- Text Size +

BRIAN 

 

 

Justin was ready to chew the nails off my fort. I looked at the article in the newspaper and wanted to murder the bitch. We've had two months of peace, and now Lindsay ran to a scumbag reporter, sporting a baby, and saying I fathered the child.

 

 

“How can she be pregnant with your child?” Justin asks me. 

 

 

“She couldn’t, I had all my samples destroyed.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You don’t think she kept it somehow do you?” He asks me. 

 

 

“It's not freezer safe, and I would hope Mel would have noticed something like that.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Brian if it is yours, she's not sane enough to have a child.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Is there any way to make her take a paternity test?” I ask Daphne.

 

 

“She's turning our lives into a circus. I have reporters following me to the kid’s school.” Justin tells her. 

 

 

“Justin we can go back to New York, long enough for this to blow over.” I tell him. 

 

 

“It won't go away because we move.” He tells me, frustrated.

 

 

“Tell me what you want to do?” I ask him. 

 

 

“It want to fight back, but no matter what we say, they twist it.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Here I come to save the day.” Ryder comes in smiling.

 

 

“Not now.” Justin tells him. 

 

 

“Yes now. Guess what super me found out? Come on play with me.” Ryder tells Justin.

 

 

“Fine, but it better be good.” Justin tells him. 

 

 

“She's not having Brian’s kid. Ask me how I know?” He begs.

 

 

“I'm willing to play now. How?” I tell him. 

 

 

“Sperm donor is about to sell his story. In which he tells all about the Petersons. I might have bribed some people, but hey, I got the goods, so GO ME.” He tells us. 

 

 

“What's his story, that my being gay caused all his problems?” Justin snarks.

 

 

“Justin, my genius needs to be recognized, at least listen.” He tells us. 

 

 

“Please, it was Drew and I that found out most of it, Ryder tells it so different from what really happened.” Emmett tells us. 

 

 

“Okay, so Drew helped.” Ryder pouts.

 

 

“Babe, everyone helped.” Ben tells him, kissing the pout. 

 

 

“Can you tell us?” Justin asks him. 

 

 

“So Lindsay gets advice from Sperm Donor, which, considering he's like on his way to prison to be Bubba’s bitch makes me wonder, but she seems to think if it's related to you she can pass it off as yours. Sperm donor contacts your bitch of a sister and they all decided your nephew had the SDS and donated a little to create baby Brian.” He tells us. 

 

 

“Ryder, SDS in plain English?” Daphne asks him.

 

 

“Oh you know, sperm delivery system.” He tells us. 

 

 

“Craig is telling this in his own article?” She asks him. 

 

 

“He didn’t come out and say it, just that the Peterson clan will do anything to say they are related to you. Apparently Nancy can’t see past the connection to your family.” He tells us.     

 

 

“She has that through Gus.” I tell him. 

 

 

“That would bring up the homosexual marriage, not something they want out there.” Emmett tells us. 

 

 

“How did you find out it was one of Claire’s kids?” I ask him. 

 

 

“Drew and I were talking about it and like he said, if it wasn’t yours, then who. I remembered your nephew, he's eighteen now, so even if she gets caught in the lie, no laws get broken.” Emmett tells us. 

 

 

“I just gave him a choice, me kicking his ass or my team.” Drew tells us. 

 

 

“Until we can prove anything, we are going to deal with the shit outside.” Justin tells us.

 

 

“With the custody hearing coming this would guarantee a win.” Daphne tells us.

 

 

“How do we keep Gus from all this crap? The kids at school have been giving him a hard time about Lindsay.” I tell them.

 

 

“I'm qualified to teach him. Let him do this year with me. Next year we can reevaluate if he goes back.” Ben tells me. 

 

 

“Bryant can come on weekends so Gus has a friend.” Daphne tells us. 

 

 

“Guys, it's not fair to you to have to do this.” Justin tells us.

 

 

“Ryder and I talked and I can take the time off to be home to help the kids.” Ben tells us.

 

 

“I have a project coming up and Ben agreed to stay for Jenny. I want him to take care of himself, instead of working right now. Mel is back at work and this way we don't have to worry who takes care of Jenny.” Ryder tells us. 

 

 

“I would have been happy to help.” Justin tells him. 

 

 

“We'll take you up on it when Ben comes to visit me.” Ryder tells us. 

 

 

“How do we stop the shit at the gate?” Justin asks us. 

 

 

“Don’t worry about it. The reporter that has Craig’s story is running it. I made sure everything I said was quoted in the article. I think your sister, Lindsay, and the nephew, are going to see that reporters get rabid when they are lied to.” Ryder tells us.

 

 

“Ben, Justin, don't get mad.” I tell them, and grab Ryder’s face and give him a Kinney special.

 

 

“I'd have kissed him for you Brian.” Ben tells me laughing. 

 

 

“Did he… oh man… dude I got some from your hubby.” Ryder tells us giggling.

 

 

“Hey Ben, feeling left out?” Justin smiles.

 

 

“Hum, maybe a little.” Ben smiles.

 

 

“Hey, we helped.” Emmett tells us, running from Justin when he tries to get him.

 

 

I walk behind Justin and Emmett chasing each other and I’m just happy Justin’s smiling again. 

 

 

“I met your mother, and dude, that's one wacky woman. She was all proud you were finally following God's plan. I asked her if lying was a sin.” Ryder tells us, following.

 

 

“What did she say?” Daphne asks him.

 

 

“She said lying was God's way of showing Brian the light. I mean are there like two sets of rules, God’s, and Joan Crawford Kinney’s version?” He asks us. 

 

 

“Joan thinks if she does it, then she can pray for forgiveness. She was carrying Claire at the shotgun wedding to Jackie boy.” I tell him. 

 

 

“She like turned every saying around to be what she wanted. That's one frosty woman. Can you believe she got offended when I told her that loving your kid doesn’t mean drinking and ignoring it when Daddy Dearest is kicking the shit out of him.” Ryder tells us. 

 

 

“How long did you talk to her?” I ask him, because ten minutes and I'm postal. 

 

 

“She's really fun to fuck with at church.” Ryder tells me. 

 

 

“You went in a church and the building didn’t go up in flames?” Daphne asks him.

 

 

“I've built churches.” He tells her. 

 

 

“Catholic ones? Because I doubt they would hire you. You flame brighter than Emmett just to piss people off.” She tells him. 

 

 

“Until they get with the equality game, they get none of my work. I have a problem with anyone saying I can build it but am not welcome through the doors.” He tells her. 

 

 

“You could always have Justin paint them a mural. Think of all the shit he could do, and they'd never realize it.” I tell him.

 

 

“See I knew I'd rub off on you. You're beginning to think like me.” Ryder tells me.

 

 

LINDSAY 

 

 

I came in the house smiling, I watched Justin and his brats running from reporters. I figured he deserves to have his fame turn him into fodder. It still pisses me off that the reporter told me until he can publish results he wasn't writing another article. I had planned for that, but until I can get Gus, it won't work. My new lawyer, Frank, thinks we can use the press hounding Justin to say it would be better for Gus to stay with me. Of course, all he cares about is winning against Daphne. 

 

 

“Lindsay, we need to talk.” Mother tells me. 

 

 

“I'm really not feeling well, maybe later.” I tell her, trying to get past her.

 

 

“No, you need to explain why you've turned this family into laughingstocks. I can't show my face since you talked to that sleazy reporter. The club is asking that we stay away because of the Lloyds. People are talking about how we should be ashamed that you caused a scandal. Your father and I have decided that if you want to make a spectacle of yourself, then you do it elsewhere.” She tells me. 

 

 

“You make me leave and I'll spread your lives out there, along with Lynette’s.” I warn her.

 

 

“You wouldn’t dare.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Why not, it's not like I didn't learn everything I know from you.” I tell her. 

 

 

“We didn’t raise you to treat us like this.” She tells me. 

 

 

“You raised me to think of me, and congratulations I learned how to climb over the bodies to get my way. So either move or I'll show you everything I know.” I tell her. 

 

 

“I don't think you would do well without the money we give you, so think about where you'll go if you think you can scare me.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Then I guess you'll be paying for divorce number five for Lynnette, when I let her husband know about her and his best friend.” I tell her.

 

 

There was a knock on the door and the phone starts ringing. Mother walked by me as if I didn’t matter. I waited, because she isn't going to win this. Frank comes rushing through, with reporters outside yelling questions about me. 

 

 

“Is it true Lindsay Peterson has been lying about who the father of her baby is?” 

 

 

“The young man's mother is saying that the Petersons took advantage of her son’s innocence. Care to comment on the vast age difference between Lindsay and John?”

 

 

“Care to comment on Howard Bellweather’s statement that your client is just as bad as a pedophile, seeing as the supposed father is barely eighteen?” 

 

 

My mother slams the door and turns to me.

 

 

“Do what you want, but not in my house.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Nancy, she can't go out there.” Frank tells her.

 

 

“She isn’t staying here. I will not have her causing us this embarrassment.” Mother tells him.

 

 

“Look, is there any truth to the rumor that you got knocked up by this kid? His mother is running to any reporter that will listen and telling them that you made her son John think he was in love with you. You can’t lie to reporters, unless you want them to make you pay for it.” He tells me.

 

 

“There’s no proof that this child is anyone’s but Brian's.” I tell him.   

 

 

“The kid is willing to be tested to prove he isn’t lying, and the mother is planning a lawsuit against you and your family, for using her son in your scheme to get at her loving brother.” He tells me.

 

 

“That bitch doesn’t even like her brother.” I tell him.

 

 

“It doesn’t matter Lindsay, all she has to do is act like the victim and you become the cougar who seduced a teenager.” He tells me.

 

 

“I want you both out of my house, and do not come to me for a dime. Lindsay, you say I taught you everything you know, yet you never learned not to get yourself in situations that will backfire on you.” She tells us opening the door.

 

 

“Lindsay, not a word until we get out of here. Nancy, look at what you're doing to her in her condition.” Frank tells her as the reporters snap pictures of me.  

 

 

“She’s not my daughter, as of now I have only one.” She tells him, loud enough for the reporters to hear.

 

 

I ran out the door with them throwing all sorts of vile questions at me. As I get to the car, a guy hands me an envelope. I threw it in the car and got in and slammed the door as the reporters surrounded the car. How did this turn on me? I look at the envelope and open it.

 

 

“I learned to be careful what you say to anyone. It came from being a Lloyd, and a successful artist.  Lindsay, reporters love to invade your life and find any detail you thought you could hide. Just remember, you slung the first handful of mud in this game, and I’ve decided to build you a muddy field to wade through for fucking with my family. 

 

 

Enjoy,

 

 

JK”