- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

 

Justin and I needed to talk about how to handle the girls. I don't feel we would accomplish anything by buying the house. I also have to wonder if Mel is going to walk away, or are we giving her a chance to keep Lindsay, because more income means Lindsay gets more to spend. I hope Mel sees this as her way out of the mess those two made, but right now I don’t trust her to make the right decision. We finally got the kids to bed. Jenny seemed okay with staying with Julia, so Gus has his bed back. Now I need to get Justin to listen and not distract me until we talk. I put on sweats and a t-shirt, but of course Justin comes out in just a towel, scowling when I told him we weren’t fooling around until we talk. I want us ready tomorrow afternoon, when Daphne arranged for them to meet us at Kinnetik. 

 

 

“Why do we need to talk about it?” Justin asks me dropping his towel and smiling. I will not let him distract me.

 

 

“You want to throw money at them to get what we want. I think that’s the reason I have so many problems with Lindsay. I handed her money just to not have to deal with her. If we buy that house, we feed the problem that I let go on too long. Trust me, the first thought I had was buy the house and hope they quit arguing in front of the kids.” I tell him, while pulling his hands out of my shirt.

 

 

“You want them to learn something that I honestly don’t think they can learn without help.” He tells me and crawls over me to sit on my lap.

 

 

“I think we just cause more problems with your solution.” I tell him, grabbing his hips to keep him still.

 

 

“You’re right. So we don’t buy the house.” Justin tells me kissing me and pulling my shirt off.

 

 

“Why are you agreeing so easily?” I ask him, helping him take off my sweats.

 

 

“I really wasn’t going to buy the house. I just got tired of listening to Mel’s excuses. She was using finances to argue about taking time to be with the kids.” He tells me kissing my chest.

 

 

“When Lindsay comes to Kinnetik, she isn’t going to sign on the dotted line and we need to discuss how we are going to deal with it.” I tell him and moan when he reaches my cock.

 

 

“What’s to argue? Gus stays with us.” He tells me going down to the root of my cock.

 

 

“He’s… her… wayyy… of… shit, do that again.” I give up. My blond wants me. Who am I to argue?

 

 

I let Justin play because we have been dealing with crap all weekend and we need time for ourselves. Time when we just don’t think about anything but us. I also know that until he gets what he wants from me, nothing will get accomplished. So I run my hands through his hair as he uses his tongue to massage every inch of my cock and give I thanks that Justin is gifted in so many ways. Of course, as l cum I remember that I’m just as gifted and pull him to straddle me. I reach back to help prepare him for me, but it seems Justin was doing more than showering. 

 

 

“I got you a present, me.” Justin tells me and slides down my cock as I hold it for him.

 

 

Justin sits still as he gets used to me, then starts showing me that he paid attention when he learned to ride horses. Lifting enough to be able to slide me back in and out, he uses his legs to anchor us together. I hold onto his hips and help find the rhythm we need to make Justin one very happy husband. I listen to his moans and change my angle to help him cum. Justin starts moving faster and leans over me so that I can help him by thrusting up to meet his downward motion. I feel his walls start to pulsate and push him to his back and piston in and out of my greedy blond. Justin grabs his cock and starts stroking with my thrusts. I lean down to kiss the scream as he cums between us and let myself go again.

 

 

“Um, much better.” He moans.

 

 

“We’re... still.... going... to.... TALK.” I pant.

 

 

“Sure, but maybe tomorrow.” He tells me reaching for me again. Talking is overrated.

 

 

MEL

 

 

I got home to Lindsay in a snit. I walked by her and got a banana and ignored her. I’m done fighting all the time, if she wants to fight she does it alone. I know she wants me to ask her what’s wrong, but it will just lead to what happens every other night around here and I’m done being that woman. I look at her and wonder what kept me with her. Lindsay is a beautiful woman and she plays on the fact that people see her as innocent and caring. I see a vindictive woman who can’t care about anything that doesn’t put her as the center of attention. It’s most likely because Lynnett got everything and Lindsay was left out, and I promised not to make excuses for her. 

 

 

“Where have you been? Brian showed up here with some guy and acted like nothing I said was important.” She tells me scowling.

 

 

“I went to see Ben, I needed to talk to someone who wasn’t going to blow sunshine up my ass.” I tell her.

 

 

“Ben is the last person I would go to, he left Michael like he didn’t have an obligation to stick out their marriage.” Lindsay tells me, and in a weird way I think she’s trying to tell me more than that.

 

 

“Ben stayed until it became an obligation, not what he wanted.” I tell her. I can double speak too.

 

 

“When you marry someone you owe it to the person to compromise. You don’t leave because you don’t like something, you learn to overlook small things because you love them.” She tells me.

 

 

“You don’t compromise your entire belief system, that’s not love Lindsay.” I tell her.

 

 

“You also shouldn’t expect that you’re the only person for them. I overlooked that you invited Leda to stay, knowing that you had a relationship with her at one time.” She tells me.

 

 

“Just like I overlooked your dabbles with straight men. Ben can’t overlook that his husband loves someone else more than him, just like I won’t.” I tell her.

 

 

“I’m not like Michael, I don’t see Brian as a possibility. But I won’t allow some blond upstart to try to make him forget me.” She tells me.

 

 

“You mean his husband, as in the man he married, because the only blonde upstart I see is the person sitting here talking out of her ass. I’m going to bed and you need to be ready tomorrow to go with me to Kinnetik.” I tell her.

 

 

“Why are we going there?” She asks me pointedly.

 

 

“Because Brian is tired of Gus being Jenny’s father and wants us to talk about how we plan to help Gus see that he’s our child, not Jenny’s protector.” I tell her.

 

 

“Fuck him, I tried to talk to him today about Gus and he took off like it wasn’t important to talk to me.” She tell me.

 

 

“We don’t have a choice, it’s mediate or court. Right now we need to try to meet him halfway.” I tell her.

 

 

“I’m not going. If he wants to discuss our son he does it here with me.” She tells me.

 

 

“Lindsay, you can sit here but I’m going, because this is more important than you getting your way, this is about Gus and Jenny needing a stable environment.” I tell her.

 

 

“You go and we’re through, I will not have you going against me.” She tells me and I realize she thinks this will get her what she wants.

 

 

“Then I guess we need to decide how to split everything and who keeps the house.” I tell her.

 

 

“Mel don’t be silly, you don’t want to leave me.” She tells me.

 

 

“Truthfully, I’m not sure you didn’t leave me the day we met. I just seem to have been slow to figure it out.” I tell her.

 

 

“Did Ben make being alone seem like a great idea? Because I’ll make sure you're all alone. Who would want to give a workaholic two children to raise?” She tells me.

 

 

“No one, but they won’t give children to someone who can't support herself either.” I tell her.

 

 

“Child support and spousal support go a long way.” She tells me smiling. 

 

 

“I'm sure they do, but it's not enough to keep you going when you have debt up to your eyeballs.” I tell her. 

 

 

“You can't make decisions about Gus unless I agree.” She tells me. 

 

 

“You need to brush up on child law, because your son can speak for himself at thirteen. Judges listen to what children tell them and I know Gus isn’t going to make our home sound desirable. He isn’t going to make either of us sound like we should be parents. So if you insist on fighting for your support money, sorry I mean child, you’d better be ready to defend your actions. I refuse to defend mine, because my children deserve better.” I tell her.

 

 

“Then what’s left to say but see you in court?” She asks me and walks out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

Matt is like a proud father, watching Daphne go over briefs. I want to be just like him when my kids become adults. He doesn’t interfere in their lives, just offers them advice when they need it. He told me it came from dealing with patients and seeing that they improved when you guide them but don’t tell them what to do. 

 

 

“I got the kids after the parents screwed up and had to help piece them back together. You can’t tell a child, ‘listen to me because I’m your doctor and the adult’, when adults were the problem.” He tells me.

 

 

“I could understand the child's view if you had come at me like that.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I let my patients have control of their lives, because by the time I got there, they had none. I rebuilt their trust in adults before we even started therapy.” He tells me. 

 

 

“You don’t have to convince me to help Gus find a way to rebuild his trust in Mel. It’s your favorite who is hot and cold on the subject.” I tell him. 

 

 

“It's because of his sperm donor.” He tells me.

 

 

“Why do you call him that too?” I ask him what I alway wanted to know.

 

 

“Justin wants that, so I do. You want to know why he acts like Craig doesn’t exist?” He asks me. 

 

 

“If he's anything like Jen described it makes sense that Justin tossed him out.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I want you to know that the reason I think of you as another son is because you understand Justin. I just think you need to know why Justin is the way he is about you and the kids. He loved Craig and would do anything to please his father. If making an A made Craig happy then what would and A+ do, but make him happier. The thing is, Justin couldn’t change his sexuality to make Craig happy, so the only thing left was to walk away from him. Justin tried to convince his mom not to divorce Craig because of Molly, but Jen was leaving because she knew she couldn’t stay with someone who couldn’t love her children. It wasn’t until Craig started ignoring Molly that I believe Justin gave up. I think after years of seeing absolutely nothing change in Craig that he has a hard time giving a woman he barely knows support, he is just observing and comparing what she does.” He tells me.

 

 

“She’ll either give him a reason to believe or not. I’m not going to help her win Justin over because he’s doing what’s right for Gus, and that’s really all that’s important to me.” I tell him.

 

 

“I just came to see my Daphne in action, but I also wanted to see Lindsay in action. I think Mel has enough sense to see that she lost big with the children and would like to change but it’s not going to be an easy path for her. Lindsay makes me curious because I can’t see what she wants in all of this.” He tells me.

 

 

“She wants her place as Wendy in my Wonderland.” I tell him.

 

 

“Yes, but Peter sends her home to grow up. Guess she never figured out why Wendy and Peter weren’t together in the end. Wonderland was only for people who couldn’t grow up.” He tells me.

 

 

“It’s why I liked it, but left when I found Tinkerbell drawing in Central Park.” I tell him. “Would you mind not telling Justin I just said that?” I think Justin would make me sleep on the lawn for that one, without my favorite pillow.