- Text Size +

 

Blinded

Chapter 4

"What the fuck is going on here?" said a voice from behind them.

"Nothing's going on," Amanda said quickly standing up and brushing off Brian's shoulders. "I was just getting Mr. Kinney settled in his chair. "I'll be back later," she added as she bustled out the door.

"Is that you Justin?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, what the hell was she doing?"

"She likes me," Brian said with a touch of irony. "Thanks for rescuing me."

"Any time."

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming back," Brian admitted. "Did you get everything?"

"I think so. I had to take three buses each way. It took forever."

"I … I'm sorry it was so difficult. I probably shouldn't have…"

"It's okay. I wanted to do it for you," Justin protested.

Brian smiled to himself. How could this kid be in trouble with the police? He was so damn sweet and obliging. Brian shook himself, wondering where that lesbianic thought had come from.

"I found this small suitcase in the closet. I packed everything in it. I hope that's all right. I thought you could use it to carry everything when you go home," Justin explained.

"Home," Brian thought. He wondered when the fuck that might be.

Justin opened the suitcase and began asking Brian where he wanted him to put everything. Brian directed the boy to place things in very specific places as Martin had taught him. He was memorizing each site hoping he would be able to find each item when he wanted it. Finally Justin was finished and Brian asked him to place the suitcase in the closet.

"I brought your mail," Justin said pulling it out of his backpack. "And there was an envelope leaning against the loft door when I got there."

"An envelope?" Brian asked having a strange feeling about this revelation. He hoped it wasn't another one like the two others he had received.

"Do you want me to open it for you?" Justin asked.

Brian hesitated. He didn't really want anyone to know what was in the envelope if it was like the others, but he had to find out what the envelope contained. "Open it," he said slowly. He heard Justin ripping the paper, and then silence. "What is it?" he asked knowing already.

"It's a love letter … sort of."

Brian exhaled slowly. "Just like the others," he thought. Aloud he said, "What does it say?"

Justin read from the paper: "Your words leave me breathless and aroused. I need you next to me, caressing me, in me … NOW!" He waited to hear Brian's reaction. A groan was all he received. Justin didn't know what to say.

After a minute or two Brian asked, "Is there anything unusual about the lettering or typing?"

Justin studied the paper not sure what Brian was asking. "The word NOW is written in capital letters and punctuated with an exclamation point," Justin observed.

"He's getting impatient," Brian muttered.

"Impatient?" Justin asked. "What do you mean?"

"The other two notes were less demanding, more pleading. I think he's getting anxious and … bolder."

Justin stared at Brian. "You've gotten two other letters like this? And you said 'he'," Justin said carefully.

"Yeah," Brian said. "I'm gay. I think this was a trick from a couple of weeks ago."

Justin's eyes got very big. This man was gay, just like … just like he was. Justin felt his heart pound in his chest and his cock grew hard at the thought. He covered his crotch with his hands before it dawned on him that Brian couldn't see what effect his words had had on him.

"Are you still there?" Brian asked staring in the general direction of Justin.

"Yes," Justin said forcing his uncooperative voice to work.

"Are you upset that I'm gay? Do you want to find someone straight to do your community service with?" Brian asked baiting the boy but wanting to hear what he would say.

"No … no … I … think I'm gay too," Justin admitted hesitantly.

"No?" Brian teased pretending to be amazed.

"You knew?"

"I guessed."

"What … what gave me away?"

"I have excellent gaydar."

"You do?"

"I do. I'm never wrong."

"But … I hardly knew I was gay myself."

"You knew."

"I … I guess I did, but I've never done anything about it."

"I could change that."

"You could?" Justin asked feeling his cock grow even harder.

"But not till I get out of here when I get my sight back."

"You're going to see again?" Justin asked. "They didn't tell me that."

"They say I will. I had head trauma which is putting pressure on the optic nerve. When that pressure is relieved I should be able to see again."

"When will that be?" Justin asked willing his cock to obey, but hoping Brian Kinney would still be interested when he could see.

"They don't know. Maybe a week or a month … maybe longer."

"Is … is it scary?" Justin asked.

"Yes," Brian whispered being honest with Justin and himself.

"Don't be scared." Justin said softly. "I'm here now."

Brian sucked in a breath and held it. He felt the tears behind his useless eyes. Who was this stranger, this boy, this gay man who held such promise and made him feel like a man, like he had a life once again. He wanted to grab this man and hold him and never let him go. He wanted Justin to hold him in return and tell him everything would be all right and never let him go. Brian let out the long held breath and tried to get hold of himself. He couldn't fall apart after everything he had already endured.

Brian cleared his throat hoping his voice would work on command. "Where's that note?" he demanded.

"I … I'm still holding it," Justin replied keeping his voice as normal as he could.

"Throw it away," Brian ordered.

"Should … shouldn't you keep it?"

"Why? What good is it?"

"He might do something and then this would be proof that he was stalking you."

"He's not fucking stalking me. He's just sending these annoying notes."

"I still think you should keep it."

"Fine," Brian said exasperated. "Put it in the nightstand."

Justin did as he was told. "Do you want me to open your other mail?" Justin asked.

"Don't you need to go home?"

"I called my mother from the loft."

"And what did you tell her?"

"That I was doing my community service and I'd be home by ten."

"What time is it now?" Brian asked.

"Shit! Almost nine-thirty. I'll never make it."

"Take a cab."

"I … I don't have enough money," Justin admitted.

"See if one of those envelopes is from my bank. They were supposed to send me a replacement card." Justin rifled through the pile of mail and found the one from the bank. He ripped it open and told Brian that the card was there. "Dial the number with it to activate it." Justin dialed and handed the phone to Brian. After all the questions were answered, Brian told them he wanted to use the card immediately. They said to wait five minutes and he could. "Usually there is an ATM in the lobby of these places," Brian told Justin. "Go down and take out a hundred dollars for me. You heard the password on the phone."

"You trust me to do that?" Justin asked in disbelief.

"I trusted you in my house. I trust you to do this. Go. By the time you find the machine you should be able to use it."

Justin grinned and headed for the lobby. The machine worked and he soon returned with the hundred dollars.

"Gather up your belongings, put the ATM card in the nightstand and put the money in your pocket. Go grab a taxi."

"But…"

"No buts, do it."

Justin grinned. "Thanks, Mr. Kinney. I think I can make it in time. I have a curfew."

"I thought as much," Brian smirked.

Justin gathered up his backpack and headed towards the door of the room. "Good night, Mr. Kinney," he said looking back at the only gay man he had ever met, at least that he knew about.

"Justin," Brian said. "Call me Brian."

"See you tomorrow, Brian," Justin said happily as he ran for the elevator that someone had just stepped off of.

Brian smiled to himself. He liked the sound of that. He would enjoy seeing Justin Taylor tomorrow. He might like to see the boy every day.

-----

Brian sat in his chair for quite a while after Justin left. He was trying to figure out why he would trust a kid who was here doing community service because he was in trouble with the law. He had given the kid the keys to his loft and the password to his bank card. He would never normally do anything like that, especially with someone he had only met a few hours earlier. What was it about Justin Taylor?

Brian had wanted to get rid of him at first, but he wanted to get rid of everybody. Then he had started talking to the young man and had felt almost an instant connection. Maybe it was the fact that he had suspected that Justin was gay. Maybe it was the sweet nature that came through the boy's attempts to appear grown up and blasé about the whole community service thing. Maybe it was the fact that he had taken three buses each way to pick up the things Brian wanted from the loft. Brian shook his head wondering how he could thank the boy properly. He had certainly gone above and beyond what was required for his community service.

He wondered if Justin really would come back tomorrow. He could get him to help him with his mail. He would like that. The kid seemed smart and should be able to handle anything that Brian threw at him. Brian hoped Justin had made it home before his curfew. He didn't want him to get into more trouble.

Brian decided to try to use his laptop that Justin had brought for him. He stood and counted off the steps to the top of his bed. He reached for the nightstand and felt along the top till he found the laptop where he had told Justin to put it. He picked it up and went back to his chair.

After a bit of fumbling he was able to get it open. He heard it bing indicating it was coming on. He wondered how much battery was left. He should have told Justin to bring the charger cable. He wondered what screen the computer was at. He tried to remember what order they came in and where he had to put in his password. He positioned his fingers as he would to touch type. Thank God he had learned that in high school. He waited. He had no idea what page his computer might be on. It probably wasn't logged on to any program yet, and he had no idea how to get to anything. After a minute wondering what to do, he slammed the laptop shut and fought the urge to pitch it across the room.

Justin had left just after nine-thirty. Brian had no idea how long he had been gone, but he knew he was tired. In fact he was feeling the beginnings of a headache. Fucking computer! He stood up and counted his way to the side of the bed. He placed the useless laptop back on the nightstand. He might as well go to bed he decided.

He started removing his shirt. As he pulled it off, he had the disconcerting feeling that someone was watching him. He stopped what he was doing and listened intently. He heard nothing. It must be his imagination working overtime. He undid his jeans and slid them off. Justin had brought clean clothes. It would be nice to have fresh things to put on in the morning after his shower. He decided to get rid of his days old underwear and sleep in one of the fresh pair that was now in the bottom of his nightstand where he had asked Justin to put it.

When the underwear slid off Brian had that funny feeling again like someone was in the doorway of his room. He turned quickly asking out loud, "Who's there?" There was no response but Brian could feel a presence. He was sure of it. He felt around in the bottom of the nightstand until the feel of the material in the gray underwear told him he had what he wanted. He sat down on the bed to put it on. Suddenly the feeling of being watched vanished. He frowned and wondered what was going on.

"My, my, my," Amanda said as she came into his room. "Let me help you with those."

Brian had the underwear halfway up his legs as she arrived. His dick was hanging out and he was sure Nurse Skank, as he now thought of her, was getting an eyeful.

"I don't need any help," Brian declared pulling the underwear up over his ass and tucking his cock inside. "How long have you been watching me?" he demanded.

"I wish I had been here sooner," Amanda replied licking her lips. "I just came out of another room."

Brian frowned. "Did you see anyone at my door?"

"No, but I wasn't really paying attention. I was writing in a chart. I wish I had known what was going on in here. I would have come sooner."

Brian noticed the stress she placed on the word "come" and shuddered. It must have been her hanging around his door watching him. Who else could it have been? He didn't believe her protestations.

He stood and turned to draw the covers back. He wanted to be safe in his bed with her out of his room.

"Let me help you," Amanda insisted pushing him aside with her hip and pulling the covers back.

Brian recoiled at the touch. "I can do that for myself. I'm supposed to do things for myself."

"I don't mind at all," Amanda stated ignoring his protestations. "Get in and I'll tuck you in."

"I'm not fucking two years old. I can do this myself."

"Hmpff," she snorted not liking being brushed off. "Fine," she conceded. "I'll come and check on you later."

"Don't bother."

"No bother at all," Amanda said airily as she headed for the door. "Hope to see more of you before I leave in the morning."

The sexual innuendo was not lost on Brian. He groaned and pulled the covers up over his head. Why did Nurse Skank have to be here? What was he going to do about her? He didn't know how he could stand her advances night after night after night. He needed to get out of here.