- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Everything has changed...this chapter is one of those necessary scene setters to get us where we need to be - hope you enjoy - if you do, please let me know.

 

 

Mikey walked up to the door at Babylon, passing those waiting in line and entering with a nod from security. He had thought about asking the doorman if Brian had arrived yet, but didn't really relish the thought of everyone knowing that he and his Brian were at odds. He knew folks already talked behind his back, wondering how he had caught the eye of the great Brian Kinney. Truth be told, while he knew that he and Brian shared something special, and loved each other beyond question, their lovemaking had always felt more like simple convenience...more readily available sex than the burning  passion he imagined when he thought about actually ‘being in love'.


 


While he would love to know what it could be like to have a partner whose hunger and desire for him could be felt whenever he walked near, what he and his best friend had was comfortable, and he couldn't imagine ever giving it up to go searching for some elusive romantic notion that might not really exist. He had too much to lose. Not only was Brian successful enough that neither man ever had to be concerned about the cost of the lifestyle they enjoyed, but just having everyone know that he was the only one who ever woke up in Brian's bed gave Michael a certain status that he knew without a shadow of a doubt he could never hope to attain on his own. He knew that the handsome brunette's affection for him was real and true, and for someone like him, that would just have to be enough. Besides, Brian was always telling him that queers didn't do the ‘happily ever after kind of crap' that the breeders and munchers of the world seemed to think was the only way to find happiness in this life.


 


He had been sure that he would find Brian at Woody's, chugging down too many Jim Beam's and needing his old friend to get him home in one piece, the way he always had. He had waited almost an hour before deciding that Brian must have come right to the club. He wondered what state he would find him in. When Brian was angry, his usual method of coping was to drink too much, take too many drugs, and fuck anything that walked, as long as he hadn't had him before.  


 


As he searched for the brunette among the crowd, he hoped to himself that he wouldn't need to take his quest to the backroom.  That would not only be humiliating, now that everyone knew they were together, but it was guaranteed to make Brian mad all over again. He was really hoping to be able to locate Brian quietly and quickly, without drawing any more attention to them than was necessary, and get him out of there and back to the loft to bed. He would have to wait until morning to try to reason with him, and resolve the issues that had been brewing between them. The risk was just too great if things kept going the way they had been.


 


He walked around the dance floor and then scanned the bar once again, still not seeing the gorgeous shock of brunette hair that usually stood head and shoulders above the others in the room. He had almost resigned himself to a trip down the hall to find Brian getting his dick sucked, or worse, when he heard his friend Emmett call his name.


 


"Hey, baby. Where's your handsome better half?" Emmett yelled above the thumpa thumpa of the music.  "If I had that gorgeous guy in my bed, sweetie, I wouldn't let him out of my sight for a second."


 


"I haven't seen him yet tonight," Michael frowned. "How long have you been here? I was hoping you could tell me where he is." Emmett looked at Michael, curiously. "Well, if he's here, baby, I haven't seen him, and I've been here for a while. Why don't you just call his cell so you can find each other?" Mikey had no choice but to admit to his friend that he and Brian had a fight, and he wasn't sure how Brian would respond if he called him.


 


"Well, he's not in the backroom honey, I just came from there with an absolutely delicious little thing I found. Maybe he is waiting for you back at the loft." Michael's heart sank. If Brian was still sulking, he could be anywhere. He decided to take Emmett's advice, and head back to the loft to check there before wasting any more time looking for him. If things worked out in his favor, Brian would be home in bed sleeping it off, and he could just slip in next to him without disturbing him, and everything would look better in the morning.


 


BJ <3 BJ <3 BJ


 


 


Michael pulled the door closed in the loft, and threw his keys on the counter. He was more than a little upset at not having any idea where Brian was, or what shape he would be in when he found him. He started towards the fridge to grab a beer, trying to think where to look next. He had no doubt that Brian would not answer his phone, knowing that his long-time friend would be much too stubborn now to simply pick up, especially when he saw Mikey's name on the caller ID.


 


He turned towards the platform bedroom area, intending to change his clothes and continue on his way, when he stopped short, unable to believe that what he thought he heard could possibly be true. 


There was no way that Brian would have carried through on his childish threat, no way that he would bring a trick home to their bed, no matter how pissed off he was. As he walked closer though, there was no doubt that what he was hearing was his lover in the throes of passion.


 


Throwing open the swivel door closest to where he stood, he could not believe his eyes. He let out an ear splitting screech as he entered the room, barely able to contain his rage. "Just what the fuck do you think you're doing, Brian? How could you do this? What the hell were you thinking?" His mouth hung open in wounded indignation watching Brian look up at him with a contented smile, obviously coming down from a very satisfying release. There on the bed with his lover he saw not one...but two, very blonde, very young, very not Brian's type twinks, one with his ass in the air, head thrown back as Brian deftly finger fucked his ass, while the other had his tongue on Brian's cock, eagerly licking up the remains of a what looked like quite a substantial load.


 


"Close your mouth, Mikey, unless you want to put it to good use and come join us. If not, then just get the fuck out, because we're kind of busy here." Brian snarled with a look in his eyes that the dark haired man could not remember seeing before, at least not directed at him.


 


This was worse than he had even imagined. He didn't know for sure if he was more hurt, or more scared. They had fights before, and he was used to Brian lashing out when he felt threatened or angry. If nothing else, his childhood had taught him to dish out the hurt before anyone could break through his walls and hurt him. Still, Brian had never done anything like this before. Never had he said the cruel things he was saying, never rubbed his face in the uninhibited fucking that the ‘stud of Liberty Avenue' had always been known for, using it as a weapon to cause as much pain as he could.


 


He thought back to their conversation this morning. Maybe his encouraging his partner to continue to fuck whoever he wanted, whenever he wanted to was the last straw. Brian had seemed more and more dissatisfied over the past month or so, and Michael shivered as he wondered if he should have paid more attention to what his lover was telling him as they left the loft to begin their day.


 


Perhaps Brian had finally realized that what he has with Mikey is not enough, that he wants more. Had things changed so much without Mikey even being aware of it. Was it possible that Brian had been growing up right before his eyes, and he had missed it?


 


If that were true, what the fuck was he going to do? Even knowing that their friendship would stand the test of time, made to last forever, Mikey knew that had it not been for their history growing up leaning on each other for companionship, support and protection, that someone like Brian would never have given him a second glance. His insecurities turned to pure panic as he thought to himself that everyone else knew it, too.


 


Making a conscious effort not to allow himself to think about what tomorrow would bring, Mikey walked toward the kitchen island and grabbed his keys. Tonight he would toss and turn in his old room across town in the house where he had grown up. He couldn't let himself ponder the possibility that this might be the first of many nights he would spend there once again. He tried not to let his mind slip to the possibility of lonely days and endless nights, of solitude and deprivation - both of material desires as well as physical pleasures.


 


As he left the loft, he had no idea what tomorrow would bring, and what his life would look like after they talked things through, but he did know that nothing good could possibly come from trying to resolve things tonight.


 


 


BJ <3 BJ <3 BJ


 


Justin pushed the door closed behind him with his foot, as he entered his apartment and set the bags from his grocery shopping on the counter just inside. His always voracious appetite was on overload, fueled in no small part by the unfulfilled longing that had caught him by surprise just a few hours before. There was no doubt that his encounter with the gorgeous ad man this afternoon had left him hungrier than he could remember being in quite some time, if ever. And if his lust wasn't being fed, than his stomach stepped up to demand attention.


 


As he began emptying the bags, however, his mind strayed from all the luscious recipes that had been keeping him distracted, and returned to the man who was front and center at the root of his frustration. Did Brian have any idea the effect he had had on the young blonde? It was obvious that the attraction was not completely one-sided. Was it possible that Brian was even half as derailed as he was right now, his dick having spent the last few hours in various - and sometimes downright uncomfortable -stages of hardness. He thought to himself that whatever it was that he had felt, and was still feeling, was like a fire burning out of control, the flames getting stronger and hotter the longer it went on.


 


He sank down onto the stool behind him, absently stroking himself as the picture of the tall, handsome man came once again to his mind. He tried to imagine what it would be like to gaze into those hazel eyes as the man towered over him, about to take him. He trembled with need as he thought about what it would feel like to grab hold of the brunette locks, overcome with passion and desire, plunging deep into the other man, intent on driving him wild with pleasure. He couldn't remember a time before in his life that he had wanted someone as much as he wanted Brian. Other than a few exceptions, Justin had always been a top, but as he came to the startling realization that he didn't much care who was doing the fucking, as long as the other man was in his bed and in his arms, he suddenly was pulled from his daydreaming by the most intense orgasm he could ever remember having from his own hand, and with all his clothes still on to boot.


 


As he hit the shower, he wondered once again how he was going to get through the time that he would need to spend with Brian in order to complete the task at hand for his career. He would have to do something, anything, to get himself under control, but as he closed his eyes and tried in vain to get to sleep, he had no idea what that might be.


 


Meanwhile, across town in his loft, Brian lay, fitful and restless. He could not believe that after several rounds of what most would consider to be really hot sex with two very energetic young tricks, he was still hard and unsatisfied, unable to keep a certain other beautiful young blonde from occupying his thoughts, not even caring that his lover had walked out, and from the way things appeared, their relationship may be fractured beyond repair.


 

Chapter End Notes:

TBC


next time...where do they go from here, and more importantly...how will they ever get any work done?