- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

 

Brian told me that we were going to talk in the morning and I figured that I could stall and not to have to destroy everything that they thought about Lindsay. I wanted to try to salvage anything to keep Gus from losing his mother, but I also don’t think she’s much of a mother. Shit, I don’t know. Brian drove us home and told everyone we were off limits for the night. Ryder told him that he’d keep everyone from bothering us. 

 

 

“What’s going on, we don’t keep things from each other.” Brian tells me, trying not to be angry.

 

 

“I know, but I wanted facts before I told you, because unless I can prove anything, it’s like telling tales.” I tell him, then decide he didn’t fall for it. “Fine. They were friends you trusted, it’s like you're losing everything they meant to you each day and I didn’t want to make it worse. I honestly hoped she’d realize she lost and give up.” I tell him.

 

 

“I think she thinks somehow she can win.” He tells me.

 

 

“She’s nuts enough to think so, because stealing out of Jenny’s account is shitty.” I tell him.

 

 

“Jenny has a account?” He asks me.

 

 

“Yeah, it’s sort of there.” I tell him.

 

 

“How much has she taken?” Brian asks me.

 

 

“A few thousand, but it’s not a lot anyway. I mean when sperm donor tried, he got hit by Mom’s attorneys, and backed off. I just don’t understand why Mel hasn’t checked on the account with the way Lindsay spends.” I tell him.

 

 

“She never saw Lindsay that way.” He tells me.

 

 

“She married her, what do you mean she never saw her that way?” I ask him.

 

 

“Lindsay can play innocent maiden well, and none of us saw through that. It took fathering Gus for me to see that side of her. I told you about her coming to me for money, but never how much. The last time she asked for forty thousand, for a car. After that, unless she could prove it was for Gus, she didn’t get a dime out of me. Maybe I should have asked Mel why I was buying the car.” He tells me.

 

 

“Unless it wasn’t for a car. I don’t get it. We have more money than we’ll ever spend, but we still don’t run out and buy shit the way she seems to. Brian, I don’t get what she wants, you’re gay, and even if I wasn’t with you she wouldn’t have a chance.” I tell him.

 

 

“You asked the question I’ve wondered about for a while. I don’t know.” I tell him as someone knocks.

 

 

“I told them to leave us alone.” Justin tells me.

 

 

“Let me in, I need you to tell me something.” Daphne says through the door.

 

 

“Come in and make it worse.” I yell.

 

 

“Sorry, wish I could make it better, but killing people would ruin any chance that I could become President one day.” She tells us.

 

 

“What did you need to know?” I ask her.

 

 

“Sam Auerbach.” She says.

 

 

“Artist with an over-inflated ego, caused by too many people kissing is hairy ass.” I tell her.

 

 

“Tell me how you really feel about the guy. But no, I called him and asked if he would testify to his relationship with Lindsay and he told me only if you agreed to let him show with you.” She tells us.

 

 

“What?” I ask her.

 

 

“Yeah, apparently he’s lost his following. So he wants to use you to get some traction. He even told me that Gary be put in the deal.” She tells me.

 

 

“Gary must be thrilled.” Brian tells her, rolling his eyes.

 

 

“I don’t want Sam near my work.” I tell her.

 

 

“I just wanted to make sure before I told him no. Get some sleep, we’ll talk about the money tomorrow, because Mel needs to know.” Daphne tells us.

 

 

“I should have known.” Brian tells her.

 

 

“Justin wanted one night without all the shit, guess they couldn’t give him that.” Daphne tells him.

 

 

“No, that would have been one night too many. By the way, she’s got sperm donor on her side. I don’t see that working out well for her.” I tell Daphne.

 

 

“Justin we need to tell your mom, she has a way to get him to go away.” She tells me.

 

 

“Shit. You two need to just tell me what’s going on.” Brian tells us.

 

 

“Sperm donor went after Molly’s trust fund. No one in the family knows about it. We never wanted Molly to know either.” Daphne tells him.

 

 

“Why not tell everyone?” Brian asks me.

 

 

“Mom was afraid that Matt and Drew would do more than talk to sperm donor if they found out, so we didn’t tell them. In fact, other than Daphne, you're the only one that knows about this.” I tell him.

 

“Doesn’t he disapprove of our lifestyle?” Brian asks us.

 

 

“I think a lesbian couple wouldn’t bother him, it’s just not manly to want a man.” I tell him.

 

 

“I say let him come, it’s time to give him a reason to stay the fuck away from you.” Brian tells me.

 

 

“I’ll check into it in the morning.” Daphne tells us.

 

 

“Can we just lay down and forget for a little while. I don’t want to think about him or the others for now.” I ask him.

 

 

“Till the end of time if you need it.” Brian tells me and pulls us to the bed. 

 

 

“That sounds wonderful.” I yawn.

 

 

I really wanted to make love, but I fell asleep practically before hitting the pillow. I woke up to a note and a cup of coffee.

 

 

“It’s your day off so stay in bed and don’t get out until I get back.” 

 

 

“I love you Brian Kinney.” I whisper, smiling.

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

“Why did you make me get up?” Ryder yawns, as we walk through the woods in the back of the house.

 

 

“I want your opinion on something.” I tell him.

 

 

“This kind of reminds me of those movies where the idiot bimbo follows a serial killer around.” He tells me.

 

 

“Which makes you the idiot bimbo.” I tell him, as we reach the house on the other side.

 

 

“I never thought of that. You kind of suck, you know that.” He tells me.

 

 

“Only Justin, but I had an idea and I think if you're serious this could work.” I tell him.

 

 

“You do realize I’m not big on mornings, or strolls, so couldn’t you have just told me?” He tells me.

 

 

“You want a house, I want one where Gus will trust Mel.” I tell him.

 

 

“And we walked here for what?” Ryder yawns.

 

 

“Because this old house is being torn down soon.” I tell him.

 

 

“How do you know, it doesn’t look like it’s falling apart.” He tells me inspecting the house looking in the windows.

 

 

“I know because it was going to be a surprise for Justin. I was going to build an indoor pool here.” I tell him.

 

 

“Now you're not?” Ryder asks me.

 

 

“We could put it in by clearing the trees we just walked through.” I tell him.

 

 

“Man, I kind of love you right now. I can implode the house and have the property cleared in three weeks at the least. The rest will just depend on how many guys I can get here.” Ryder smiles.

 

 

“Why not just rehab it?” I ask him.

 

 

“I want a house designed to make me happy.” He tells me.

 

 

“It would be, because your guys could make it livable. Could they have it done before Ben would be ready for it, if you rehab?” I ask him.

 

 

“Maybe, but I also want to make sure that Jenny likes her space too.” He tells me.

 

 

“Right, because she’s all into decorating.” I tell him.

 

 

“Okay, I think he’ll be more willing with time. It sucks that I had to like a guy who is dealing with a break up.” He tells me.

 

 

“He isn’t that heartbroken over it.” I tell him.

 

 

“He’s not, but if I’m going to get involved with him, I need to know that I’m not going to be the rebound guy. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing more than him without a shirt.” He tells me.

 

 

“He likes to be tied up.” I tell him and take off down the path.

 

 

“Is there like anyone that you haven’t fucked?” He yells, chasing me back to the house.

 

 

“Michael.” I yell back.

 

 

“That was because you were probably afraid he’d whine the way he did when Drew chased him down Liberty Avenue.” He tells me, catching up and we start jogging back.

 

 

“Did he escape?” I ask, since Justin and I were already gone.

 

 

“He ran to a police officer and tried to get Drew arrested, and got arrested himself.” He tells me.

 

 

“Do I want to know?” I ask him.

 

 

“When the cops asked for an autograph instead, Michael yelled that he needed Drew arrested and they were ignoring their jobs. Then he shoved one of the cops. Apparently they didn’t like it, because Michael went with them. Drew sent them dinner and tickets to all his games.” He tells me smiling. Never piss this family off.