- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story is OOC/AU, so if that is not something that you like to read, this may not be the best choice for you. I am a true romantic, and want nothing more than love and happiness for the boys we all love so well, but I often don't see them exactly the way they were portrayed on the show.  


I don't use a beta, ‘cause I am still not at a place where I could be even remotely ok with someone changing my story. That is not to say I feel my writing is too good to require change, and I value any kind but constructive advice offered - I just am much to OCD to allow someone else to make the changes. Lol


All mistakes are mine, and I apologize in advance.


Disclaimer: I neither own, nor anticipate any profit, from the characters who appear in this story. This story is intended simply for enjoyment - for me and the readers.


 

Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't know much about the art world, or the advertising business, and I am not sure about all the possibilities with art school coursework (although I did take college courses in my senior year and then challenge basic courses, starting off as a sophomore). So, any discrepancies between the storyline and real world possibilities need to be considered creative license - it's just the way it came together in my mind.

 

 

 

 

Brian pulled into one of the reserved parking spaces in front of the unique art gallery in downtown Pittsburg. He was not really looking forward to meeting with the artist-in-residence that the gallery owner had hired him to promote. The young artist had made quite a name for himself among critics and art connoisseurs in attendance at the two shows that had thus far showcased his work. As a result, the curator had actually convinced the board of the gallery to create a space on the top floor of the building that would include lodging as well as a studio space that any upcoming artist would find irresistible.


The only stipulation placed on the scholarship they offered to Justin Taylor was that he show his work exclusively at their gallery for the next 3 years, after which he was free to show anywhere he chose. 


They hoped that this would discourage the man from taking off to pursue similar opportunities available in New York, so that they could take advantage of the publicity that would be afforded to them as the catalyst for discovering and honing the young man's incredible talent.


 


It wasn't that the ad exec had any kind of aversion to art, or artists. In fact, he rather enjoyed being able to show off his considerable art collection in various places around the bathhouse turned office headquarters for the agency he had created from the ground up...a strange venue to be sure, but one that worked for him for a variety of reasons. No, his indifference had more to do with the conversation that he had had with Michael before he left the loft that afternoon.


 


Brian and Michael had been friends, best friends, since they were 14 years old. Truth be told, he was quite sure that he would not have survived his teen years without the dark haired, boy-next-door with whom he now shared not only his life, but his bed as well. While their coupling could never be described as mind-blowing, it was satisfying in the same way that a favorite old pair of shoes becomes comfortable and familiar. It may not be the sort of thing that you proudly take out and brag about to your friends, or exactly what you pictured when you let your mind ponder the possibilities, but yet you can't imagine parting with it or trying to live without it.


 


In actuality, that was the very thing that troubled him about their discussion earlier. He thought once again to his reaction when Mikey told him that he still had absolutely no objection to Brian finding adventure and passion with other men, if that fulfilled his sexual longings and made him happy. In fact, he revealed, he had never actually expected monogamy when they decided to extend take their friendship to ‘friends with benefits'. He actually said that! Was that all they were? More importantly, was that enough to keep him content as he looked towards the future? Fuck, he had tossed aside his determination to never be in a relationship, he never wanted to care for anyone enough to be hurt by them. He didn't need this! And now to find that it was all for nothing, that things were not really as they seemed?!?!? Well, it was more than he could take.


 


 It occurred to him that it said more than anything else about the real state of their relationship, and while he couldn't say that he didn't enjoy the dalliances he had engaged in through the years, Michael's approval left him more than a little distracted and confused - and angry! He was Brian ‘fucking' Kinney, for fuck's sake, he could have anyone he wanted, and the only thing that should be this hard is his dick!


 


 


BJ <3 BJ <3 BJ


 


Shaking his head to clear it, Brian stepped out of the car and entered the old building where he was to meet young Mr. Taylor. He had read the biography for a second time over breakfast that morning, and reviewing them in his mind, he had to admit that there were several facts within its text that had him intrigued.  First and foremost, the artist was apparently quite the little overachiever.  Graduating 2 years ahead of the rest of his classmates, after taking all advanced placement courses, including mostly pre-college coursework in his ‘senior' year, he successfully challenged quite a few of the first year requirements, and then achieved an impressive 1500 on his SAT's. As a result, he was accepted into PIFA as a sophomore right after graduation, and then was offered a full ride scholarship to pursue his degree in fine arts with a concentration on drawing, painting and conceptual practice. As an ad man, this last area of concentration especially captured his interest. He thought to himself that he would be sure to ask the artist what his purpose was in adding this rather new type of program to his specialized degree goals.


 


There was very little that  Brian found more impressive than a person who could hold his own intellectually, who knew what he wanted and was willing to work hard, driven to do whatever it takes to reach his goals. Not only impressive, but down-right appealing. It really was a shame that the lad was so very young. Not only was Justin entering his senior year in college at the ripe old age of 18, but he also had been offered not one, but two gallery showings while still in college, a feat that is almost unheard of the serious art world. Despite his preoccupation with thoughts of Michael and their future, Brian was suddenly extremely anxious to see the level of talent and apparent maturity it would take to accomplish all that this young man had undertaken, successfully at that.


 


The other thing that he certainly wanted to address with his newest client was the information on his ‘coming out'. His biography stated that when he told his parents he was gay, his father issued an ultimatum forcing him to choose between giving up his life's dreams and totally hiding his sexuality identity or being disowned to the point where his father would no longer even acknowledge him as his son.


 


Brian kicked himself for misplacing the picture that had accompanied the biography, hoping against hope that this Justin Taylor was a troll, or fat, or in some other way thoroughly unattractive. This young


man's story showed courage and strength beyond that which Brian had ever seen, and with Michael encouraging him to gratify his hunger for passion wherever he finds it, he knew that just their age difference alone might not be enough to deter him if he found that Justin was physically attractive as well. Hell, Justin seemed to be not only academically on par with Brian, but indeed appeared to be superior to him in maturity. Brian was sure that he would never have been brave enough to choose the way Justin did, being so comfortable and self-confident in himself that he could chose his dreams over his family, and then share it with the world, not caring what anyone else thought.


 


 


BJ <3 BJ <3 BJ


 


As he reached the reception desk, Brian told the girl sitting there that he had an appointment with Justin Taylor. He saw her eyes glaze over, wondering if she got high on her lunch break, when she really was thinking to herself that this was probably the most handsome...and sexy...man she had ever met.


 


She picked up the phone and rang upstairs to page Justin, letting Brian know that the artist would be down in a few minutes. While he waited, Brian walked slowly around the exhibit floor, stopping when he noticed a few pieces by young Taylor that he recognized from the brochure he had been sent. He quickly realized two things. First, the renderings on paper did not do justice to the incredible work that was before him, the richness and choice of color, the uncanny ability he had to make the ordinary seem amazing and anything but ordinary, and the way each piece told a story that the viewer, at least this viewer, could immediately identify, knowing the beginning, middle and end.


 


The second thing he saw there was that the brochure did not even begin to show all that Justin had to offer. He didn't like surprises, and was not at all thrilled to find that his publicity packet from the gallery only included a few of Justin's canvases, and in fact they had left off some of the most awe provoking pieces that the kid had hanging  there.


 


As he stared at one particular picture, he was struck by the intensity with which he felt each emotion that was depicted there. It was an abstract painting, full of broad strokes and heavy coloring. He coughed to cover the choke that lodged itself in his throat as he continued to gaze at the canvas, then suddenly he felt rather than heard the young man come up behind him.


 


"Is there something about this one that reaches down inside you? What does it make you feel?" Justin stood back and watched for the response.


 


Brian found himself unable to move, the unfamiliar feeling of exploding nerve endings trailing their way up and down his spine. He willed himself to turn around, yet not sure that he could. That voice, he thought, please, don't let it be him! I will not stand here and let him know how much that voice, and this piece, has already affected me. ‘Get a grip, Kinney! You are turning into a fucking lesbian.'


 


Brian turned around slowly, and then, at precisely the same moment, both men let out a gasp that could be heard anywhere on the small gallery floor, had anyone been there to listen. Brian almost groaned aloud as he realized that not only was this boy most definitely not a troll, but he was quite possibly the most beautiful man he had ever seen.


 


"Mr. Kinney, I suppose?" Justin almost sighed, unable to take his gaze off the gorgeous brunette, noticing the older man's deep green eyes at the same time as the lips that threatened to take his breath away. He reached out his hand to greet the ad man, planning only to lightly but firmly shake the hand that Brian offered in response, when he was caught completely by surprise as soon as their hands touched. The jolt of electricity that immediately caused him to feel flushed as it travelled through his body, also brought a swift blush to his cheeks as it reached his cock, triggering his pants to tighten. With a swift intake of breath, he let go, turning quickly to hide the growing hard-on that left him both embarrassed and confused. Never had he reacted quite this strongly to any man simply on meeting...and touching... and certainly never with a perfect stranger.  "Please, allow me to show you more on the second floor, and then we can have a seat and get acquainted." Justin said, wondering to himself how he could get through this interview if his dick continued to betray him, showing no more control than a horny teen-ager.


 


As he followed him up the ornate staircase in the rear of the gallery floor, Brian attempted to regain his composure.  ‘What the fuck was that?' he thought to himself. He had never felt anything like it with any man, and he had been with plenty. It was almost like the blonde had reached right out and stroked his dick, causing it to throb and twitch like a schoolboy.  ‘Get a grip, Kinney', he repeated to himself. As he looked up at the young man leading him up the stairs, however, he had to hold back a moan, as he found himself quite literally at eye level with the most awe inspiring ass that he had ever had the pleasure of ogling.


 


BJ <3 BJ <3 BJ


 


 

Chapter End Notes:

TBC


 


If you like it, please take a moment to let me know. If you do not, and tell me why with kindness and respect, i promise to consider all you have to say.


I respond to all reviews. Thanks for reading.