- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

 

Brian was having his year end party at Kinnetik for his employees before we left to celebrate New Years. With everything going on, he couldn’t get the party arranged before Christmas like we have for the last four years. The employees were understanding and allowed us to do it two days after Christmas. I invited Deb and Carl to come so we could tell them about Hawaii. Once Brian decided that we were going to renew our vows he was full speed ahead to make it happen.

 

 

I got to the office with the kids and helped Cynthia arrange the play area we were setting up for the younger kids so they wouldn’t get bored with the office talk. JJ and Julia ran to Deb, giving Cynthia and me a chance to talk.

 

 

“Brian seems to have calmed down about JJ.” Cynthia tells me.

 

 

“It wasn’t easy for him, but I think he realizes he can’t control everything.” I tell her.

 

 

“It scared the hell out of me when you told me what was going on.” She tells me.

 

 

“It would have been easier if we didn’t have to deal with you know who.” I tell her.

 

 

“You know who has been leaving messages, saying that he will no longer support Brian.” She tell me.

 

 

“Like he ever did. I really wanted to kill him for showing up and saying shit. Brian barely left JJ’s side and HE uses it as a reason that Brian should want to get out.” I tell her.

 

 

“I never got why Brian put up with him. When he introduced you, I was willing to do anything to keep you around, because Brian stopped growling at us all the time when he met you.” She tells me smiling.

 

 

“He wants to have another baby together.” I tell her.

 

 

“You or him this time?” She ask me.

 

 

“Me, he said he has two so it’s time for me to do it.” I tell her.

 

 

“I get to have a new one.” She hugs me.

 

 

“Is there something you two want to tell me?” Brian asks from the door.

 

 

“I’m running away with your husband because he’s my favorite.” Cynthia tells him.

 

 

“You’ll just bring him back when you figure out that his performance will be less than stellar with you.” Brian tells her.

 

 

“I don’t know Brian, Cynthia’s kind of hot.” Ryder tells him.

 

 

“You think you can handle me?” Cynthia looks at Ryder.

 

 

“I could try, but you know I kind of like the whole He-man thing my man has going on. Although if you want to try, I can give it my best shot.” Ryder tells her.

 

 

“I’m looking for someone who doesn’t try, but succeeds.” She tells Ryder.

 

 

“Sorry, but Justin has all those rights.” Brian tells her.

 

 

“Hey, there’s a guy who screams breeder in the lobby, maybe he could do it for you.” Ryder tells him.

 

 

“How do you scream breeder?” Cynthia asks him.

 

 

“Instead of mingling, he’s sitting with the kids in Brian’s office, reading them a story. It’s all ‘look at me I can be the best daddy’ mating dance.” He tell her.

 

 

“He’s for Mom.” I tell him.

 

 

“Aunt Jen is going cougar? Cause that man is seriously hot, but like our age Brian.” Ryder tells us.

 

 

“Justin seems to think relationships do better with huge age differences.” Brian rolls his eyes.

 

 

“I just think Mom should at least get out there. She’s been gun shy since sperm donor.” I tell them.

 

 

“And have you told Mom that you arranged a boy toy for her?” Brian asks me.

 

 

“If they don’t like each other they don’t have to talk to each other. Then we could let Cynthia toss her hat in.” I say, as I run out of the office with Cynthia chasing me.

 

 

RYDER 

 

 

I leave while they are all busy. I wanted to deal with that asshole for so many things. After the hospital, I decided Michael needed to understand where he stood. He seems to think telling Lindsay’s lawyer about Brian almost killing him is a way to get back at Brian for forcing him out of his orbit. With Michael no longer on the list at any establishment Brian owned, he only had one place where he could go, Woody’s. I walk in and see him sitting at a table with Calvin the dick head. I walk up and sit down.

 

 

“I can't believe the trash they let in here.” I tell them. 

 

 

“Yeah, it's sitting in front of us.” Calvin sneers.

 

 

“Come to try to save Brian from me?” Michael rolls his eyes.

 

 

“From you, that's really funny. Michael you can’t even take care of your own life.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You can tell Brian I'm done with him.” Michael tells me. 

 

 

“I can't because your name is no longer said in the Taylor-Kinney household.” I tell him.

 

 

“What, are they afraid of me?” He snickers. 

 

 

“No, they just can't seem to remember you exist, so it's easier to forget the name. Brian and Justin are too busy planning the wedding and baby to care about someone as insignificant as you. Now me, I unfortunately have a good memory for people who mess with my family.” I tell him winking.

 

 

“I'm not messing with anyone, I just feel that a judge should hear how Brian acts.” Michael tells me. 

 

 

“Oh, you want to make him sound like he would abuse his kid, is that it? Is Mikey mad because Brian packed up his toys and left you with nothing, not even a jock strap to sniff?” I ask him.

 

 

“My concern is poor Gus, what happens when Brian gets angry at him?” Michael asks me. 

 

 

“That's so touching that you actually give a shit about poor happy Gus. It's so fatherly of you, but then you need to be a father to someone, since your not to your own daughter.” I tell him. 

 

 

“If that bitch Mel hadn’t traded sides than it wouldn't be an issue.” Calvin tells me. 

 

 

“Mel saw what she was siding with, and it was trash you incinerate, because it spreads like a disease. You know, like you Calvin, isn’t that where Drew put you for Emmett? ” I tell him. 

 

 

“Why are you here?” Calvin asks me. 

 

 

“Just to let Michael know he can scream and shout all he wants, but in the end he only managed to lose everything that ever mattered. Remember if you want to tell all, that Daphne gets to question you next, and she really hates you for some reason. She managed to dig up Dr Dick, who seems to have a lot to say about your motivation for trashing your bestie. Remind me again why he kicked your ass to the curb? Wait, it was because you were pining for Brian wasn’t it? Just imagine Davy boy telling about how you couldn't get over your unrequited love for Brian. It would make your testimony kind of sound like a vendetta against Brian because he doesn’t love you, but you're not doing it for any reason but Gussy, right Michael?” I ask him, not expecting anything but the worried look I got.

 

 

“Did I mention that my Aunts plan to sit with your mother, who plans to let the court know that her son isn’t a reliable witness? She thinks the judge should know why Brian tried to beat your ass, I doubt you'll get sympathy for badgering a father whose child was deathly ill. I'm really looking forward to Novotny vs Horvath. I'll leave you and hubby two to decide if you really want to deal with the wrath of Deb.” I get up and throw a hundred on the table. “That's so you can pay the mortgage since it's two months behind.” I smile as Calvin looks at Michael, furious. My work is done.

 

 

I wonder if Ben would help me work off some steam in Brian’s office. I walk into Kinnetik and slide my hand down Ben’s back and let it trail to his ass. He turns, and smiling, follows me straight to Brian’s office and into the bathroom. Can I say a Happy New Year was had by me? Yes I can.    

 

 

LINDSAY 

 

 

I sat in the cramped apartment that Frank found for me, pissed. My sister managed to cover her tracks by telling her husband that it was me fucking his best friend. The best friend told him that I tried to blackmail him into saying the kid I was carrying was his, and then when that didn't work said I was going to lie about Lynette and the best friend. I was told by Jerry, that I was no longer welcome at his and Lynette’s home if I wanted to cause problems.

 

 

Frank isn’t happy because I had to admit that I used Brian’s family. The press has been all over the story. Most of which accused me of trying to con a Lloyd. I at least got to see Craig get his own, when an article appeared about him trying to steal money from his own children. Frank hoped it would out-scandal my scandal, but mine seems to have a life of its own. Fucking Claire has been crying to the press about how I caused her loving brother to kick her out and leave her penniless. I snorted when she included Justin, who she's never met and would spit on before talking to for being gay.

 

 

“Lindsay, instead of sitting there, we need to talk about how to counter Brian’s claims that you were publicly slandering him to the press.” Frank tells me. 

 

 

“I want you to concentrate on how Brian's lifestyle is harmful to Gus.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Which has no bearing on now. He's been in a high profile semi-celebrity marriage that is like a fairytale marriage. He's fucking father of the year according to the teachers at his kids' schools. He's a respected businessman. All you have is a past that no one but you remembers. Your case is dead in the water unless we come up with something that would make a judge see he's not everything he is. I can’t walk in and bash Brian because he once was a playboy. So give me something that will counter everything they have on you.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Michael is willing to tell about what happened at the hospital. Brian slammed him against a wall and it took two people to stop him.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I worry that Michael will come off as insensitive. Daphne is going to ask why he went to the hospital. My question is, what was he doing there when Brian was dealing with a sick child?” He asks me. 

 

 

“Michael was showing concern, it was Brian who went ballistic.” I tell him. 

 

 

“It better be only that, because right now it's the only thing that makes Brian look unstable.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Just do your job, and we'll be fine.” I tell him frustrated. 

 

 

“We have a couple weeks before the hearing, do me a favor and stay away from the press, it's making you look worse with each article Claire does.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Can’t you gag her or something so she can't talk?” I ask him. 

 

 

“Only if she slanders you. She's been doing well, only sticking to facts you can't deny.” He tells me. 

 

 

“He wanted to help me get back at Brian, and I didn't fuck the kid.” I tell him. 

 

 

“No, just fucked this case.” He mumbles.