- Text Size +

Part Two


"So, where are we going?" Justin asked as he tossed his backpack into the back of the Jeep and pulled on his seat belt.


"Roxanne's" Brian told him. It was close to Justin's school and it offered much better fare than the greasy shit the Diner served. It was one of the few upscale restaurants in town that opened for breakfast, and Brian often brought clients there for breakfast meetings. Besides, he knew that Justin liked the place.


"Good, I love their frittatas," Justin smiled.


A few minutes later, Brian pulled the jeep into the restaurant's parking lot and the two men made their way into the warm building. After being seated and placing their orders, Justin looked at Brian with an expectant look.


"What?"


"So, are we going to discuss the trip?" Justin asked.


Brian was quiet for a minute before nodding his head. "Yes."


"Well?"


Brian sighed. "You don't have Friday classes, so do you think you could get away Thursday afternoon? I have some business in Vermont that I need to take care of before we go. I thought we could fly there Thursday, I could take care of business Friday morning, and then we'd take a rental car to Boston and catch the flight to London on Friday evening. What do you think?"


Justin shrugged. "That's fine. When will we be back?"


"The next Saturday," Brian told him. "That will give us a day to reacclimatize to the time difference."


"What sort of business are you working with in Vermont?" Justin asked.


Brian hesitated. "It's more like a scouting expedition. Ryder wants me to check out a couple of local businesses that he saw on vacation there last month. Thinks they might have the potential to go national, but wants my input before we approach them."


Justin nodded and took a large dink of his orange juice before saying, "Sounds like he trusts you more these days."


"He does," Brian smirked. "I didn't tell you last night, but I got more than a bonus and vacation from this latest coup."


Justin raised his eyebrows and looked at Brian. "Partner?"


"As of this morning," Brian confirmed. "We meet with the lawyers at ten and should have everything signed and sealed by lunch."


"Wow," Justin said. He might have said more, but the waiter arrived with their breakfasts, frittata for Justin and an egg white omelet for Brian. Once the waiter was gone and they had begun to eat, Justin looked back at Brian and grinned. "Congratulations."


"I'm having a celebratory lunch with Ryder this afternoon, but I was hoping you and I could have a private celebration tonight?" Brian asked.


"I'm all yours," Justin told him. "I have to work at the store until four, but after that I'm free."


"Good," Brian told him. "Dress up, because we're doing this up the right way."


"Le Mont?" Justin asked.


"I love the view from Mount Washington," Brian agreed.


"You just like looking down over your domain," Justin laughed.


"That too."


For the rest of breakfast they talked about plans for while they were in London. Justin wanted to see all of the museums and touristy spots, while Brian wanted to shop on Bond Street and Oxford.


"I am not spending my time in London wandering through a dusty old museum named for the most uptight breeder in centuries," Brian stated adamantly.


"The Victoria and Albert Museum has some great exhibits, though," Justin cajoled. "And Victoria wasn't all that uptight until Albert died."


"Still, the thought of it makes my dick shrivel," Brian complained.


Justin laughed. "Fine, we'll stick to the National Gallery and you have to concede the Tower of London."


"Hmm, the Tower? Isn't that where they keep the Crown Jewels?"


"Yes," Justin chuckled. "Trust you to hone in on that point."


"Alright, it's a deal," Brian smirked. "And I get at least two full days of shopping, agreed?"


"Agreed," Justin smiled.


By that time they were both finished and getting ready to leave. Justin followed Brian out to the jeep and they were soon on their way over to PIFA. Brian looked at Justin again. "What are your plans today?"


"After class this morning, Mom said she'd drop by and take me to lunch," Justin said. "I thought I'd tell her about London then and ask her about my passport and about borrowing luggage. Then I'll be at the store until four. After that, back to the apartment to get ready for tonight. Will I need to pack a bag?"


Brian smirked at Justin's unsubtle way of asking if he was spending the night at the loft. "Yes. And we've had this discussion before as well."


Justin sighed. "I'm not moving in, Brian. You hated having me there last time."


Brian nodded. He had hated Justin living with him last year, but things had changed since then. He wasn't going to push the point right now, but he wasn't giving up. This vacation, Brian intended to get his way on all the arguments they had been avoiding lately.


"I'll be by to pick you up at seven; our reservations are for seven thirty," Brian told him as he pulled up outside of Justin's school. Justin leaned over and gave Brian a kiss before grabbing his backpack and stepping out.


Just before closing the door, Justin leaned back into the jeep and said, "Thanks, Brian."


"For what?"


"For breakfast, for the trip, for not pushing, for...for everything," Justin said.


Brian nodded in acknowledgement and leaned over to kiss Justin again. After a couple minutes he pulled away and said, "Later."


"Yeah," Justin sighed as he hitched his bag up his shoulder. "Definitely later."


Brian went to the office, thinking of all of the things he needed to get done before their trip. As soon as he walked through the door to his office, he was calling for Cynthia. Twenty minutes later, the blond woman left his office with a long list of tasks to accomplish and a bemused smile on her face. Brian Kinney would never cease to shock her.


BJBJBJBJBJ


"So how was class this morning?" Jennifer Taylor asked her son as they drove through the traffic around campus.


"Good," Justin said. "I'm just about finished with my midterm project and should be ready to take a break next week when school's out."


Jennifer glanced over at Justin and knew that there was something he wanted to tell her. "So what are your plans for Spring break?" she asked pointedly.


Justin smiled. "I never could fool you. Brian wants to take me to London."


Jennifer didn't say anything to that for a minute, processing the information and formulating a reply. "Well, that sounds rather exciting. Will you be able to get the time from work?"


Justin nodded. "I made a few calls while I was waiting for you after class. Gary will just rearrange schedules for the week. He owes me because I picked up a few last minute shifts for him lately. And Debbie said she'd make Michael fill in if she couldn't get anyone else. I think she's still pissed at him for quitting his job."


"Yes, but he does have his own store now," Jennifer defended the man. "I'm sure he can't take that much time away."


"He doesn't open until eleven, Mom," Justin said. "He can work the breakfast shift before then, just like I do. But I think Debbie already has a few people in mind to fill in."


"Well, it sounds like you have everything under control," Jennifer commented.


"Well," Justin said hesitantly. "I do need one or two things still."


"Like?"


"I'll need my passport for one," Justin said. "And I was hoping you might loan me some luggage?"


Jennifer laughed. "And perhaps buy a few things to put in that luggage?"


"Well, maybe," Justin admitted. "I know that Brian would take me shopping, but I hate taking so much from him. Oh! And I need a new suit Mom."


Jennifer laughed again at her son's agitation. "A suit? For what?"


"Brian's taking me to LeMont tonight," Justin explained. "He made partner at his firm and we're celebrating. But I don't have anything to wear. None of my old dress clothes fit anymore."


"So I guess this is going to be a shopping lunch," Jennifer said dryly.


Justin paused to gauge his mother's reaction. "Not if it's a problem. I'll figure something out. I suppose I could borrow something from someone."


Jennifer laughed. "It's fine honey. We'll just head downtown and get you fitted up for tonight. And this weekend, you and I will worry about clothes for your trip, alright?"


"Thanks Mom," Justin smiled with relief.


"So, we had the mediation hearing yesterday," Jennifer told her son. "Your father's lawyer is as big a homophobic prick as your father. Luckily, the mediator wasn't."


"What did he say?" Justin asked.


Jennifer smiled. "He said that the stipulations in your grandfather's will were very clear. The trust was to be used for your education and living expenses while in school with the remainder to be given to you in whole on your twenty-fifth birthday, there were no conditions put on it about having to go to a specific school or major in business. Your father broke faith by restricting your access to the trust and has therefore waived his right to oversee the trust. In that case, the entire trust is turned over to you, since you are over eighteen."


"So that means...?"


"That means, honey, that you will have access to your entire trust within the week." Jennifer explained with a wide smile. "Now, you still need to be prudent how you spend your money. I'll make an appointment with my accountant and we can set up a budget and allowance for you that won't dip into your principal, but still give you enough for school and living expenses without two jobs."


"Mom, that's great! I can concentrate on school, and not have to worry about..." Justin looked at his mother, wanting to word his next words carefully. "Brian has been pushing me to move in with him lately, and he wanted to pay for my school. He thinks I've been working too hard."


Jennifer nodded. She had felt the same way, but she had decided that she needed to let Justin forge his own path in life. She wasn't sure how she felt about her son moving back in with Brian, though. "Well, I'm glad you won't have to work so hard now. And now, if you do decide to live with Brian, you'll know that the decision was made for the right reasons."


"Yeah," Justin smiled.


BJBJBJBJBJ


"Wow, Sunshine, you clean up nice," Brian told Justin later that night. "Your mom sure has good taste. It's not Armani, but it will do."


"Label snob," Justin scolded, but he was pleased with the suit his mother had picked out for him. "Do you want a drink before we go?"


"No, I just want to drink in the sight of you," Brian told him with a leer. "Is that silk?"


"Yes," Justin said as he backed away from a stalking Brian. "And we don't have time for you to drink me in if we're going to make our reservation."


Brian paused and nodded. "I guess that will just have to wait. But make no mistake; I will enjoy taking that suit off of you tonight."


Minutes later, they were on their way in the limo Brian had rented for the evening. "This is nice," Justin commented. "We won't have to worry about drinking too much."


"And I can have my wicked way with you in privacy on the way home tonight." Brian leered.


Justin looked at the heat in Brian's eyes and thought it might be a good idea to change the subject. "So, I have some good news."


"Yeah?"


Justin nodded. "The mediator found that my father was in breach and turned the trust over to me. There are still a few things I'll need to sign, and then go over with my mother's attorney and accountant, but by this time next week, I'll be able to support myself completely."


Brian raised an eyebrow. "And the asshole's just supposed to accept all this?"


Justin smiled, "That was part of the deal going in. Technically, he could still take it before a judge, but even if he did, the mediator was pretty clear that the law was on our side on this one. He broke faith by refusing to pay for my education, and Grandfather's will was very clear about how the trust was to be handled and what would happen if it wasn't. Short of having my grandfather declared mentally unfit-which would open up a whole Pandora's box of trouble for the rest of the will-there isn't anything he can do."


"So you'll be a wealthy young man," Brian smirked. "And won't be my little rent boy any longer. Well, I suppose I can live with that. How much is in that trust, anyway?"


"Enough to pay for undergraduate, graduate and post graduate degrees at an Ivy League and still have enough left over to buy a house and start a business, if I wanted," Justin said. "Grandfather was a very smart business man, and knew how to invest. And he wanted to be sure Molly and I had a head start in life. We were his only grandchildren."


"I think I would have liked to have met the man," Brian said. "So, we have two things to celebrate tonight."


And they did celebrate. Brian ordered the Chateaubriand for two and they watched the meal as it was prepared tableside. Brian ordered the best wines with dinner, and they had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot with their dessert. Justin was entranced by view and by the company. And by the time they had returned to the limousine, all he wanted was to go home with Brian and fuck until they couldn't stand.


BJBJBJBJBJ


The next two weeks were hectic for Justin. He put in notice at each of his jobs, agreeing to stay on until he left for vacation, but not after. He had the meeting with his mother's lawyer and accountant, then another with just the accountant. He went shopping with his mother for his trip, where, for the first time, he was able to actually purchase his own clothing, though his mother insisted on buying him luggage. He had dinner with Debbie one night, and spent the night at Brian's three times. And every spare minute was spent working to finish his midterm projects for his various courses. By the time he turned in his Life Drawing midterm project on the Thursday they were scheduled to leave, Justin was absolutely exhausted.


He was fighting a headache and finishing packing when Brian showed up at his door that afternoon. Almost immediately, he knew that Justin wasn't feeling great.


"You okay?" Brian asked as he gave Justin a hug. "We can delay until tomorrow if you're not up to this."


Justin shook his head without moving it from Brian's chest. "No, I'll be fine. I'll sleep on the plane, and I can rest tomorrow while you work if I need to. It's just been a long two weeks."


Brian smiled. "I know. I feel like I've barely seen you since our celebration."


"You haven't," Justin said. "Three nights in two weeks."


"Yeah, remind me not to do that ever again," Brian said as he finally let Justin go. "So you all packed? The car is waiting downstairs."


Justin nodded. "If you want to take that suitcase down, I'll grab my carryon and laptop and lock up."


Brian looked at the large suitcase with skepticism. Had Justin stuffed the thing? If so, it would weigh a ton. As Brian lifted the case, however, he found it was lighter than he had anticipated. Justin must want the extra room to bring back souvenirs and such. Brian's case was oversized for the same reason. He planned on bringing back a few things from Bond Street.


 


Justin was as good as his word. He dozed on the way to the airport and as soon as they had boarded their flight on Liberty Air, he was asleep-even before the plane had left the ground. Brian leaned back in his seat and smiled to himself. Justin thought he could simply spend the day sleeping tomorrow while Brian was at work, but Brian had other plans. He had several surprises for his sleeping lover.