- Text Size +

 

Blinded

Chapter 16

Justin slid back the loft door. He looked around and couldn't see Brian anywhere.

"Brian, where are you?" he called. He heard a muffled sound from the sofa. "Brian?" he repeated pulling the door closed and moving towards the sound. "Brian, what the fuck is wrong?" He saw Brian curled into a ball on the sofa. He pulled Brian against him and felt the man shiver. "Are you sick? What happened?"

"He was here again," Brian managed to force out of his mouth.

"What … what did he do?"

"He was trying to get in and he talked to me. He's angry because I'm not cooperating and he says he'll be back." Brian turned away from Justin pushing his face into the back of the sofa. He didn't want anybody to see him like this.

"I'm calling Detective Carver," Justin said.

"Don't bother. He says the police can't protect me every minute of every day … and he's right."

"The police can protect you. We need to call them."

"He's watching us, Justin. Whenever you go out, he comes to the door. What am I going to do tomorrow when I'm all alone?"

"You won't be all alone. I won't leave you. Fuck school!"

"You have to go to school. I'll find someone else … or … or I'll stay by myself," Brian said shakily.

"I'm not leaving you alone. I'll think of some way of doing it."

"I don't want you to get into more trouble. I should never have brought you into this mess," Brian said shaking his head.

"I still think we should call Detective Carver," Justin said adamantly.

"Maybe we should," Brian agreed with a thoughtful look on his face. He was starting to feel more like himself now that Justin was back. "If he comes to the door whenever you leave, maybe they could catch him tomorrow when you are at school."

"Fuck, Brian! That's genius. Let me get the phone."

Justin found the card and placed the call. He handed the phone to Brian who spoke at length with the policeman. When he got off the phone he didn't look very happy.

"What's wrong?" Justin asked.

"They don't have the manpower to set up surveillance on the loft. Carver as much as told me that the trick hasn't done anything that would warrant that kind of coverage."

"Shit! What the fuck are they doing? Does the guy have to break in or try to kill you before they'll do something?" Justin ranted. This really pissed him off. The police were supposed to protect you. And Brian needed protection. He was blind for fuck sake.

"Seems that way," Brian said thoughtfully.

"Well, I'm not leaving you alone tomorrow."

"You're going to school, Justin. It will make things worse if you don't. Your parents won't let you stay here at all."

"No, I'm not going to school," Justin said adamantly. "I'm staying here with you."

"You're going to school, and if you don't stop arguing about it, I'll call your mother."

"You wouldn't!"

"I would, and I will. I've been thinking about this. I'm going to call Cynthia, my assistant, and ask her to bring some work over. She can stay with me till you come back from school."

"Will she do that?" Justin asked.

"Cynthia will do whatever I ask her. She's always stuck by me."

"But then she'll find out you're blind."

"That's the other good thing about her. That girl knows how to keep a secret."

"If you're sure…" Justin said slowly. He liked being the one Brian depended on. He wasn't sure he wanted to share that with someone else.

"Then it's settled. I'll call Cynthia tonight and arrange for her to come here. You … go to school tomorrow."

"Okay," Justin agreed reluctantly. He wasn't at all sure this was the right thing to do.

"Stop thinking of ways to get out of school. You're going and I will be fine here with Cynthia."

Justin blew out a huff of protest but decided he was getting nowhere fast. "So what do you want to do this afternoon?" he asked changing the subject.

"I don't fucking know! Don't you have some more homework or something?"

"No, I don't," Justin said testily.

"Well, what would you do if you were at home?" Brian asked.

"Um … I'd probably go to Daphne's."

"Who's that?"

"She's my best friend. She lives down the street and we tell each other everything."

Brian snorted. "You sound like a schoolgirl."

"Fuck you!" Justin reacted and stuck his tongue out at Brian.

"Tongue?" Brian asked with a chuckle.

Justin giggled. "Yeah. I still want to know how you do that."

"One of my many hidden talents," Brian said tongue in cheek.

"We could practise some of your other talents," Justin suggested hopefully.

"I don't think so," Brian replied quickly. He knew exactly what kind of talents Justin wanted to have demonstrated.

"But I was reading in your novel…" Justin tried to explain.

"You shouldn't believe everything that you read in books," Brian admonished.

"But … but you wrote it. I just wanted to know if it was true."

"If what was true?"

"You had them in the 69 position, and they were trying to cum at the same time. Is it possible to time it like that … so that you both get off together?"

"Of course it is. But it takes self-control."

"Could we try that?" Justin asked with his most seductive smile and voice.

Brian snorted. "Are you trying to seduce me, little boy?"

"I certainly am," Justin said boldly.

Brian laughed out loud. "Maybe later. I could use some time to work on my book," Brian replied knowing that he was merely prolonging the inevitable. He wasn't sure he would be able to stop if they started something like that. His need to fuck Justin seemed to be growing exponentially. The more he had the kid around and the more he got to know him, the more he wanted him. But he had set some boundaries that he wasn't going to cross. The problem was that his dick didn't seem to be on the same page. It was uncomfortably hard from Justin's provocative suggestion.

"I guess I'll just have to read some more of your book, and, you realize that that will give rise to more questions that you are going to have to answer," Justin stated.

Brian groaned. "Youngsters, can't live with them, can't kill them."

"I'm not so young and you will teach me more … later."

"Go read, little boy, and let me think in peace."

Justin got up and retrieved Brian's novel from the desk. He carried it over to the chaise in the alcove and collapsed into it. He could read for a while, and from the alcove he could watch Brian and maybe listen to what he was dictating. But sooner or later he was going to get his questions answered, and he fully intended to have them answered using the tried and true hands on method.

Brian turned to face the windows knowing that he was still under the scrutiny of the young man. He wondered how to handle what was going on between them. In the past he would have had no qualms about fucking Justin the moment the kid asked, and Justin had been asking non-stop since he had found out Brian was gay. But his blindness had changed things. He had come to depend on Justin. He respected the kid in a way that never happened with tricks. He never gave himself the opportunity to get to know them. But Justin was different.

And that was the problem. He could never treat Justin like one of his tricks. The kid had come to mean too much to him. Justin had somehow managed to establish a place in Brian's life, even in the few short days that they had known each other. Brian did want to teach him to be the best homosexual he could be. He wanted to do that and he wanted to do it right … when he could see.

But his body had other ideas. Every time he came in close contact with the young man his body screamed its need to possess him. It was getting harder and harder to turn Justin down. And Justin was certainly not making it any easier for him. The kid was crawling into his bed every night and outright asking him to teach him things. How many more times could he refuse?

Justin watched Brian's back. He could tell that the man wasn't dictating anything into the tape recorder. He wondered if Brian was thinking about his novel … or about him. He hoped it was about him. He hoped that was what had Brian preoccupied. He had done just about everything he could to capture the man's attention. He smiled to himself. Maybe tonight he could get Brian to take it a step further.

Justin flipped through the book and found one of the pages where he had turned the corner over. He wanted to read that section again. If he could get Brian to do that with him he wanted to remember how it was described and see if he could work some magic of his own.

While Justin read the section he had found, Brian continued to worry about what he was going to do. Finally he knew he would get nothing further accomplished. He needed a change of environment. He needed to get out of the loft.

"Justin," Brian said.

"Huh?"

"Are you busy?"

"Hot and bothered," Justin thought to himself as he finished the section he had been reading. He needed to go into the bathroom and jerk off. "Not really," he said out loud. "Why? Do you need something?"

"Would you like to go for a ride?"

"And what kind of ride would that be?" Justin asked lasciviously.

"Not the kind you're thinking about," Brian said quickly, having caught the tone of Justin's reply.

Justin chuckled. "You're no fun at all."

"I'm a lot of fun under the right circumstances."

"Then why won't you show me?" Justin demanded.

"Justin! Get your mind out of your crotch and tell me if you want to go for a ride in the car."

"You mean in the Jeep?" Justin asked perking up. The only possible thing better than his sex education, well as good as his sex education, or maybe almost as good as his sex education was driving Brian's Jeep.

"Yes, twat! My Ferrari's in for repairs."

"Aren't they always," Justin giggled. "Very unreliable."

"So, want to go?"

"Sure. Where do you want to drive to?"

"Nowhere in particular. I just thought we could get out of here and get some different air."

"Full of exhaust fumes from other cars. Sounds like a plan to me!"

Brian stood up. He smiled to himself. Justin had a quick mind. He enjoyed sparring with the boy. There were getting to be far too many things he enjoyed about this young man. He made his way to the bedroom to put on some jeans and get his jacket. He was going to have to do something about laundry before too long.

Justin encouraged Brian to call for the elevator and take them to the ground floor. He got Brian to take the lead in getting them to the door. It was only when they stepped outside that Justin positioned himself so that Brian could take his arm.

Once they were situated in the car Justin started the engine and they took off. Justin drove through downtown telling Brian how deserted the streets were on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure what Brian wanted to do Justin circled the outskirts of the city. Finally he saw a sign that caught his interest.

"Do you mind if we make a stop and take a little walk?" Justin asked.

"Why?" Brian asked warily. He wasn't sure that he wanted to get out of the car in a strange place. So many accidents and non-accidents had happened to him lately. He felt Justin turn the car and then pull to a stop. "Where are we?" he asked trying to keep the fear out of his voice. "What are you doing?"

"It's all right, Brian," Justin said gently. "We're at Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Art."

"What the fuck is that?"

"It's an art school. I've been thinking of applying here when I finish high school. I thought we could look around."

"And just what the fuck do you think I'm going to see?" Brian asked the anger in his voice clear. He hated being dragged around to places he didn't want to be and that he didn't know anything about.

"I thought I could see what the campus is like and you could walk with me. I doubt that we'll meet Mikey here," Justin said sarcastically. "But we can go back to the loft if that's what you want." Justin started the Jeep.

"Wait," Brian said. "We can walk for a bit as long as you guide me." He felt guilty for spoiling Justin's idea and for being so fucking afraid of everything.

Justin turned off the engine and they got out. Justin walked along, with Brian holding on to his arm. The boy described every building and fountain and tree and flower bed. Brian felt like he could visualize the place based on Justin's descriptions. He would have to come back when he could see and compare the images he drew from Justin's words to the real thing.

Eventually they arrived back at the Jeep. Justin helped Brian get back in and then he sat in the driver's seat. "So what do you think of it?" he asked Brian.

"I'd say you've already made up your mind that you want to go to school here. I could hear it in your voice."

Justin frowned. He did want to go there but that wasn't going to happen. "No," he said, "I haven't made up my mind."

"Oh?" Brian asked skeptically.

"My father says I'm going to business school at Dartmouth."

"An Ivy Leaguer! Well, la dee da!"

"Like I have a choice," Justin grumbled.

"You do. There's always a choice."

"If my father's paying I have to go to Dartmouth."

"Then get a fucking scholarship, or a student loan, or I'll lend you the fucking money. Just don't let your father or anyone else make you do something you know isn't right for you."

Justin stared at Brian. He knew the man was right. He would never be happy at Dartmouth, never be happy in business like his father, never be happy. Period.

"Let's go grab some takeout and go home," Brian said when Justin remained silent.

"Sure," Justin said starting the Jeep. Brian had just given him a lot to think about.