- Text Size +

EMMETT

 

 

I was sitting around the living room listening to Deb and Michael go on and on about the girls living in Canada. Deb hates it because she can’t spend all her free time with Jenny. I understand that, but it’s like most families, they don’t always live next door to each other. It’s not like Mel and Lindsay are saying no when they want to visit. It’s just that Mel and Lindsay don’t want to leave Jenny here by herself until she’s older. Not that Deb and Michael understand that. 

 

 

I’ve been keeping ‘the secret’ because who do I tell that doesn’t know and won’t think this is their business? I could tell Ben but then I can’t guarantee Ben won’t slip and tell Michael somehow. Since Calvin and I broke up I don’t even have a boyfriend to tell. I could call Drew, we still talk sometimes, I just didn’t want him to show up and expect me to put up with his shit. I miss him but I don’t think he’s ready to just be with me yet. I tune back into the Novotny’s because I heard Brian’s name.

 

 

“Brian doesn’t need to be in New York either.” Michael tells her.

 

 

“He’s doing this for Sunshine, and he should if they want to be together.” Deb tells him.

 

 

“It would make more sense to be here. You know they can’t keep it together unless we’re around.” Michael tells her.

 

 

“When they need you they’ll call.” Deb tells him.

 

 

“I just don’t want to have fix things after they explode. If they were here I could make it so they have a good relationship like Ben and me.” He tells her.

 

 

“Honey, they do things differently. Brian wants to make a go of New York for Kinnetik and Justin being there made it easier for him.” She tells him.

 

 

“At least I’ll get to check up on them when I get to Mel and Lindsay’s.” He tells her.

 

 

“Have you called to tell Mel and Lindsay?” I ask because Ted is right, you can’t expect to show up and for it to be okay.

 

 

“No, but what’s the big deal?” He asks me. 

 

 

“I think Ted is right, you should ask if they want that many people over at the same time.” I tell him.

 

 

“Michael shouldn’t have to ask for permission to be there, he gave them permission to take Jenny there.” Deb tells me.

 

 

“I guess if everyone invaded here you wouldn’t care that there was no place to put all those people.” I tell her.

 

 

“I have other people who could help put up some people if I want.” She tells me.

 

 

“They don’t Deb, they live there without a lot of extended family.” I tell her.

 

 

“They should have thought of that when they took off with my grandchild.” Deb tells me.

 

 

I get up and head for Ted’s place before I slap them both in the head. It’s like Deb can’t see past Jenny not being where she can drop by whenever she wants. At least she isn’t saying that Brian needs Michael to be there for him. Now it’s like the girls can’t take care of themselves. I think it’s about Deb wanting all her chicks where she can see them. I see Blake getting out of his car.

 

 

“Hey, mind if I invade for a while?” I ask him.

 

 

“Michael still hasn’t told the girls he’s coming early?” He asks me.

 

 

“Well he’s Jenny’s father and can go anytime he wants. That’s a quote from mom and son.” I tell him.

 

 

“Deb doesn’t see why it would be a big deal because her house is open to all of us. Michael is Michael, not much you can do when he wants to do something.” Blake tells me.

 

 

“If Mel gets Justin to agree, then counselor, what do you see in our future.” I ask him. 

 

 

“I think Deb will want to know why she wasn’t told first.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Michael?” I ask him. 

 

 

“I'm honestly not sure, it could go a lot of ways. Michael might not care, but then he might think Mel should have told him first. With Michael you just never know how he'll react to anything.” Blake tells me. 

 

 

“I'm stuck not telling, do you know how hard this is for me?” I ask him.

 

 

“I doubt you’ll have to keep it for long, hopefully Mel will tell Michael so he can deal with it.” Blake tells me. 

 

 

“I might be staying here for a while if she does.” I joke.

 

 

“We could always go to New York and hide.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Yeah I could see Brian slamming the door and telling us where he really wants us to be.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Why not call Justin and mention Michael’s change of plans.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Then if he tells me, Ted doesn’t get blamed for blabbing. You are devious you know that.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I have to be to be around you guys.” He tells me. 

 

 

BRIAN 

 

 

I told Justin to soak in the tub so I could concentrate, because his mind is getting louder. I was looking at the graphics Murph sent when Justin’s phone rang.

 

 

“Emmett, he's in the tub, so unless you can give me a reason to bother him, you get me.” I tell him. 

 

 

“If I wanted you I'd have called you, but whatever, Blake said I should let you know Michael is going to be at the girl’s house earlier then he told them and being the great friend that I am, I decided to let you know.” He tells me. Does he really think I'm falling for that?

 

 

“That is such a sweet thing for you to do. I appreciate that you think we would need to know. It just makes me realize how little I value our friendship until out of the kindness of your heart you call to let me know Michael misses me.” I tell him sarcastically.

 

 

“I was trying to make it so when Mel popped the question to Justin, Michael doesn’t have an aneurysm.” He tells me.

 

 

“I see the grapevine is still running at full speed. Who, Ted?” I ask him. 

 

 

“I might have pestered him to tell me.” He tells me. 

 

 

“And with your partner in crime in the know who’s left to tell, right?” I ask him.

 

 

“I wasn’t telling anyone. Trust me I want to, but I’m doing what’s best for Baby. Honestly Brian, do you see Michael handling that they don’t want him well?” He asks me.

 

 

“I think it will bother him, but I also don’t think he wants any more kids. Hunter and Jenny are more than he can handle most days. I just wonder what caused Mel to want another one.” I tell him.

 

 

“Women have biological clocks and they tick loudly when the end of babymaking is near. I think she doesn’t want to not do it and then regret it later.” He tells me and there’s the optimism.

 

 

“I talked to her and we have a plan on how we are going to handle this if she get’s pregnant. That’s still something that we don’t have to worry about right now. Did Michael say why he’s changing plans all of sudden?” I ask him.

 

 

“I think he wants to make sure you and Justin are still doing okay. You know he’s the only reason that you two stay together, because he gives us all his wisdom.” He tells me.

 

 

“He emails you too?” I ask him.

 

 

“Only when he can’t hand me the articles about not finding relationships in bars, cause you know that’s all they end up, a relationship with the bar.” He tells me.

 

 

“I met a great guy outside of the bar, so maybe that has some truth to it.” I tell him.

 

 

“Five years of chasing each other around doesn’t make a great relationship.” He tells me.

 

 

“Seven and still going, so think about that, sometimes you have the relationship you want staring you in the face, don’t let the other shit stop it.” I tell him because he knows it’s there.

 

 

“I can’t be Justin to Drew, Brian.” He tells me.

 

 

“Justin caught what he wanted, I doubt he’d tell you it was horrible.” I tell him.

 

 

“Justin can handle other men, I can’t.” He tells me.

 

 

“Justin understood why I did what I did, and didn’t take it as being about him. Which Emmett, it wasn’t about Justin, just me being me. Which is why he waited for me to be ready but stuck by me for it.” I tell him.

 

 

“Are you telling me that you and he…” Emmett squeals.

 

 

“Unless we both want a little side action than yes we are. Do you want to know why you know about this and no one else?” I ask him.

 

 

“Only me, why?” He asks me.

 

 

“Because you managed not to tell anyone what you know. I trust you that you won’t tell anyone this either because I’ll know who told.” I tell him.

 

 

“So once again I have something to tell and no one to tell, you are just mean.” He tells me.

 

 

“I’m sweet, just ask your Baby.” I tell him.

 

 

“So should I call Mel and tell her about Michael?” He asks me.

 

 

“I’ll do it, that way you don’t have to accidently tell on Ted to her.” I tell him.

 

 

“Can I at least tell Ted?” He ask me.

 

 

“No, but you can tell any guy you decided to live with.” I tell him.

 

 

“I live with Carl.” He tells me.

 

 

“Tell him, I doubt he wants to know.” I tell him.

 

 

“Fine, but I don’t care what the next big secret is I get to tell everyone in the middle of Babylon.” He tells me.

 

 

“You still want to talk to Baby?” I ask him.

 

 

“I’ll call when we can gossip without you to ruin it.” He tells me.

 

 

“I just gave you gossip, I think that was incredi…” I laugh when he hangs up.

 

 

Shit, why can’t Michael stick to his plans, it’s not like I plan on spending time at the munchers house anyway. I walk into the bathroom to see Justin reading a book on babies. REALLY?

 

 

“Emmett knows and called to warn us that Michael changed his plans to be there with us.” I tell him as he slides the book down the side of the tub, like I didn’t see what he was reading.

 

 

“Ted told?” He asks me.

 

 

“You know Emmett, it was likely Ted only told because Emmett annoyed him into doing it.” I tell him.

 

 

“They don’t keep anything from each other, but you knew that.” He tells me.

 

 

“Justin, I don’t want to stay at the girl’s house with that many people, so we are going to rent a hotel. I just wanted to tell you so we agree on this.” I tell him.

 

 

“Yeah, I don’t see not have sex for a week as a great thing.” He tells me smirking.

 

 

“I don’t really get how people manage to go days, but some people seem to be able to.” I tell him, taking off my sweats.

 

 

“You’ve always had a high sex drive.” He tells me when I sit in front of him.

 

 

“Lucky for you.” I tell him.

 

 

“I guess you're lucky that I'm still young enough to reap the benefits.” He tells me, climbing on my lap.

 

 

“I always knew your age was a benefit.” I tell him, reaching for a condom.

 

 

Justin takes it and puts it on me, then shows that our sex drive has been busy by taking me in. I let him do the work because he likes to control the speed and angle to make us last longer. I pull the plug so his book won’t get wet and hold his hips to guide him to give me what I want. Justin fucks the way he dances, he drives you crazy before taking you over the edge. I moan as he tightens his walls around my cock as he slides up and loosens to make the slide in smooth. I can see him reaching for his cock because he's ready and put my hand over his to help him. He starts moving faster to get me there with him and I cum when I hear him groaning and feel him covering us with his release. He leans on me, breathing in pants. I turn on the water to clean us up. Justin helps get rid of the condom and grabs a washcloth to spread soap on our mess.

 

 

“Do you still want to use those?” He asks me.

 

 

“Until we know there isn't going to be anyone else we need to.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You've been it for the last year.” He tells me. 

 

 

“You didn’t tell me?” I ask him. 

 

 

“I wanted to make sure.” He tells me. 

 

 

“Then we get tested and throw them out because I haven't been with anyone but you since you moved.” I tell him. 

 

 

“Really, and you didn't want to mention it?” He scowls. 

 

 

“I wanted you and I to talk about it once we lived together. I'm ready for it to just be us, but I didn’t want you to make that decision until you were ready.” I tell him. 

 

 

“If you'd mentioned it I would have skipped the one crappy blow job and just waited for you.” He tells me. 

 

 

“That just reminded you why you want me.” I tell him getting out of the tub.

 

 

Justin gets out smiling, because he knows it doesn’t bother me that he did it. We both know it's not a reflection of our feelings for each other, it’s just blowing off steam. Of course now it's different because we told each other.

 

 

“I have to call Mel to let her know about Michael coming.” I tell him. 

 

 

“You just don't want me talking to her.” He tells me. 

 

 

“I want you to have as much time to think about this as you need and we need to talk about what I want to do.” I tell him. 

 

 

“I don’t care as long as we are together.” He kisses me and grabs the book running out of the bathroom.

 

 

Well Kinney, looks like we're going to have a kid.