- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Merry Christmas everyone.  

BRIAN 

 

 

Justin was downstairs putting stuff together for the kids. I was upstairs with JJ, watching him sleep. He'd been sick this week and we ended up at the hospital. Where we found out he inherited Justin’s many allergies. Justin tried to tell me to calm down, but it scared the shit out of me when he had trouble breathing. Justin started asking a hundred questions about what meds they gave him and then gave his medical history and the surrogate's. They managed to get JJ’s breathing back to normal, but it didn't stop me from wanting to tear into them for giving him something that could have killed him. Justin calmly told me it was his fault for not thinking that JJ could have his allergies. He left me alone after that, because he knows that he can't stop my fears, but needs to let me deal with them. It also made dealing with bullshit the last thing I wanted to do, but bullshit came to the hospital.

 

 

There's a point where you get angry enough that you no longer see anything, just a blinding red that coats the fucker who can't see he's not the center of my world. I stood there with Michael spouting off about how I could have had a wonderful life if I hadn't become everything I hated, and I couldn't see beyond destroying the fucker for coming here and demanding I talk to him. 

 

 

“Brian, this isn't the life you want, look at you, you're half dressed and look like you haven't slept in days. This isn’t the life you wanted. You could be out partying.” He tells me.

 

 

“Michael, get the hell out of here.” Deb tells him glaring.

 

 

“No, he needs to see what Justin turned him into.” He tells her. 

 

 

“This isn’t the time for you to throw a tantrum. How did you even know they were here?” She asks him. 

 

 

“I overheard Ted when someone called him.” He tells her. 

 

 

“You decided that Brian wasn’t dealing with enough that you needed to come here to heap more shit on him?” She asks him. 

 

 

“He won't talk to me, and at least here he should be able to see that this isn’t him. Brian never wanted the whole breeder lifestyle. If it wasn’t for Justin…” 

 

 

I don't even remember grabbing him and slamming him into a wall, just that one more word would have had me beating him to death. Justin and Ryder ran out to stop me. Ryder pulled my hands off Michael and Justin bear hugged me until I calmed down. I looked at Michael and in that moment he disappeared and in his place was a pathetic piece of shit I should have walked by, not befriended.

 

 

“I want him out of this hospital.” I tell Deb.

 

 

“Brian…” Michael tries to talk to me.

 

 

“Don’t say anything, because as of this moment you don't exist.” I tell him, walking into JJ’s room.

 

 

Justin came in and just let me hold him and watch our son. It took until JJ was released for me to breathe normally again. Deb talked to Justin and told him that Michael was yelling in the parking lot that he'd make sure Lindsay’s lawyer heard about what happened. 

 

 

“Deb, I've tried to not hurt him for your sake, and I hope you understand that I'm done with the kid gloves.” He tells her. 

 

 

“You don’t need to do anything, he's dead to me.” I tell him. 

 

 

“It's probably the worst thing that anyone could do to him.” She tells us. 

 

 

I had him banned from the club and Kinnetik. I told everyone that his name was banned from any part of my life. When he tried to call I had the number changed and made sure that they all understood if he got the new number, the person who gave it to him would suffer the same fate. Then I went on with my life, not missing him being gone.

 

 

But tonight is Christmas Eve and I wanted to celebrate another year that my happiness continued on, so I put the baggage aside and looked forward to tomorrow with my family and friends. JJ smiled in his sleep and I decided it was time to stop being overprotective and help Justin with the massive wrapping he is doing. I look at the time and see that it's Christmas. 

 

 

“Merry Christmas.” I whisper to JJ, who smiles like his father, still sleeping. 

 

 

I walk into Julia’s room and watch her sleep with her thumb in her mouth, probably dreaming of knights and castles. She's one of my greatest creations, and I can thank Justin for helping me realize I needed another child.

 

 

“Merry Christmas princess.” I tell her kissing her forehead.

 

 

I leave to check on Gus, who was too excited to sleep earlier, and found him passed out on top of his covers. I pick him up and realize he's getting to the point where I don't see being able to do this for much longer. I heard the door open and Justin walks in and pulls the sheets back and I put Gus down and cover him up.

 

 

“Merry Christmas Sonny boy.” I whisper.

 

 

“Merry Christmas Dada.” Gus mumbles. 

 

 

I walk out with Justin in my arms and can't wait to see our kids open up all the things they asked for. It's the way I always wanted to celebrate, and I finally get to do it because I stopped and met my soulmate in Central Park.

 

 

“I want to do it again.” I tell him. 

 

 

“What?” He asks me. 

 

 

“Marry you, with our family to celebrate our life.” I tell him. 

 

 

“As long as it's someplace warm, I would love to do it.” He tells me. 

 

 

“I was thinking Hawaii at sunset, we could bring everyone.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You just want to kiss up to Uncle Matt.” He laughs.

 

 

“I want them to see that you gave me everything.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Which you do for me time and time again.” He tells me. 

 

 

“I was hoping you'd want to give me one more thing.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Anything you want.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Another baby Justin.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You sure?” He asks me. 

 

 

“I've never been more sure of anything, other than that you were the one.” I tell him.    

 

 

“Merry Christmas Mr Taylor-Kinney.” I whisper to him. 

 

 

“Merry Christmas Mr Taylor-Kinney.” Justin tells me. 

 

 

JUSTIN 

 

 

After not sleeping, but smiling at the reason, I walk downstairs to help my mom with breakfast. She has this rule that no one could open presents until we ate.

 

 

Uncle Matt told Drew that he and Emmett were going to New York to celebrate with them, because it looked like they were getting serious and it was time Emmett met Drew’s mom. We were all going to New York for New Years, so that the grandparents could watch the kids and we could celebrate together. 

 

 

Brian was dressing Julia, while Gus and JJ were staring at the presents. I smiled at the aroma of my mother's cooking. It reminds me of all the Christmas morning's growing up and makes me happy that I can share it with Brian.

 

 

“Morning Mom.” I kiss her cheek.

 

 

“You seem chipper this morning.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Brian wants us to have another baby. We want to get married again, so life is pretty wonderful.” I announce to her.

 

 

“Yes it is, I'm happy for you both.” She tells me. 

 

 

“Are you ever going to get married again?” I ask her.

 

 

“If I ever meet someone who makes me as happy as you and Brian are, then I'm open to it.” She tells me. 

 

 

“There's a guy you might like that teaches JJ. Maybe drop him off one day and see if I'm right.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Justin I can meet men without your help.” She tells me smiling.

 

 

“He's hot, just a tiny bit younger than you.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Not that guy Tucker?” Brian asks me coming in with the kids.

 

 

“Why not? He's really hot and Mom still has it.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Yeah, and he's definitely plays for your team Mom.” Brian tells her. 

 

 

“Oh sweetheart.” Mom walks up and hugs Brian.

 

 

“What?” Brian asks confused.

 

 

“You called her Mom.” Molly tells him, coming in.

 

 

“Oh, well you're the only one other than Deb I feel deserves the title.” He tells her. 

 

 

After the kitchen love fest, Brian escaped with the kids and Molly to tear into the presents. Mom and I opened our things, but like Brian, really only wanted to see the kids getting what they wanted. For me it made dealing with Lindsay next month less important than what was going on in the living room. 

 

 

Gus walked up to me handed me a present. I looked and saw Brian, JJ, and Julia, watching me. I started taking the wrapping off and opened the box. 

 

 

“I wanted it here.” Brian tells me. 

 

 

I looked at the oil painting of Brian I did that day in Central Park.

 

 

“How did you get it?” I ask him, because I never meant to sell it.

 

 

“I bought it and kept it at the loft. It was my way of seeing you when you weren’t there. I loved how you painted me.” He tells me. 

 

 

“You inspired me by being you.” I tell him running my hand down the figure standing in the middle of the crowd. 

 

 

Brian came over and sat with me, while the kids finished unwrapping their presents. Mom picked up after them because she likes everything in its place. Molly came over and leaned on Brian until he put his arm around her. 

 

 

“It's what I used to see, but never had.” Brian tells me, looking around at the living room and smiling.

 

 

“It's Christmas Brian.” Molly tells him, as if he was kidding. 

 

 

“It's the Taylor-Kinney Christmas.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Then Merry Christmas to everyone.” He whispers, kissing me.