“I'll call the police if you touch me.” He tells Drew.

 

 

“Yeah, but see, you'll be calling from the lawn when I hurl you ass out there.” Drew tells him pulling him up by the front of his shirt.

 

 

“You don’t scare me.” Calvin tells him.

 

 

“I wasn’t really trying to, but if you need me to I will.” Drew growls the words.

 

 

“Honey can we get on with this, I want to meet your Dad.” I tell Drew.

 

 

“Just give me a minute to toss this shit out.” He tells me lifting Calvin over his shoulder. 

 

 

“Put me down.” Calvin demands. 

 

 

“In just a sec.” Drew tells him opening the door.

 

 

I stand at the open door and watch Drew throw him in the open dumpster outside. 

 

 

“I forgot you don't have a lawn.” He tells me shrugging.  

 

 

“I'm calling the police.” Calvin yells from inside the dumpster. 

 

 

“I didn’t hurt you, just relocated you.” Drew tells Calvin. “Emmett get his things, there's room in here for them.” Drew tells me.  

 

 

“Fuck you.” Calvin tells him as he leaps out of the dumpster at Drew.

 

 

Drew moved to the left and ouch, landing on your face like that has to hurt. My neighbor came out to see what was going on. We watched as Calvin got up and tried to tackle Drew. Drew waited until he got close and pushed him into the side of a car.

 

 

“Hey, isn’t that Drew Boyd?” My neighbor asks me.

 

 

“Yes, it is.” I smiled as Drew grabbed the back of Calvin's shirt and tossed him back in the dumpster.

 

 

“Think I could get his autograph?” She asks me. 

 

 

“I'm sure, but he's a little busy right now.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Hasn't that idiot figured out he fighting a losing battle?” The granny from three doors down asks us.

 

 

“Guess not.” I tell her when Calvin tries to rush Drew but goes head first into a car when Drew steps to the side.

 

 

“He better not have dented my car.” Granny tells Drew.

 

 

“Ma'am, I'll fix it.” Drew yells as he sidesteps Calvin's punch.

 

 

“I want the idiot who dented it to fix it, not you.” She yells back.

 

 

“I wanted to get you a better car.” Drew yells as Calvin rushes up behind him. Drew just looks aggravated, but opens his arm and shoves Calvin off him.

 

 

“That's sweet, isn't it? He wants to buy me a car.” Granny smiles.

 

 

“That's my Drew.” I tell her.

 

 

“We'll get it when I'm done.” Drew yells.

 

 

Granny turns and goes in her house. Me and my neighbor, Shelly, shrug at each other and watch Calvin hit the ground hard.

 

 

“Drew can really toss him.” Shelly winces.

 

 

Granny comes back out with her cane and heads for them.

 

 

“Sweetie, what are you doing?” I ask her.

 

 

“I'm gonna knock him out.” She tells us holding up the cane.

 

 

Drew stopped her long enough for Calvin to run to his car and leave.

 

 

“You should have let me hit him, I've wanted to since that sweet boy of yours stopped dressing with style.” She tells Drew.

 

 

“So what will it be Escalade or Porsche?” Drew smiles down at her.

 

 

“I want the big one.” She tells him. 

 

 

JUSTIN 

 

 

I was sitting in the yard watching the kids run in and out of the fort. At least it was only four rooms, Brian told me he was kidding about the bathroom. Mel sat down next to me and watched Jenny chase Julia around.

 

 

“They won’t even look at me.” She tells me as Ben sits with us.

 

 

“You expected something different?” I ask her. 

 

 

“I thought I could at least talk to them.” She tells us. 

 

 

“You don't undo years in a day.” Ben tells her.

 

 

“I just don’t know how to start.” She tells us. 

 

 

“If it was me, I'd let them stay here and come over every day, until they are willing to talk.” Ben tells her.

 

 

“I have to work, it's not an option for me right now.” She tells us. 

 

 

“Then you've lost before you started.” Ben tells her.

 

 

“Ben, I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. Lindsay’s spending is astronomical. I have a feeling Sydney’s about to let her go.” She tells us. 

 

 

“Is it her debt or both of yours?” I ask her. 

 

 

“The house is in both our names but the credit cards are in hers.” Mel tells me. 

 

 

“Sell the house and let her deal with her credit cards.” Ben tells her.

 

 

“It still doesn't change that I have to work. The house isn't going to sell next week, so I still have to pay for it.” She tells us. 

 

 

 “If we buy the house for you, and make the payments reasonable, will that help?” I ask her.

 

 

“You'd be willing to do that?” She asks me. 

 

 

“Yes, but it's not a gift, because I don’t like you.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Justin, give her a chance.” Ben tells me. 

 

 

“I'm all out of them. I won't sit here and act like we could be friends, because she hurt everyone I love. Unfortunately for her, that's not forgivable just because she changed her tune.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I can respect that.” Mel tells me. 

 

 

“Good, because that's all I can offer. I guess you need to know that Gus isn't going back to your house.” I tell her. 

 

 

“I have custody of him too.” She tells me. 

 

 

“I don’t care, he needs a stable home and yours isn’t stable enough that he should be there.” I tell her. 

 

 

“You think he's going to let Jenny stay there alone?” Ben asks me. 

 

 

“I think if Mel really loves them, than she knows until she fixes what she broke, they need to be somewhere they feel safe.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You want Jenny to stay too, don't you?” She asks me. 

 

 

“I think she needs to know Gus isn’t the only one who takes care of her. I also think she needs Ryder right now.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Why him and not Brian?” Ben asks us.

 

 

“Ryder brings her out of her shell. She sees that he wants her around. Brian and I have three kids that need us and Jenny needs someone she isn’t sharing, so Ryder became that for her. You better be prepared for him to always be there, because Ryder won't ever trust you unless he can see she's okay all the time.” I tell her. 

 

 

“He's interesting.” Ben says smiling. 

 

 

“He's interested.” I tell Ben.

 

 

“I need time right now. I don't want to rush into anything.” Ben tells us.

 

 

“Are you waiting for Michael?” Mel asks him. 

 

 

“No, that's never going to change. I just need to see what we need to do to end it.” He tells us. 

 

 

“I can help if you need it.” Mel offers.

 

 

“I don’t think that's a good idea with Michael and you being Jenny’s parents. He could try to use Jenny to put you in a bad position.” I tell her. 

 

 

“That's the last thing I need with the way things are with the kids.” She tells us. 

 

 

“Daphne’s coming she could give you advice.” I tell him. 

 

 

“The lawyer you warned me about?” She asks me. 

 

 

“Yep. She's not going to be happy you're here, but you agree that we keep the kids and she'll back down.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Lindsay’s going to fight you, but I'm willing to do what you want for now.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Them staying here isn't letting you out of your responsibility to them.” I tell her. 

 

 

“I'll be here or wherever you tell me. I want my kids to look at me again.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Justin Kinney get your ass up and give me some love.” Daphne yells running out of the house with Brian behind her.

 

 

I get up and catch my best friend. “Hey, how's my woman.” I tell her kissing her.

 

 

“I'm just fine, well pregnant again, but fine.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Jesus, haven't you and Gary figured out how it happens?” I joke.

 

 

“I wanted one more before stopping, I figured my career will still be there but being mom only last so long. Sasha, Bryant and Reese already started school so I'll have time for this one.” She tells me. 

 

 

“How Brian Jr doing?” Brian asks her smirking.

 

 

“Bryant is making straight A’s. He's mad because I won't let him skip school to play with Gus.” She tells him. 

 

 

“Tell him I built a fort.” Brian tells her. 

 

 

“Hello, I had to get it to stand up, so let's make sure I get credit. “ Ryder tells them. 

 

 

“You let Ryder come?” Daphne asks snickering. 

 

 

“You know, when I thought women might do it for me, you changed my mind.” Ryder tells her hautely.

 

 

“Ryder you almost made me change teams.” She tells him.

 

 

“Not my fault.” He snickers. 

 

 

“Really, plastering my room with pictures of your scrawny ass in underwear made me rethink boys.” She tells him. 

 

 

“Than why were you always taking my picture, I just figured you wanted all this.” He tells her fanning his hand down his body. 

 

 

“Justin thought you were cute, so I snapped pictures for him.” She tells him. 

 

 

“You mean all this time I could have been Ryder Kinney?” He asks her.

 

 

“Taylor, moron.” She tells him. 

 

 

“Sorry must have gotten them mixed up.” He smirks. 

 

 

“So now that I've had my Ryder dose, I'm ready to tear into the bitches for you.” She tells us as we stare at Mel. “What?” She asks. 

 

 

“One of those bitches is me.” Mel tells her.

 

 

“And what are you doing here?” She asks me. 

 

 

“Becoming a lost boy, or girl in my case.” Mel tells Daphne. 

 

 

“Does that change what you wanted?”  Daphne asks Brian. 

 

 

“Nope, just makes less carnage.” Brian tells her. 

 

 

“But I like that part.” Daphne pouts.

 

 

“You can still go after Lindsay.” Brian offers.

 

 

“Speaking of Lindsay, want to tell my why she's trying to convince my husband she should be part of your show?” Daphne asks me. 

 

 

“When did that happen?” I ask her. 

 

 

“She been calling Gary since this afternoon, he asked me to ask you if you knew about it.” Daphne tells me. 

 

 

“Tell him no.” Brian tells her. 

 

 

“Why would she even try?” I ask him. 

 

 

“She probably thinks she can get on your good side.” Mel tells me. 

 

 

“There isn't ANY side I want her on.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Use it.” Ryder tells us. 

 

 

“How? Because my shows aren't games.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Yeah but Michael wasn’t a lot of fun, I was hoping to impress someone with my genius.” Ryder tells us looking at Ben.

 

 

“Than I'll invite her to the show, but no way am I spending time with her.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I'll work on something, but right now I need my woman to help me.” He tells us.

 

 

“I'm not helping you.” Daphne tells him. 

 

 

“Please, I got a hot babe, you can just be jealous. Yo Jenny, help me plan the tower.” He yells as he runs to get her.

 

 

“When did Ryder find someone to put up with him?” Daphne asks, then sees Jenny running to Ryder. “You let him around impressionable children?” She asks looking scared.