- Text Size +

 

Blinded

Chapter 24

"What's wrong, Brian? What did I do? Did I say something wrong?" Justin asked bewildered by Brian's sudden halting of their lovemaking.

He and Brian had just fucked for the first time, and it had been great, phenomenal, beyond wondrous. Brian had said they could play "Can You Top That" and they had started and then… Brian had suddenly stopped.

"You don't love me, Justin. It's because you just got fucked that you said that, and fucked very well I might add," Brian said with a smirk as he tried to regain some control. Justin's words had thrown him.

"I do love you. You're a wonderful amazing man, and I can't believe what we just did."

"I don't do love," Brian insisted.

"You don't?" Justin frowned. "But everybody does love, don't they?"

"Not me."

"But…"

"There is no 'but'. We're gay and we fuck. Love is for heteros and lesbians. And look at what it gets them."

"What do you think it gets them?" Justin had to ask.

"Rancorous divorces, mutual hatred, unhappy screwed up children. Shall I go on?"

"It's not always like that," Justin averred.

"Only in 99% of the cases," Brian replied cynically.

"Well, I don't care what you say. I believe in love, and I do love you."

"Don't say that."

"I can't help it; it's how I feel." Brian scowled. "Please, Brian, I mean it."

"Don't…" Brian began but Justin put a finger on the man's lips to silence him.

"Can we talk about this later?" Justin asked. "I want to play 'Can You Top That'."

"Are you horny again?" Brian asked hoping he had got his point across to Justin.

"Again? I never stopped."

"Insatiable," Brian grinned as his lips found Justin's once more. He could match insatiable with insatiable. His cock was already hard and ready for round two. Maybe having a youth was just what he needed in his life. They could fuck themselves into oblivion. But this love thing…

Justin wrapped his legs around Brian's waist. He humped against the man feeling both their cocks grow even harder. That was enough to make Brian forget about anything except plowing that tight little ass once again.

Some time later they lay sated and resting on the bed. Justin had a huge grin on his face which Brian couldn't help but comment on. "I can see you've become a big fan of 'Can You Top That'."

Justin turned his head and beamed that smile at Brian. "It's the best game in town."

Brian chuckled. It was a pretty damn good game if he did say so himself. So far they had been able to top the previous time with each new attempt. "I think I could use a shower. Care to join me?"

Justin was about to say yes when his stomach emitted an enormous rumble. "Sorry," he said sheepishly.

"I guess I should feed you, especially if we're going to improve on our record for 'Can You Top That'," Brian smirked.

"Dinner is burnt. I don't think there's much left in the fridge."

"Did you forget speed dial takeout?" Brian asked standing up. He looked down at the handsome young man who lay in his bed. The kid was certainly something else, something quite wonderful, something Brian wasn't quite sure he had bargained for. "I'll order some food and we can shower while we wait for it."

"Is there a shower component to 'Can You Top That'?"

"Most assuredly. Why do you think I suggested it?"

Justin smiled up at him and once more Brian felt tears of gratitude that he could again see. "I'll go make that call. Start the shower."

Brian and Justin climbed out of the shower having christened two of the walls of the shower stall. They thought they might try the other two later in the evening or tomorrow morning. Justin felt a little unsteady. He had barely experienced anything sexually before and now he had had four orgasms in less than two hours. He did need some sustenance or he was going to collapse. Brian pulled him towards him and started nuzzling the boy's neck. Justin felt his cock stiffen almost immediately. He groaned loudly.

"What's the matter, little boy? Can't keep up with me?" Brian asked with his patented smirk."

"I can do anything you can do, old man," Justin stated boldly.

"Then let's go again," Brian said.

Justin could feel Brian's stiff cock against his groin. "The food should be here soon. We better wait."

"Sure. No problem. I can understand how someone so virginal doesn't have much staying power." Brian smirked at him. Justin flipped his head from side to side muttering to himself as he turned away to look in the mirror. He stuck his tongue out in protest to Brian's words as soon as Brian couldn't see his face. "Tongue," Brian said knowingly.

"I thought you could only do that when you were blind?" Justin said frowning.

Brian shrugged and then grinned. "I saw you in the mirror," he admitted.

Justin giggled and then whacked the older man across the chest and went to find some clothes. He wondered if he would ever get used to being around Brian. The man had a knack for keeping him off balance. He also didn't know how Brian did it sexually. He was always hard, always ready for sex. Justin was finding Brian a much more demanding man than he had ever dreamed.

"Don't you ever get enough?" Justin asked after a minute as he pulled on some socks. He found his feet were often cold in the loft. He couldn't believe that Brian went around in his bare feet all the time, even in winter.

"There's no such thing as enough," Brian said doing up the buttons on his jeans, all except the top one. He grabbed a wifebeater out of the drawer and pulled it over his head. It was so much fucking easier to get dressed now that he could see. He knew he had his clothes on the right way around. He knew if he was presentable to other people. He went back into the bathroom to fix his hair. Fuck! He could only imagine what the fuck his hair must have looked like for the last month. He carefully tousled it into just the disheveled look he liked. All of a sudden Brian heard the phone ring. "Can you get that, Justin?"

"Yes, your highness," Justin giggled. He had been watching Brian play with his hair. The man was quite the prima donna now that he could see.

When Brian came down the steps Justin was putting the phone back on its base. Who was that?" Brian asked. "Is dinner delayed?"

"No, it was Detective Carver. He said he's coming over. He has something to discuss about the case."

"I wonder what he has found out."

"He didn't say, but maybe they have a lead on whoever tried to push you off the roof. I still can't believe that happened. I … could have lost you, before I even got to know you," Justin said putting his arms around Brian's neck.

"You mean before you got well and truly fucked, don't you?" Brian smirked.

"Briiiaaan," Justin whined and gave the taller man a hard swat on the chest.

"Ummpff," Brian said with a chuckle.

The buzzer indicated that dinner had arrived. They sat on the floor by the coffee table eating the Chinese food. For Brian it was much more enjoyable to use chopsticks and be able to see what he was trying to capture with them. Seeing the food somehow added to the taste. Brian told Justin this was the best meal he had had since the mugging.

Justin watched Brian eat and marveled at the change in the man. He had been so tentative and careful when he was blind. This man who could see was totally confident and seemed to have barriers that he wasn't willing to allow Justin to cross. Justin searched for things to talk about but it seemed much more difficult than it had been when Brian was blind. They shared a beer and waited for Carver to arrive.

"Detective Carver will be so surprised when he finds out that you can see," Justin said.

"Yeah."

"You don't sound very enthusiastic."

"He hasn't exactly been a great deal of help in all this," Brian griped.

"I'm sure he's doing his best."

Brian snorted. He had never had much use for the police, and his recent experiences hadn't changed his opinion. "Right," was Brian's sarcastic response.

"Have you thought any more about who might have tried to kill you?" Justin asked.

"I don't think about anything else," Brian declared, "except when I'm fucking you."

"Glad I can ease your mind for a bit," Justin said with a smirk.

"And my body."

"And your body," Justin agreed with a giggle. "Especially your body." Justin's eyes darkened with lust. "We could go again."

"Yes, we could, but I don't think Detective Carver would appreciate walking in on me with my dick stuck up your ass."

"We could make him wait."

"You're just full of good ideas, aren't you?"

"I'm noted for my creativity."

"No shit!" Brian reacted. "Second only to your brazenness."

"Hmpff," Justin snorted. "Do you think Detective Carver has found out anything worthwhile?"

"You talked to him on the phone. What did he say?"

"Just that he had something interesting that he wanted to discuss with you."

"That doesn't sound like he's solved the case," Brian said thoughtfully.

"I wish they would. I don't like the idea of this guy being on the loose. He could come after you again."

"And now that Trent isn't stalking me anymore, there will be no one around to save me."

"I'll save you," Justin promised. "But he won't know that you can see," Justin reflected. "He'll think you're helpless, but you will be able to see him if he tries anything. Then they can arrest him."

Brian stared at Justin thinking about what the boy had just said. It actually made a lot of sense. If he pretended to be blind for the next few days, there might be another attempt on his life. He hated the thought of having to deal with whoever had broken into his apartment, but it would be worth it if the man was caught.

"I think you're right. Maybe we should run the idea past Carver, or maybe I should just pretend to be blind and see what happens."

"But you should tell Detective Carver. You might need his help."

Brian looked thoughtfully at Justin. He was a smart young man, but Brian had a feeling that he should keep this to himself. He had learned that not all policemen were honorable or straight … in any sense of that word. When he had been looking for information about Jason Kemp's murder, he had found that more than one cop frequented the hustler bar where Jason had last been seen alive. That was how he had come to the conclusion that the murderer might be a cop, and that was why he had chosen a cop as the villain in his novel. It was an interesting twist like Agatha Christie's "Mousetrap".

"I think I'm going to keep the fact that I can see a secret from everybody including Carver. Can you play along when he gets here?"

"Sure, but I still think you should tell him. What if this guy comes back with a gun or something? I don't want something bad to happen to you."

"Believe me neither do I, but back me up. Okay?"

"If that's what you want," Justin said with a frown.

They sat in silence waiting for Carver to arrive. Finally the buzzer sounded indicating the detective was at the front door. Justin went to buzz him up. Brian wondered why sometimes people had to use the buzzer, and other times they seemed to make their way to his door with no trouble at all. And they usually managed to do that at the most inopportune moments. If he had been fucking Justin when Carver arrived the policeman would have probably been pounding on the loft door without any prior warning that he was there.

Brian sat on the sofa facing the windows. He wondered if Carver would be able to tell that he could now see. This should be interesting. Justin pulled back the loft door and they waited for the detective. The whir of the elevator indicated he was almost there. It stopped and Justin greeted the man and brought him inside pulling the loft door closed behind them.

Carver came around the sofa and sat in the chair kitty corner from Brian. Brian kept his eyes glued to the floor trying not to let on that he could see.

"What did you find out, Detective?" Brian asked.

"I went back over the notes about your mugging," Carver began. "There was an interesting description given by the people who witnessed your attack and scared off the muggers. The man said there were two muggers, but one was older and had scary eyes." Carver let his words hang in the air.

Brian almost looked at Carver, but then remembered he was supposed to be blind. He stared out the windows instead. "That's what Trent said about the eyes of the person who tried to push me off the roof," Brian said slowly.

"In all likelihood the three attempts on your life have been by the same person."

"Not really," Justin interjected. The guy who was running and knocked Brian in front of the SUV wasn't old. He would have been in his late twenties at most."

"I thought you said you didn't get a good look at him," Carver reminded Justin.

"I didn't but I don't think someone older would have looked like this guy and run as fast."

"I think you're making a lot of assumptions," Carver said.

"Maybe I am, but two people mugged Brian. It could have been the younger one who shoved him in front of the car."

Suddenly someone was pounding on the loft door. Brian jumped and Justin looked uneasy. A voice from the other side of the door called, "Dan, there's a robbery down the street. They want us to check it out."

"That's my partner," Dan said.

Justin got up and went to open the door for the man. Carver was saying something to Brian. As Justin pulled the door back, Carver's partner stepped across the threshold. "Hurry the fuck up, Dan," he said harshly. "We might be able to nab this motherfucker."

Brian turned at the sound of the bitter, harsh voice and his eyes locked onto those of a man he had met in the hustler bar, those of the man who he was sure had tried to shove him off the roof.