- Text Size +

MEL 

 

 

I know I have to tell Lindsay about what I want but what if it just causes another argument? It's the first time I almost don't care how she feels and that scares me. I waited until we were getting ready for bed to open the subject.

 

 

“Do you ever want another child?” I ask her. 

 

 

“Sometimes yeah, the kids are getting older and I miss having a baby.” She tells me. 

 

 

“I want to have another one.” I tell her. 

 

 

“It's a good time for me, my job is only part time and like you said I could quit and this would be a wonderful reason to do it. I could probably talk Brian into doing it again, unless you're thinking of Michael?” She asks me. 

 

 

“I want to do it.” I tell her.

 

 

“Wouldn’t it make more sense for me to do it? Your job is more important and I'll be honest, you didn’t do so well the last time.” She tells me.

 

 

“I want to try again, because the last time I let everything be more important than Jenny. My job now is low stress in comparison to my old job and money-wise we’re in a place where I could take time for it. I want to do it.” I tell her. 

 

 

“What if I want to?” She asks me. 

 

 

“Do you? You never really seemed to want to again.” I ask her. 

 

 

“Mel, our relationship has had so many ups and downs that I never thought about it, but no I guess Gus and Jenny were enough for me.” She tells me. 

 

 

“It's something I want and I really want your support.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Okay, but who? We don't have anyone here that I would feel comfortable asking.” She tells me. 

 

 

“I've been thinking about it and I there is someone I want.” I tell her. 

 

 

“I'm assuming not Michael again.” She tells me. 

 

 

“No, he would just cause more problems. It's someone you suggested and I blew off.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Brian?” She asks me. 

 

 

“Brian and I are too much alike and I want to have a baby with someone I honestly love.” I tell her. 

 

 

“Ted?” She asks. 

 

 

“No, and not Emmett either.” I tell her, not understanding why I can't just say it.

 

 

“Mel who else is there? Ben isn’t possible and I don't…” She stares at me and I think she figured it out. “Justin.” She tells me smiling.

 

 

“He's someone I could be happy to have a child with. I finally understand why you wanted Brian when we first wanted a baby. You knew that you have to love the father for the baby to mean more to you. I owe you an apology for seeing it as something it wasn't.” I tell her. 

 

 

“That's the best apology you’ve ever given me.” She tells me, kissing me.

 

 

“Now let’s hope Brian thinks it’s a good idea.” I tell her.

 

 

“If Justin wants it, Brian will do it. That’s something none of you ever got about Brian. He loves Justin enough to do anything for him. He moved to be with him, and I think it’s because he realized that couples should be together. Michael and I both knew he’d realize it. I wouldn’t be surprised if Brian wants to do the whole ceremony again. In fact, I should suggest it.” She tells me, making me want to scream that Brian and Justin know what they’re doing and the other two need to stop trying to prove they know better. 

 

 

Half of Brian and Justin’s problems come from everyone telling them what to do. I think it’s hilarious that none of us are more together than the two of them, but think we have the right to tell them that what they’re doing isn’t how it should work. They managed to do it with three hundred miles between them for two years. The rest of us can’t do it with a pillow between us sometimes. 

 

 

I just smile and let her keep telling me how she was the reason they work, because I’m happy that I don’t have to fight her to have the baby I want to complete my family.

 

 

JUSTIN

 

 

I couldn’t think of anything but the possibility that I could be a father someday. I’ve always wanted kids, but my life just doesn’t leave a lot of room for a baby right now. I also need to think if I could deal with my kid being so far away all the time. I also need to think if the woman wanting me to do this is the best person for me to have a baby with. I also need to stop running this around in circles in my head. 

 

 

“Justin, tell me what you're thinking, because I’d like to finish this with you involved.” Brian tells me as he thrusts into me.

 

 

“Do you even like Mel enough to want us to deal with them again?” I ask as he pulls out and thrusts back causing me to moan.

 

 

“Can we not say her name because this isn’t really going to work if you keep mentioning women.” He tells me, pulling me up to kiss me and thrusting faster.

 

 

“Then think of how it feels to have my ass gripping you and tightening, because I’m about to cum all over us.” I tell him as he thrusts again and starts groaning as he cums and I finish between us.

 

 

“Okay, you can mention Mel now. I don’t mind.” He tells me, kissing me and catching his breath.

 

 

“If Mel and I have a kid I don’t want you two fighting with each other all the time. You both manage to do it away from all of us, but Lindsay and I know what you two do when you walk out back.” I tell him.

 

 

“Justin, it’s what makes us able to tolerate each other when we’re together.” He tells me, grabbing a cigarette and lighting it.  

 

 

“This is something you need to not do in the house too.” I tell him taking a drag.

 

 

“I’m only killing us with this habit right now.” He tells me.

 

 

“I don’t want it in the house with a baby, you didn’t do it with Gus in the loft.” I tell him.

 

 

“I won’t do it with your baby around either.” He tells me rolling his eyes at me.

 

 

“I’m overthinking this aren’t I?” I ask him. 

 

 

“You always overthink things, but I love you enough to overlook that flaw in your character.” He tells me.

 

 

“She might change her mind, so I guess other than waiting, there’s no reason for me to keep thinking about it.” I tell him.

 

 

“Justin, if you just acted like this wasn’t a big deal then I’d be worried about you. A child isn’t just shooting in the cup, it’s knowing that there is going to be a life out there that you created. You are going to be the person who that child is going to look at to protect them from the world and give them everything they need to be happy. You are the one person who I know will be able to do it, because you do it for everyone. I think having a child is something you would have done even if we never met, because you love kids.” He tells me.

 

 

“You really think that?” I ask him.

 

 

“I know that, look at us. You didn’t just fall down at every hurdle I threw at you. You dodged them and kept at me until I saw what you seem to have known since the night we met, that we were going to grow old together.” He tells me and I decide Mr. Kinney deserves more attention for loving me.

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

I walked into the diner and Ma was waiting on Emmett. I knew that his relationship with Calvin wasn’t going to last. I didn’t say anything because Emmett wouldn’t have listened to me. I walk over to join him.

 

 

“Hey Michael, where’s Ben?” He asks, looking at the menu.

 

 

“He’s teaching a class this morning. We are going to go up and see Jenny while Brian and Justin are there, so he volunteered to change with another teacher who wanted this week off.” I tell him as Ted slides in next to Emmett.

 

 

“I thought you were going to go the week after they visited. You know Mel and Lindsay don’t have a lot of room for company?” Ted asks me.

 

 

“I wanted to go when we could hang out with Brian and Justin.” I tell them.

 

 

“I thought you were going to see Jenny not anyone else.” Ted tells me.

 

 

“Why should it matter? I’m going to see my daughter too. I think Brian and Justin would like to see friends too. I mean they really should have moved back, but I think they’ll figure it out soon.” I tell them as Ma brings me food.

 

 

“Michael they don’t need you around all the time.” Emmett tells me.

 

 

“It’s only for a week, they were already going to spend it with Mel and Lindsay.” I tell them.

 

 

“You need to make sure that Mel and Lindsay want that many people over.” Ted tells me.

 

 

“I swear, if they are fighting again, I’m going to have to explain to them the kids don’t need that.” Deb tells us.

 

 

“Deb, no  one said they were fighting, it’s just that they have a four bedroom and not a lot of space. When Michael made plans he told them a different time than Brian and Justin. That makes it so they have room for people to stay.” Ted tells us.

 

 

“So we sleep on the couch or floor, why do you even care?” Michael asks us.

 

 

“I’m just pointing out that it’s polite to make sure the people you're staying with are okay that you want to come a week earlier.” Ted tells me.

 

 

“Michael should be allowed to be there anytime he wants. He’s Jenny’s father.” Deb tells me.

 

 

I smile at Ma for pointing out that I have every right to be with my daughter. 

 

 

“I need my order to go. I have a busy morning.” Ted tells Deb sighing.

 

 

“I’ll go with you, Cynthia wanted me to help plan a party she’s throwing for a campaign.” Emmett tells Ted.

 

 

Ma gets their food and comes to sit with me to talk about picking up the stuff she made for Jenny and Gus.

 

 

EMMETT

 

 

Teddy seemed to really be trying to make Michael wait and go when he was supposed to. I wanted to know why he kept trying to talk Michael into not invading at the same time as Brian and Justin.

 

 

“What do you know that I don’t?” I ask, skipping around him to drive him crazy.

 

 

“Nothing, I just think that it’s inconsiderate to just show up when you want to, without letting them know.” He tells me.

 

 

“Teddy how long have we been friends, forever right? As my best friend you shouldn’t keep things from me.” I tell him, skipping around him more when he tries to dodge me.

 

 

“I’m not keeping anything from you and could you please walk with me instead of circling me.” He tells me.

 

 

“I’ll do that when you tell me what you're hiding.” I tell him.

 

 

“Fuck, Emmett it’s not my secret, I mean, it’s nothing.” He tells me running for the front door to Kinnetik.

 

 

“You don’t get to escape me.” I tell him running through the office after him.

 

 

“I’m busy Emmett, and you needed to talk to Cynthia.” He tells me, trying to close the door, but I work out, so I win.

 

 

“Tell me or I’ll bug Blake, and you know he’ll tell me.” I tell him.

 

 

“Blake wouldn’t tell you because unlike me, he doesn’t blab shit.” Ted tells me, giving up.

 

 

“So, what’s the secret?” I ask him, excited. Maybe Baby and Brian are getting hitched, although I don’t get why they would.

 

 

“MelwantsJustintobeherbabydaddy.” He says.

 

 

“What!” I yell.

 

 

“Emmett, don’t say anything, because it’s not a done thing and I have a feeling that Michael isn’t going to be thrilled they didn’t want him again.” Ted tells me.

 

 

“You know I really shouldn’t have asked, because man this is like huge and how am I going to keep from telling everyone. I mean trust me, I get why she wants Justin. I mean imagine how cute a kid would be with his complexion and his adorable nose and... “ I ramble until I see Ted shaking his head.

 

 

“Imagine Michael showing up and finding out that Mel wants another kid and he isn’t the one they want.” I tell Emmett.

 

 

“Why would they want to go through that headache again? Part of which is Michael doesn’t see he caused problems, right?” I ask Ted, because I think I get it now.

 

 

“Michael doesn’t see anything he does as wrong. So Lindsay and Mel not wanting him to father Jenny’s brother or sister would be a problem for him, not to mention Deb.” Ted tells me.

 

 

“Shit, I kind of hope Justin tells them no, because I have to live with Deb.” I suddenly don’t really like secrets.